Awoo.

How much influence does Aaron Webber have over the franchise now?

PC the Hedgehog

I get that the lack of quality and consistency is what caused the fanbase such unease and it's difficult to cater to every fan's desire but  frankly, I don't see how this has to do with Webber specifically. Sure people are going to interpret the things he says negatively at times (believe me, I've seen this firsthand. It ain't pretty) but that still doesn't disprove the fact Aaron just wants to keep fans amused when there's no news to share. He'll post some promotional stuff from time to time and if we want some news on merch, the biweekly livestreams shows off said merch as well.

As for getting a solid line of games, I can see that happening with Mania and 2017. And to be honest, I'd say it started with Fire & Ice. It got delayed to 2016 for quality purposes and while it's still not a great game, it was a notable improvement from Shattered Crystal in a lot of ways. Now, we have a game made by indie developers who are completely obsessed with the Classic Sonic gameplay and it's without a doubt going to do really well and even though we have no idea what 2017 is, it's a safe bet that it\ll probably be as good as Generations in terms of gameplay. And the fact this game is longest time Sonic Team took to make a game should be a notable point to mention, granted that won't guarantee it will be any good but the fact Sonic Team are taking their time with this title should give some hope, if any. 

As I said many times before. I can trust the new CEO to keep his word on making SEGA and Sonic games to be more focused on quality than quantity.

But while this is a massive problem with SEGA that we have yet to see come to fruition, this is beyond Aaron's control.

3 hours ago, Soni said:

I get that the lack of quality and consistency is what caused the fanbase such unease and it's difficult to cater to every fan's desire but  frankly, I don't see how this has to do with Webber specifically.

It doesn't, that's the point. 

3 hours ago, Soni said:

As for getting a solid line of games, I can see that happening with Mania and 2017. And to be honest, I'd say it started with Fire & Ice. It got delayed to 2016 for quality purposes and while it's still not a great game, it was a notable improvement from Shattered Crystal in a lot of ways.

A lot of people don't know that game existed, the last major sonic game to exist for a lot of people. is ROL and lost world, and both of those games aren't great, then there's the bonus of some people not really liking or caring about sonic boom in the first place to even pay attention to that. That game just kind of came and went unfortunately. For mania, mania or 2017 will be their next sonic game 

And you say it yourself its not great its just... ok. Its fairly average it isn't the unfinished dumpster fire that could, that ROL is. So its a game a bunch of people don't know exist and  those who do can't really say much besides " well it isn't a dumpster fire" 

I don't see this game making people believe in sega's promise. 

3 hours ago, Soni said:

Now, we have a game made by indie developers who are completely obsessed with the Classic Sonic gameplay and it's without a doubt going to do really well and even though we have no idea what 2017 is, it's a safe bet that it\ll probably be as good as Generations in terms of gameplay.

I don't know about that, they could mess it up. Sega is good at that. 

3 hours ago, Soni said:

And the fact this game is longest time Sonic Team took to make a game should be a notable point to mention, granted that won't guarantee it will be any good but the fact Sonic Team are taking their time with this title should give some hope, if any. 

Time would not fix, Lost world. Time would not fix the D6, some of the probems at sonic team are ideological ones rather than technical ones , for example maybe a lack of confidence in the thing they are working one so an attempt to ape something else. Also, i've played more than enough games that took time, and still came out bad, i'm still regretting funding mighty no 9. My point is, i'll see it when I see it, and that's when i'll make that call. I stopped " hoping sega " would do anything after the alien colonial marines and ROL incidents respectively

3 hours ago, Soni said:

As I said many times before. I can trust the new CEO to keep his word on making SEGA and Sonic games to be more focused on quality than quantity.

But while this is a massive problem with SEGA that we have yet to see come to fruition, this is beyond Aaron's control.

Well I don't trust the CEO , because I don't know em, and as of currently i've yet to see any long term action turn out really well in regards to sonic's brand. 

And yeah, its beyond aarons control. But its like the thing with archie right now, they can't talk to the heads of archie, they out here trying to be marvel right now. So they yell at the phone operator, the guy they can talk to, when he doesn't really know anything. And that's who aaron is, a phone operator, or rather the guy who makes jokes on twitter. It isn't right, but its what happening. 

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

And yeah, its beyond aarons control. But its like the thing with archie right now, they can't talk to the heads of archie, they out here trying to be marvel right now. So they yell at the phone operator, the guy they can talk to, when he doesn't really know anything. And that's who aaron is, a phone operator, or rather the guy who makes jokes on twitter. It isn't right, but its what happening. 

I don't think it's that simple. Maybe SEGA told Aaron and Sergio to not mention the Archie fiasco. As I said, they can only reveal stuff if they're allowed to. And I'm going to guess the SEGA officials are just saying don't mention any of it as of now to them. I mean, I'm frustrated about what's going on with both Archie and Boom but I know the lack of silence isn't something Aaron would willingly do.

Just now, Soni said:

I don't think it's that simple. Maybe SEGA told Aaron and Sergio to not mention the Archie fiasco. As I said, they can only reveal stuff if they're allowed to. And I'm going to guess the SEGA officials are just saying don't mention any of it as of now to them. I mean, I'm frustrated about what's going on with both Archie and Boom but I know the lack of silence isn't something Aaron would willingly do.

I'm not saying the Arron thing is about archive. 

Maybe you are confused. There were people in the archie thread calling people to inquire about this, and the phone operators were confused. I am liking that to people yelling at and complaining to phone operators about problems they have no control. Comparing that situation, with aaron and sega blaming him for something he has no control over.

There was no link suggesting aaron knows anything about archie whatsoever and it was a comparison to people yelling at phone operators.  

Ok, I'm confused by this. Are we talking about different problems with SEGA and just putting Aaron into the mix? Cause I have no idea what's going on...

4 minutes ago, Soni said:

Ok, I'm confused by this. Are we talking about different problems with SEGA and just putting Aaron into the mix? Cause I have no idea what;s going...

My point is, Sega has issues. People have issues with sega regarding sonic. They can't contact sonic team. They can contact sonic twitter, they then blame the sonic twitter for things, that are sega's fault in the first place. By using into confirm their bias against sonic, or to confirm their belief that Sega has bias against their group of fans of sonic. 

Like when something happens, and you call some place, and the phone operator has no information and can't help you. And you are upset at the phone operator instead of the people who actually put you in the predicament in the first place

I'd be upset yes but I'm not gonna point fingers at anyone because putting blame on someone is pretty childish to handle those kinds of situations. I'll just wait it out and see what happens. Life is an 06 loading screen, you're spending most of your time waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron has the job of promoting the franchise as a whole on social  media, giving fans updates on twitter/facebook etc if there are other means not to see them. He takes the feedback from attendees at conventions, then passes it back to SEGA/Sonic Team. His intern Sergio also does the same, so in a whole, Aaron has a major influence on Sonic

• Thumbs Up 1