Awoo.

Christmas 2016 (How's Your Christmas/Christmas Haul topic)

Ryannumber1gamer

Christmas is Upon Us

Well, since I made the topic last year, and we are now officially less then 48 hours away from Christmas Day, I think it's only right to get a topic up for it! As with last year, you can discuss what you've all gotten on Christmas this year, how your Christmas has been in general, Christmas stories, specials etc etc. Anything you really want as long as it relates to the holiday season. 

To start off, I guess I'll talk about some of things I've been doing for Christmas, on SSMB at least. One of the funnest things for me was last night where me and a ton of SSMB members watched Christmas specials. Not only had I not seen a good number of them in years (Including the animated Grinch, I know) and even creating a new meme thanks to Nightwing in his Robin days. Other than that, On top of that, thanks to the Nostalgia Critic, I got introduced into some really funny Christmas ads, including the Iron Bru one above. 

As I said last year, while Christmas is in a few days, it's good to get this topic up a little early so it's up and ready for other people to get their hauls up on SSMB, discuss what they are getting, and how Christmas is going for everyone in general. As with last year, I wish all of you a very merry Christmas, and happy holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas :).

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably gonna be the worst Christmas for me. My mom and sisters are still in Iowa, trying to finish the house as fast as possible, but they aren't gonna make it. I don't want to spend it without them, so we won't be opening any presents until they get here.

Honestly the presents are the least of my concern. I just want my family together again.

On a lighter note, I know what some of my presents are and they're all fun games, so when they do get here I'll have lots of new games to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to guide my parents through ordering my main Christmas present, and they've already specified what they have and haven't managed to get from what I've said I'd like. 

Yeah, Christmas is weird since I'm the only one in the house who doesn't have Christmas surprises for most stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna be a bunch of surprises of the presents I'll get (except one, I know what one of them is, hoping to open it first honestly). I'm just looking forward to spending more time with the family. Though, as for Christmas Eve, it's pretty darn busy. My dad is getting calls all over the place!

• Thumbs Up 2

No real presents for me, my parents had to pay for my plane back home in my country and that's enough. As for myself, i'll have to decide; who knows, if my paycheck arrives at the end of the month, i may end up getting a PS4 in Januray, but it's still all up in the air.

However, it's a slightly more hearthwarming Christmas than the last one, maybe because my family can stay united and happy for one day after a lot of time were we pretty much scattered. Wich in turn, connects to my phylosophy of Christmas itself: reguardless of religion and consumism, it's still an occasion for people to stop for a day and spend some time relaxing and loving with those who are dear to them.

I just wish this year wouldn't have been so bleak with an ominous shadow covering the future; it's like being at the center of a tornado.

• Thumbs Up 2

Already had my Christmas at my dad's place, none of us could wait.

Got a PS4 with Overwatch! And I got these "miniature construction" sets. They can be used to look at, or used in games. Long story short, they're fucking cool.

I await my mum's presents, which are actually going to be opened on Christmas Day.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I've constantly keep getting distracted by real life things that I almost forget that Christmas is around the corner. However, I'm still looking forward to see what presents I got. I think I might have an idea what I got but at the same time I don't really know but we'll have to wait and see.

I've pretty much already have opened the presents I gave to myself. XD What can I say, after a long semester I didn't feel like waiting a couple more days.
Still looking very much forward to exchanging gifts with the rest of my family on Christmas.

I got myself a fancy new G-sync monitor along with this little beauty:

IMG_1306.jpg

yee

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys! Its 2 hours until Christmas here so I decided to let you know what I got.

• Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
  • Pokemon Moon (3DS)
  • 50$ for PS Store
  • A lot of chocolate

Happy holidays and merry Christmas to you all.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I've already had my Christmas Party today and I have to say, this year was a really fantastic Christmas. My Sister and her husband couldn't stay for very long, so it was fairly short, but it was perfect. It was relaxing, peaceful and fun which is just how I love it. I love spending time with my family and just relaxing and enjoying their presence more than anything. Also, amazing food. It was really excessive, but we finish it all the next day. We have a tradition where I make the same desert every year, which is my dulce de leche trifle. This is about the only thing I can make that tastes really nice.

Spoiler

DSC_0149.jpg

There was also handmade carrot juice. Not my mothers greatest Christmas feast (although still great), but she was trying to be more English this year. The Turkey isn't burnt BTW. 

DSC_0153.jpg

It has 7 layers, not including the macarons. It looks nicer in real life. It was really good this year. 

As for why there are only 5 plates, and no mention of other family, that's because I have absolutely no external family in the UK. 

As for what I got, there was the computer I got last month from my Mother and Father, which is seriously so awesome (it's this one). My Brother in Law got me the surprise gift of Pokemon Sun, and my Sister gave me £100. My Father and Mother gave me another present, which was a white jumper I really needed, and a new bag, since my old one isn't holding up too well anymore. I feel like a money sink.  

I really appreciate every single gift I got, and I love them all. I feel really guilty about it (oh god it's so excessive, I'd be more than happy with just the computer!), but I am really grateful for my family for doing this for me. I decided I'll just accept it and try to do something special for them when I can. I'm happy my family enjoyed and appreciated all the gifts I gave out. It was a wonderful and pleasant time. 

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you have a wonderful time!

• Thumbs Up 7

bseGQx2.jpg

our apartment complex was having a decorating contest so my family and i decided to join in. of course, the one with the lights is ours and the green lights move, it is a projector :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Well my dad went ham with the chrissy lights. It actually looks quite nice.

