Awoo.

Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)

Meta77

The next Splatfest is breakfast related

tumblr_pm5sp7dt511u3akyno1_1280.png

A new Splatfest announcement has just arrived at the lab, and it’s a brutal breakfast battle to crown the king of carbs! Which breakfast item do you prefer, Pancakes or Waffles? Pick your preferred treat and get ready to Turf War starting February 8th at 8pm PT, until February 9th at 8pm PT.

I'm definitely team pancake

tumblr_pmin6u8hby1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The Pancakes VS Waffles Splatfest:

• Votes: 48.69% < 51.31%
  • Normal Clout: 48.66% < 51.34%
  • Pro Clout: 48.59% < 51.41%
  • Final Results: 0 < 3
  • TEAM WAFFLE WINS

Marina: W-W-W-W-WAFFLECOPTER!

Pearl: ...

Marina: Pancakes got straight BATTERED! Haha!

Pearl: Whatever...

Marina: Great work, Team Waffle. We are on the right side of history.

Pearl: Ok, but have you ever tried to clean a waffle iron?

Ouch....I didn't think we'd lose this bad...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

• TEAM WAFFLE WINS

Marina never wears full size pants in her art lol XD but WAFFLES

On 2/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, Sonictrainer said:

• TEAM WAFFLE WINS

I expected Pancakes to lose overall because I had a feeling Waffles played better but I was actually really surprised by the vote lol

Also this was the first time I ended up playing Splatoon using VC with randos ^^ Until now I've been too shy lol It turned out to be a lot of fun and I think communicating with everyone helped improve the game slightly even though VC isn't required as much with Splatoon as it is with other games ^^

As someone already pointed out in the replies at lot of people wouldn't have issues importing the magazine the codes for this gear come from. The issue is the codes are region locked which is unfair.

Been nearly 2 years so I doubt we'll see any exclusive gear anytime soon if ever.

4 hours ago, Shiroi said:

As someone already pointed out in the replies at lot of people wouldn't have issues importing the magazine the codes for this gear come from. The issue is the codes are region locked which is unfair.

Been nearly 2 years so I doubt we'll see any exclusive gear anytime soon if ever.

...what the heck is Goggles wearing?

Also, there was Valentines Day Artwork

tumblr_pmw7j5C4jN1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Happy Valentine’s Day!

This greeting card arrived from one of our fellow researchers. It’s great to give chocolates to someone, but it’s also important to treat yourself sometimes. And there’s nothing like having your favorite food with friends, or bandmates, around!

• 3 weeks later...

A new special Splatfest based on the Octoling Amiibo Costumes is arriving soon!

tumblr_po0vmdEtZL1u3akyno1_1280.png

It’s a fantasy fracas in the latest Splatfest! This medieval showdown asks, which would you rather be, a knight or a wizard?

Charge into battle from 3/15, 9:00pm PT to 3/16, 9:00pm PT.

This Splatfest also has a fun feature – if you match your headgear and shoes with the ones from the Enchanted or Steel series, available through the Octoling Girl or Octoling Boy amiibo figures, the look of your Splatfest Tee will change to the clothes from each series during battles.

Please note the main gear ability of the clothes remains the same as the Splatfest Tee and is Ability Doubler. 

tumblr_po0vmdEtZL1u3akyno2_400.jpgtumblr_po0vmdEtZL1u3akyno3_400.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_poa34fQ2EJ1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the results of the Knights VS Wizards Splatfest:

• Votes: 37.32% < 62.68%
  • Normal Clout: 49.73 < 50.27%
  • Pro Clout: 50.30% > 49.70%
  • Final Results: 1 < 2
  • TEAM WIZARD WINS

Marina: WIZARDS!

Pearl: Ugh...

Marina: HA! I guess chivalry truly is dead.

Marina: I'm proud of you, wizards! We live to cast another day!

tumblr_podqt3q0Af1u3akyno1_1280.png

The Squid Research Lab has compiled this pretty-easy-to-understand (sort of?) Splatoon 2 Relationship Chart! I’m receiving word we may need to reword this description for clarity, but in the meantime, reacquaint yourself with these friendly faces!

You might a need to zoom in to read some of these...

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_inline_pp6qhkpFUF1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pp6qinPiRh1t4m0j9_1280.pngtumblr_inline_pp6qj4tz9b1t4m0j9_1280.pngtumblr_inline_pp6qjeMohm1t4m0j9_1280.png

As the old saying goes, April Ink Storms bring May flowers, and that means Spring Fest is right around the corner! This special event is using the power of pastels to turn Inkopolis Square into a colorful hot spot!

Battle it out in the 48-hour event from April 19th, 3:00pm PT to April 21st, 3:00pm PT.

