Awoo.

Multiple Sonic & Sega 2016 Style Guides discovered

Badnik Mechanic

One interesting thing to note, one of the images uses an Archie Sonic cover of Robotnik's old SatAM design.

latest?cb=20090328095650

• Thumbs Up 6

37 minutes ago, Ryannnumber1gamer said:

One interesting thing to note, one of the images uses an Archie Sonic cover of Robotnik's old SatAM design.

latest?cb=20090328095650

All of the art on those two pages are from old Archie Sonic covers.

Gotta say, I'd buy some of that Boom merch. I like the designs on those, and I'm sure at least a few kids would want to buy T-shirts with that stuff on 'em.

A few of those obscure-ish Classic Sonic arts had been used in Sonic's Twitter this year, coincidentally, including:

styleguide2.png

The one used as Mania's official art.

seasonalsonicstyleguide2.png

These are really cool, would love on a t-shirt.

boomvectorstyleguide3.png

And I'm all over 2D Boom!Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Eggman artwork with his arms crossed I've never seen before - perhaps it might be artwork created for Mania?

*Sigh* What could had been.

It's crazy to see how Sega really wanted Sonic Boom to become this Mega Smash Hit. It's just too bad Rise of Lyric's failure and Cartoon Network's currently large fetish for Teen Titans Go smashed all chances of that happening. Also some of those T-Shrit designs do look cool, (The glitch and the surfing themes especially.) Maybe we'll see them in 2017 perhaps?

Alot of these items actually look pretty cool. The 2D art of the Boom characters looks pretty dope as well as the classic sonic t-shirts. Too bad alot of this stuff wasn't planned out. Maybe next time?