Awoo.

Square Enix/Marvel Games

AlphaRuby

On 1/25/2018 at 4:03 AM, Jango said:

Holy shit, literally almost a year later and still nothing about this game :V

This is square we’re talking about here. Did you honestly expect anything else?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Can we get something like Ultimate Alliance 3 please? It's such an easy formula to work with, just throw in as many Marvel characters you can, and take them on a universe sprawling adventure with RPG elements. I really miss when Marvel made video games more often.

Oh, and don't leave the X-Men out of this. :mad: It's due time they get to be in Marvel video games again, I'm sick of all the MCU pandering. 

• 1 year later...

One and a half year later, it seems this thing is still alive:

Similar to the FFVII Remake news, we can only wait and see at E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is my most antecipated game for E3. Seeing as it's called Marvel's Avengers puts a smile on my face. Consistency. Maybe, just maybe, it connects to Marvel's Spider-man? 

Oh man. Please be great.

Took long enough, let's hope it's good.

It's weird they aren't announcing it at their proper show though, since the conferences aren't starting til the 11th according to the news.

BTW, if the leaked info is anything to go by, this will be an open world kind game like The Witcher, Dark Souls and such. It will have RPG elements, such as upgrades and side missions and apparently, it's mostly online focused. You'll pick your favorite Avenger and assemble online with your friends.

I think it's great in concept, but making it online is always a risk. It could work perfectly and be really really awesome, or don't work at all like SW Battlefront.

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

BTW, if the leaked info is anything to go by, this will be an open world kind game like The Witcher, Dark Souls and such. It will have RPG elements, such as upgrades and side missions and apparently, it's mostly online focused. You'll pick your favorite Avenger and assemble online with your friends.

I think it's great in concept, but making it online is always a risk. It could work perfectly and be really really awesome, or don't work at all like SW Battlefront.

If that part where I bolded at is true, then COUNT. ME. OUT. I'll just stick with the upcoming Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order and Marvel's Spiderman as my Marvel games. Me and online only focused games don't get along.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

I wish the game to play similar to Marvel's Spider-man, but with the online part to SPICE things up, but not being the main ingredient. You're free to explore a city area (which could be only ONE of the places available) as an Avenger of your choice. There will be crimes and shit happening in real time, as well as a main story to follow (apparently, there's a writer from Uncharted 4 involved). As you progress, you'll meet and assemble with other Avengers, which if you're playing offline, will roam around doing their thing (AI controlled), kinda like GTA V. You'll be able to switch to any of them at any moment and play as them (again, like GTA), or call them to aid you in missions and battles. And that's how it goes. But, if you're playing online, the other Avengers will be human players instead. There could rooms where the game pairs you with players at the same level and progress, and you can play and complete the game together. Maybe max the room to 6 players? 

That's just my idea. But I think it will be more like an online open-world RPG with hopefully a single player campaign with local or online co-op.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to play

Spoiler

this Destiny skin

Spoiler

Ugh, don't be a Destiny clone

If this is more Games-as-a-Service stuff, I'll still happily play this. Even without gameplay, I'm interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate it. I hate when they do this. Cinematic trailers. Fuck this. Show the gameplay, this has been in the oven since 2017. Damn it SE.

12 hours ago, Jango said:

I hate it. I hate when they do this. Cinematic trailers. Fuck this. Show the gameplay, this has been in the oven since 2017. Damn it SE.

There was!

Albeit, little 1 second sprinkles...

• 1 month later...

FINALLY. Looks decent, if a bit a scripted. Thor's gameplay really ressembles Kratos' in the new GoW, which is nice.

Miss Marvel is also seen at 4:24 of part 2, wearing a Captain Marvel shirt.

• 1 month later...

All right, no more leaked bits and pieces. This is the real deal-- full gameplay of the A-Day prologue.

• 1 month later...

The Avengers game's sixth playable character and main protagonist has been unveiled.

Meet Kamala Khan... better known as Ms. Marvel. She's working to get the Avengers back together after the disaster that was A-Day.

• 4 weeks later...