Awoo.

Super Bomberman R (Nintendo Switch) Coming March 2017 Can Konami Redeem Themselves!?

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Black bomber rofl just wow.  but game looks fun. Can't wait

3 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Since the vid above isn't available, here it is:

The little bit of music in that is sooo good

So we got an update on the site, they added character profiles, Brain Bomber and Pretty Bomber are no more(or at least, the latter is no longer a villian and has been replaced as such), Brain Bomber is now Phantom Bomber, and we have the new Karaoke Bomber

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/character/

CHARACTER

• White
    White

The eldest of the eight Bomberman Bros.

White is the hardworking but downtrodden "big brother" of the group. He's passionate about the pursuit of justice, but unfortunately his siblings don't generally share this fervor, and it usually ends up going to waste. Still, White remains undiscouraged, continuing his battle against evil.

• Black
    Black

The second eldest of the eight Bomberman Bros.

Vain and narcissistic to the point that it's a little embarrassing, Black tries to act the cool pragmatist, but in reality all he really excels at is coming up with excuses for slacking off. He does look out for his younger siblings, though--albeit reluctantly.

• Pink
    Pink

The third eldest of the eight Bomberman Bros., and the eldest girl.

A bright and bubbly busybody who loves prying into other people's business, if Pink ever sees someone in a tight spot, she simply has to help them out. In fact, if she sees someone who ISN'T in a tight spot, she still HAS to help them out...

• Blue
    Blue

The fourth eldest of the eight Bomberman Bros.

Blue believes in leading a life of leisure - so much so that he spends the vast majority of each day asleep. His special skill is the ability to fall asleep whenever, wherever, and for however long.

• Red
    Red

The fifth eldest of the eight Bomberman Bros.

Red's a hot-blooded, hot-headed, hero-wannabe. He looks up to White--in his own way--and like his elder brother believes strongly in the pursuit of justice. The problem is, his first instinct is always to solve every situation with a big bomb blast...

• Yellow
    Yellow

The sixth eldest of the eight Bomberman Bros.

The constantly cheerful heart of the group. Yellow is very naive, very innocent...and a little bit odd. He's constantly off in his own world, and no matter what dire predicament the Bomberman Bros. may find themselves in, you can be sure that he'll still be keeping himself happily entertained somehow or another.

• Aqua
    Aqua

The little sis of the group, and the second youngest of all the Bomberman Bros.

Aqua is a kind, polite, and gentle young girl, and a devoted pacifist who despises violence of all kinds. Her one true wish is that both her friends and enemies alike will put down their arms and stop fighting...but unfortunately, her timid personality means that she's never really able to speak up and say what she thinks.

However, that's when Aqua ISN'T in a bad mood. If anything ever causes her to lose her temper, she suddenly becomes more fearsome than any of her siblings, transforming into a wild berserker who battles violence with violence.

• Green
    Green

The youngest of the eight Bomberman Bros.

Green is everyone's favorite little bro. He's so cute that everything he does makes the others want to hug and protect him - and none of them are ever able to turn down a request from him, either.

However, this apparent cuteness is not entirely genuine, and behind Green's innocent smile there appears to lurk a ruthlessly calculating and sometimes mean side. Could it be that the others are all being manipulated by Green without even realizing it...?

• Buggler
    Buggler

The arch nemesis of the Bomberman Bros., and the evil mastermind behind recent events. Wickedly mighty and mightily wicked, Buggler is close enough to the physical embodiment of evil itself. Together with his faithful underlings, the Five Dastardly Bombers, he plans to destroy the entire universe.

He possesses characteristics from both organic and robotic life-forms, and is also able to upgrade his own body in order to gain additional power. For his final battle against the Bombermen, it seems he has a startling trick waiting up his sleeve...

• Magnet Bomber
    Magnet Bomber

One of the Five Dastardly Bombers.

