Awoo.

Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)

Meta77

tumblr_ot1hm0lYpu1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

It appears that there are now two ways to enter Splatfest Battles: Solo & Team. Solo mode works like Splatfest in the original Splatoon game; you’ll automatically match with three other players and battle against groups of four random players from the opposing team.

Team mode requires four players (must be friends with someone from the same team who is in the Lobby) to join a private lobby before being matched up against another team of four.

The final result will be determined by popularity, Solo Win percentage, and Team Win percentage.

Let's see how this changes up the results.

Even more US Tumblr Updates clarifying things revealed in the Splatoon 2 Nintendo Direct and some new Official Art

tumblr_ot3bj4MGHv1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Are you a cake connoisseur or an ice cream aficionado? Which sweet treat will you side with in the battle for dessert dominance? The Squid Research Lab team remains divided. Battle it out tomorrow from 3pm-7pm PT in the Splatoon 2: Splatfest World Premiere demo event.

To join, download the free Splatoon 2: Splatfest World Premiere demo from Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch system. Then choose your team, and launch the demo on Saturday, 7/15 from 3pm-7pm PT! More details here:

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/news-video/join-the-splatfest-world-premiere-demo/ 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4306/35088663034_ff212280bd_b.jpg35088663034_ff212280bd_b.jpg

Is that…Annie? It seems like she’s taken up a new digital storefront. You can order gear here, and then visit Murch to pick it up. He accepts cash on delivery! It looks like the gear available in the SplatNet Gear Shop can have a different main ability attached than those purchased at the Galleria in Inkopolis.

tumblr_ot28jourFN1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

This is a special Gear Ability that can only be attained on a Splatfest Tee. It doubles the effect of other abilities.

tumblr_ot28slexdD1u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_ot28slexdD1u3akyno2_540.jpg

The Dapple Dualies are dualie-type weapons that have been engineered for optimum mobility. They’re lighter than standard Splat Dualies, allowing for faster movement, but they have less range. It’s a trade-off. Utilize the increased mobility to set Squid Beakons around the map, and call your teammates to the front lines! And use the Suction-Bomb Launcher to further expand your team’s territory. Sheldon recommends this set for players who want to swiftly splat their opponents and support their team.

tumblr_ot2b6ujZT41u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_ot2b6ujZT41u3akyno2_540.jpg

You know how blasters tend to have a low rate of fire? Not the Clash Blaster! Its speedy shots are great for keeping foes at bay! Damage output has been decreased to allow improved rapid fire, but Splat Bombs can help you take it to your foes in a major way. Opponents keeping their distance? Reach out and boop ‘em with the Sting Ray! This set is for players that like causing chaos on the front lines.

tumblr_ot2czxkqo21u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_ot2czxkqo21u3akyno2_540.jpg

Baller! Yes, this is a new special weapon called the Baller! Roll around the stage in an oversized hamster ball that protects you from a certain amount of damage. If you hold down ZR, the ball will fill with ink, eventually causing an explosion on the spot.

tumblr_ot2e66qqOr1u3akyno2_540.jpg

tumblr_ot2e66qqOr1u3akyno1_540.jpg

Now this right here is Flow. You’ll find her working at Headspace, Inkopolis’s spot for hats and helmets. From the way she talks, she might seem a bit loopy, but that’s just part of her mysterious vibe. Word has it she’s a bit older than most of her Inkling customers, and teasing them is one of her favorite pastimes. The little guy who lives among her tendrils is her erstwhile companion, Craymond, an unhinged emperor shrimp who’s always got her back.

tumblr_ot3f1jW7Mp1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

These lovely ladies are the rising stars who’ve been burning up the Inkling music charts, Off the Hook! First you’ve got Pearl, the cute and sassy MC with a talent for spitting fire lyrics.Then you’ve got Marina, the dazzling DJ genius rocking beats on the wheels of steel. Fans love them for their unique, futuristic sound, but they’re also making quite the name for themselves as the new broadcasters of Inkopolis News!

tumblr_ot3gpv3e6p1u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_ot3gpv3e6p1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_ot3gpv3e6p1u3akyno3_400.jpg

We’re proud to reveal our findings on the Goo Tuber, a charger with the upgraded ability to store your charge even longer. Intel from Sheldon is that it offers high-pressure ink storage for extended periods, allowing you to stay submerged while you wait for the perfect shot! In exchange, it takes a bit longer to charge, but you can push your foes back with the Suction Bombs sub. You can stay on the move with one in the chamber, and when the enemy decides to close in, make ‘em pay with a Splashdown surprise!

