Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-intel-committee-investigating-jill-stein-campaign-for-collusion-with-the-russians/2017/12/18/ea7f3f1a-e44b-11e7-833f-155031558ff4_story.html?utm_term=.d5816bd1a7c3

The plot fucking thickens.

Jill Stein is being investigated for possible collusion with Russia by the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Considering the power third party votes had in deciding the election by serving as spoilers, evidence Stein or Johnson was working with Russia would be damning.

And you get investigated by Mueller, and you get investigated by Mueller...EVERYONE gets investigated by Mueller!

• Chuckle 2

4 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

And you get investigated by Mueller, and you get investigated by Mueller...EVERYONE gets investigated by Mueller!

Unless, of course, Trump gets rid of Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, as the story @CD Sanic linked to above implies that he might. A new DAG sympathetic to Trump would be more than able to wreak havoc on every investigation under the Russia umbrella with unreasonable demands and hoops to jump through, to fire and replace Mueller and his team of prosecutors, and to wind down the FBI's investigations.

It would be very difficult to prove that Trump firing Rosenstein links to his desire to shut down the Russia investigations, but he could easily step on his own toes through his habitual tweeting.

I can only hope that the public outcry over Rosenstein would be as great as if he fired Mueller himself.

On 12/18/2017 at 2:34 PM, KHCast said:

It’s more that I simply feel the apathy and lack of real effort on the public’s end will result in more damage than good even if dems take the House/senate/presidency/etc. after this. That Society won’t truly realize until it’s too late since most seem to still try and avoid politics and isolate themselves into a reality where that doesn’t matter outside every 4 years when they need to vote.

On 12/18/2017 at 2:49 PM, KHCast said:

Just out of a hypothetical curiosity, let’s say dems apocalypse trump presidency was full force. Blacks were beaten and jailed daily by police with no legal concerns over them, abortions were banned, Muslims were no longer welcome here, the economy was in the shittiest position it’s been in since the Great Depression, Same sex marriage was banned again and open homosexual activity was illegal, women remained being treated like lessers to men in the work place, etc. would you still remain in this optimistic silver lining state of “things could be worse” vs “were in a shitty position”?

Literally since before this thread has started America has been doomed. "dems apocalypse trump presidency" was the perceived reality even when Obama still had two months to go. I saw it all over tumblr. I saw it all over sites like AV Club. I saw it here.

When Trump stacked his swamp-draining cabinet with personal friends and lobbyists and unstable far right lunatics (who have almost all been churned out by now), America was doomed. When Trump forced his travel ban (basically laughed out of courts and was almost unilaterally refused enforcement even before that), America was doomed. When Trump fired Comey in a laughably transparent attempt to shut down his FBI investigation (still going 9 months later), America was doomed. When Trump started saber rattling North Korea (Trump cannot roll out of bed one day in a bad mood and launch missiles at them), the whole world was doomed. When Trump pulled out of what was essentially an emissions agreement (multiple international corporations in the US have committed to follow it anyway, as well as several US states), America was so doomed that one person said something as spectacularly stupid as it being "the most shameful moment in American history." Trump's FCC finally accomplished something that the FCC has been trying to do for the past ten years and revoke net neutrality (half the country is suing the federal government to stop it, and it might even lead to the FCC losing its power to regulate in that manner), and America is doomed. America has been so doomed that, if you listened to some people in this thread who have kindly fucked off since, apparently the US is just a particularly bad week away from turning into Nazi Germany and is the only country in the world blindly rushing into the arms fascism.

We're a year into Trump's presidency now. By this point in Bush's, the US had already invaded one Middle Eastern country that we are still in and was well on their way to setting up a bait and switch into doing so for another one. The administration had already ramrodded the PATRIOT Act through so fast and with so many bipartisan votes that I'd be amazed if more than half of the people who voted for it had read it. They had already given themselves the power to indefinitely lock up people with no trial, no oversight and no Geneva Convention protection in Guantanamo Bay if they even suspected they were terrorists. They had already established the Office of Homeland Security, which was the direct predecessor to (and carried most of the same role as) the exact agency that allows so many police stations in Bumfuck, Missippi (or what have you) to have tanks and APCs and assault rifles and full riot gear that they can respond to every call with because of "terrorism".

