Awoo.

Super Bomberman R (Nintendo Switch) Coming March 2017 Can Konami Redeem Themselves!?

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Okay why the hell was this not shown at the presentation!?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2BvcbEUkAEJKTu.png

GAME DETAILS

Since its release in 1985, Bomberman has been a familiar party-battle game for many years. Now, Bomberman is coming back as "SUPER BOMBERMAN R" to Nintento Switch.

In SUPER BOMBERMAN R, the simple rule remains the same: operate the main character (Bomberman), place bombs, and battle with enemies and rivals, but it's coming back in a modern style with 3D stages and photo-real graphics. You can enjoy battles with rivals from all over the world.

There is "Battle" mode for maximum of 8 players, and single play "Story" mode (cooperative play for 2 players is possible as well) where players clear each stage one by one, with a big volume of 50 stages. Also, there is a new rule where the condition to clear the stage is not just by wiping out all the enemies. This simple but strategic game with new rules and 3D stages is fun for everyone, from children to adults.

Features:

• Bomberman is back with the same game system and controllability with a fresh take on a classic title
  • Photo-real graphics
  • Bomberman's siblings and well-known enemies are back with rich personality
  • 3D stages with dynamic environments
  • Battle mode for maximum of 8 players, local connection battles, and online battles
  • Enriched story with all-star voice actors

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-bomberman-r-switch

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok, this is on my launch day pickup list. I will totally be able to get my sisters/cousin to play this

Oh, hell yeah. I'm really excited for this! I love Bomberman and I was worried that a new game would have never came out. Glad I was wrong, though! :P

Definitely getting this when I get a Switch. Might be my first purchase as well.

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, I'm happy to see Bomberman back from the dead. On the other, I was kinda hoping we'd see a more adventure-esque style similar to Bomberman 64 or Generations as opposed to mostly grid-based levels in addition to the standard battle fare. Maybe in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

While we wait, treehouse footage!

Still waiting for this to be listed on amazon, it looks great

I kinda hate the look of this game. It's like, a little too detailed, a little too cluttered, and it makes it hard to read what's going on at a glance.

• Thumbs Up 2

So my suspicions were right, Nintendo is co-developing this(which means I'm expecting better final polish)

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/super-bomberman-r-is-being-made-by-former-bomberman-staff/

Super Bomberman R Is Being Made By Former Bomberman Staff

By Matt Hawkins . January 13, 2017 . 8:00pm

I spoke with a Konami rep, who funny enough provided some of the hardest behind the scenes details of any of the games played. As for when led to its development, was told that both Nintendo and Konami came together to help make it happen in the first place, and the team responsible is comprised of Konami’s internal team, which is comprised of former Hudson folk who worked on past Bomberman games, and Hexadrive (Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and The 3rd Birthday).

Super Bomberman R wasn’t graphically unimpressive, and someone who wanted to be negative might have a decent amount to work with. I had no issue with the aesthetics themselves, the oddly skewed perspective, with a seemingly arbitrary camera angle, was again odd. Simply put this game is Bomberman as you would expect it to be.

No price was given, but it will be revealed next week. The game will come out both physically and digitally, and size of the download will be 4GB. Given the less than complex nature of the game might make wonder how big something like Zelda will be, though it’s also import noting how Super Bomberman R has extensive voice acting (or so it was advertised; I could not hear anything at the event), so that might be a contributor towards the final download size.

So basically Nintendo is helping make and fund it. Guess preorders will go up next week, and I'm curious about the price myself

• Thumbs Up 1

I assumed Nintendo was funding it, and that's the only reason its getting made. So getting this. I do hope its $40 rather than $60.

8 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I assumed Nintendo was funding it, and that's the only reason its getting made. So getting this. I do hope its $40 rather than $60.