The theme of Spring Fest is “which will win in a race, the hare or the tortoise?”

Along with this Splatfest, some spring-colored gear will be given out via the Squid Research Lab Report (Splatoon 2) News Channel on your Nintendo Switch system: Spring colored visors and colorful custom kicks with design supervision from Pearl and Marina!

tumblr_inline_pp6pnpk5fG1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pp6pxrStRl1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

We just received breaking news following the North America Inkling Open 2019. The Ver.4.6.0 update is coming on Tue, April 2nd.

This update will include the distribution of the previously announced Sheldon’s Picks. In addition to the previously announced 10 weapons, two additional weapons – Clear Dapple Dualies and the Tenta Camo Brella will be added to the game. These 12 weapons will be added all at once via the update.

tumblr_inline_pp6q13cHsY1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pp6q19KcgV1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pp6q1emN6B1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

•     Fresh Squiffer w/ Suction Bombs & Inkjet
  • Permanent Inkbrush w/ Sprinkler & Ink Armor
  • Soda Slosher w/ Splat Bombs & Burst-Bomb Launcher
  • Bamboozler 14 Mk III w/ Fizzy Bombs & Bubble Blower
  • Grim Range Blaster w/ Burst Bombs & Tenta Missiles
  • N-ZAP ‘83 w/ Sprinkler & Ink Storm
  • Aerospray PG w/ Burst Bombs & Booyah Bomb
  • Sploosh-o-matic 7 w/ Splat Bombs & Ultra Stamp
  • Heavy Splatling Remix w/ Point Sensor & Booyah Bomb
  • Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose w/ Splash Wall & Bubble Blower
  • Tenta Camo Brella w/ Ink Mines & Ultra Stamp
  • Clear Dapple Dualies w/ Torpedo & Splashdown

These will be the final weapons added to the game.

tumblr_inline_pp6q3y3bp21t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pp6q5dtgxJ1t4m0j9_1280.pngtumblr_inline_pp6q6ddxra1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Another feature being added is weapon badges, which act as marks of pride showing just how much you’ve used a particular weapon.

Whenever you reach 100,000, 500,000, 1,000,000, and the maximum number of points inked with each weapon, these badges will display.

Once earned, you can check them out on your player status screen and the equip screen! 

More reasons to keep playing! :D

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_pq464lyf2Y1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the results of the Hare VS Tortoise SpringFest:

• Votes: 43.79% < 56.21%
  • Normal Clout: 52.11% >  47.89%
  • Pro Clout: 50.61% >  49.39%
  • Final Results: 2 >  1
  • TEAM HARE WINS!

Pearl: Team Hare wins by a hair!

Marina: ...

Pearl: Team Hare doesn't seem fair! Turtles need a clean pair! AYYYYY!

Marina: Classy, Pearl. So I guess in the new version of the fable, the hare ends up winning...

Pearl: Yup. It's time for a gritty reboot of the Tortoise and the Hare. THIS SUMMER...

Marina: Dear cod...

Pearl: The hare had just won the race. She was taking a victory lap, when suddenly...

Marina: Suddenly what?!

Pearl: Mysterious creatures emerge from the sea to threaten their peaceful village! So the tortoise and the hare join forces to rescue their kidnapped friends!

Marina: WHAT?! That's not a plot twist... it's a plot backside rodeo 1080!

Pearl: Yeah, I'm gonna option the movie rights, so I gotta go big to attract investors! Ooh! I need to start working on the soundtrack! You can do the cover art.

Marina: Maybe take it one step at a time, Pearl. Slow and steady wins... Oh.

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_prlyt9otdw1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the Results of the yesterday's Splatfest: Time Travel VS Teleportation:

• Votes: 41.34% < 58.66%
  • Normal Clout: 49.42% < 50.58%
  • Pro Clout: 49.47% < 50.53%
  • TEAM TELEPORTATION WINS

Marina: TEAM TELEPORTATION TAKES THE SPLATFEST!

Pearl: WHAT?! NOOOOOOO! This truly is the darkest timeline.

Marina: Way to go, team. I'm proud of you. So are you going to go back in time and switch teams?

Pearl: Nah, I'm proud of Team Time Travel. And I'm not gonna give up on developing my Time Travel powers. I just need more practice. 

(Tries to use Time Travel powers) Ooh! I felt something! See! Look at the clock! It's a minute later!

