Awoo.

Super Bomberman R (Nintendo Switch) Coming March 2017 Can Konami Redeem Themselves!?

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

I sold the game a while back during Gamestop's huge buyback sale prices, bought ARMS (and a few other things) in exchange for it, and I never touched ARMS since then. I still want to, I just haven't gotten around to it.

All these new updates look really cool, though, especially the new World you can play as. I like that idea. I may consider picking it up again at some point. I'm sure Gamestop has a few copies lying around used. But it all depends as well. I did get pretty bored of the original.

• 3 months later...

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/super-bomberman-r-coming-ps4-xbox-one-pc-june

The game is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC this year's June, with one themed exclusive character per system:
*Ratchet & Clank Bomber for the PS4 version
*Master Chief Bomber for the Xbox One version
*P-Body Bomber (one of the co-op Portal 2 robots) for the PC version

This is going to flop on other platforms. SBR is easily the worst game in the series, and it performed so well on Switch because the only other game worth buying at launch was Zelda. If the game released now instead, it wouldn't make a ripple. It's such a shame too, because Bomberman is so simple and proven, that screwing up the gameplay means really not even pretending to care. And yet Konami screwed up...

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I liked jetters and generations lol

I liked Jetters. I dunno if I ever got Generations... But still, IMO, the funnest I've had in Bomberman was Bomberman 64 and Second Attack.

I've actually never played those two. But I've played most other games in the series, and frankly adore Bomberman. It's just that this game is pants.

4 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I liked Jetters. I dunno if I ever got Generations... But still, IMO, the funnest I've had in Bomberman was Bomberman 64 and Second Attack.

was great. If you liked jetters stick with it. The controls were a tad better being as gen was the prequel but both were fun

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I've actually never played those two. But I've played most other games in the series, and frankly adore Bomberman. It's just that this game is pants.

If you ever see the try them out

• 2 months later...

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/super-bomberman-r-ps4-and-xbox-one-guest-character-voice-actor-trailers-switch-version-to-add-max

Aside from showcasing that Ratchet & Clank and Master Chief will retain their original VAs, the Switch is getting exclusively not a Nintendo-themed character, but Max, a veteran of the Bomberman franchise.

• 3 weeks later...

Smash isn't the only place where Snake is making a comeback. Just released in an update today are two different Snake Bombers, both played by David Hayter. In addition, even more characters are included like Bomber versions of Bill and Lance from Contra, Raiden, Ebisumaru, and more.

Plus, for Switch players, both their exclusive character and the Xavier Woods Bomber are available through this update, so needless to say, I gotta get to downloading this!

• Way Past Cool 1

This is really cool. The support that this game is getting is fantastic, and I'm so glad that Konami is finally seeing the potential in Bomberman after they pretty much snuffed the series following their buy-out of Hudson.

It's just a shame that Super Bomberman R continues to be shit.

So Metal Gear (Both Snakes, Riden), Contra, Castlevania (Simon, Dracula), Silent Hill,  Gradius, but also Portal, Halo and Ratchet & Clank.

Wow, Konami made their own Super Bomb Bros. Now just add Alucard & Bonk and the roster is complete.