Awoo.

Rumored Sonic Launch Title for Switch?

SpongicX

There is no way this is going to be any kind of Rise of Lyric port/fixed/enhanced/snake edition.

But I almost hope it will be just to see the reaction.

I'd guess it's either Mania or a mistake on the part of the store. There being another Sonic game far enough along in development for stores to know about it is too much of a stretch to buy into without better proof than this.

C1wHOtkXEAIApSc.jpg

I could see em do something small like this. Would be a good way to promote Mania, and explain why we hadn't heard anything; it wouldn't need much hype since it was just a compilation. 

...or y'know. Just an error. Mania feels unlikely (maybe later but surely not launch) considering the likely devkit situation, and a Boom port is just ahahahahahah

Adjust yer expectations folks. Let's not have another "SEGA might be announcing Sonic 4 Ep3- oh it's 3D Classics Collection" moment, hilarious as that was.

• Thumbs Up 3

46 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

C1wHOtkXEAIApSc.jpg

I could see em do something small like this. Would be a good way to promote Mania, and explain why we hadn't heard anything; it wouldn't need much hype since it was just a compilation. 

...or y'know. Just an error. Mania feels unlikely (maybe later but surely not launch) considering the likely devkit situation, and a Boom port is just ahahahahahah

Adjust yer expectations folks. Let's not have another "SEGA might be announcing Sonic 4 Ep3- oh it's 3D Classics Collection" moment, hilarious as that was.

Weird that they just haven't gone ALL OUT on a Sonic collection since Mega or Gems collection. Pretty sure Ultimate Genesis Collection didn't have ALL the Genesis/Mega Drive Sonic games did it? Still, Mega and Gems has more to offer aside (well, Mega was squarely Genesis IIRC). So even if that mock-up was reality, it's a far cry from the quantity of Mega and Gems.

Something like:

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis), Flicky, Sonic CD, AND maybe Knuckles Chaotix finally would be fantastic. Even better if they added Sonic R (the Gems GC version), Sonic the Fighters, and somehow got SegaSonic in there as well, AND maybe the Game Gear and Master System games, that'd be HUGE!

I always thought a Wii all-in-one of Mega and Gems would've been huge. Would've allowed all of those to be playable on Wii U via BC as well.

The VC was likely why they mostly stopped the mass collections sadly. :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Collections of old games seem less necessary these days when they can be rereleased digitally.

12 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

You say that but we got this 

sega-reprint-archives-2-750x642.jpg

I know, I was referring to specifically Sonic collections. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo sure didn't have much luck getting any Sonic re-releases last generation aside from the collections above and some gamegear games. ( and I guess Sonic Advance in Japan but nowhere else for some reason ), so I'd love a collection for the Switch. Ideally, containing all the updated versions that Taxman had worked on, but I'd take anything at this point. Just so long as they don't omit Sonic 3 again.