Awoo.

If You Could Add One Character From The Cartoons or Comics To The Games, Who Would It Be!?

SonicComicFanboy

If you could pick any one single character from any of the Sonic Cartoons or Comics to add to the games, which one would you choose?

If I had to pick I would probably go with...

Uncle Chuck: SEGA may not want Sonic to have Parents but having an uncle as an NPC support character could work if done right.  If they ever have another sonic game with a hub world perhaps you could visit Uncle Chucks chili-dog stand to trade rings for extra power-ups & what-not.

Other then that I honestly think Villians like Snivley, Nagus or the Fleetway Brotherhood of Metalix could work in a game.  I mean seriously, fighting an army of rouge Metal Sonics in a boss fight would be pretty neat.  And if they used Nagus current magic Troll & brother to Wendy Witchcraft origin they could fit him into the games just fine.  And Snivley being a mad scientist pretending to work for G.U.N. wouldn't be anything too crazy either.

But that's just my opinion.  How about you guys?  What characters do you think would be fun to see added to the games!?

• Thumbs Up 1

I would say Sticks, but since she's been hinted at being part of the official franchise now, I'll go with Zooey from Sonic Boom. She makes such a cute love interest for Tails. 

Mine wouldn't be a character than it would be a group--I'd vouch for the Egg Boss from the comics being in the games because I for one would love Eggman to have some loyal, flesh and blood people on his side with his robot army helping him to conquer the world.

No, I'm not saying that just because of Conquering Storm. But to expand the rogue group more evenly so it isn't just Eggman on his own against a cast of 12+ superpowered heroes.

Tho if I had to go with one, I guess I'd be at a loss.

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably Doctor Zachary from the Fleetway comic, though I don't know that he'd fit particularly well into the present Eggman-only villain structure.  All the intrigue of echidna backstory with the tragedy of the only other echidna being a villain... and also without there being millions of them or having Ken Penders's hands anywhere near it.  I think he'd make a good secondary villain in a story sometime.

Other than that... Nack the Weasel?  (Come on, he's more or less a comic-source character by n ow.)  I think he'd make a good foil to Rouge - a thief with no heart of gold whatsoever.  Somebody Eggman could hire to get some piece of dirty work done while Sonic's distracted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sticks definitely feels like she'd go just fine into the main canon with a bit of fine tuning.  Though honestly can I swap my one original character for just... Team Dark and Silver get their much more appealing writing/personality from the comics? Lol.

Alternatively, Dr. Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.  No, not replacing Eggman, in addition to.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I'm good as we are. My fav characters like Elias or Honey would have no place in games as they are (plus I want this screen time for Metal, Shadow, Rouge, etc)

If I have to, I guess Finitevus. 1 He's cool 2 He's lost to reboot, so I'll save him 3 His existence alone would force Sega to take Knuckles more seriously.

My second pick would be any any Eggman servant. Eggbosses, Phage, Metamorphia (she would need a redesign though), anyone to make Egg Army more colorful.

Meh, if I could pick any character from the comics or past cartoons who would I choose?

To be frankly honest, none of them. I don't really feel the need to add other characters from different media into the main series, notliketheyusemostofthemaincastnowadayslmao

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm tempted to say Dr Quark. He was only in one episode of AoSth but he was a neat idea. I like the idea of Eggman having a rival villain, and not just a standard usurper whose more sinister and powerful (but far less durable) than him in every way, an egotistical, childish bumbler just like him who bickers and confronts him constantly. Since Eggman at this point is almost as goofy as AoSth Robotnik little chemistry would be lost in the transition either.

I'd REALLY like to Sally, I'd love to see her in the games done right, but since not even the media that DOES use her often succeeds in that, I think she is too dangerous to put in, especially if one of the game writers gets too over attached to her like for the cartoons and comics and she becomes a black hole to the rest of the universe.

i would say the egg bosses as well, (pls don't ask me to pick up just one)

the idea of eggman having an actual empire that hold some significant territory and is a real, constant threat have never been explored in a good way in the games, (despite it being namely addressed "Eggman Empire" , it has never been explored as a concept), so he having the egg bosses by his side (willing or unwilling) would be interesting.

If I had full reign and just went with who I wanted outright, I'd have a whole list of rept...characters I could possibly want.

