Awoo.

Favorite Sonic era

shadowfan94

My favourite would probably have to be the "Classic era". I sadly missed out on most of this time as it was happening, since I was born at around the time of Sonic & Knuckles and as I grew up the only Sonic cartoon that was on air was Underground. Not only do I like the games and characters from this time, but the side content as well. I can always get a kick out of things like SATAM, AOSTH, the early Archie Sonic issues and the UK chapter books from the time. I also find the what can be found of the fan community, from websites from the early days to fan games, very charming.

My close second favourite is the "Adventure era" (or the time-span in which Ryan Drummond happened to be playing Sonic). There's a lot for me to like here in terms of quality games. Two of my favourites - Sonic Adventure and Sonic Battle, as well as the fun that's in SA2 and the Advance series, and that game I want to love - Sonic Heroes. There's less going on here with side content unless you count Sonic X, which is heavily rooted in these games, but the games being put out are good enough for me to mind :P

Not really the subject of the thread, but my personal least favourite era has to be "the time-span in which Jason Griffith happened to be playing Sonic" - aka. the years that brought us the likes of ShTH and Sonic '06. The less said about that, the better ;)