Awoo.

Sonic Music In Unusual Places

Legendary Emerald

Kind of a spur of the momment topic, I know. But the fact of the matter is that Sonic music has appeared in more places than we have probably noticed. We already know that two Crush 40 tracks have made their way onto Hard Rock compilation discs (courtesty of Melodic Rock.com), but what else is there?

To start of the topic, just yesterday I was watching the Independent Film Channel (best channel EVER) and they were playing a japanese live action movie called "Never Know". It was a touching story about four children who were abandoned by their mother in an apartment, and I actually would recommend watching it (especially if you are a women, which I am not).

But back on topic, there was a point in the movie were the kids were going to an arcade, and tons of garble videogame music could be heard. But as soon as the door opened, one song rang out clearly amongst the others. Sonic 1's "Starlight Zone" theme could be heard for about ten seconds, in all it's genesis midi glory.

Now, share any moments you've encountered.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indigo Rush

• Legendary Emerald

• Flyboy Fox

• BlazingTales

I'm sure I found Green Hill Zone's music inside Dreams of an Absolution... but that probably doesn't count, as it's Sonic music IN Sonic music. :P

Once I walked into Gamestation, and they had Sonic 1 music playing! =O It totally shocked me, I certainly wasn't expecting this. XD

I was in this clothes shop once, and there was this song which was playing which sounded EXACTLY like Escape From The City, only slightly different, it was so weird.

I think that's all I can remember for now.

I've had it on two occasions.

1. i walked into Blockbusters to buy my Mum a Dvd, and playing over the speakers was "knight of the Wind". me and my brother spazzed out.

2. I was having a stroll down the clyde canal (in Scotland for those who don't know) and a girl passes me with her ipod way up. She was listening to "I am, All of Me." again i spazzed out.

Its so awesome to find Sonic in places I don't expect! i laugh so hard.

My local gas station has a Cash Register/computer that does

the ring sound when you push a button on the screen.

I've seen more than one gas station the has that

Ohmigosh, I'm not alone! I went on vacation a few weeks ago and stopped for gas, I went inside to pay and the cashregister made the ring sound when the cashier pressed a button (it also made the Mario growing sound when it opened a closed). I did a double take, I just thought I had just played too many video games! I'm so glad I'm not insaine!! :lol:

I've had it on two occasions.

1. i walked into Blockbusters to buy my Mum a Dvd, and playing over the speakers was "knight of the Wind". me and my brother spazzed out.

2. I was having a stroll down the clyde canal (in Scotland for those who don't know) and a girl passes me with her ipod way up. She was listening to "I am, All of Me." again i spazzed out.

Its so awesome to find Sonic in places I don't expect! i laugh so hard.

1. They were probably playing one of the trailers for the game on a television set, trying to advertise and get people to rent the game. The Hollywood Video by me does that all the time; I remember walking in one time and hearing the Smash Bros Brawl song.

2. I met a girl who really liked "Escape From The City" one time, and my old friend Justin was the only person I'd met who had as big an infatuation with Crush 40 as I did. All of my other friends I've had to introduce the band to.

I was in this clothes shop once, and there was this song which was playing which sounded EXACTLY like Escape From The City, only slightly different, it was so weird.

!! I've heard that song playing in a clothes shop, too... how weird! What IS that song?

!! I've heard that song playing in a clothes shop, too... how weird! What IS that song?

Come to think of it... I think I recall something like that too... very weird.

I knew I wasn't crazy!

Well, at a local Ben and Jerry's, the employees can play their own music from their iPod, and frequently there are some cool remixes of classic Sonic songs and some hub music from Unleashed.

Actually, this is my doing, because I work there. ;D

Congrates on the Sonic remix tracks, but I think I'd feel the need to rob your store blind if I walked in and was forced to hear one of Sonic Unleashed's tracks.

Umm, not really a SONIC song, but remember Ted Poley? Singer of "Lazy Days", "Escape From the City", "We Can", and "Race to Win"? I was listening to a classic rock station one day, and they played his song "Naughty Naughty" from his old 80's hair band days with "Danger DangeR".

Congrates on the Sonic remix tracks, but I think I'd feel the need to rob your store blind if I walked in and was forced to hear one of Sonic Unleashed's tracks.

Hate to derail the topic, but... what exactly do you mean by that? It's the hub music, which is essentially ambiance from Europe, Greece, the Middle East, China and so on. And jazz. If you don't like music from around the world, you're pretty shallow, no offense.

Hate to derail the topic, but... what exactly do you mean by that? It's the hub music, which is essentially ambiance from Europe, Greece, the Middle East, China and so on. And jazz. If you don't like music from around the world, you're pretty shallow, no offense.

I love music from around the world, but I didn't care for Unleashed's hub music either. It sounded more like elevator music than actual world music. Let's not go calling people shallow just for having a preference, eh? ;)

I love music from around the world, but I didn't care for Unleashed's hub music either. It sounded more like elevator music than actual world music. Let's not go calling people shallow just for having a preference, eh? ;)

Mkay. I still want to hear his reason, though. Besides, the music fits the mood. It's not like I should play Speed Highway in an ice cream shop! lol

But yeah, sorry for calling you shallow, Legend. :(

Benjamin Heckendorn, the guy who made the PSp and all those Xbox 360 laptops, has a podcast. Each one has a humorous intro. In one of them, he did a "It's a Wonderful Life" parody about a loser type guy who lives in his parent's basement and runs a Half Life (and variants thereof) clan. At some point, the angel takes them into the past using the "Past!" sound effect from Sonic CD. This took me by surprise, because I thought that Ben Heck didn't care for Sonic, because when he was talking about the pack in game that came with 360 arcades (Sega Superstar Tennis), and he sarcastically called it "Sonic's Amazing Tennis Adventure". I guess he only cares for the good Sonic games.

One time, I was watching Korean starcraft videos (don't look at me like that). Every match, they take two or three minutes to introduce the competitors, usually with some form of edgy, mood-setting semi-rock playing before they actually get the game going.

One time, that music was the Sonic/Shadow boss BGM from SA2. I almost died laughing, because the first thing that I thought of was Sonic in an RTS, where you have to wait patiently for units to be built.

Well...I have a few Sonic tracks on my CD in my car. Imagine going down the road listening to "Can't hold on much longer but I can never let go! Open your heart it's gonna be alriiiiight!"

Yeah. Now I feel red in the face. o.o;

......... if you've seen some crazy girl humming/singing Knight Of The Wind that was probably me. xP

In an attempt to attract Sonic Fans, no less. XD

Ah! I know about the cash register sound! I remember when I went into the first Exxon station I'd ever been in back in 2006 and when I was still a Sonic fan and heard the ring. I leaped for joy, literally, and brought all my friends to hear the Ring sound.

Now, in 2009, I cringe when I walk into Exxon Mobile to get a slushy and gas and have to hear one of my dumb ass friends shoot off about how that sound is from Sonic the Hedgehog.

Honestly, I never really hear any Sonic music around here. Considering I was the last of any fans around these parts I've come to terms with it. Also made it very easy to horde merch... anyone want a copy of Sonic? I'm suffocating in plastic here >_>.

Oh this is an easy one for me.

It was a school dance during my sophomore year in High School, and I guess one of the kids must of asked for a song or the DJ just had it or something, because one of the last things I ever expected to hear at my school started playing.

"Sweet Sweet", Amy's theme from Sonic Adventure.

...I really wanted to bang my head against something at that very moment.

Edited by Rice Golem