tumblr_ot3rviZSMt1u3akyno2_540.jpg

tumblr_ot3rviZSMt1u3akyno1_540.jpg

Hey, it’s Bisk the spider crab! He’s also the proud proprietor of Inkopolis Square’s premier shoe shop, Shella Fresh. His many long limbs welcome customers one and all, and he exudes the type of laid-back cool you just can’t teach.

tumblr_ot3tujp1Pc1u3akyno1_540.jpg

tumblr_ot3tujp1Pc1u3akyno2_540.jpg

This Jellyfish gentleman goes by the name Jelfonzo, and he runs Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe. And check out his origin story: one day he just split off of Jelonzo in Inkopolis Plaza, and there he was! I think that makes him Jelonzo’s son? He apparently learned to speak Inkling from an ancient text of some sort, so his speech sounds a bit outdated (to say the least). But don’t let that fool you. When it comes to fashion, this dapper dude is always up on the hottest trends.

tumblr_ot3ukozRBt1u3akyno1_540.jpg

tumblr_ot3ukozRBt1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_ot3ukozRBt1u3akyno3_400.jpgtumblr_ot3ukozRBt1u3akyno4_540.jpg

New weapons are in development. Say hello to the Brella! Much like an Umbrella, it offers both beauty and functionality. Press and hold the ZR button to open it up and block enemy attacks. If you continue to hold down the button…you can even launch it forward! Of course, once launched, you won’t be able to open it for a while, so use it wisely.

It appears this weapon type will be ready for Turf War battles in an update after the game launches.

Results of the Cake VS Ice Cream Splatfest:

• Popularity: 24% < 76% = 1 Point for Team Ice Cream
  • Solo Wins: 49% < 51% = 1 Point for Team Ice Cream
  • Team Wins: 53% > 47% = 1 Point for Team Cake
  • Final Results: 1 < 2 = Team Ice Cream Wins!

Pearl: Noooooooooooo!

Marina: I scream! AHHHHHHHHH! Well, I guess that settles it. Ice cream is officially better than cake.

Pearl: Well, I don't know if it's "officially" better...

Marina: Actually, according to chapter 3, paragraph 5 of the Splatfest rules, it is. Ice Cream is now legally better than cake. It's the law, Pearl.

Pearl: *Rasberries*

Marina: Way to keep cool, Team Cream. I hope everyone had fun!

I made the difficult decision of choosing cake over I've cream, even though that meant siding with the forehead Pearl. I lost with dignity. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I made the difficult decision of choosing cake over I've cream, even though that meant siding with the forehead Pearl. I lost with dignity. 

I was cake as well, and got reminded why I'm passing on splatoon 2... for now at least 

Most of the Voters on Team Cake were really good and managed to defeat me and my team in matches during both 2 hour blocks. Even in my last match we lost against Team Cake and cost me getting to the Ice Cream King Splatfest Rank.

Also, technically although Marina & Ice Cream Won the first English Splatfest, Pearl and Rock Music won the Japanese Splatfest.

Splatoon is getting an anime

Also, Splatoon 2 was datamined so be careful of spoilers...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

It's not. It comes out on Friday. 

Huh, then I guess the video description made a mistake by saying it's out now. 

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Double-post; the final boss and ending have been leaked. 

And what a boss. Little posses certain people  get early copies.  it I'll give a few days before talking about it

tumblr_otezsacmR61u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Salmon Run is a mysterious part-time job that Grizzco Industries offers when hordes of Salmonids approach Inkling waters. We’ve received word that for the first three days after the launch of Splatoon 2 on Friday, July 21st, a MASSIVE number of Salmonids will be migrating toward Inkopolis. This means that the frequency of Grizzco’s part-time job offers will be increased. But keep in mind that you need to be at least at level 4 to take part in these part-time jobs. Don’t miss this chance to try out Salmon Run!

First official Splatfest announced!

...I don't know which side I'm choosing...

Ugggh, I wish the US had gotten the Splatoon 2/Switch bundle. Would have been the perfect way for me to begin my Switch collection. Guess I'll just have to buy 'em separately like some kinda caveman.

SOME KINDA CAVEMAN.

On 7/23/2017 at 2:10 PM, PC the Hedgehog said:

Ugggh, I wish the US had gotten the Splatoon 2/Switch bundle. Would have been the perfect way for me to begin my Switch collection. Guess I'll just have to buy 'em separately like some kinda caveman.

SOME KINDA CAVEMAN.

Like I get why they haven't done it- why give away a game when people are buying the console as fast as you cna make it already but HOT DAMN if I wouldn't have loved to get Splatoon 2 and the Pink/Green joycons. 

Anyway, this game is really good! I've been mainly messing around with the Splattershot and the Dualies while I get the hang of playing and I'm having a lot of fun. It's SO satisfying when you splat people due to the awesome taktaktak POP! sound effect/visual design and the core gameplay of hiding and ambushing is still solid as can be.