The Bush Administration accomplished of this stuff, all of which is in effect and directly affecting people to this day, in the first year. They did so with overwhelming bipartisan support orchestrated by master class political minds who had been involved with federal politicking for over twenty years at that point (to the extent that it was popular to claim that Cheney and Rumsfeld were the ones who ran the administration and Bush rubberstamped whatever they wanted); which Trump never had and sure as shit does not have now when he can't even get people in his party to pass his pet projects when he has Congressional majorities and burns through cabinet members nearly as fast as Nixon. Trump can't even talk about football without shooting himself in the fucking foot and being treated as a boob; even from Republicans in the legislature. Bush spent some weeks a couple of months ago making the rounds on the late night talk show circuit, mostly getting glad handed so much by every outlet that they might as well have used their mouth to do it (because, remember, he's not Trump).

The US might get a good war going that will invert Trump's approval ratings between now and the bloodbath that is going to happen to him at the midterm elections, but ignoring that possibility, when does "too late" actually happen? I know you've been claiming that the sky is going to fall since hours after the election and have blindly posted things that are almost tangential to Trump as proof of it, so when do we need to get out the umbrellas? Everyone definitely has reason to fear the things that the Trump administration wants, especially when whatever ego-maniacal thing Trump personally wants changes on the flimsiest of whims; but the expectation of competence of the administration to actually do any of them should be tempered more than just a bit, and it shouldn't have taken nearly a quarter of what will almost certainly be his only term to realize that.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/politics/republican-tax-plan-vote/index.html

The House has passed the tax bill 227-203, with 12 Republicans voting against the bill.

It goes to the Senate now for final approval. The vote is expected tonight.

The Senate is so certain of its passage that John McCain is not present for the vote, leaving 51 Republicans and 48 Democrats.

Susan Collins, the usual swing vote, is expected to remain a Yes, while Jeff Flake of Arizona has not committed to being a Yes yet.

Collins agreed to be a Yes in exchange for expanding medical and state tax deductions, as well as two bills that would subsidize health insurance costs. McConnell is expected to keep his promise to Collins, because once Doug Jones takes his seat in a few weeks, Collins will have the power to tie the Senate all by herself. Her friendship with Lisa Murkowski, meanwhile, makes it likely the Democrats could obtain a negative majority against McConnell as necessary.

4 hours ago, Tornado said:

I know you've been claiming that the sky is going to fall since hours after the election and have blindly posted things that are almost tangential to Trump as proof of it, so when do we need to get out the umbrellas?

I mean if you wanna attempt to be a dick maybe post a quote where I guessed on things that never happened. Cause pretty sure the net neutrality shit is happening, and the press has been under attack by trump for awhile now. Also I never fucking claimed “end of the world” but hey hoe, it more than definitely ain’t fine either. It’s perfectly fine to go, “hey, this is kinda shitty and the things happening have been pretty shitty” if you wanna imagine we’re no more fine than we were during say, Obama’s term, you must be pretty crazy.

also blindly posting “fake news”. As in? Cause last time I checked trump attempting to ban words, visiting anti-lgbt rallies, supporting and pushing discriminatory ideologies, whining like a mad baby because people protest him, not inviting people of color and lgbt reporters to certain events, pardoning a racist hateful chief of police, endorsing a rapist/pedo politician, hypocritically attacking dems for things he himself has done, etc. are all still extremely real shitty things a president should not be doing, but has been, which believe it or not, raise concern to people.(and this isn’t even focusing on his party and the shit they’ve been doing) when have I posted these and said “end of the world guys, we’re  doomed”. Seriously you must be a special kind of person if in your mind pointing out shitty things going on in our government is the equivalent of claiming the sky is fucking falling 

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-tax-bill-house-passes-tax-reform-bill-live-updates/

Annnnd the House will be voting on a new, revised tax bill, after it became apparent several provisions would be in violation of the Senate's Byrd Rule and thus require 60 votes to pass.

The Senate could vote to waive the rules, but if the GOP does that, they run a heavy risk of being powerless the next time the Democrats have the majority. With Jones' victory, the GOP's majority is in a precarious position next year and so they are unlikely to take that gamble.

Democratic leaders are seizing upon this as further evidence of how rushed and poorly put together the legislation is, as traditionally bills are trimmed down to pass the scrutiny of Senate rules.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/19/republican-infighting-government-shutdown-304923

Meanwhile, in the midst of all the tax plan chaos, the government is on the verge of shutdown if no funding agreement is made prior to adjourning for the holidays.

