Awoo.

Sega has a booth at E3 2017

Badnik Mechanic

can't wait for the SEGA of Europe booth to just be completely empty space with just a sign saying "WE EXIST TOO I GUESS" in the middle

• Thumbs Up 1

Well shoot, now I'm tempted to actually go this year after being horribly bored at the last two.

Interesting to see what comes of this, though I presume this means we'll get a spot of news sooner rather than later, and don't need to dread the "attend the Sonic 26th Party for news" bit.

I had Natsume invite me to E3 last year but turned it down in the end because there really wasn't much there of interest to me as a whole.

Isn't E3 kind of... Fading away nowadays? it doesn't seem to be the big deal it used to be by and large.

(Edit)

Especially considering how much it costs for companies to have a booth there when they can get the same advertisement for much less, if not for free by using the internet.

7 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

can't wait for the SEGA of Europe booth to just be completely empty space with just a sign saying "WE EXIST TOO I GUESS" in the middle

Seriously though, the Sega Europe booth will probably be showing mostly PC strategy games. Most of Sega's western development teams, many of whom make strategy games, are coordinated by Sega Europe. I'm pretty sure that even Relic Entertainment, which is based in Canada, also reports to Sega Europe. So, I expect to see Total War: Warhammer (first expansion?), Dawn of War III and Endless Space 3 at that booth.

6 hours ago, God Eater Lenka said:

If it's with Atlus, does that mean the possibility of Sonic 2017 being there is low?

I don't think there's any need to worry. After the Sonic Boom fiasco Sega America was downsized in a major way; which coincidentally coincided with Sega's acquisition of Atlus (along with the rest of Index Corporation). Now Sega America and Atlus America share the same office space, it makes they'd share an E3 booth as well. A Project Sonic 2017 presence at E3 is practically a certainty.

• Thumbs Up 4

Going through some jobs listings sega has it seems they might also go to Comic Con this year as well.

This obviously doesn't mean there's going to be a Sonic Boom event but at least they have business related stuff to do there.

d4bba95d5edf2a4a743a95d08ef5d897.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For this year's E3 I wish Sega:

-Announces Sonic Mania release date.

-Announces Sonic 3 Remastered for 2018 (I'd prefer late 2017, but it would be too many Sonic games).

-Officially announces and details that new "revive old IPs" strategy, and hints "Ristar" somehow :D

We'll definitely get some info on Mania and Forces, but I'm not expecting another Sonic title to be announced. Mobile or spinoff titles at a push maybe, but I figure that right now they wouldn't be interested in showing off anything else that's in the works (if there is even anything at all) as we already have two big Sonic games this year. They're also sharing their booth with Atlus, as the two are kind of leaning on each other right now.

SEGA Europe might have some interesting PC stuff, though honestly I never pay them any attention. Looking forward to it all at any rate. 

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

We'll definitely get some info on Mania and Forces, but I'm not expecting another Sonic title to be announced.

Then I'd manage with a Ristar remastered announcement xD

• 3 weeks later...