Awoo.

Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)

Meta77

A fun spin would be to have Pearl on team Octoling and Marina on team Inkling, rooting for their best friend to win rather than themselves. Still, this should be a fun Splatfest to see play out. I'm not sure which side I'll pick yet.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

A fun spin would be to have Pearl on team Inkling and Marina on team Octoling, rooting for their best friend to win rather than themselves. Still, this be a fun Splatfest to see play out. I'm not sure which side I'll pick yet.

That's... I'm not sure you said what you meant to say there. 

Are they "officially" supporting their own races but unofficially cheering for the other?  Or did you mean for each of them to actually be on the team of the other's race?

4 hours ago, G-Force said:

That's... I'm not sure you said what you meant to say there. 

Are they "officially" supporting their own races but unofficially cheering for the other?  Or did you mean for each of them to actually be on the team of the other's race?

Whoops. Fixed.

I'm just saying that if they don't want to go down the same route they did with Callie and Marie in the first game, they could opt for a different approach. Pearl rooting for welcoming Octlings into their society, and Marina in support of the Inklings for whatever reason too. There's nothing wrong with playing it straight either, as it appear they're doing, but the twist would help it to remain civil.

So the Pearl & Marina Amiibo are more than just a Sound Test, like Callie & Marie.

• Way Past Cool 1

I'm totally getting these when they are out. No question. I have release date marked on my calendar and I am ready to add them to my collection.

lol it's already been datamined and turned into fuel for a "Marina's boobs are evil" twitter war

also, dunno if I talked about it here but Octo expansion is legit and totally worth the money, even if the secret boss is psychotic.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

lol it's already been datamined and turned into fuel for a "Marina's boobs are evil" twitter war

How does it look on the Male Inkling/Octolings?

1 hour ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Of course people are finding a reason to hate the gear in some way. If I could be honest. It's still a conservative increase considering. If people want to bitch about huge breast sizes on Splatoon characters, then they may as well look at all the NSFW fan art of Marina on e621. Nintendo wouldn't purposely do anything too adult for something centered around fun for kids. Besides, the younger part of the audience will not even notice the breast size increase anyway. It's actually pretty subtle at first glance. You'll have to really look to even notice it. And even then, it's barely noticeable.

It doesn't give the boys moobs, no. And yeah, it's just offense at nothing for attention most likely. I think in datamining groups it's commonplace to want attention due to having information on updates and such before everyone else, and stupid fake controversies are an easy way to get it.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_pc4qjySAs81u3akyno1_1280.jpg

It’s an inky 1-year anniversary! Tomorrow marks one whole year of Splatoon 2, so get celebrating tonight and tomorrow by participating in the Splatfest! Whether you’re Team Squid or Team Octopus, thanks for playing Splatoon 2!

tumblr_pc69s0OHc31u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Heads up Inklings! There’s some new amiibo joining the ink-splatting action… This 3-pack, featuring Octoling Boy, Octoling Girl, and Octoling Octopus will be available on 12/7.

We also have some new weapons and a returning stage coming soon.

tumblr_inline_pbq87vHW5M1t4m0j9_1280.png

The Nautilus 47 is a new Splatling-type weapon. For the first time in the Splatling category, this weapon allows you to store your charge. Its subdued tin texture and various functions will surely tickle the heart of weapon fanatics.

tumblr_inline_pbq8b1za6u1t4m0j9_1280.png

The Bloblobber is a new Slosher-type weapon. We heard that after the blob law was passed, the Bloblobber was created to lob lawful blob bombs. Four blobs are emitted with each fling, and flow forward and rebound off the ground and walls. Carefully drive your opponents into a corner and throw the blobs for a tactical splat!

tumblr_inline_pbq8liUJ6V1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pbq8luNp9H1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Last but not least, Ancho-V Games will soon be making its return as a battle stage. The setting is inside the offices of the developers of the hit-game “Squid Beatz 2”.
Due to an increase in employees and outgrowing their office space, they just renovated a building next door to expand. But for now it seems like it’s being used as a place to battle. Don’t mind the mess!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

December for the 3-pack? Damn. They really are going to make us wait for that one. The new weapons are looking rather interesting too. The new splatling gun in particular has my interest. Being able to hold a charge is something that is vital for combat and with the splatling type weapons, this will be a welcome addition for dedicated splatling users.