The GOP leadership is planning to attach a $81 billion disaster relief package to a spending bill to try and force Democrats to cooperate, but many Republicans have reservations about a rapid bill.

At the same time, there are plans to attach the Alexander-Murray bill to the spending bill, which would stabilize Obamacare markets by funding the subsidies that Trump cut earlier this year. Conservatives are freaking out because the language doesn't ban funds from being used for abortion, while it also stabilizes Obamacare.

It's going to be a really bad week in Washington, with or without the tax bill passing.

Noteworthy: the last time there was a government shutdown during the holidays, in 1995-1996, GOP Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich was dubbed the "Gingrinch" for stealing Christmas money from federal workers' families. Newt Gingrich has the rare humiliation of failing to pick up seats in the subsequent midterm, even though midterms almost always see the party opposed to the Presidency gain power.

So if there is a shutdown over Christmas, Ryan and McConnell are likely to pay for it next year.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/19/democrats-tie-virginia-house-of-delegates-244598

A Virginia House seat has flipped to Democratic control after a recount today, splitting the House 50-50.

The margin of victory?

One vote.

ONE VOTE.

Every vote counts. Always go out and vote.

• Thumbs Up 3

One vote?! Folks if anybody tries to pull the “my vote doesn’t matter” card again tell them that they are full of shit.

• Thumbs Up 3

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/senate-republicans-approve-tax-reform-bill-sending-it-to-house.html

The Senate has passed the tax bill 51-48.

The House will vote on it again tomorrow morning, now with the Senate's changes.

It will, barring something crazy, pass and go to Trump's desk.

The Republicans in Congress are banking that pleasing the conservative (and donor) base will be more rewarding than what they'll lose pissing off the left and swing voters who will be harmed by the spike in premiums that will follow this.

Prove them wrong, comrades.

When this damages conservative voters, not sure this will be pleasing to them. Hopefully these wins don’t inspire more ridiculous harmful policies to get proposed. God knows how this is effecting republican ego

The existence of groups like Redneck Revolt would indicate rural voters are not a lost cause.

Sooner or later, it will sink in that Obamacare repeal is not happening, nor are huge tax cuts producing huge investments in the countryside, and that government spending on healthcare and rural infrastructure are the only way forward.

4 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

Figures.

Even with the paid off votes (i.e. Corker), the stupid mistakes, the Senators being promised stuff and not getting it, and the massive opposition, this thing is still passing.

What a shitshow.

I really hope this bill doesn't ruin the economy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I say we give them an early Christmas gift next year by giving a lot of them an early long retirement from politics.

It will make the 2020 race more interesting as well, given a lot of freshman Democrats in 2018 might contemplate a 2020 bid in the mold of how Obama quickly jumped from Senator to President.

17 hours ago, KHCast said:

I mean if you wanna attempt to be a dick maybe post a quote where I guessed on things that never happened.

also blindly posting “fake news”. As in?

Okay. I still fondly remember when you, with a straight face, claimed that the federal government was going to sell your personal information to private companies in response to legislation that essentially allowed private companies to do exactly that when they had already been doing it.

We could also talk about you not actually understanding how Congressional elections work when you let loose with your outrage that someone who hadn't actually cleared everything to take office wasn't sworn in immediately anyway to vote against something, since it happened just a few days ago and you stuck to your guns to the bitter end there as well. I'm sure if I really wanted to look (or "be a dick" in your parlance) I could dig up dozens of alarmist posts and claims and statements from the past year that are of the same cloth. Would you really like me to do that?

Because you come in this thread or make statuses or throw in digs time after time after time as soon as something sets you off; and I can only guess where you keep getting these takes because it's clear that you either don't care enough or simply are incapable of comprehending what you're claiming to see if they may be true before you post them and give everyone a lashing if they don't fall in line.

Cause pretty sure the net neutrality shit is happening,

Take a look at this. See how young and full of life Jon Stewart is?

