Awoo.

Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)

Meta77

Damn it, this event looks awesome, I need Nintendo Switch Online for this, right? It freaking sucks.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what would be cool? If that in ranked battle, players will sometimes have to face a raid boss that forces both teams to battle it, just like in Team Fortress 2's Halloween maps.

Alright, here's the same update in English

tumblr_inline_pfzynbyW5H1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

According to our research, there seems to be a higher percentage of “ghouls,” “jack o’ lanterns,” and “pumpkin-flavored treats” being spread around. Yes, there’s no mistaking: it’s time to get excited for Splatoween!

tumblr_inline_pfzym4Y0Iu1t4m0j9_1280.png

Both Inklings and Octolings are going batty about this special Splatfest happening later this month. The spooky celebration runs from Friday, 10/19 at 3pm PT, to Sunday, 10/21 at 3pm PT - 48 hours total!

tumblr_inline_pfzyv0eOHz1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Speaking of treats, you can get special in-game treats! Via an upcoming Nintendo Switch News article scheduled for this Friday, 10/5, you’ll be able to receive four different pieces of spooky headgear. You will need to follow the Squid Research Lab Report (Splatoon 2) News Channel on your Nintendo Switch, and launch the Splatoon 2 game from the corresponding news article. If you haven’t followed the channel yet, now is a great time to consider it!

You will receive:

• Kyonshi Hat
  • Li’l Devil Horns
  • Hockey Mask
  • Anglerfish Mask

Our researchers have two notes about this:

1. Please make sure that you either have the game card inserted or the digital version of the game on your system.
  2. Be sure to receive the items before the article ink-dives off your news feed. We recommend grabbing the items as soon as possible!

tumblr_inline_pfzyo8pLjl1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Reports indicate that Inkopolis Square will also be getting quite the Splatoween makeover to spice up the festive atmosphere. You might even spot other residents of Inkopolis getting into the spirit!

tumblr_inline_pfzz38Bj6a1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pfzz3iLO5K1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pfzz3uXJgh1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pfzz445z201t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Even battle stages will receive Halloween-themed graffiti. Outside of battle, you might want to use the Recon feature to freely explore!
We hope you enjoy Splatoween and the spooktacular in-game gear!

As you might have noticed, Ver.4.0 added an automatic spectator camera to Spectator View mode that will switch between the players it focuses on automatically. For details, press the “+” button and review information related to controls after becoming the spectator but before confirming you are “Ready.” Our colleagues captured a video using this function to show how it works! You can also see updates near the player icons in the upper portion of the screen, which now display combined total of splats and assists, number of specials used, and current special gauge amount.

tumblr_pfqua7lfgX1u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_pfqua7lfgX1u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_pfqua7lfgX1u3akyno3_1280.jpgtumblr_pfqua7lfgX1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

These are the featured October Ranked Battle stages. The new stage, Skipper Pavilion, will be added to the game through the Ver.4.1 update and will join the stage rotation in early October.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Octoling Amiibo Costumes have been revealed!

Heads up, there’s fresh new amiibo figures joining the ink-splatting action! This 3-pack, featuring Octoling Boy, Octoling Girl, and Octoling Octopus will be available on 12/7, and gives Inklings and Octolings special access to some stylish new gear!

If you befriend the Octoling Girl amiibo figure, you’ll get the spellbinding look of the Enchanted gear! From the Octoling Boy amiibo, you’ll armor up with the Steel gear, and last but not least, with the Octopus amiibo, you’ll get the Fresh Fish gear, based on a popular character in Inkopolis! (Note: balloons not included.)

tumblr_pg5k5iDm7g1u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_pg5k5iDm7g1u3akyno2_1280.jpg

Everyone in the research lab is excited for International Octopus Day and the return of Inktober! While busy scientists like ourselves may not have the fine art skills required for 31 days of drawings, we did discover one Senior Researcher with skills equal to or greater than the amount required to pay the proverbial bills!

If you’re participating in Inktober and draw anything Splatoon 2 related, tag it with Splatoon Inktober so we can check it out!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_pgnh1vqPoX1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the results for the second Halloween Splatfest: Trick VS Treat

• Votes: 56.85% > 43.15%
  • Normal Clout: 49.89% < 50.11%
  • Pro Clout: 47.55% < 52.45%
  • Final Score: < 2
  • TEAM TREAT WINS

Marina: Sweet Victory!

Pearl: What?!

Marina: That's how you do it, Team Treat!

