Awoo.

Super Bomberman R (Nintendo Switch) Coming March 2017 Can Konami Redeem Themselves!?

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Know how they said we're getting more support? Well the first DLC was announced, and it's completely free!

Trailer at 51:09

dlcsuperbombermanr27lzd.png

New Maps and characters

Edit: here's a GIF of the trailer thanks to the guys over on Neogaf

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the game today. It's actually pretty shit.

I'm trying to like it, especially after I was so excited for it, but I honestly can't. It fails to anything better than any previous Bomberman game, and brings nothing new to the table except a questionable voice acting and a terrible camera. I mean, how do you mess up the camera in a top-down grid game? Konami seemed to try their best to make sure that it's not good, by skewing everything at a strange angle and zooming everything in so far that you can't see what's ahead,.if zooming out so far that you can't see your character. Plus the visual style only makes it worse. Walls obscure your view and you get an almost non-existent sense of depth. 

This game sucks. Wow. Fucking hell. I'm actually really angry. 

Oh and I've not even gotten into the stupid money system yet, but I can tell it's going to be bad. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I finally got the game today. It's actually pretty shit.

I'm trying to like it, especially after I was so excited for it, but I honestly can't. It fails to anything better than any previous Bomberman game, and brings nothing new to the table except a questionable voice acting and a terrible camera. I mean, how do you mess up the camera in a top-down grid game? Konami seemed to try their best to make sure that it's not good, by skewing everything at a strange angle and zooming everything in so far that you can't see what's ahead,.if zooming out so far that you can't see your character. Plus the visual style only makes it worse. Walls obscure your view and you get an almost non-existent sense of depth. 

This game sucks. Wow. Fucking hell. I'm actually really angry. 

Oh and I've not even gotten into the stupid money system yet, but I can tell it's going to be bad. 

Your going to be scrapping for money lol XD

Bloody hell. This morning's patch is equal parts impressive and annoying. On the annoying side, it shows how Konami shipped an incomplete products, and that's really abhorrent practice that's far too commonplace these days. It's also still lacking many of the features of previous instalments. But on the impressive side...

The framerate of the entire game has been doubled to 60fps. It's Bomberman, and regardless of visual style it's a simple game and should never have run at just 30fps. I'm surprised that they were able to patch in that much. EDIT: Oh, looks like I jumped the gun. Story mode is still 30fps. Battle mode is significantly improved all, but I don't know why story is clocked. 

They also added in one of the missing features of battle mode - AI difficulty. It's a blanket setting so you can't adjust them individually, but it's still very much appreciated. 

The game still has a totally stupid can graphical style of course. But apparently some changes have been made to story mode to give some camera control and maps have been changed so that areas aren't obscured any more.

When a game gets a patch this big, it speaks volumes about the initial state of it upon release. But the patch had made the game a lot better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Now this will be fun

http://gonintendo.com/stories/278551-konami-reveals-gradius-castlevania-and-silent-hill-content-for-s

Twitter share Facebook share

KONAMI REVEALS GRADIUS, CASTLEVANIA AND SILENT HILL CONTENT FOR SUPER BOMBERMAN R

21 April, 2017 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 7

tumblr_ooqv1uAAKM1s2z1y6o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_ooqv1uAAKM1s2z1y6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ooqv1uAAKM1s2z1y6o2_1280.jpg

Konami has revealed that Super Bomberman R is going to get some Gradius, Castlevania and Silent Hill-themed characters in a future update. No word on when this content will be available, but we'll be sure to keep you posted

• Thumbs Up 1

I laughed when I saw "Belmont Bomber", but holy shit, "Pyramid Head Bomber" looks ridiculous

I'd rather have a bubble nurse bomber. Nice for the support. If they fixed the cheesy boss a.i and the gold payout ie be ok. Still hoping one day to get another generations or jetters type game

46 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'd rather have a bubble nurse bomber. Nice for the support. If they fixed the cheesy boss a.i and the gold payout ie be ok. Still hoping one day to get another generations or jetters type game

The boss AI has been made significantly more managable, even on expert difficulty. Gold payouts are still shite though.