But when trying to think about those who could fit in with the game's established setting and elements, it becomes really, really hard. 

-A lot of heroic characters over other media are counted out, since nearly every prior Western non-Boom show and comic (bar AoStH) work off the premise that Sonic is a Freedom Fighter and that there are other bands of Freedom Fighter groups and individuals around. 

-Villains are a bit easier, but even that has caveats. The lackey role so common to most alternate branches got filled the moment SA-55 came into being (and super-filled when that became Orbot and Cubot), and you can't have the Egg Bosses or DRAT because Eggman's Empire just doesn't work that way (plus he doesn't seem to have any actual anthros in his employ, he just works with them from time to time). 

-The most clear solution to me, therefore, is that the ones who have the best chance of actually fitting are the more independent villains not attached to Eggman...but even that's kinda shaky given what there is left. Walter Naugus is a magic user, where the games don't actually have that much in the way of magic elements, at least not in a way that Naugus uses it (most of it is restricted to the storybooks, and then either the power of the Chaos Emeralds or a god imbuing its power on an individual (and even that power isn't especially active, is it Elise)). Verruca works fine when Sonic is a more powerful alter-ego of a normal boy, but not when even upsetting a six year old girl is liable to land you in the hospital. Really, something like Psi's suggestion of Dr Quark or some similar rival to Eggman is pretty much the safest bet because throwing in someone like that doesn't really clash with anything (except maybe Nega, but he's less of a rival and more a heartless psychopath who wants Eggman dead). Alternatively, a work-for-hire like Fang or Rouge (at least, that's how she seemed in SA2 at first before her actual motives were revealed) could potentially slot in provided they were flexible with what they do. Can't think of any characters like that right now. 

That, or something like Metal Amy, but with not even Metal Knuckles being used I don't know if they'd want to go there. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It would be neat to see the Egg bosses incorporated into the games, though you would have to work hard on making them work as bosses IMO, the Sonic games have a bad habit of making non-robot characters either way to easy or way to hard as bosses.  I thought Shadow in SA2 was way too easy to beat and Silver in 06 was aggravatingly hard!   They would have to find a nice balance for the Egg-bosses and make them a challenge without making them as annoying as Silver in 06. XD

As for the Freedom Fighters, I think they could work in the games as NPC'S, maybe as characters that help you along in a level like how Sonic, Rouge etc would help you out in Shadow the Hedgehog,  Antioine & Bunnie could help fight extra enemies, Sally could use Nicole to hack & open Doors in Eggman's bases/carriers,etc.  And  Rotor could be like Peppy and tell you when to do a Barrel Roll XD.

But yea, it would be nice to see Nagus in the games as the series doesn't have any reoccurring Magic users.  Just put him and the redesigned Wendy Witchcraft in and you could have a nice evil-Magic to counter balance Robotnik's evil Science.

And yea it is just a shame they don't use Nack in the games anymore, I agree he would be a good foil for Rouge. Heck just put all of Team Hooligan in there, Bean & Bark need some love too!

I’d say it depend on whether the characters has to be exactly the same or close to the original counterpart.

In the comic most of the characters have a developed background story that also works as world building of the universe. Like Sally; her character revolves around being a princess of a royal family in an important royal kingdom and being the leader of a group created to combat constant threat of Eggman’s “empire”. If she is to be included, can it be a completely new character with only her name, physical appearance, and "princess leader" part? Or will they also need to establish the Kingdom of Acorn, her dad, and/or the other FF members?

I would definitely NOT want the FF team, because it would be very difficult to include them. They would need to balance out their active roles along with the game character and story, so they won't be dominating everything but also not stand around there as cameo NPCs. There would also need reason to be in a formal team fighting for justice, since Eggman isn't a constant threat in the game (unless the new games create a situation like that. even then, it will probably be a one-time thing...) and Sonic will not join them nor actively try to interact with them.

...I'm thinking too narrow-minded, aren't I...?:wacko:

If I need to choose someone, and I can ignore their origin and history, I would probably choose the metal series (just make a metal series for everyone except Tails), Finitevus (one insane echidna better than a whole tribe of OP echidnas. Also his design is edgy and cool, young kids love those),  NICOLE (talking AI sounds fun).

Took a while to think of a character I might actually want to see. And what I came up with is...