Wielding devastating powers of magnetism, Magnet Bomber is able to freely manipulate even the most monstrous of metal masses. He's a troublemaker through-and-through, and loves nothing more than making people sweat.

• Golem Bomber
    Golem Bomber

With an extraordinarily large frame, and the superhuman strength to match, in terms of sheer toughness alone Golem Bomber stands head and shoulders above the other Dastardly Bombers--half-hearted attacks won't even leave a scratch on him.

• Phantom Bomber
    Phantom Bomber

Phantom Bomber is the true brains of the Dastardly Bombers - his guile and cunning are said to exceed even Buggler's. He's a highly adept hacker, and is able to scramble computers and place them under his control.

• Plasma Bomber
    Plasma Bomber

The leader of the Dastardly Bombers, and the most powerful among them.

Plasma Bomber possesses the ability to release electrical bolts that can swiftly turn foes to toast. Despite being aligned with an evil and tyrannical army, he despises underhanded and cowardly measures, and wishes to defeat his enemies in fair contests of strength. This is especially so for White, who he respects as a rival.

• Karaoke Bomber
    Karaoke Bomber

The only female member of the Five Dastardly Bombers.

Selfish, bossy, and condescending, Karaoke Bomber's general temperament is that of a spoiled princess. Not only is she able to mesmerize enemies with her "charming attacks", most fearsome of all is her terrifyingly tone-deaf singing. To make matters worse, she's more proud of her voice than anything, and this can often lead to disastrous results. It seems right that we should spare a thought for her underlings, who must endure her blood-curdling ballads day in and day out.

I really think the bad guys are all going to be unlockable as playable, even the newly named Buggler

• Thumbs Up 4

Ok, got some more portrait profiles for you guys

Red believes that actions speak louder than words and that explosions are the loudest action of all!

40j5Wxg.jpg
When meeting the mighty mind of the Phantom Bomber, it may be best to avoid challenging his intellect and do what Red Bomber does; just keep throwing bombs!

4SZ8M9P.jpg

If you are looking for enthusiasm, meet our Yellow Bomber! Sometimes, having fun is more fun then than blowing stuff up...sometimes!

uO8GDma.jpg
Dastardly glamour star Karaoke Bomber will blow her enemies away with her dramatic style and singing voice!

Aj3vdvO.jpg
If the reward for saving the galaxy was a delicious all you can eat buffet, count Green Bomber as first in line for the job! It takes a lot of energy to be so enthusiastic!

eb7r1wn.jpg

Also love how they all show their personalities via their movement ingame. Also every bit of new footage has been showing improved performance both in loading and framerate

Still hoping the villains are unlockable
  • Thumbs Up 1

Konami and crew are really cramming a lot of personality into this game. The gamplay's still not my cup of tea, but if this leads to another 64/Hero-esque game down the line, I'm all for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Got another one for you guys, Plasma bomber!

Vengeance is dish best served with hot plasma bombs! At least it is when you are this Dastardly Bomber. Being so angry cannot be healthy!

AjD9Pn4.jpg

Got some confirmed finalized details for you guys

http://gonintendo.com/stories/274876-super-bomberman-r-runs-at-30fps-has-online-lobbies

Super Bomberman R runs at 30fps, Has Online Lobbies

27 February, 2017 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 2

170117_bomberman_7.jpg

- runs at 30fps
- runs at the Switch’s full resolution in each mode
- online will be for Battle Mode only
- cooperative Story Mode will not be available online, only locally
- online will utilize matchmaking through lobbies
- connect with random opponents and friends

I'm cool with that

On 1/15/2017 at 1:21 PM, Yoshi said:

I really hope that the shield and rocket power-ups from Bomberman Blast make a return in this game. Those power-ups were really useful and fun to use when you got the hang of them, especially the Rocket.

