Awoo.

Bombergirl

Meta77

I don't know about you all but I'm excited lol. It looks cute

*more info soon I'm at work. * but around 10 characters and each has special  moves they can use as you gain experience. Atm it's just arcade

tmp_29744-Bombergirl-Ann-Arcade_004-1918503468.jpg

Matches are 4v4, and losing a match causes your Bombergirl’s clothes to shred, naturally, meaning the losing team can take solace in seeing some anime boob.

Courtesy of Polygon. Sigh. Why Bomberman? I mean, they are actually making a faithful game in Bomberman R, but I guess Konami have to balance it out with something bloody awful.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't say I'm too impressed with the whole thing. The girls look cute and all but Bombergirl's friendmies look like they came from different franchises that were scrapped and then got plonked into this game because someone thought it would be a waste to let their designs rot away in storage. Plus the whole remove clothes via battle damage thing has gotten way over done as a mechanic and since bomberman was usually aimed at kids it makes the whole thing look like even more of a cheap cash grab.

I do like robot maid's colour scheme though.  Apron looks daft as hell and only there to be rekted sadly.

• Thumbs Up 4

"I wish Komani would make new Bomberman games!"

giphy.gif

(With that said, it could had been worse. Can you envision the fallout if Super Bomberman R didn't exist and this was the only new Bomberman game on the horizon?...)

• Thumbs Up 4

49 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Courtesy of Polygon. Sigh. Why Bomberman? I mean, they are actually making a faithful game in Bomberman R, but I guess Konami have to balance it out with something bloody awful.

SO it's a poor man's Senran Kagura.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

*sigh*

I liked the idea to some extent until I heard this. This just kills it. Burn it.

I'll take Super Bomberman R over this schlock anyday.  21st Century Japan's habit of perving everything went from funny/cute to creepy/disturbing a long time ago!  

Also speaking of Bomberman, would love to see a Virtual Consle version of Bomberman 64 someday.

Looking at gameplay videos it plays just like bomberman. Except you don't die you just lose life and the experience you built up. More expensive means bigger blast zone I think. Serious it looks like bomberman and plays l8ke it. It just has animated boobs. So I will not hate it until I can try it. Never liked pre judging a game without trying it out

15 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

SO it's a poor man's Senran Kagura.

But seran is actually a good game with good controls

From anime news network.  better written than just posting the word boob in Thier write up

Konami Amusement announced its four-versus-four cooperative battle arcade game Bombergirl at Japan Amusement Expo 2017 on Friday. The game is playable at the event, which is being held at Chiba's Makuhari Messe convention center from February 10 to February 12.

Konami describes the game:

As Bombergirl, not Bomberman, this is an enjoyable new title with new game elements that is not only fun to play, it is also fun to watch.

Based on the block-destroying gameplay of Bomberman, Bombergirl tasks players with destroying the opposing team's base before the other team in four-versus-four cooperative battles. By adding new game properties such as this, it is not only fun to play, it is also fun to watch. And with the button that pops out at the end, a match of Bombergirl is a sight worth seeing.

By raising strong and cute Bombergirls, you can make use of not only bombs, but various other skills. You can proceed through the match with the upper hand by strategically using skills. Bombergirl will have exciting matches that you can't take your eyes off until the very end.

Reminds me of Medalot/Medabots; the recent games started using those type of artist/designers for their human characters, and I think the newest one had all the main characters female where the loser get’s their clothes ripped off. Digimon went a similar route, or that’s what I feel looking at the character art & design...

It’s sad that the company think the only way to revive an old game is to add fanservice. At least they're also releasing Super Bomberman R. I don’t know if it’s cheaper to make them, but I’m sure they’re too lazy to think of more new & fun mechanics to put in. Also it’s probably easier, or they believe it is, to lure in new people (especially those who think Bomberman isn’t fun) with bait.

I don't see it as bait. If they want to try something different it's Thier iPhone. They have every right to. New fans never hurt plus most I've seen playing online are girls

• 2 months later...

Some more images of the main characters

char_03_l.png

char_04_l.png

char_02_l.png

char_01_l.png

and their specials. Seems the rest are to big

char_01_r.png