Awoo.

Why haven't they retconned Amy's age?

Her0

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

I remember Cindy Robinson said on Find The Computer Room's playthrough of Rise of Lyric that Amy is 17. Not sure how accurate that is but still.

I really don't think any of the characters ages really matter to be honest. They're more a factoid about the characters than a set age. Lets not forget Rouge went from 18 to 17 between SA2 and Heroes.

The age in Heroes was an error, as every source since has kept it at 18. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, she is not 12 anymore, nor did she ever seem like a 12 year old since Shadow the Hedgehog at least. I'd say she's at least 15, 1 year younger than Sonic. I really wish they would just rewrite the characters ages to be more fitting to their actual appearances, voices, and actions. I don't know anyone who actually likes, or believes in the age reveals in Sonic Heroes. I always saw Sonic as someone around 18 years old, while seeing Knuckles being about 20, Amy as 16, Tails as 12, or Cream as 8 years old. I still don't see how the characters are supposed to be as young as they are made out to be, not even in the Japanese versions. 

When Sonic Boom first came out, everyone was under the impression that the characters were young adults now, since it clarified that they're all living on their own, and are even doing things that kids aren't able to do.  But when the show's workers came forth and confirmed the characters are the same age as they were in the games, I did not buy it. I feel like the writers of the show never bothered looking up  the actual character ages, and just assumed they were all young adults. There is no way the Amy from Sonic Boom is a 12 year old! How is a 12 year old living on her own with an experience in archaeology, psychology, art, etc? Tails has always been known as a young inventor, but that's because he's always been written as an intelligent character, and even his Boom portrayal is more advanced at inventing than he is in the video games. The video games never showed Tails inventing a cloning machine, a reverse polarizer, and many other bizarre inventions. The video games only portrayed Tails as a mechanic for air planes, and little dummy bombs, but never actual robots and contraptions.

So yeah, I never bought that the writers of any Sonic game or show actually thought long and hard about how old the characters really were. The only one who seems about right is Dr. Eggman, if I recall, many sources have claimed he is 45 years old, and that actually sounds more believable than saying Amy is 12 years old. 

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

The video games only portrayed Tails as a mechanic for air planes, and little dummy bombs, but never actual robots and contraptions.

And his submarine, the Sea Fox.

latest?cb=20160105073541

And a actual robot, the Remote Robot.

latest?cb=20150424135530

And the Tornado 3 aka Cyclone, which can transform into a robot.

latest?cb=20150727193258

And he built Team Sonic's Extreme Gear in Sonic Riders.

latest?cb=20160523142331

(Shown: Blue Star 2)

So Sonic Boom Tails and standard Tails are pretty similar invention wise. They can definitely be the same age.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I'm talking later games amy. It could be her waist giving g the impression but the fact is she has one. May not be Rouge size but they are there this should make her older I feel. But as stated this is sonic verse and noting goes by normal

3 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

For the chest: 1) which one are we talking about? and 2) Idk if you can call it a B.  For driving......this is a world where Tails is allowed to drive and Cream can ride a hoverboard to participate in a race. I feel you're still applying real world/human standards to them.

I just pulled these out from the wiki:

latest?cb=20160704165610latest?cb=20120809062605

I don't think her breast is that big? For the left one, I think it's more of the small waist making her breast look bigger.

Look at Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure DX, she had a slightly big chest size to be honest, and I remember even seeing a bit of jiggle physics in them (not as much as Rouge's though, but still.) Ever since Heroes, they seemed to have made Amy flat chested, but ever since Sonic Generations, it seems like her chest size went somewhere in between. It's not big like it was in Adventure DX or Adventure 2, but it's not as flat as it was in Sonic Heroes-Sonic 06. 

Just now, Cheawn said:

And his submarine, the Sea Fox.

latest?cb=20160105073541

And a actual robot, the Remote Robot.

latest?cb=20150424135530

And the Tornado 3 aka Cyclone, which can transform into a robot.

latest?cb=20150727193258

And he built Team Sonic's Extreme Gear in Sonic Riders.

latest?cb=20160523142331

(Shown: Blue Star 2)

So Sonic Boom Tails and standard Tails are pretty similar invention wise. They can definitely be the same age.

True, but a lot of those were just spin off games, and most of them were just high tech modes of transportation. Sonic Boom finally had Tails building stuff that went beyond making vehicles and explosive devices. He's now able to make things that can alter the flow of time and space, along with cloning himself. He even managed to build a universal translator, in the video games, the closest he ever got to that was just making a Wisp translator, and even that did a poor job at translating at times. U.T. on the other hand accurately translated people's thoughts, to the point where the gang got nervous over their actual thoughts being spoken aloud. 

11 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Sonic Boom finally had Tails building stuff that went beyond making vehicles and explosive devices. He's now able to make things that can alter the flow of time and space

Tails did make a fake Chaos Emerald in Sonic Adventure 2. Admittedly, its main purpose was to break a device that used regular Chaos Emeralds, but it was used for Chaos Control too, meaning that the fake has to be somewhat similar to the real thing. And Chaos Control does warp space to teleport, so indirectly Tails can warp space with his inventions. 

Not that there's many characters to compare to in the first place, but if you do want to do bust size comparisons for some reason, Amy is easily 2nd largest. Considering the others are Rouge (who will obviously have big breasts as per being a femme fatale), Blaze (who specifically has to be flat chested per her personality and also racing about), Wave (who is a bird) and Cream (who is a kiddo), not sure Amy's bust size is of much relevance, though- she'd always naturally have the 2nd biggest ones by sheer virtue of near everyone else having no reason to have breasts at all.

14 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Amy's 12 years old. So she's like, 5th, 6th, possibly 7th grade? I googled "breast development age" and it said puberty/breast dev can start anywhere from 8-13 year old, sometimes older or younger. Why did you make me look that up? Some girls apparently develop faster (and get teased/bullied for being taller or have bigger breasts).

So I think even for humans it's normal? Can someone tell me if this is correct or not I don't know human...

This is correct.  Amy having breasts at age 12 is not only normal, but expected, and even at younger ages, girls have a wide variety of bust sizes with some being larger or smaller than others.  Some girls at that age appear almost fully developed in the chest by this stage, in fact.

With that said, I'd appreciate if we not delve into this subject as it's almost certainly going to delve into NSFW territory if past experience tells me anything.  Plus, it's just inappropriate.