Awoo.

Who else fondly remembers Sonic Spriters Network?

Hero of Legend

Hero of Legend

http://web.archive.org/web/20051229032029/http://ssn.sonicstadium.org/

I'd like to take this moment to thank @Roareye Black and crew for helping to create a fantastic Sonic sprite database that long predated Spriter's Resource (for Sonic fans at least). My time with the site was back in 2005 and 2006.

The site's no longer around, even after it was later changed to Sonic Showcase Network (though I myself never saw it in that form), but I just wanted to give a shout out to Roareye and the site because I actually couldn't put my finger on what that site was that I got my sprites from back in the day, until a day or so ago when I used Wayback Machine to look for it. I found it in the Ye 'Olde Sonic Stadium home page when the site was a sort of family network of sites, remember those days? :P

Thanks for the memories. :) What about you guys? Come share your thoughts and memories here!

I mostly remember going there for, obviously, Sonic sprites sheets. XP - It was an invaluable resource for that back in that day.  I never got involved in the community or anything, but it was an invaluable resource and was kind of sad to see it go.

Holy halibut what a blast from the past. :blink:

That's a name I truly haven't heard in years. I got some great mileage out of that site way back.

Oh, I remember Roareye Black! This site inspired me to make my first ever OC characters. (They were recolors, emphasis on the were).