I got some clothes, a set of fabric pens, a christmas chocolate house mold, a sketchbook and some money. All in all a good christmas haul so far! Oh and a IRL mate of mine got me some Ferrero Rocher chocolates and Failinhearts drew me a cute little picture of Ray!

• Thumbs Up 3

This year there's been a setback in one of the areas I wanted due to economic circumstances; with GE Animation stopping their shipping to the UK and any plushes being marked up on Amazon, Sonic plushes have unfortunately fallen by the wayside. They told me upfront, but since I already had first hand experience of this while getting the Charmy plush I knew there'd be issues. 

Still a nice little haul from what I've got so far, considering there's still stuff downstairs to open;

-Skylanders Imaginators PS4 starter pack with Crash and Cortex.

-Four Master Senseis (Chop-Scotch, Ambush, Dr Krankcase and Tae Kwon Crow)

-A couple of stray Skylander figures parents ha hidden away from previous years (I had Rattle Shake, although Storm Blade is new).

-Super Mario 3D World (I already have it, but yeah).

-Guiness Games Records 2017 (I already have this too, but that's one my parents wouldn't be privy to).

-A Sonic Boom DVD with 13 episodes on it (They don't really know my relationship with the Sonic Boom sub-branch)

-A Skylanders 2017 calendar

-A bunch of chocolate and sweets.

So yeah, still have more to go, but after that I'm gonna spend the day chilling out, eating some food while...watching stuff on Youtube and maybe listening to the Muppets Christmas Carol soundtrack. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you all got good stuff!

As for me personally, I got...

-Batman Arkham Origins Figure Set (Super detailed display figures of Batman, Deathstroke, Joker, and Black Mask :D )

-Sonic Boom Fire and Ice (3DS)

-Nintendo Selects: Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)

-Paper Mario Color Splash (Wii U)

-Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

-Dead Island Definitive Edition (PS4)

-Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4) 

-Mighty No 9 (PS4)

-Skyrim Remastered (PS4) 

-TMNT The IDW Collection Volume 3 (Which has my favourite storyline City Fall!) 

-Batman Knightfall Volume 1 (I've been really wanting to read this storyline)

• Thumbs Up 1

So me and my family started unwrapping our presents 2 1/2 hours ago, we just finished...

Here's my haul

15697066_1503220836355558_105525192_o.jp

• Lego Palace Cinema
  • Vinyl Record Case
  • Enema of the State and GotG Awesome Mix 1 vinyls
  • Boba Fett Build-a-Bear
  • Record Player
  • Maps of the Disney Parks
  • 2 selection boxes
  • 2 tins of chocolate
  • 3 x LEGO Dimensions sets. Portal, Superman and Harry Potter/Voldemort.
  • Director Krennic Pop Funko figure
  • Director Krennic Black Series figure.
  • Beard Grooming Kit
  • The Iron Giant (Blu-Ray)
  • L)VE (Blu-Ray)
  • Grapefruit and Ginger scented candle
  • Thumbs Up 2

I got my presents from my mum, grandparents and my aunt and uncle now.

Yeah, sure, some money... Gift cards...

WHOA, HEY, BIG 4K TV?! For me and my sister, but dang, can't say I expected that.

So I got a PS4, with Overwatch, and now with Ratchet & Clank that I bought for myself. I got a 4K TV. I got these construction sets (Australian made, don't expect you all to know them, but it's called Miniature Scenery), and money and gift cards.

Not as big a haul as the rest of you, but I'm happy and content.

...Oh, and fitness watches. Which I said several times that I did not want, but my mum got it anyway, it's a long story.

• Thumbs Up 2

2v6k9Ga.jpg

• Star Wars Bloodline
  • One Piece Party Vol. 1
  • Splinter Cell (Xbox)
  • Onimusha 2 (PS2)
  • Ratchet & Clank 3 (PS2)
  • Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS2)

Some old games, but so far they've all been fun. I've been wanting these games for a while.

Looking at Bloodline makes me kinda sad, what with Carrie Fisher's heart attack a couple days ago :( It's a good book so far, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, my haul this year:

• A professional gaming mouse
  • A new mousepad
  • A light-up keyboard
  • A new chair
  • Titanfall 2 for PC
  • LEGO Dimensions Sonic and Adventure Time packs

Yeah, quite the bunch.

• Thumbs Up 2

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :D!

...Well okay actually I was supposed to deposit a check with the cash that was supposed to be my Christmas money, but I got lazy and didn't bother yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since my picture is evidently too large upload:

- The Fire Emblem Awakening art book 

- Spice and Wolf Light Novel vol. 6

- iPad Air 2 (I'm especially grateful for this since my poor iPad 3 has been struggling for a while)

- New jacket

- A bunch of letters from family members

I'm satisfied.

Didn't really get much this christmas, just some clothes and a copy of Ratchet and Clank for the PS4... in fact, I got two copies of it.

u6cDMjP.jpg

Apparently, one copy was from my grandmother and she didn't know that my uncle had already gotten me a copy of it, so this ended up happening, lol.

Overall, a alright Christmas. I didn't really want much, so I'm pretty satisfied with what I got, especially since it was a lot more stuff than I expected.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well it's finally time and I got a few things:

- Playstation 4 Slim

- Ratchet & Clank for PS4

- Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 1 Complete on Blu Ray

- Micron Ink Pens

Overall, it was a neat little Christmas haul.

Aside from a lot of eatable goods, presents have been more than nice.  Got a few Hot Wheels, which is always welcome, a Pokémon TCG theme deck, the Greninja action figure, a classic car book, a mini Robosapien, 2001: A Space Odyssey (at last!) and (as a sharing gift for me and my siblings) Super Mario 3D World.  Not at all a disappointment.