56 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

The results are in!

tumblr_pca0f2dD9t1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Team Squids WIN!

Pearl: BUH-BUH-BUH-BOOYAH!

Marina: ...

Pearl: Squidkids be the best! Ten limbs never stressed! AYYY!

Marina: Good effort, Team Octopus! I'm proud of you.

Pearl: Hard to believe we've been doin' this for a year already.

Marina: Yeah, we've come a long way.

Pearl: Big thanks to all the fans who make this possible. We love ya!

• 2 weeks later...

New weapons and a returning stage for August! :)

tumblr_inline_pcpb7bqsmF1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Greetings, fellow researchers! It’s time for your monthly update that happens every…uh, month. Yes, that sounds right! The below stage and weapons will release tomorrow evening, July 31, @ 5pm PT.

tumblr_inline_pcpb80kXxa1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pcpb81bNfQ1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Ancho-V Games (the hit developers of the addictive Squid Beatz 2) have opened up their office space once again! Inklings and Octolings should be on the lookout for a few renovations to this important location. Hopefully using their office like this won’t delay future development of their games, but it seems like a risk they’re willing to take! 

Inspired by a bathtub, the Bloblobber lobs lawful blob bombs (hardly a way to make anyone clean in our opinion). It comes with the Splash Wall to provide cover from enemy attacks and the Ink Storm special to support your teammates.

tumblr_inline_pcpbauUzWo1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Splatling fans take note! The Nautilus 47 is the first Splatling that allows you to store your charge while swimming in ink. You can bet your tentacles that sneaky players will use this to great effect. Rounding out the kit is the Point Sensor to help spot opponents, and the Baller special that rolls deep…into enemy territory.

tumblr_inline_pcpbbuiV9M1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

The Light Tetra Dualies are beauties with the same specs as the Dark Tetra Dualies but also come with Sprinklers, (for automatic turf inkage) and the Autobomb Launcher (which is always nice to push forward with).

tumblr_inline_pcpbdxS7441t4m0j9_1280.jpg

The Custom Hydra Splatling has the same destructive force as the original, so be careful! This kit is all about defense: Ink Mines and Ink Armor are a potent defensive combination.

Also, here are the maps for Ranked Battle for August:

tumblr_pcqr8dBByF1u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_pcqr8dBByF1u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_pcqr8dBByF1u3akyno3_1280.jpgtumblr_pcqr8dBByF1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

• Way Past Cool 1

• 3 weeks later...

New Splatfest has been announced!

tumblr_pdmax0vGSh1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Greetings from the Squid Research Lab! We’ve just received word that the next Splatfest has been announced! The question this time is which utensil do you think is more useful? Do you stick to your points with a fork? Or do you get the scoop with a spoon? Both utensils have their pros and cons, so please chews carefully! (And sorry…“spork” is not an option.) Pick your preferred utensil and charge into splattle starting 8/24 at 9pm PT!

And as a reminder, the Nintendo Switch Online service will be launching in the second half of September. Please note that Nintendo Switch owners won’t automatically become members when the service starts, so you’ll will need to purchase an individual or family membership in order to avoid disruption of your online play in compatible games. To make sure you don’t miss a minute of online play (including Splatfests!), please visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service for more info. Terms apply.

I'm joining Team Spoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_pdu7jyYg1i1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the results for Fork VS Spoon Splatfest

• Votes: 46.80% < 53.20%
  • Solo Wins: 51.62% > 48.38%
  • Team Wins: 50.31% > 49.69%
  • Final Results: 2 > 1
  • Team Fork Wins

Pearl: YAYERRRRRRR!

Marina: Ugh... Again?!

Pearl: Stick a fork in 'em, we rip spoons outta mouths, stick a cork in 'em! It's a sign of the tines... The finest minds couldn't line these rhymes with the same shine as mines, I'm-

Marina: OMG. SHUT UP ALREADY, PEARL.