1hkwxoI.jpg

...well, even then, I'm not particularly interested in the robot monkey himself. But I think a character that plays the same sort of role could be fun. A scheming little buttmonkey who always gets the short end of the stick. A character desperate to please Eggman as a counterpoint to Orbot and Cubot's more apathetic attitudes, but with enough self-interest to not be just a bootlicker.

• Thumbs Up 3

All of the Egg Bosses. I refuse to pick only one, because the Egg Army is as much a character as the people of whom it is comprised. They all work so well as a group of people that don't all want to be evil, and don't all feel the same way about the good Doctor himself or one another. The dynamic between all of them is the only reason we're lead to care about any of them individually, so adding only one or even several of them would be adding a fragment of what a truly great thing this evil legion is.

Plus, they could replace Eggman as the boss in stages, which means their interactions with Sonic could be incredibly creative, as the old Sonic and Eggman back-and-forth is pretty predictable (if still usually enjoyable). You could even do some interesting subversions with it, like, say Cassia is having one of her episodes and Clove just surrenders to Sonic to get her to safety. So what would have been the boss for that level is instead breaking a ton of mechs and badniks to cover up the fact that no real fighting went on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly if we really had to go with one, I'd go with Grimer

Image result for grimer sonic

He looks really cool (even if he's not exactly on model with everyone else), and for some reason I just really like how he's basically a generic mad scientist with the lab coat and everything who is just the lackey. Always found him being very pathologically connected to Robotnik and willing to take all abuse given to him just to continue working with Robotnik a lot more interesting than generic whinge-behind-leader's-back Snively. On top of that, Grimer has proven many times that he may be smarter than Robotnik and better at stopping Sonic than him perhaps but he never wants the credit and always stays on the sideline. Maybe in the games he could take the role of being the creepy behind the scenes guy who is always working on something new and you don't see him much but when he comes out he acts kinda creepy, at least more than Robotnik, as well as more direct like how he did in the comic. 

That's just if we really had to put someone in though. I've always liked Grimer most out of all of Robotnik's lackeys, he's definitely more interesting than Orbot and Cubot who don't really do anything. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I admit Grimer stood out for being a lackey with no ulterior motive or unfaithful streak, he was just really loyal to Robotnik. He did finally draw the line but it took the most insane of turns from the doctor, and even then he returned out of remorse in the online continuation. I also liked how despite this he did seem to feel sorry for how some of his minions got treated. You could tell how saddened he was by Robotnik's treatment of Metamorphia. It was something that within all of Grimer's diabolical actions made the guy kind of sympathetic, he actually CARED about his evil bad guy squad. He would stand out within a cast of villains who are either constantly using or backstabbing each other or have zero respect for those they serve, with Eggman usually being on the receiving end. Sure, ambitious conniving cohorts are fun, but variation is nice, especially after the games have reused the same basic 'Eggman the patsy' formula over and over. I mean imagine if EVERY Decepticon was like Starscream.

Besides that however, he suffers from the same glaring problem the rest of the STC cast do, his design just doesn't remotely fit at all. He's this strange green humanoid scientist that looks more like something out of a Marvel comic. It's almost a shame they didn't go with the original plan of making him their own interpretation of Snively, who as shown with Archie, could be made to fit.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd say Tekno the Canary, just because.

Or, as you'd have guessed by looking at my avatar, Antoine, he could have a gameplay similar to Black Knight, with his sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2017 at 8:36 AM, ShadowSJG said:

Scourge, I really like him

I second this, Scourge was the only one to beat sonic AND shadow at the same time

Next to Bunnie Rabbot the only other character I'd really love to have in the games is Sally Acorn...

Mainly because...

sonic_x_sally__scott_pilgrim_mash_up_pre

I ship it harder than any characters in any franchise. I just can't help it, this was legit my first coupling growing up. I was SO into Satam/Archie back then, and a minority I may be, I actually like what Penders did with them/their future.

The ONLY thing... I liked that he did...

I would pick Sally because with Project 17 coming up soon, her character could fit the dark tone like it did in the SATAM TV show. She could also just have sonic's gameplay style and just have it tweaked so she has different abilities.

Bunnie Rabbot - she's been my favourite since I was a kid plus she's a nice fit for gameplay, she can move fast on her jets, can break down new paths and use her ladder legs to access even more areas.