Awoo.

TecToy Resurrects Genesis/Mega Drive Carts

Yoko/葉子

http://www.seganerds.com/2016/12/09/tectoys-ceo-confirms-new-genesis-carts-will-be-produced-possible-other-products/

According to the article, not only is TecToy making a new Genesis, but if it does well enough, we might even get a new Master System. They are even trying to get licenses to bring old carts from our glory days back into print.

I'm personally, very happy about this. How about y'all?

• Thumbs Up 5

This IS exciting!

I wouldn't mind a few of these myself but if it's anything like their new Mega Drive console it's going to be quite an import job.

This is actually a really good idea if TecToy can match the quality of the original Mega Drive cartridges.

I know that it can be done because I have one of the reprint cartridges of Pier Solar, which is a brand new RPG that works perfectly with my 20 year old Mega Drive. So, if a small Indy developer can successfully manufacture authentic Mega Drive cartridges I'm sure that a major company like TecToy can do the same.

Honestly, it's quite a feeling being able to open a new Mega Drive game and play it for the first time in the 21st century. TecToy could make a lot of money here if they get this right.

• Thumbs Up 3