It's interesting seeing how the returning maps have changed. The extra routes on Moray Towers make it feel a lot different for example as you can kinda sneak into the other team's side more without having to fight so hard through the middle. 

I will probably post my squiddie when I get some clothes I like. The hairstyles this time around almost had me playing a boy (big deal for me tbh) but I ended up picking the girl again because she's cuter. It's amusing to see people with names like "BIG DAVEY BOY" playing as the cute bob squid girl tho

• Thumbs Up 1

You know Japan sometimes sells joycons on their own. I picked a girl inkling tosses adoable
. When she losses online lol

Recently there was an update for Splatoon 2

Version 1.1.2

• An occasionally occurring issue allowed players to receive gear from the SplatNet Gear Shop with an unintended combination of gear abilities. The combination of abilities for this type of gear has been changed to match those of gear available for purchase in the Inkopolis Square shops. 
  • Fixed an issue that prevented ranking information from displaying properly when viewing “Past Records” for League Battle.
  • Adjusted the number of points required to fill the special gauge for the following weapons:
    Weapon Before ⇒ After
    Splat Dualies 180⇒170
    Hero Dualie Replicas 180⇒170
    Enperry Splat Dualies 180⇒170
    Tentatek Splattershot 190⇒210
    N-ZAP '85 180⇒200
    .96 Gal 180⇒210
    Slosher 180⇒190
    Hero Slosher Replica 180⇒190
    Tri-Slosher 180⇒210
    Mini Splatling 180⇒190

Mayo VS Ketchup Splatfest Reminder

tumblr_ott6tqnfl61u3akyno1_540.jpg

The next Splatfest is coming soon, and the theme is a clash of condiments: Mayonnaise vs. Ketchup. 

The Splatfest event times are: 

• 8/4 (Fri) 9:00 p.m. PT – 8/5 (Sat) 9:00 p.m. PT
  • 8/5 (Sat) 12:00 a.m. ET – 8/6 (Sun) 12:00 a.m. ET

As a reminder, at the end of the event, the winning side will be determined by Popularity, Solo Win percentage, and Team Win percentage. And this Splatfest theme will be shared globally, though results will be tallied and shared region by region.

Don’t forget you can team up with friends in Splatfest, though Team Mode is a little different from what you may be used to. This mode requires four players (must be friends with someone from the same team who is in the Lobby) to join a private lobby before being matched up against another team of four. 

But will players choose mayo or ketchup? Only you can decide! And if you can’t wait to show your support, you can go into the game later tonight to pick your team and/or submit some mayo or ketchup centric drawings. We do enjoy tuna fish sandwiches and potato salad here in the lab, but we’d also be lying if we said we didn’t have a few bottles of spicy ketchup in the fridge. Decisions, decisions..

New Dualies Coming Tonight

tumblr_ott9zk88X71u3akyno1_540.jpgtumblr_ott9zk88X71u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_ott9zk88X71u3akyno3_400.jpg

Say hello to the Dualie Squelchers! Tonight at 7 PM PT, these puppies will be in stock at Ammo Knights. This weapon appeared as the shooter-type Jet Squelcher in the original game, but it’s been reborn as a Dualies-type weapon in Splatoon 2. 

Its iconic longish-range and rapid fire return with the added dodge roll ability. It comes with a Point Sensor sub and Tenta Missiles special. We even noticed that while shooting from a crouch right after rolling, both Squelchers are temporarily merged - fascinating! Sheldon recommends this kit for nimble fighters that want to support their team and be a real nuisance to opponents. 

tumblr_otz2wqWvWH1u3akyno3_540.jpgtumblr_otz2wqWvWH1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_otz2wqWvWH1u3akyno1_400.jpg

Breaking News! A special stage called Shifty Station will be added to the rotation during Splatfests! It appears to be exclusive to Splatfest battles, and apparently the stage design can even change from Splatfest to Splatfest.

DGhnVijW0AAg62u.jpg

DGhnV1NW0AEwOoE.jpg

Here are the Results of the Mayo VS Ketchup Splatfest:

• Popularity: 27% < 73% = 1 Point for Team Ketchup
  • Solo Wins: 52% > 48% = 1 Point for Team Mayo
  • Team Wins: 51% > 49% = 1 Point for Team Mayo
  • Final Results: 2 >  = Team Mayo Wins

Pearl: AYO! IT'S MAYO!

Marina: Ugh...

Pearl: It's mayo all day, yo! They know we don't play, yo! Best stay out of my Headspace 'cause I'm comin' with that Cray Flow!

Marina: Wow. A rap song about mayonnaise. I'm sure that'll tear up the charts.

Pearl: Shout out to Team Mayo! We did it, y'all!