Same, because then it's 30 for me thanks to AP. Getting it either way though

EDIT: Also can I just say I love the look of the game, it's just Bomberman, from bosses having certian parts made from actual stuff(the spider legs are from a type of drafting tool) to the retro powerups that are intentionally low res

nintendoswitch_superba2k5s.pngnintendoswitch_superbvwkyp.png
nintendoswitch_superbkckre.pngnintendoswitch_superbl0jk2.png
nintendoswitch_superbv3kox.png

On 1/13/2017 at 8:58 AM, PC the Hedgehog said:

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, I'm happy to see Bomberman back from the dead. On the other, I was kinda hoping we'd see a more adventure-esque style similar to Bomberman 64 or Generations as opposed to mostly grid-based levels in addition to the standard battle fare. Maybe in the future.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I quite like Bomberman as a mascot, but my first experience with him was on Bomberman 64.  The grid-style gameplay, despite being a more prominent staple of the series, doesn't strike the same chord that I imagine it does with more dedicated fans.  Still, with Nintendo's involvement, I'm sure the game will be great, so I'll still be following it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Super hyped for this. It's good to see Bomberman back. But if the reports about microtransactions is true, Konami can go get fucked.

Just now, Zippo said:

Super hyped for this. It's good to see Bomberman back. But if the reports about microtransactions is true, Konami can go get fucked.

It's a total misread. The game has continues that require in-game currency during story mode if you run out of lives. Which you collect in-game, and couldn't be merchandized. Previous games have had a similar mechanic. Heck, SSB4 had this mechanic

8 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It's a total misread. The game has continues that require in-game currency during story mode if you run out of lives. Which you collect in-game, and couldn't be merchandized. Previous games have had a similar mechanic. Heck, SSB4 had this mechanic

I've been hearing different things everywhere this weekend. That's a relief.

I really hope that the shield and rocket power-ups from Bomberman Blast make a return in this game. Those power-ups were really useful and fun to use when you got the hang of them, especially the Rocket.

• Thumbs Up 1

What we really needed was a Bomberman Fantasy Race sequel, the BEST Bomber game. You know deep in your heart it's true.

New screenshots on the site are fun. And I can live with that, it's got a full campaign, multiplayer(we can assume unlockables), and it's the only real multiplayer game out around launch. and I have prime so it's $40 for me... and I mean any serious gamer who doesn't have Prime or GCU is making a mistake in the first place. although I'd wait for the actual press release though

I think it should probably be $40, but it partly depends on the content. The graphics aren't amazing, but we have seen there's a lot of content and features.

I think people saying this should be $20 or $30 are definitely underselling it, but I do agree that $50 is most likely too high. Given Breath of the Wild is $60...

• 2 weeks later...

I got to play Super Bonnerman R at PAX South yesterday and today! Impressions:

I loved what i saw. It looks to be running on an improved engine they used for the XBLA titles back in the day. The music is also very Bombermanish, with bouncy tunes, just like I remember, no idea who is composing though. Gameplay wise, I'd say it's most similar to Bonmberman '93 and Saturn Bomberman. If you've played any Bomberman game from the 90s', you'll have no problem hopping in. Yesterday, I played it with four players, but today I got to play it with 8 players and it was fucking bonkers. Everyone was laughing, chaos ensued and it was a great time. There's a ton of multiplayer levels as well. I will say, if you aren't paying attention, it's very easy to get lost, so keep a sharp eye on your Bomber. I say this is going to be well worth the $50 asking price, if my time with it is any indication. Hyped!

• 2 weeks later...

So as of a few days ago, Konami's been doing daily posts of character profiles from the game

Today, we introduce Big Brother, the White Bomber! #HaveABlast
ecbubYk.jpg

Good guys need bad guys to fight & here is our first Anti-hero : Magnet Bomber! Super Bomberman R Here: https://goo.gl/QttjqI
AOA5WT9.jpg

When you Meet the Bombers, you might wonder who the "best" one is, but no worries it's Black Bomber, he will tell you so himself!
C4I58saXAAICOoR.jpg

Next in our Meet the Bombers: Heroes need naps too! Blue Bomber just wishes evil would let him hit the alarm a few more times.
tqHH16w.jpg
Huge, evil?, cuddly and made of metal! Meet the dastardly Golem Bomber! He just wants to hug and squeeze you like a bunny!
zUguADY.jpg

quoted for better size scaling

Really really hope they keep it like some of the classics where the villains are playable in multi... and perhaps story mode, in both cases after you beat it of course

To anybody still looking forward to this game Konami uploaded the opening on youtube