The federal government did not wake up January 21st and say "hey, we should make it so ISPs can throttle traffic based on whatever internal criteria they want, including financial considerations". This is something the FCC and lobbyist groups have been trying to get for well over a decade; and now that they got it it's much more likely than not something they will not retain anyway.  Hilary Clinton was not in the timezone of being Obama or Sanders on the issue, and there's no reason to assume that Trump winning was the only reason they managed to get it this time they tried.

and the press has been under attack by trump for awhile now.

And best of luck to him on trying to do anything that actually limits them, which is altogether different from getting on Twitter and typing up a rant about a specific news outlet.

Protip: It was ludicrous when you said "say goodbye very likely to freedom of the press" 24 hours after Trump won the election in November of 2016. It doesn't get any less alarmist nonesnse when you basically repeat it in December of 2017 when it hasn't fucking happened in the intervening year and never was something Trump could do in the first place.

It’s perfectly fine to go, “hey, this is kinda shitty and the things happening have been pretty shitty”

Yep. And if your frequent outrage in this thread and across status updates and in threads you've made yourself was anything like that, we probably wouldn't be talking right now.

Cause last time I checked trump attempting to ban words,

And best of luck to him. See above.

visiting anti-lgbt rallies, supporting and pushing discriminatory ideologies, whining like a mad baby because people protest him, not inviting people of color and lgbt reporters to certain events,

And? I wasn't aware people having hurt feelings that Trump is a scumbag of the likes we may never see again who says whatever strokes himself off, which everyone with any knowledge of who he was should have known since the 1980s, was the same as policy. Bush did policy that hurt people. Reagan did policy that hurt people. They were the architects for what was almost certainly deliberately discriminatory legislation that was enacted because they were wildly charismatic leaders with very strong political acumen. They've become so popular in the modern day that one of them was a popular staple of the very same TV format that made a killing off of his shady shit less than a decade prior; even though that policy is still actively enforced.

Trump calls football players bad names, refuses to call out Nazis after one of them runs over people in his car and says things that the other person whose name was on his campaign bumper stickers condemns; but the bad vibes are still what we need to be worried about; which I suppose is fine because every attempt at policy he has tried has collapsed because he doesn't actually know the limitations of his office and he can't even keep his mind on it in the first place.

pardoning a racist hateful chief of police, endorsing a rapist/pedo politician, hypocritically attacking dems for things he himself has done,

Those are all things that have worked out fantastically for him, then? Especially that second thing. Paul Ryan is most assuredly waiting with open arms to welcome Roy Moore when he takes office.

when have I posted these and said “end of the world guys, we’re  doomed”.

I just linked one in the post from last year that you're still saying is essentially true. Trump winning an election but not even taking office for two months is grounds to claim that freedom of the press (one of the most important parts of the US government to the extent that it is far stronger than any other country in the world) will be curtailed by his administration, presumably based on the laughably petty shit he complains about on Twitter. That's not something he can do. That's not something Congress could do at his urging. That's not something he could get the Supreme Court to do. If every star for the executive branch aligned and he had Bush's post-9/11 Congress, and Bush's circa 2008 Supreme Court, and Bush's post-9/11 public support, Donald Trump is still fucking Donald Trump.

His administration, since he was still fucking running, has made enemies out of everyone in in every level of the federal government. Paul Ryan cannot stand him. His vice president constantly contradicts him in public because he doesn't even know what Trump's party line is supposed to be and even expresses moral reservations about it sometimes. People have left his cabinet and become some of his biggest opponents to every 24 hour news station that will have them. His executive orders get ignored even when he throws around "TERRORISM!" to justify them. He couldn't even get a group of 32 billionaires filled with people who heavily supported his campaign to enact rules limiting their employee's freedom of speech even though they are actively losing money over it. You'd have to literally have no clue about how ironclad freedom of the press is to claim that Trump could make any real attempt to limit it based on the things he's bitching about 99% of the time; and yet here we are after a year and the same thing is being claimed.

Seriously you must be a special kind of person if in your mind pointing out shitty things going on in our government is the equivalent of claiming the sky is fucking falling 

I see you still don't actually understand anything that doesn't fit whatever narrative you've gotten yourself worked up over to come here and throw a fit about. I've said several times that that Trump is a comprehensive shitheel, but that doesn't mean that whatever asshole thing he's talking about as if he's going to do it is something to actively worry about. I usually have to do it in response to something you've said (see above). And every time you pipe in with some horseshit about how I'm saying people shouldn't be worried about anything or should just shut up and deal with it and nothing is wrong and go about your day. I made a post saying that the alarmist shit people were claiming  (not even directed at you specifically) Trump would get right on eliminating was within a day of him being elected... well, alarmist, and you responded with ""It essentially seems like a list saying "don't have any concerns or worries even if you're a minority". A year later when many of those things have been forgotten by Trump and the ones he would probably really like for his own sake are still impossible for him to have, and you're still acting the same way. Over some of the same things!

