Jump to content
Nepenthe

| SPOILER THREAD | The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Recommended Posts

To be honest it's your choice, if you want to get around faster and that's more important to you than how much damage you take, upgrade stamina as much as you like.  There's food you can make to overfill both your hearts or your stamina if you ever need more than your current maximum in a pinch, and taking luxury options at inns will also overfill your health and sometimes stamina.

Take the game at whatever pace and make whatever decisions you want. I'd recommend not looking stuff like this up and just slowly uncovering everything for yourself.  You can't "mess up" anything in this game, and getting the Master Sword as early as possible isn't that important since it isn't very effective outside of Hyrule Castle.  Don't worry about later stuff now, this game is a lot more fun when you embrace the unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JezMM said:

To be honest it's your choice, if you want to get around faster and that's more important to you than how much damage you take, upgrade stamina as much as you like.  There's food you can make to overfill both your hearts or your stamina if you ever need more than your current maximum in a pinch, and taking luxury options at inns will also overfill your health and sometimes stamina.

Take the game at whatever pace and make whatever decisions you want. I'd recommend not looking stuff like this up and just slowly uncovering everything for yourself.  You can't "mess up" anything in this game, and getting the Master Sword as early as possible isn't that important since it isn't very effective outside of Hyrule Castle.  Don't worry about later stuff now, this game is a lot more fun when you embrace the unknown.

Oh I love to explore. I just want some unbreakable weapons lol.  usually i sit on mountains tossing bombs for 20 minutes at high level stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Oh I love to explore. I just want some unbreakable weapons lol.  usually i sit on mountains tossing bombs for 20 minutes at high level stuff

There's no such thing I'm afraid.  Using the Master Sword outside of Hyrule Castle only does 30 damage, making it a very mid-tier weapon, and it also has a pretty standard amount of durability - rather than "breaking" it becomes unusable for 10 minutes while it recharges.  If fighting high level stuff is tedious, you need to play more elsewhere to find better weapons.  Some have high durability perks, and getting better at the game and learning what uses what weapons are best at will extend how long they last before breaking.  You can also upgrade your inventory size, so eventually there will never be a time where you're grasping at anything to use for a weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JezMM said:

There's no such thing I'm afraid.  Using the Master Sword outside of Hyrule Castle only does 30 damage, making it a very mid-tier weapon, and it also has a pretty standard amount of durability - rather than "breaking" it becomes unusable for 10 minutes while it recharges.  If fighting high level stuff is tedious, you need to play more elsewhere to find better weapons.  Some have high durability perks, and getting better at the game and learning what uses what weapons are best at will extend how long they last before breaking.  You can also upgrade your inventory size, so eventually there will never be a time where you're grasping at anything to use for a weapon.

I've read there's a pole arm you get from the shark tribe that you can fuse with a ceremonial version yo make unbreakable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It's not unbreakable, but you can have it repaired.

There's great weapons alllll the fuck over though, a bunch of unbreakables would just ruin the fun.

It was called the Zora Trident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

It's not unbreakable, but you can have it repaired.

There's great weapons alllll the fuck over though, a bunch of unbreakables would just ruin the fun.

Exactly. The game is built around supplying the player a bunch of weapons through exploration, even the really good ones. Not only does it supply you many weapons, but it forces you to use them as well. And honestly, I think the weapon degradation perfectly suits that design goal. In a game with an abundance of potential resources, there has to be a certain level of scarcity to those resources as well, which the weapon degradation aides. It's best to think of everything as ammo, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I beat the game. I realize I can finally come back into this topic I made. First thing I have to say is...

What the fuck is wrong with you guys for using spoiler tags in a spoiler topic? xD I specifically made this thread to freely have a party and you guys just kept clicking the eye like Debbie Downers. I wanted to read all of the info and comment but I'll be damned if I'm clicking each and every bar.

You silly, silly bitches. <3 Anyway, we're all in agreement that this takes place at the far end of the child timeline, right?..... Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read my post and you'll know I agree lol

On 3/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

It's the child timeline. Zelda brings up in one scene the events of Skyward sword, Ocarina, and Twilight Princess. The Gerudo champion even brings up OoT/TP Ganondorf.

 

As for Ganon being gone for good, nope. Zelda in the secret ending says he's only gone for now, implying that he'll eventually show up again.

Oh wait lol that was meant for @Ratcicle King haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Zelda did say that he's gone for now, she also said during the battle that he actually gave up reincarnation (I guess he was really that pissed off), which was a jaw-dropper for me. So, like... is... this shit finally over in this timeline? Can Link and Zelda continue being adorable together, and Zelda can get her degree in being a NERD?