I've actually played a little bit of Super Bomberman this week in a local gaming store. It was also my first experience with the Switch, and holy shit this console is tiny. I don't have big hands, and still felt weird to hold the controler. It looks like a toy o.o

As for the game, well... I'm a fan of Bomberman, always have since the NES days, and let me tell ya that this one sucks balls. It's not unplayable by any means, it's just... not good. Like Blue Blood said, there's nothing new. The camera is weirdly placed and I don't know WHY it is. I tried to find a button to change the view, or to at least keep it STEADY, but nothing... The graphics are nice, but I'm not a huge fan of the "cartoon characters in a realistic environment", but that's just me. Characters animations are cute and well made, and I saw a boss battle that looked nice, but that camera man.

I think the last great Bomberman game was Ultra... Hopefully Konami won't do like Capcom and forget about him, Bomberman has great potential and he's an iconic character, with even some good spin-off game if I dare say (you know in your heart that Fantasy Race is awesome).

@Jango As of today's patch, the camera has been largely improved. In the story mode, it no longer has an awkward skew to the left or right. By default, it's now centred and you can adhust it with L/R. It's a welcome change indeed, but it's still not perfect. It's strangely zoomed in and out  at intervals for no real reason and not high up enough, meaning it's still possible for things to get obscured from view. You often can't see over half of the maps at once. The boss battles really suffer from it, especially the boss of world 2. But I'm saying that, the bosses are just really poorly designed regardless of the camera. 

The camera in battle mode is, for some stupid reason, not fixed in place by default. You have to go in to the settings and set it to fixed. I've no idea why they designed it that way. 

If they would fix the wonky enemy a.i and bosse battles view points I'd be ok. Fix the currency and I'd be happy.  to often I'll get a cheap death from a enemy looking at me and pacing back and forth 6 times to suddenly decide hmm I want to walk left now for no reason

• 4 months later...

New bomber r characters, mode(3vs3) and game feature called crystal

https://www.twitter.com/bomberman573/status/910717026934460416

The following content has been revealed for a future update to Super Bomberman R.

- ‘Grand Prix’ mode allowing for 3-on-3 battles 
- ‘Crystal’ rule which sounds similar to ‘Rainmaker’ in Splatoon 
- three new Bombers: ‘Reiko Hinomoto Bomber’ (from Rumble Roses), ‘Anubis Bomber’ and ‘Jehuty Bomber’ (both from Zone of the Enders)

Konami also announced that there will be an official soundtrack release for Super Bomberman R, which will launch sometime in December.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290772-super-bomberman-r-3-new-characters-revealed-grand-prix-mode-an

DKOEQGjUMAAfPsq?format=jpgDKOEQGnVwAAFMay?format=jpgDKOEQGeVoAATYmp?format=jpg

also currency was fixed awhile ago, u can earn it in regular multiplayer now

DKODMHEVwAEJ4tP.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, someone at Konami remembers Rumble Roses.
Next you're gonna tell me they'll have bombers based on Boktai, Suikoden and Rocket Knight.

• 2 weeks later...
Dracula is the villain of the new mode and more deets

The Grand Prix mode allows teams of up to three players to compete against each other head to head on. These strategic battles will have new rule-sets, unique new stages, new characters and special skills.

The two teams will battle it out to see who can collect the most crystals strewn around the stage. Make your opponents drop their crystals and then steal them! You have to work together, teamwork is a must!

- if you’re defeated, the crystal scatters, so you or opponent need to take it back 
- whoever has most crystals on each team shows the crown icon over their head 
- this mode will be part of the next update due in Nov. 
- seems more updates will be coming in the future as well, but specifics were not given

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Turns out there's even MORE to this update! Not only is it adding NINE new playable characters (Including Dracula Bomber, fan-favorite Goemon Bomber and the unexpected Princess Tomato Bomber), but also a new world to the Story Mode!

Gotta say, It's REALLY nice to see this game getting so much free support post-launch. Makes me really happy that It's one of the games that I'm getting with my Switch.

• Nice Smile 1

29 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

When does this stuff come out though

Came out this morning actually, also here's the character lineup

SuperBomerman1510757395514_original.jpg

Oh wow. Just loaded up my Super Bomberman R.

Spoiler

The new world is Planet Bomber and takes place after the story, complete with voiced cut-scenes like the rest of story mode.