Let me make this clear: You've posted far too many things where it is clear that you've looked at the very first fucking thing that talked about something Trump proposed and acted like it is priority number one to be outraged over. And when someone, anyone, points out that hey, maybe that's not actually what is happening, you immediately dig in as deep as you can and argue over the issue until it is absolutely clear that you don't understand what you're talking about; and at that point the best that can be expected is that you pretend the discussion never happened.

It's long past being obvious that the only one who can't comprehend how the US government works when you start this shit is you. It's long past obvious that the only one still frequently posting in this thread who cannot debate political topics with any intellectual honesty is you. The fact the Ogilvie has let you get away with it (even when you're doing it against him) to this point before I've actually noticed some of the ways you respond to people is the only reason you haven't been given actual moderator response like Volphied got when he was still here doing the same thing. Well, that, and I'm almost positive that you'd try and spin it as "he's censoring me for my political beliefs".

• Thumbs Up 2

Frankley, I’m just amazed it took you a whole day to finally respond, usually you’re quicker on that. If you wanna continue on a rant we moved on from to get the best laugh and ignore actual contributions to the thread I’ve made, which outweighs most of the beef you seem to have with me and even getting likes from Ogi, be my guest, you don’t have to like me, I’ll be honest, you’re not exactly high in my book at the moment. But if you wanna break down anything I’ve posted in here as crazy “end of the world lolol” speech, well I won’t stop you. Not the case mind you, I could point out plenty of members that are far worse in going in extremes about the repercussions of the gop(which are threats keep in mind, checks and balances can only be a saving grace for so long), but oh no, I express disappointment and anger at idiots in charge being idiots and wanting idiotic things. 

Edit: Let me be clear also: I’ve ALSO made clear my concern for society’s general ignorance and apathy towards many issues likebyouve laid out. I’m not night and day focused on trump. If you think I believe society itself is exempt from being called out you’re mistaken.

(also like how you need to bring up points in which I apologized for false information in order to paint me as a carless fuck that doesn’t care about whether information I give is real or not. Go ahead if you wanna paint me as someone that lets be frank, you think is an idiot that doesn’t belong on this thread)

I'm feel no need to continue this "rant" that you would just ignore once again anyway. That bit at the end was moderator instruction, but I'll spell it out since you're still trying to weasel out of it: If you cannot post in this thread (or in statuses, or any new threads you've made, or wherever else you want to inject the political viewpoints tumblr told you to have) with intellectual honesty you will be striked. That's it. The end. You've been given over a year of leash on the matter. I don't give a shit what popularity points from the like system you think will protect you; nor do I give much of a shit what "actual contributions" you think you have that outweighs you going so far as to actively lie about things because you refuse to admit when you're wrong on your first take in a situation.

That your response, even when I've attempted multiple times to break down specifically the things you should take into consideration when talking about politics in this "discussion", is something as petulant as this:

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Frankley, I’m just amazed it took you a whole day to finally respond, usually you’re quicker on that.

Tells me I won't have to wait long.

• Thumbs Up 1

K  if you had beef with me before this could have dm’d me, but cool. I’ll be “more honest” about what I post.

Anyway, so was Doug Jones son publicly out during the campaign? Moore never seemed to bring up his opponents gay son despite his extreme homophobic views. And during interviews his kid makes it sound like he’s been out for awhile now. 

Also apprently the song writer for the Harlem Shake is suing the fcc over the use of his song in Pai’s shitty video without his permission. Probably won’t lead to much, but it is satisfying to see this fucker taken down a peg.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/harlem-shake-fcc-chairman-ajit-pai_us_5a33d5e6e4b0ff955ad225e4

Baauer gave a statement to Billboard Dance about the use of his song without his permission, saying that it “obviously comes as a surprise to me as it was just brought to my attention.”