Pearl: You bribed Li'l Judd with candy, didn't you?!

Marina: Nope. Team Treat doesn't need cheap tricks to win. But don't worry, Pearl. I've got the thing for that sour attitude of yours. I had Sheldon modify my Tenta Missile launcher to fire giant candy corn! I'm going to be locking on to you nonstop until Halloween!

Pearl: Ugh...

• Thumbs Up 2

Huzzah, Team Treat wins, well done! This was totally worth using my 7-day trial of online, it felt great to be back for a little while! And this Shifty Station, so interesting. I'm just glad we finally got grind rails in a stage, but geez, the first team to grab mid just crushes every game...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 10/22/2018 at 3:22 AM, Polkadi~♪ said:

Huzzah, Team Treat wins, well done! This was totally worth using my 7-day trial of online, it felt great to be back for a little while! And this Shifty Station, so interesting. I'm just glad we finally got grind rails in a stage, but geez, the first team to grab mid just crushes every game...

The only stage where I find it acceptable to go straight to the middle during a Turf War lol

• 2 weeks later...

Some new updates coming November :)

tumblr_ph898idtFF1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

We just uncovered more details about an upcoming new special weapon! The Ultra Stamp lets players attack with an enormous hammer. Pressing and holding the ZR Button allows you to advance while striking with the hammer! It looks like you can guard ink attacks coming from the front, but your back is exposed.

If you press the ZR button while you’re in the air, the Ultra Stamp will flip vertically so you can attack opponents mid-air. You can also throw the stamp with the R button to attack a distant opponent! Of course, throwing away your special weapon will end your attack. 

Because we needed a Golden Hammer in Splatoon :P

tumblr_phhpioujF51u3akyno1_1280.jpg

We’ve just received a fresh report about a new sub weapon called the Torpedo. When thrown near an enemy it changes shape and targets the foe, exploding on impact and splatting ink everywhere. Torpedoes thrown by opponents can be shot down with your attack.

This will be an interesting when checking to see if anyone is hiding in ink.

tumblr_phh62fzliJ1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

From the evening of October 31st, The Reef will be closed for a short while due to repair work. During construction, the stage will not be available in Regular, Ranked, and League Battles. We expect construction to be complete by Wednesday, November 7th. We apologize for the inconvenience during this construction work and thank you for your cooperation.

I'm surprised another stage is getting fixed up.

Finally, here are the Ranked Battle Maps for November:

tumblr_phh6e1rBiw1u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_phh6e1rBiw1u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_phh6e1rBiw1u3akyno3_1280.jpgtumblr_phh6e1rBiw1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

I'm sad if I missed the Halloween theme but I'm gonna get Switch Online in time for Smash, but I will definitely play some Splatoon online as well.

Meanwhile I'm about to beat Octo Expansion DLC that I bought last month, it's really hard and cool! I'm on level 3 of that tower finale thing.

The latest update came with a new map for Salmon Run and it's pretty damn fun!

Also something for those who missed out on certain gear. You can obtain it via SplatNet ^^

If you don't use the app you might still be able to obtain the gear from the original news articles containing the gear. Not sure if that has changed since this patch but when the Halloween gear was released a bunch of us looked back to see if we could get previous "limited time" gear and it turns out we could ^^

The next Splatfest is next weekend featuring a battle of chip dips

tumblr_phuxxlpOCd1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

We’ve received word that the new Splatfest theme has been announced! It’s a clash of the condiments, with the spicy Team Salsa facing off against the creamy Team Guacamole! Pick your preferred snack and get ready to splat when the event goes live from 11/16 at 8:00pm PT, to 11/17 at 8:00pm PT.

tumblr_pi5rqukf8t1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Sorry for the wait, but here are the results of the Salsa VS Guac Splatfest:

• Votes: 57.12% > 42.88%
  • Normal Clout: 52.47% > 47.53%
  • Pro Clout: 54% > 46%
  • Final Results: 3 > 0

Pearl: SALSA TOO HOT TO HANDLE!

Marina: Nooooo!

Pearl: Don't step to the spice, if you can't pay the price! Team Guac got rocked, Hot salsa paradise!

Marina: Splat me now...

Pearl: YAYUH! We did it, Team Salsa!

• 2 weeks later...

Next weekend, we settle it in Splatfest:

tumblr_pjaiyxhJ0l1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Urgent announcement from the Squid Research Lab!

NEW SPLATFEST APPROACHING!