It's a bit of a conundrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

While Zelda did say that he's gone for now, she also said during the battle that he actually gave up reincarnation (I guess he was really that pissed off), which was a jaw-dropper for me. So, like... is... this shit finally over in this timeline? Can Link and Zelda continue being adorable together, and Zelda can get her degree in being a NERD?

It's a bit of a conundrum.

They could easily make some reason up for him reincarnating again if he was to come back as Ganondorf again or something. He could have simply given up reincarnation for this attempt and could take what worked in both approaches in the future. I want to see Ganondorf or intelligent pig ganon one more time somehow in this timeline. I was talking about it yesterday, but I think it'd be cool if Ganondorf came back with all his memories of his prior lives, the purpose of his existence, has the power of calamity ganon, and knows Link and Zeldas weakness and how to fuck with them. Basically the final showdown in this timeline between the 3 weilders of the triforce lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, any author can always asspull something, but I feel like making an addendum to this game is gonna be either awkward due to the rules they set up beforehand or just a bit annoying (Ganon is technically sealed, but him breaking free is gonna be a "Really?" moment) I'd almost rather a game set during the Champion era since the Champion era is awesome and has enough character to set off some nice plot, or even just something before that. Remember, we've got a 10,000 year time gap to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I mean, any author can always asspull something, but I feel like making an addendum to this game is gonna be either awkward due to the rules they set up beforehand or just a bit annoying (Ganon is technically sealed, but him breaking free is gonna be a "Really?" moment) I'd almost rather a game set during the Champion era since the Champion era is awesome and has enough character to set off some nice plot, or even just something before that. Remember, we've got a 10,000 year time gap to work with.

TP and WW would like to say hello 

 

either way, idc where it is placed as long as we see him again lol. My idea could tbh work anywhere after TP (albeit without the "has calamity ganon powers haha)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give no fucks about TP's plot, and Ganon was actually physically there in WW. Here, he throws away his reincarnation power, has his essence destroyed by Link, and is locked away by Zelda. If this bitch breaks free afterwards, I give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, I thought he was sealed in the WW era, broke free, and since Link returned to the child timeline, there was no hero, so the gods flooded the land 

Was ganons essence confirmed destroyed, or are people just assuming that? I merely thought of it as weakened or critically hurt, like kicking a guy hard in the balls. His dark essence is his balls and Link kicked them hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I assumed you were talking about the ending. I have no idea why other than I'm tired. Regardless, you're correct, but I still feel with the details of the battle and just how large the scale of the game is, that BotW having a sequel where Ganon is running around would undermine how much of a bookend it feels like. I mean, at the very least, I'd rather go back in time to know why he basically turned into a "Calamity" at all. Was he just that angry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

For some reason I assumed you were talking about the ending. I have no idea why other than I'm tired. Regardless, you're correct, but I still feel with the details of the battle and just how large the scale of the game is, that BotW having a sequel where Ganon is running around would undermine how much of a bookend it feels like. I mean, at the very least, I'd rather go back in time to know why he basically turned into a "Calamity" at all. Was he just that angry?

That's essentially what the game says lol. He had a Trump level baby tantrum.

also, did Zelda and Link kiss at the end or...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhm.... No? I didn't see anything reminiscent of outright romance.

Also, can we talk about how much of a dick people were to Zelda? She's trying to harness a power only women in her direct bloodline are supposed to be able to use. Her mom died awhile ago so she has to effectively figure it out on her own. But she can't, because she simply doesn't have the proper motivation. Yet all these basic bitches in the courtyard are gossiping about her and her inability to accomplish something they know absolutely nothing about. And then her dad's embarrassed by it and takes it out on her by stifling her love of learning.

God don't like ugly. That's the only reason she's still alive and they're all dead. All of them. Who's laughing now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt really bad for zelda in this game. She just always looked like she felt so inadequate and hopeless in the flashbacks and when everything goes to shit she blames herself and feels like she failed and finally breaks down. 

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:


God don't like ugly. 

 

Uh which god? Din? Nayru? Farore? Hylia? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KHCast said:

Huh, I thought he was sealed in the WW era, broke free, and since Link returned to the child timeline, there was no hero, so the gods flooded the land 

Was ganons essence confirmed destroyed, or are people just assuming that? I merely thought of it as weakened or critically hurt, like kicking a guy hard in the balls. His dark essence is his balls and Link kicked them hard

Zelda did mention Ganon's final form being his ''pure, enraged form'', and well, rage IS a big part of Ganon's character, since he is basically an incarnation of Demise's grudge against Link and Zelda. If that's not enough, the final battle ends with Link throwing a light arrow straight into Ganon's core, as Zelda pointed out.