I had a ton of memories with Bomberman Blast. The 8 player multiplayer was also a ton of fun. I also played the DSiWare bomberman. I'm really looking forward to the Switch Bomberman and hoping it's as fun the Wii/DS games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got a new interview for you guys. some hope for the future too

http://gonintendo.com/stories/274955-konami-on-why-bomberman-is-returning-for-switch-evaluating-other#comments

Konami on why Bomberman is returning for Switch, evaluating other IP for games

28 February, 2017 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 5

BT_00001.png

A portion of a JustPause interview with Konami's Benjamin Kinney...

JP: This is the first new Nintendo-platform Bomberman since 2009’s DSiWare Bomberman Blitz, what was behind the decision to bring Bomberman back for the Nintendo Switch launch?

BK: The Nintendo Switch allows gamers to play wherever, whenever and with whomever, so the team thought it was the perfect time to renew the beloved series based on the platform concept. We believe this game will be fun for everyone – from kids who are new to the Bomberman series to longtime fans.

JP: If Super Bomberman R proves to be successful, can we count on seeing more classic Konami IP – such as Boktai, Goemon, and Suikoden – being revived?

BK: Regardless of Super Bomberman R’s success, we are always evaluating opportunities for all of our IPs.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Long as I also get Bombergirl eventally I'm happy

The Japanese only arcade game? Good luck. 

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The Japanese only arcade game? Good luck. 

It could come to console. Dissedia was arcade only but ps4 version being worked on

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

It could come to console. Dissedia was arcade only but ps4 version being worked on

Oh I'm not implying that there's no hope. I'm just wishing you luck. Trust me,  I know what it feels like waiting for an arcade game to get a port that'll so much as allow you to play it outside of Japan. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's some great news, Konami is going to continue to support and improve the game with further patches.

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/news/#news170316

• Regarding the latency issues during Online Battles (3)

Dear Bomberman Fans,

We are happy to announce a significant upgrade for Super Bomberman R available on Nintendo Switch.

These improvements should greatly refine the game-play, control input and character controls, for both online and offline play.

This is the first of many upcoming updates that will focus on improving the Super Bomberman R play experience.

We appreciate your patience and your continued support..

Stay tuned for more information!

The Super Bomberman R team.

It's dropping in Japan tomorrow for sure, other territories are unknown

Also, it had the best launch of any Bomberman game, and Konami is looking into reviving other classic IPs as well do to it's sucess(likely also on Switch)

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

So, here's some great news, Konami is going to continue to support and improve the game with further patches.

Also, it had the best launch of any Bomberman game, and Konami is looking into reviving other classic IPs as well do to it's sucess(likely also on Switch)

That's good.  still not a 50 dollar purchase good but good. Having a series dormit for 9 years help build want of a new game

10 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

that's good, becuz i jumped online for the first time not too long ago and the experience was kinda trash. Delayed inputs and whatnot. Looking forward to it since I LOOOOOOVE Bomberman

Right after they said that, the patch that is meant to fix the input lag issues has popped up on the eshop servers. Patch notes are as follows.

Ver.1.2 Update Notice

Update Release 03/17/2017 - Contents as below

You can now select the Room Type when you create a room to host an Online Free Battle.
By choosing "Room Number", only players who know the room number can join.

Adjustments have been made to improve the controls.
- Adjustments have been made to reduce the input latency.
- Controls are now more precise to reduce the unintentional direction changes.
- Character speed has been adjusted so players can make quicker and more agile moves
- The characters are now behaving more naturally when in front of a pillar or a block.
- Making a turn while running along a block or a pillar is now easier.
- A kicked bomb can be stopped more precisely.

Control parameters have been improved in order to reduce the lag when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that made the game ignore some button inputs when packet loss occurs.
- The lag felt when planting a bomb has been reduced
- Sudden direction changes are easier to make.

Note, this is only the first patch, and they have promised to support the game with further patches and content

I'm glad that they're supporting the game post launch. I tried the game at a friends house on Thursday, and the controls were hot garbage. My friends were also complaining about input delay and the game overall feeling slippery.