To commemorate the debut of the Inkling as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a collaboration Splatfest is on the way!
This time, the theme is simple, which side do you stand on: Team Heroes or Team Villains? Do you fight for justice and peace no matter the cost? Or do you stand with the misunderstood miscreants?

The Splatfest runs from:

• 12/14 (Fri) 8:00 p.m. PT – 12/15 (Sat) 8:00 p.m. PT

Once this Splatfest is finished, please pick up your Super Sea Snails by the afternoon of Dec. 20th. The Inkopolis News announcement for Frosty Fest will begin on Friday, Dec. 21st, so don’t miss out!

tumblr_inline_pizj0dEfgT1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pizj0xOUG51t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pizj2k59DA1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pizj3kZBIy1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Noticing a little chill in the air? Getting darker a little sooner? That must mean it’s almost time for Frosty Fest! This special global in-game event will turn Inkopolis Square into a winter wonderland! The graffiti in stages will also be winter themed, and Inklings and Octolings will get to use some very fancy glitter-filled ink!

In keeping with the season, this Splatfest asks: Who do you get most excited to spend the holidays with, Friends or Family? Grab a coat and battle it out in the 48-hour event from January 4th, 2:00pm PT, to January 6th, 2:00pm PT.

Along with the Frosty Fest, special gear items will be distributed via the Squid Research Lab Report (Splatoon 2) News Channel on your Nintendo Switch system. Keep your eyes open for these free holiday gifts in late December, and check back regularly so you don’t miss them!

Above, from left to right:

• New Year’s Glasses DX
  • Twisty Headband
  • Festive Party Cone
  • Eel-Cake Hat

tumblr_pj0rdxjbo21u3akyno5_1280.jpg

We just received details on which stages will be featured for the December Ranked Battles. Please note that Blackbelly Skatepark will be temporarily closed for maintenance, but will rejoin the rotation as soon as it’s completed. Thank you for your patience!

tumblr_pj0rdxjbo21u3akyno1_1280.jpgtumblr_pj0rdxjbo21u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_pj0rdxjbo21u3akyno3_1280.jpgtumblr_pj0rdxjbo21u3akyno4_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

For those in the UK the Smash Themed Splatfest starts on the 15th at 2 pm ^^

I’m actually having trouble deciding who to pick this time. Pearl and Marina both gave good cases for each side lol

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_pjlmjqNzsh1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the Results of the Super Smash Bros. themed Splatfest: Hero Vs Villain

• Votes: 62.89% > 37.11%
  • Normal Clout: 47.79% < 52.21%
  • Pro Clout: 46.49% < 53.51%
  • Final Results: 1 < 2
  • TEAM VILLAIN WINS

Pearl: WHAT?! NOOOOOOO!

Marina: GWA HA HA HA! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

Pearl: ...

Marina: I CANNOT BE DEFEATED!

Pearl: OK, enough with the corny villain lines, Marina.

Marina: You know, Pearl. We're not so different, you and I.

Pearl: ...

Marina: This is but phase one of my secret evil plan! Which I will now explain in detail... First, I will kidnap all of the world's volcanoes. Then I'll steal the nuclear c-

Pearl: WHOA! Shut it, Marina! This just in!

Marina: ...

Pearl: We've received a transmission from... on high.

Marina: *gulp* Really?

Pearl: Yeah, apparently the next Splatfest will be right after New Year's. And they'll announce the theme for that Splatfest on 12/21!

Marina: WHOA! Can't wait!

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Holidays from the Salmonids :D

tumblr_pk3t2001Vt1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Merry Fishmas! A greeting card just arrived at the lab, and this year it’s from a Salmonid researcher! These usually noisy Salmonids seem to also be enjoying their cozy holiday break. 

Up for a Salmon Run shift? Grizzco Industries appears to be recruiting part-timers even during the holidays. If you’ve got a break in your festivities, pick up a shift and grab as many Golden Eggs as you can!

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_pk3z1hrwf61u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Sorry about the wait, but here are the Results of FrostyFest (Fam VS Friend):

• Votes: 62.27% > 37.73%
  • Normal Clout: 48.01% < 51.99%
  • Pro Clout: 47.17% < 52.83%
  • Votes: 1 < 2
  • TEAM FRIEND WINS 

Marina: BOOYAH!

Pearl: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Marina: I guess the power of friendship was just too much for Team Fam. Good work out there, friends! We did it!

Pearl: We hope you enjoyed FrostyFest!

• Thumbs Up 1