I want to be clear that it was used completely without my consent or council [sic]. My team and I are currently exploring every single avenue available to get it taken down. I support Net Neutrality like the vast majority of this country and am appalled to be associated with its repeal in anyway.”

the record label in association with the Harlem Shake song is also taking action.

Last bit of that quote isn’t supposed to be part of the quote 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/20/politics/republicans-tax-reform-democrats-obamacare/index.html

In typical GOP hypocrisy fashion, the GOP leadership is invoking a lot of the same talking points as Obamacare in defense of the tax bill, such as the idea people will love the bill once they feel its benefits.

This seems sound, given the about face of public opinion on Obamacare, but it ignores the different benefits schemes of the two plans. Obamacare's provisions to provide expanded, equal access to care regardless of age, pre-existing condition, dependent status, etc. have all become enormously popular, while the mandate requirement remains not so much.

In much the same way, the GOP tax bill might deliver some temporary popularity, but once it becomes apparent the tax cuts are not permanent, that might fade away.

Some have raised the points that it would be up to the Democrats to make it permanent. They most likely would make the tax cuts on the lower classes permanent, while rolling back those on the upper class.

The mandate is probably axed for good, though, considering how hard it was to get the original Obamacare bill passed. This means the next Democratic majority will have a strong interest in passing the public option, although it will be Hell mustering 60 votes unless there's a shift within the GOP. Given the more progressive stances on Obamacare that Governors like Kasich and Sandoval have, however, it is not impossible that the next Democratic President would have some moderate Republicans he could cut a deal for a Medicaid buy-in with.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/politics/government-shutdown-republicans-congress/index.html

Meanwhile, crisis in Congress. While Mitch McConnell is eager to keep his promise to Susan Collins in pushing for Obamacare subsidies, the House leadership is rejecting the idea out of hand.

If McConnell is not able to deliver on promises because of the fifth column in the House, he will lose a lot of his clout as leader.

Remember that the Hastert Rule in the House requires half the majority approve of something before it can be voted on. This means the Obamacare subsidy might die out of hand, and in turn prompt a government shutdown when Democrats do not agree to funding in response.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

the song writer for the Harlem Shake is suing the fcc over the use of his song in Pai’s shitty video without his permission. Probably won’t lead to much, but it is satisfying to see this fucker taken down a peg.

Ted Cruz had to settle for $55,000 after he used music without the artist's permission in some political ads.

While Pai is unlikely to be bankrupted, it's nice to see politicians get raked over the coals of copyright law for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/virginia-elections-board-to-pick-random-winner-in-tied-house/article_203dc6b1-0cb6-5027-bc22-10b4ebfad10d.html

Bad news from Virginia. One Republican ballot was counted, and the race that flipped by one vote is now a tie.

The winner will be decided by random lot.

...the loser can request a recount, starting the process all over again.

This will be a shitshow. It would be easier to just call another election for the district.

16 hours ago, KHCast said:

When this damages conservative voters, not sure this will be pleasing to them. Hopefully these wins don’t inspire more ridiculous harmful policies to get proposed. God knows how this is effecting republican ego

You honestly think conservative voters will blame the Republicans for this? The real shit is gonna hit in 2019 at the earliest and if the Dems are in control, they'll blame the Democrats because they are THAT fucking stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lord Basil (Ogilvie) said:

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/virginia-elections-board-to-pick-random-winner-in-tied-house/article_203dc6b1-0cb6-5027-bc22-10b4ebfad10d.html

Bad news from Virginia. One Republican ballot was counted, and the race that flipped by one vote is now a tie.

The winner will be decided by random lot.

...the loser can request a recount, starting the process all over again.

This will be a shitshow. It would be easier to just call another election for the district.

Never a dull moment in my state, I guess.

2 hours ago, PSI Wind said:

You honestly think conservative voters will blame the Republicans for this? The real shit is gonna hit in 2019 at the earliest and if the Dems are in control, they'll blame the Democrats because they are THAT fucking stupid.

I'd wager they'd find a way to blame Dems even if they didn't have control by then.

Well tbf there are a growing number of gop supporters that seem to be loosing faith in trump. Last time I heard, his popularity numbers were going down, not up. Especially with shit like the FCC’s decision being encouraged by him. But yeah I’m sure the louder conservative base will vehemently defend trump and blame anyone not gop on the political turmoil.