The bombers are still a little slippery, which I guess isn't a huge problem when every one is, but it certainly does hurt those 1v1 fights you have to do against the Dastardly Bombers in story mode. Input delay seems to be completely gone. As typical Bomber Man, it'll be a blast to play with people (though I suck shit at it since I haven't played Bomberman in years)

I have such a love-hate relationship with this game, one minute I think it's a great return to form and the next it frustrates me beyond belief. 

Which is a shame when I actually stop to think about why. Technical hiccups aside, there's nothing inherently wrong with the Story or Battle modes. It's basic Bomberman, after all. But I think my main problem is just the sense of progression - everything in the shop is so friggin' expensive and earning gems is way too laborious. I hate how you get diddly squit for playing local multiplayer and only get a decent payout if you kick ass online or have the patience to replay the story mode a bajillion times. I'm either left with the pathetic 20 gem payout for coming last (inb4 "git gud") or the gamble between playing on a higher difficulty and risking losing what I've already worked hard to earn (seriously, why is the jump for continues on Beginner to Veteran so huge? 10 gems to 300 gems!).

I want to get the most of this game by playing on some of the extra maps and unlockable characters, but as it stands I feel like I can barely even afford to buy one of the silly little accessories without setting me back a good few hours of playtime. I just feel like the game punishes you for not being a master Bomberman player and it totally kills my motivation to keep playing. Ugh.

7 hours ago, Conando said:

The bombers are still a little slippery, which I guess isn't a huge problem when every one is, but it certainly does hurt those 1v1 fights you have to do against the Dastardly Bombers in story mode. Input delay seems to be completely gone. As typical Bomber Man, it'll be a blast to play with people (though I suck shit at it since I haven't played Bomberman in years)

Pro-tip against bosses, either try to get the hand or punch upgrade, then attempt to box them in before the map becomes too open. the alternative is make sure you have max bombs, and then string them in a row a few times. I've managed to beat Magnet bomber a few times now without losing lives

5 hours ago, Doctor MK said:

I have such a love-hate relationship with this game, one minute I think it's a great return to form and the next it frustrates me beyond belief. 

Which is a shame when I actually stop to think about why. Technical hiccups aside, there's nothing inherently wrong with the Story or Battle modes. It's basic Bomberman, after all. But I think my main problem is just the sense of progression - everything in the shop is so friggin' expensive and earning gems is way too laborious. I hate how you get diddly squit for playing local multiplayer and only get a decent payout if you kick ass online or have the patience to replay the story mode a bajillion times. I'm either left with the pathetic 20 gem payout for coming last (inb4 "git gud") or the gamble between playing on a higher difficulty and risking losing what I've already worked hard to earn (seriously, why is the jump for continues on Beginner to Veteran so huge? 10 gems to 300 gems!).

I want to get the most of this game by playing on some of the extra maps and unlockable characters, but as it stands I feel like I can barely even afford to buy one of the silly little accessories without setting me back a good few hours of playtime. I just feel like the game punishes you for not being a master Bomberman player and it totally kills my motivation to keep playing. Ugh.

So in regards to getting gems, playing online you get 100 for first, ~60 for second, 40 for third, 20 for fourth. So, as online gets better it'll improve. Now for Story mode, you get I want to say 20 for each standard upgrade, and 50 for the unique upgrades. Now if you can survive without using a continue you get 300 points, which is a lot more than having a full 9 lives. Now note that's for Easy. Now if you do want to try and get the higher value hard bonus, you may be better off replaying the final boss where it's pretty easy to memorize his patterns.

Now the other tip I've heard could be considered a spoiler

Spoiler

You want to unlock Plasma bomber first, as in story mode you can use the Dastardly bombers' Special bombs, and Plasma's allows you to quickly clear all enemies on a map

Oh and there's another character you can unlock for purchase if you 3-star all worlds in story mode