Awoo.

Sonic Heroes Fails to Start On Windows 10

MusikCat

Hey there guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that I am facing running the PC version of Sonic Heroes on my new laptop running the 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home. Either running the game's launcher first or the game directly by executing Tsonic_win.exe will results in the game failing to start, while receiving no kind of error messages at all. I did notice when viewing the processes running in Task Manager that Tsonic_win.exe runs for literally one second and then disappears. I have tried different compatibility settings, like running in either Windows 98/ME or Windows XP/7 mode, but nothing makes any difference. I don't understand what could be the problem, so if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! ^_^

Hmm, the good news I can give you is that Sonic Heroes definitely can run on Windows 10, I know because I've got it installed on my machine (and looking super lovely with the widescreen hack!).

I can't honestly say I remember having any issues with getting the game to run. Sometimes the classic 'Run As Administrator' encourages apps to stay open when they keep shutting themselves off so maybe try that.

I already tried that, as without running the game as an administrator, I would get an error saying:
"Please login with administrative privileges and try again"

Are there any kind of patches that could fix the startup glitch, or no?

EDIT: I did try re-installing the game "Full" instead of "Minimum" like I did last time and also tried running the game's executable from the disc as an administrator. Nothing has fixed my problem... :(

Edited by MusikCat

There's really not a lot to go on from what you're describing. For me (on Windows 10 x64 with the same widescreen hack) the game runs straight and flawlessly with no compatibility or admin requirements, so the only guess I can make based on what you've said is that maybe your antivirus doesn't recognize the game and is killing it automatically.

That's an idea to try. I didn't think that my anti-virus and/or anti-malware could be conflicting with the game, because neither AVG nor Malwarebytes alert me that a program they deem malicious is trying to run. Let me try adding exceptions for the game in both programs...

EDIT: I found out that it wasn't my anti-virus or anti-malware applications causing the problem, it was that I needed the widescreen patch applied to the game. Now Sonic Heroes seems to be running. Thanks for helping me out Joy and Tornado! :D

Edited by MusikCat
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is why I'm glad I still have my GameCube. And the damn thing was tossed off a three story building by psycho brother . . . AND SURVIVED!!! Game intact and all!

Yeah, it worked for me while running under "Windows" 10" prior to me downgrading OS. I don't know why people are having troubles (I'm not trying to be egotistical I'm curious).