Awoo.

| SPOILER THREAD | The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nepenthe

threadlogo_zpsznxecx0a.png

Alright, guys. The dam has burst, spoilers are pouring in everywhere, and things are getting a bit too close to comfort. We've done this in the past with highly-anticipated non-Sonic titles like Smash so I don't see why it can't be done in this instance. So my children, this topic is simple: 

POST ALL BREATH OF THE WILD SPOILERS HERE. 

FAQ time:

"What counts as a spoiler?"

Spoilers are anything that has not been officially released by Nintendo during the marketing. If you can't find it on their YouTube channel or in the publication outlets of trusted game journalism sites that have gotten official review copies from them, do not post it anywhere else but here.

"Well, Nintendo's officially releasing the game on the 3rd. Can I go wild with the leaks then?"

No, my sweet summer child, because not everyone's going to get the game on the 3rd, and we should reasonably accommodate them too! So, there will be a month-long moratorium on posting spoilers outside of this thread, meaning on APRIL 3RD, you'll be able to talk freely about this stuff to your heart's content.

"Can I post stuff in the statuses?"

Neeee-ope. Prevention is the best cure.

"But statuses have spoiler bars. And so do posts too!"

And not everyone uses them correctly, mainly through forgetfulness. We're taking no chances.

"Well, what happens if I don't listen to you and post stuff wherever I want?"

You can catch these hands. (No seriously, you'll probably get a strike or something. Don't.)

=*=

So, that should be all the info you need. Come on in and talk about how awesome all the dungeons, music, and cut scenes are, and dem timeline connections and stuff. As for me:

rs_560x309-160617092459-Jun_17_2016_0912

I'm out, fam. Seriously, I'm not coming back here until I've finished the game. Don't do anything stupid worth reporting that forces me to come in here before then, for the love of Hylia.

• Thumbs Up 8

Here's some music:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ganon's battle -- phase 1

Spoiler

Ganon Beast -- Phase 1

Spoiler

Ganon Beast -- Phase 2

About the music (Spoilers about the final battle)

Spoiler

Well Ganon seems to have like, five phases here

First is the Ganon Battle theme, second phase is the same theme only a LOT more intense.

Gives me some serious SMG2 Final Bowser vibes

Then we have Ganon Beast, which... Is odd since Ganon is the beast form already...? Which has two phases (Which are based off that beautifu track from the E3 trailer), and a short theme that sounds like we'll have some sort of segment after the final boss

Or that's my guess, since it doesn't sound like a fight theme, but I could be wrong and it is a final attack theme.

Also is it me or the Hyrule Castle theme (Which sounds like it'll be the final dungeon) sounds like the Ballade of the Windfish?

Again, big endgame spoilers.

Getting the Master Sword requires

A lot of hearts, Zelda 1 style. When you try to pull it (requires holding down the A button), it will literally drain your life as it rises. Reminds me a bit of Akujiki (Shinobi, PS2).

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Jetronic said:

Hide contents

A lot of hearts, Zelda 1 style. When you try to pull it (requires holding down the A button), it will literally drain your life as it rises. Reminds me a bit of Akujiki (Shinobi, PS2).

Holy shit, that rules. I was wondering how they were going to handle it in an open world game and that's a really interesting way of going about it.

This has been talked about by GameXplain and presumably others previewing the game, but:

Spoiler

I like that the spirit orbs are essentially heart pieces. Bring four of them to a Goddess statue and you can either upgrade your hearts or your stamina meter. To be honest I'm probably going to prioritize stamina and mostly rely on food at first to (even if only temporarily) increase Link's heart count, since I wanna climb EVERYWHERE. I do wonder how far the stamina upgrades go, though...just one extra circle? Two?? Maybe even beyond that???

3 hours ago, Jetronic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Literally the Blade of Olympus from God of War II.

