• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red Hot Jack

• Salamander

• Mando-Whirl-Wind

• error1

Top Posters In This Topic

The visual style is incredible; it looks like a tiny diorama with paper figures.  Hard to say much more about it than that right now, but I'm really glad we're in the days where there's no longer quite such a race for the most hyperrealistic graphics, and there's a spectrum of legitimate graphical choices beyond the AAA.

...I wonder what happened to Bravely Third, though, since Bravely Second left an open plot hook for it.

• 1 year later...

Okay I finally found this thread, I'm getting stuck on Ophilia's chapter one and its boss, it has been a week now. What can I do to beat those pesky wisps and survive? I've tried everything, I levelled up to 13, I have 4 travelers including Alfyn, Therion, H'Aanit and Ophilia, I also recruited the healer from her village, I used fire, light attacks and Ophilia's staff against those wisps, and they still explode. I tried dealing with them one by one or together, still doesn't work. I'm stuck in the village until I complete this chapter, I can't go further, it'd be a pity to abandon the game now, I'll try to start a new file and avoid Ophilia perhaps. Any tips?

If you do start over, my impression from the demo - yep, I'm only just starting the real game, too - is that Chapter One bosses scale according to how many party members you have; so if you were to start with Ophilia or even tackle her second (I think that's what I did), her boss would be much easier; but whoever you do next will still be a challenge.

4 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Okay I finally found this thread, I'm getting stuck on Ophilia's chapter one and its boss, it has been a week now. What can I do to beat those pesky wisps and survive? I've tried everything, I levelled up to 13, I have 4 travelers including Alfyn, Therion, H'Aanit and Ophilia, I also recruited the healer from her village, I used fire, light attacks and Ophilia's staff against those wisps, and they still explode. I tried dealing with them one by one or together, still doesn't work. I'm stuck in the village until I complete this chapter, I can't go further, it'd be a pity to abandon the game now, I'll try to start a new file and avoid Ophilia perhaps. Any tips?

You don't kill the wisps you kill the boss. If you go for the wisps it's a waste of time anyway since all they can do is blow up (they won't actually attack you or anything until the detonation) so try and kill the boss as fast as you can. Funny you also have the same party members I had by the time I got to her story, did you pick Alfyn as your first traveller too?

10 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

You don't kill the wisps you kill the boss. If you go for the wisps it's a waste of time anyway since all they can do is blow up (they won't actually attack you or anything until the detonation) so try and kill the boss as fast as you can. Funny you also have the same party members I had by the time I got to her story, did you pick Alfyn as your first traveller too?

Alfyn, yeah he was my first traveler! Thanks for the tip, I think you are right, the wisps are a waste of time, when I kill one the guardian creates another one.