Pearl: (Tries to use Time Travel powers again)

Man, this one was brutal for Team Time Travel. Most of my matches ended up with my team getting cornered or completely destroyed. :(

On 5/19/2019 at 7:04 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Here are the Results of the yesterday's Splatfest: Time Travel VS Teleportation:

• Votes: 41.34% < 58.66%
  • Normal Clout: 49.42% < 50.58%
  • Pro Clout: 49.47% < 50.53%
  • TEAM TELEPORTATION WINS

Man, this one was brutal for Team Time Travel. Most of my matches ended up with my team getting cornered or completely destroyed. :(

I'm mostly surprised by the voting. With all the Time Travel posts I thought you'd won that one.

I expected you to win overall actually. Most of my matches were mirror which don't count and the matches I did have against Time Travel were pretty messy. A lot of really good players on your side and I got my ass handed to me in Pro.

@Shiroi Huh, that's surprising to hear. As a member of Team Time Travel, things were quite the opposite on my end.

Before the Splatfest, the majority of drawings/posts that showed up were supporting Team Teleportation. And once it came to the event proper, I'm almost certain that the majority of matches I was in were losses - or rather, curbstomps - for our team.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, kids & Squids. We have the last 2 Splatfests coming up.

First off is the Unicorns VS Narwhals Splatfest.

tumblr_pslr6eITdV1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The latest Splatfest is on the way! This time the question is “Which creature is more majestic”? The elegant Unicorn or the distinguished Narwhal? Make your choice and point your team towards victory from 6/14 9pm PT to 6/15 9pm PT!

Meanwhile, this was just announced after the results of the Splatoon 2 World Championships 2019

tumblr_inline_pssvnhjC6c1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

It’s been two years since the launch of Splatoon 2, and now the shadow of the Splatocalypse is coming! This final Splatfest asks “Which world would you choose? Chaos or Order?”

Will you fight for a world of chaos, with an ever-shifting blur of boundaries and borders, where the only path through the confusion is that which you carve out for yourself? Or will you battle for a world of order governed by an unwavering discipline, in which your path toward a promised future is straight and well-paved? The time has come and the choice is yours!

tumblr_inline_pssvp3rs9y1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

This Splatfest will be a 72 hour event running from 7/18 at 5am PT until 7/21 at 5am PT, wrapping up exactly two years from the game’s initial launch. Make sure not to miss this be all, end all “Splatocalypse” extravaganza!

tumblr_inline_pssvqmYEzA1t4m0j9_1280.jpg

In addition, a new Shifty Station stage will be added for this Final Splatfest, and all 23 of the previous Splatfest-specific stages will be making a reappearance, too. The 23 previous stages will surface in a constantly…shifting rotation for the first 48 hours, with the new stage making its debut for the final 24 hour period. This is just the chance to relive all your favorite Splatfest battle memories!

tumblr_inline_pssvptFt1P1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pssvrbHDH21t4m0j9_1280.jpg

We’ll also be releasing some special gear to go along with the Final Splatfest. Each side will see two pieces of unique headgear inspired by the themes of chaos and order, for a total of four! Look for an upcoming report from Squid Research Lab (Splatoon 2) Nintendo Switch News Channel in late June to find out how to grab this great gear!

tumblr_inline_pssvrwe6UV1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_pssvry0gO61t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Following the Final Splatfest in late July, the Ver. 5.0.0. Update is planned for release. This update will add the “Turf War (Splatfest)” option to Private Battles, allowing you to battle it out on any of the 24 Shifty Station stages.

Playing in “Turf War (Splatfest)” will also cause all 23 of the normal stages to appear in all their nighttime Splatfest splendor! You’ll also be able to select team ink color combinations from all those used in previous Splatfests. Get together with your friends and host a private Splatfest-themed party of your very own!

Remember how the results of the Marie VS Callie Splatfest affected the Story Mode in Splatoon 2? I can see this being the same case for Splatoon 3.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I was saying quite a while ago that'd I'd love for all Shifty Stations to be added after the Splatfests were done! They're one of my favourite things about Splat2 and now I'll finally be able to pick the stages I missed before getting a Switch ^^ The inclusion of all the ink colours and night time versions of regular stages from Splatfest is cool too!

Kind of a shame all this is only available in private matches but that's not a big issue ^^

I'm just surprised that we're getting all of this for free. 24 stages I was more than prepared to pay for, for free. The Splatoon team is too good to us ^^

I'll most likely pick Team Order ^^ I'm with the people who think the impact of Order will be worse than Chaos lol

Love the Salmon skull (?) headgear ^^

As for this weeks Splatfest, here's Europe's.

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly lol

tumblr_pt0hrxeoVa1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Here are the Results of the Unicorn VS Narwhal Splatfest:

• Votes: 39.01% < 60.99%
  • Normal Clout: 49.89% < 50.11%
  • Pro Clout: 48.89% < 51.11%
  • Final Results: 0 < 3
  • TEAM NARWHAL WINS!