Other stuff that people found datamining include the bestiary. Although technically ALBW count as well, we apparently now have Lynels in a 3D game. Reports about them say that they're very tough and one of the scariest enemy type of the game (although the first spot apprently goes to the Assassin, a new enemy type that stalks Link through the entire map and doesn't allow you to rest).

Spoiler

So with everybody in the game essentially dead and just a spirit in the present...

Do you think it's possible Link will find Zelda's baby in a state of preservation the way he himself was somewhere after the end of the game and be charged with bringing back the royal family/raising Zelda's child himself...?

5 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

LINK IS THE MOST ADORABLE GIRL IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEOGAMES

8:13:15

Who Links Cross dressing?

Crap, they removed the video.

As a Gerudo (or sexy belly dancer, is the same thing), since man are not allowed to enter the Gerudo city

Alright

BIGASS SPOILERS BELOW, FINAL BOSS, ENDING, TIMELINES, EVERYTHING

Spoiler

So this game ends on a pretty interesting note

Calamity Ganon is barely a sentient entity, during the climax he just shows up and you fight him, he has no personality, and looks pretty fucked up.

But then

After you beat him, he begins vanishing, only to recreate itself as a big warthog demon, called ''The Ganon Beast''

Zelda then proceeds to explain that Ganon is an evil that reincarnates every generation, but now it gave up it's reincarnation to become a being of pure hatred and anger (Which, if you remember Demise's curse, is basically Ganon's very essence), trying to destroy everything in it's path, before Link puts it down by striking it's core with a Light arrow.

Now, It's probably just me but... Does this mean that, in whatever timeline this is, Ganon is dead for good? He gave up his reincarnation and became his most basic form, pure hate, and then got his core destroyed by a light arrow, his weakness.

And as I mentioned earlier, Ganon's mind is basically gone, as if the reincarnations finally took a tool on his being.

Could not mean much in the long run since, again, even if it is the end of a timeline, nothing stops them from setting the next games whenever they want in the timelines, plus finding a way to revive Ganon, but it would be interesting if we got a first ''end of the timeline'' game, like how Skyward Sword was basically the beginning of it all.

23 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Alright

BIGASS SPOILERS BELOW, FINAL BOSS, ENDING, TIMELINES, EVERYTHING

Hide contents

So this game ends on a pretty interesting note

Calamity Ganon is barely a sentient entity, during the climax he just shows up and you fight him, he has no personality, and looks pretty fucked up.

But then

After you beat him, he begins vanishing, only to recreate itself as a big warthog demon, called ''The Ganon Beast''

Zelda then proceeds to explain that Ganon is an evil that reincarnates every generation, but now it gave up it's reincarnation to become a being of pure hatred and anger (Which, if you remember Demise's curse, is basically Ganon's very essence), trying to destroy everything in it's path, before Link puts it down by striking it's core with a Light arrow.

Now, It's probably just me but... Does this mean that, in whatever timeline this is, Ganon is dead for good? He gave up his reincarnation and became his most basic form, pure hate, and then got his core destroyed by a light arrow, his weakness.

And as I mentioned earlier, Ganon's mind is basically gone, as if the reincarnations finally took a tool on his being.

Could not mean much in the long run since, again, even if it is the end of a timeline, nothing stops them from setting the next games whenever they want in the timelines, plus finding a way to revive Ganon, but it would be interesting if we got a first ''end of the timeline'' game, like how Skyward Sword was basically the beginning of it all.

Didn't something similar happen with Wind Waker?

Man I'm not sure I've ever had a video game experience as wonderful and terrifying as getting lost and stumbling across a Lynel with only 3 hearts to my name. Damn thing nearly one shot me with ice arrows before I even got a good look at it. I managed to scramble away up a cliff, dodging ice arrows by sheer luck. He fired off one last volley just as I got to the top, and I got to watch them arc off into the distance and burst against a mountain a mile away.