Pearl: ...

Marina: ...

Pearl: Jeez, Reena...

Marina: Sorry. I'm just getting sick of losing these things. That's 3 in a row!

Pearl: Aw... It'll be OK, Marina. Just stop losing all the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_pe8wnbP0Er1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

PSA: The monthly weapon shipment to Ammo Knights is expected to arrive in early September. Please sit tight until this new shipment becomes available.

tumblr_pe8x2gMZ5R1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

From the evening of 8/31, Starfish Mainstage will be closed due to repair work. During construction, this stage will not be available in Regular, Ranked, and League Battle. The stage will still be playable in Private Battle though. Your understanding is appreciated.

Interesting...

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so I don't like Starfish Mainstage for many reasons... But from that small teaser, these changes are SOOO MUCH better than before. Really, it's a much appreciated change!

If the leading team even so much as pushed forward on the stage, the other team had no hopes of winning. And from the looks of these changes, it's far less likely to happen now.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_pelzgpvtDj1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The release of Splatoon 2’s Ver.4 was just announced! New weapon sets, part of the Kensa Collection, are coming tonight. In addition, Splatfest has been refreshed with new features, and new sub and special weapons are on the way soon. Stay tuned for more info!

tumblr_pelzni3GY91u3akyno1_540.jpg

tumblr_pelzni3GY91u3akyno2_400.jpg

tumblr_pelzni3GY91u3akyno3_400.jpg

tumblr_pelzni3GY91u3akyno4_540.jpg

These beauties are from the Kensa Collection, a special-ordered line of new weapons based on ones you might recognize. These weapons are painted with monotone designs created by the gear brand Toni Kensa, and include the collection’s signature red laundry clip. This first Kensa Collection will be released today, September 13.

tumblr_inline_pem00mmIsf1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Starting with Ver.4.0.0, Splatfests in Splatoon 2 will be changed significantly. Two new modes, Normal and Pro, will replace the previous Solo and Team modes.

tumblr_inline_pem01cucx31t4m0j9_1280.jpg

In Normal mode, you can jump into a Splatfest Battle on your own or join up with one to three friends from the same Splatfest team. If you join a match as a group of two or three, random solo players will be matched up to make a group of four.

tumblr_inline_pem01tiskk1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

In this mode, the amount you inked is added to any win bonus you get to determine your clout. If your team is on a win streak, the game will try and match you against teams with a similar streak.

tumblr_inline_pem02tMZhR1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Moreover, when weapons, gear, or general styles of four players in your team meet certain conditions, a nickname and a matching bonus will be given to your team.

tumblr_inline_pem037gGSi1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Pro mode is for those who want to go solo and push themselves to the limit. In Pro mode, you’re judged on your Splatfest Power. Raise it high enough and you could make it into the Splatfest Top 100! In this mode, you increase your clout by beating the opposing team. You get more clout for beating teams with a higher Splatfest Power.

tumblr_inline_pem03jDV6o1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

In addition to the above, 10x Battles will be added in both divisions. These are rare matches that will occur if you are lucky, and if you win, your contribution points will be multiplied by 10! And believe or not, there is a rumor that super rare 100x Battles could also occur!

tumblr_inline_pem03xnNUU1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

If your friend wins a 10x Battle or if someone wins a 100x match, teams may appear on the big screen in Inkopolis Square. Also, if you’re in the lobby or during matchmaking, such information will pop up on your game screen like a news flash. Team nicknames are also shown in Regular mode, so you may want to try scoring a cool team name and winning these rare matches for bragging rights!

The final Splatfest results are decided based on three factors: votes, clout from Normal mode players, and clout from Pro mode players.

Even if your side loses the popularity contest, Normal and Pro mode victories can slowly but surely turn the tables! Of course, participants on the winning side will receive slightly more Super Sea Snails as a reward for their victory! Good luck!

tumblr_pf0nzoB8IW1u3akyno1_1280.png

Check out these upcoming updates for Splatoon 2! Ver.4.0.0 will be released today, with new Splatfest features and the first Kensa Collection. And Ver.4.1.0 will be released in early October, including a new stage and the second Kensa Collection, with new sub/special combos.