Marina: NARRRRRRR-WHALLLLLLLLLL!

Marina: Way to go, Team Narwhal! I knew you could do it! I guess Team Unicorn was too busy tooting their own horns to show up!

Pearl: Yeah... Nice one, Marina.

Marina: ... Uh, Pearl? You feeling OK?

Pearl: You ever feel like...something big is coming? It's almost like... the end is near.

Marina: Yeah, I feel it too... But whatever happens, we'll always have each other's backs. Right?

Pearl: Yeah...

Ok, this wasn't as bad as last time. :)

...also, I'm afraid of what's going to happen after the Final Fest...

Since there was a different subject across the pond, here's the results for the European Splatfest: KID v. GROWN-UP

S2_Splatfest_Official_Promo_Kid_vs_Grown

Votes: 65.79% > 34.21%

Normal Clout: 48.36% < 51.64%

Pro Clout: 45.27% < 54.73%

Final Results: 1 < 2

TEAM GROWN-UP WINS!

Marina: Woohoo! Wisdom and experience win the day! The natural order is restored.

Pearl: Wow, I didn't think you'd manage it, with your canes and your fake hips...

Marina: Yeah, all right, Pearl. Preeeetty sure you're older than me.

Pearl: Bah, you're no fun. Go browse furniture catalogs, or whatever you do for fun...

Marina: Aww, Pearlie, you're so grumpy! Did someone miss naptime?

Pearl: The team was KID, not TODDLER!

Marina: Shush now, dear. Adults are talking.

No real foreshadowing for the Final Splatfest over here, though. That's a shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2019 at 7:19 AM, Sonictrainer said:

...also, I'm afraid of what's going to happen after the Final Fest...

Same...

Please leave this precious duo alone Nintendo lol

On 6/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, NegaMetallix said:

Since there was a different subject across the pond, here's the results for the European Splatfest: KID v. GROWN-UP

Votes: 65.79% > 34.21%

Normal Clout: 48.36% < 51.64%

Pro Clout: 45.27% < 54.73%

Final Results: 1 < 2

TEAM GROWN-UP WINS!

No real foreshadowing for the Final Splatfest over here, though. That's a shame.

I was a little disappointed about the lack of foreshadowing.

I was so sure I was on the losing team lol Did not have a good run despite winning a 10x match.

I'd say the Shifty Station from this fest is one of my favourites ^^

Wonder if the song for the final few hours of Final Fest will change to Fly Octo Fly or something ^^ In Splatoon Calamari Inkantation played for the final few ours of the Callie VS Marie Splatfest ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

I'd say the Shifty Station from this fest is one of my favourites ^^

Agreed! The gimmick of using the rolled-up pathways was a lot of fun.

12 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

Wonder if the song for the final few hours of Final Fest will change to Fly Octo Fly or something ^^ In Splatoon Calamari Inkantation played for the final few ours of the Callie VS Marie Splatfest ^^

That would be pretty cool. It'd certainly make the most sense to use that track during the finale.

tumblr_inline_ptgnfdrkkn1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnh1pg271t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnh1YSy51t4m0j9_1280.jpg

We’re receiving reports that the final Shifty Station stage in Splatoon 2 will be titled MC.Princess Diaries! We also have unconfirmed reports that the stage might feature an in person appearance from Pearl and Marina themselves…

All 24 Shifty Station has a Stage Name now. See if you can recall them and the Splatfests they were used in!

tumblr_inline_ptgnoh1NhK1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnoisKv21t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnor6en91t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnozHqL61t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp14JcH1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp0xXXS1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp26Xii1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp3I6VS1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp4ETGC1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp6Nq1e1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp7VzXc1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp8QcDG1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnp97kli1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpaR3oe1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpb1cOz1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpcjwI41t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpcjwI41t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpd50PB1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpeeAMV1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpfXfnf1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpgTlQx1t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnphubF41t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpiao381t4m0j9_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_ptgnpjNO401t4m0j9_1280.jpg

Additionally, with over 20 returning Shifty Stations in the rotation for the Final Splatfest, we’ve been given a look at the schedule for the Final Splatfest: Sets of the existing Shifty Stations from past Splatfests will appear in 2-hour rotations during the first 48 hours, and during the last 24 hours, the new Shifty Station for this Final Splatfest, MC.Princess Diaries, will appear. Mark your calimari-endars accordingly!

On 6/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, NegaMetallix said:

That would be pretty cool. It'd certainly make the most sense to use that track during the finale.

Some data mining was recently done and we've got quite the playlist coming our way! :D

Spoiler

The rip of Now or Never! feat. Squid Sisters