Then I fought some lizardmen, did a shrine puzzle, gathered a bunch of crabs, and died to an electric Keese. And before all this I ran into a guy who turned out to be a ninja assassin (I lived, so I guess he wasn't very good at his job).

This game is so good.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/3/2017 at 0:48 PM, SenEDtor Missile said:

Didn't something similar happen with Wind Waker?

Spoiler

It's the child timeline. Zelda brings up in one scene the events of Skyward sword, Ocarina, and Twilight Princess. The Gerudo champion even brings up OoT/TP Ganondorf.

As for Ganon being gone for good, nope. Zelda in the secret ending says he's only gone for now, implying that he'll eventually show up again.

Oh wait lol that was meant for @Ratcicle King haha

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh my goodness, I just found something that completely changed how I looked at a certain character.  I'll layer my spoilers for anyone who want to experience it firsthand (and like everything in this game, I feel you should).

The area it's found in is:

Hyrule Castle

Specifically in:

The destroyed Library

Even more specifically in:

A room you can uncover using magnesis on one of the metallic bookshelves.

And inside is (full spoiler territory now):

King Rhoam's secret diary.  It shows what was going on in his head the entire time during their preperations for Calamity Ganon, how he and Zelda reacted to the death of the Queen, and how he completely understood Zelda's plight but felt he had no choice but to be strict with her training because the kingdom was rapidly on it's way to being in peril.  The final entry has him speak of how when Zelda returns from the Spring of Wisdom, he will finally console her and appreciate that she has done all she could.  Of course, as we know from the memory cut-scenes, Calamity Ganon attacks Hyrule Castle and he perishes before she makes it back.

This bit of lore is just about my favourite reward my curiosity has recieved in the game thus far, just wow.

• Thumbs Up 2

Where's the master sword and will it break. Also how many hearts do you need to lift it. Also I read I need to keep gemstones for weapons is this true

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Where's the master sword and will it break. Also how many hearts do you need to lift it. Also I read I need to keep gemstones for weapons is this true

It's in the Lost Woods, which can be found to the west of Death Mountain.  The nearby Stables to the south of the woods has an NPC who can provide a clue on how to get through, but if you want the exact details:

Use the sparks from a flaming torch to follow the direction of the wind.

You need 13 hearts to lift the sword, and overfill hearts don't count.  You can speak to the horned statue hidden in Hateno Village if you want to undo Stamina upgrades to trade for Heart Containers (costs big rupees though).

Not sure about the gemstones, but they're not crazy rare or anything, their primary purpose is to sell for rupees, so if you want to keep a minimum amount of them that makes sense, but once you start to amass a strong collection, don't be afraid to sell some.

4 minutes ago, JezMM said:

It's in the Lost Woods, which can be found to the west of Death Mountain.  The nearby Stables to the south of the woods has an NPC who can provide a clue on how to get through, but if you want the exact details:

Hide contents

Use the sparks from a flaming torch to follow the direction of the wind.

You need 13 hearts to lift the sword, and overfill hearts don't count.  You can speak to the horned statue hidden in Hateno Village if you want to undo Stamina upgrades to trade for Heart Containers (costs big rupees though).

Not sure about the gemstones, but they're not crazy rare or anything, their primary purpose is to sell for rupees, so if you want to keep a minimum amount of them that makes sense, but once you start to amass a strong collection, don't be afraid to sell some.

I'm still sort of early in. So collecting hearts is a must now?. I've upgraded stamina twice so far

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I'm still sort of early in. So collecting hearts is a must now?. I've upgraded stamina twice so far

Hearts are things that you'll want more than stamina. Those two stamina upgrades should do you well for a while, so I would recommend focusing on upgrading your heart count for now.

1 minute ago, Toa Axis said:

Hearts are things that you'll want more than stamina. Those two stamina upgrades should do you well for a while, so I would recommend focusing on upgrading your heart count for now.

Sweet thanks. Yea those two stamina have helped me on some mountain climbs