Awoo.

Mary Tyler Moore Has Passed At 80

The Chairman Of The Board

This topic is to remember the comedic genius of Mary Tyler Moore who has passed today at the age of 80. Details of her death have not been announced yet. She started her career in "The Dick Van Dyke Show" having a successful 5 year run where she portrayed housewife and mother Laura Petrie, and then going on to star in her own show in 1970 "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" which ran for 7 years. She portrayed a woman in her 30's going through single life while she worked as an associate producer at WJM-TV News. She was a great actress and will be missed dearly. 

There has been an update. She died from cardiopulmonary arrest because of pneumonia

She lived longer than a lot of people before her who passed away. 

No doubt she lived well before her death. Rest in peace.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aww. She had a good run. Frankly, there have been so many fake reports of her passing over the past 15 years that it doesn't have as much as an impact as it normally would.

Still, I recall enjoying her body of work when I was a kid. And one can't deny the impact she had on women in the entertainment industry. RIP to the first woman who wore pants on TV.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, The Jolly Chairman said:

@PC the Hedgehog is that a fact?? I knew she wore those Capri pants but I didn't know she was the first woman to wear pants on TV. 

I...think so? If not, she was the first to rock pants regularly on TV.

• Thumbs Up 1

@PC the Hedgehog That's for sure. She looked great in those pants. Thinking about it now I think Audrey Meadows wore a pair of pants as part of a fishing suit in an episode of The Honeymooners.