The new stage in early October will be the final one to be added, though we’ll keep adding weapons until December. Also, look forward to more Splatfests until July 2019. We hope that you will continue to enjoy Splatoon 2.

tumblr_pf0obnc3hb1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

We just heard that as a special offer, Nintendo Account holders with 12-month Nintendo Switch Online memberships (individual or family) will receive a download code for exclusive in-game gear for the Splatoon 2 game.

Fun fact: the in-game jersey is based on the uniform worn by Team Japan, who won the Splatoon 2 World Championship! Our colleague informed us that the jersey has “online” written on the front in Japanese text because they originally won an online tournament! 

Visit here to learn more: https://www.Nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers

Nintendo Switch Online 12-month membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online 

• Thumbs Up 2

The next Splatfest has been announced:

tumblr_pf2kq02w131u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The next Splatoon 2 Splatfest is almost here! What’s your style: Retro or Modern? Duke it out for who’s right and bragging rights! This Splatfest runs 9/21 at 9pm PT to 9/22 at 9pm PT.

As a reminder, the Nintendo Switch Online service will launch on 9/18. You will not automatically become a member so you’ll need to purchase an individual or family membership to avoid disruption of your online play in compatible games (including this Splatfest). Please visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service for more info. Terms apply. 

tumblr_pf2l0rPBkU1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Starfish Mainstage, which has been closed for reconstruction, is now available in Ranked Battle rotation. This stage will also become available in other modes like Regular and League Battles. We apologize for the inconvenience during this construction work and thank you for your cooperation.

tumblr_pf9ysaFds31u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the results of the Retro VS Modern Splatfest, which is the first of the 4.0 Update that added new features to Splatfests:

• Votes: 31.17% < 68.83%
  • Normal Clout: 48.17% < 51.23%
  • Pro Clout: 48.21% < 51.79%
  • Final Results: 0 < 3
  • TEAM MODERN WINS!

Marina: YEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Pearl: NOOOOOOOOO!

Pearl: Whatever, I'ma go play away my sorrows with some Squid Beatz.

Marina: If you want arcade games, we've got Squid Beatz 2 right here in the Square. Note the "2". That means it's an upgrade. Which makes it better.

Pearl: I AM ERROR.

The new changes are going make things interesting in the future.

Now for some upcoming additions for October!

tumblr_pfdj80nLNk1u3akyno3_540.jpg

tumblr_pfdj80nLNk1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_pfdj80nLNk1u3akyno1_400.jpg

This is Skipper Pavilion, a popular tourist spot in the neighborhood of Inkopolis Square. Inklings believe that visiting will give them positive energy and good vibes to win Turf War battles. Despite being under restoration, Inklings and Octolings enjoy battling here using the scaffolds and fences. This stage will join the rotation in early October.

tumblr_pf8g9zw1JP1u3akyno1_540.jpg

tumblr_pf8g9zw1JP1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_pf8g9zw1JP1u3akyno3_400.jpg

The existence of a brand-new sub weapon, the Fizzy Bomb, was just confirmed in the latest Ver.4 trailer! We heard that once you activate it you can shake it like a can of pop (or soda depending on your geography) to generate power once it’s released! This carbonated sub weapon will be included in weapon sets arriving in early October.

tumblr_pfdkw47pxS1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

SashiMori are part of the rising tide of new bands emerging in this post Inklings vs. Octolings world we find ourselves in. They were originally a wall-of-sound style hard rock band, but decided to ditch their domineering singer. Now, the remaining three members—a carp, a cutlassfish, and a scaly-foot—have recruited a 10 year old Octoling DJ (a true genius on the wheels of steel), to form a new band with a new sound, for a new generation.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_pfoufqPeSt1u3akyno1_540.jpg

We just received more details on the new Special Weapon called the Booyah Bomb! Summon a powerful ball of ink, and then unleash it at your opponents for a big inkplosion. Once activated, charge it up faster by signaling “Booyah!”. Teammates can also get a small bonus to their special meter with “Booyah!” rally cries of their own!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1