And again, we did see his first form, he was barely a sentient being at that point, which could indicate that the cycle of reincarnation is finally taking a tool on him.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say he can't come back, we've had people trying to resurrect Ganon in the past, it could be an alternative here.

Also to keep the discussion going, I think this is one of my favorite incarnations of Zelda, her character was really fleshed out through the game, it gave her struggles, some quirks, and even some good development, and she actually ACTS like someone who'd possess the power of the Triforce of Wisdom, when in almost every other incarnation it's almost an informed attribute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only other Zelda incarnation id say is almost as fleshed out is Tetra, who, ironically, is designed to go against the traditional traits of being a princess especially one of such importance.

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Uhm.... No? I didn't see anything reminiscent of outright romance.

Also, can we talk about how much of a dick people were to Zelda? She's trying to harness a power only women in her direct bloodline are supposed to be able to use. Her mom died awhile ago so she has to effectively figure it out on her own. But she can't, because she simply doesn't have the proper motivation. Yet all these basic bitches in the courtyard are gossiping about her and her inability to accomplish something they know absolutely nothing about. And then her dad's embarrassed by it and takes it out on her by stifling her love of learning.

God don't like ugly. That's the only reason she's still alive and they're all dead. All of them. Who's laughing now?

The secret ending has Link and Zelda walk towards eachother as the screen pans out, and people are assuming they kiss or something before the screen fades to black 

(which is kinda dumb if true since there was no romance between them, and fucking mipha was the clear love interest)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Uhm.... No? I didn't see anything reminiscent of outright romance.

Also, can we talk about how much of a dick people were to Zelda? She's trying to harness a power only women in her direct bloodline are supposed to be able to use. Her mom died awhile ago so she has to effectively figure it out on her own. But she can't, because she simply doesn't have the proper motivation. Yet all these basic bitches in the courtyard are gossiping about her and her inability to accomplish something they know absolutely nothing about. And then her dad's embarrassed by it and takes it out on her by stifling her love of learning.

God don't like ugly. That's the only reason she's still alive and they're all dead. All of them. Who's laughing now?

King Rhoam's diary in Hyrule Castle confirms he was not having an easy time on it either and was harsh with her out of desperation and regrets the way he acted to her.

 

I have to say I adore how grounded the characters are in this one.  They respond to the stress of something like an infathomable oncoming evil in pretty realistic, flawed ways and it's great.  Even Link gets the most character development any Link character has ever had I think by reading Zelda's personal diary in Hyrule Castle (not the research diary found near the memory there).

 

 

Also agreed with everyone that Zelda was really good in this one.  At FIRST I didn't like her, found her snobbish and awkward.  But as you get more memories you start to see how the way she acts all comes together.  Reading the diaries in Hyrule Castle is the final glue that melds her, Link, and King Rhoam all together as strong characters with distinct, believable motivations for all their actions, good and bad.  Really love it.  I need to rewatch all the memories in chronological order at some point.  While it makes TOTAL sense for the way the game is structured (and Link regaining his memories), some of the individual moments do lose their impact when you don't have the full context.  The memory in which Link saves Zelda from the Yiga clan in Gerudo seemed really kinda random at the time but now I understand (from her diary) it was the turning point where Zelda becomes interested in what kind of person Link actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Uhm.... No? I didn't see anything reminiscent of outright romance.

Also, can we talk about how much of a dick people were to Zelda? She's trying to harness a power only women in her direct bloodline are supposed to be able to use. Her mom died awhile ago so she has to effectively figure it out on her own. But she can't, because she simply doesn't have the proper motivation. Yet all these basic bitches in the courtyard are gossiping about her and her inability to accomplish something they know absolutely nothing about. And then her dad's embarrassed by it and takes it out on her by stifling her love of learning.

God don't like ugly. That's the only reason she's still alive and they're all dead. All of them. Who's laughing now?

I doubt she's or anyone's laughing others died

5 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

Zelda did mention Ganon's final form being his ''pure, enraged form'', and well, rage IS a big part of Ganon's character, since he is basically an incarnation of Demise's grudge against Link and Zelda. If that's not enough, the final battle ends with Link throwing a light arrow straight into Ganon's core, as Zelda pointed out.

And again, we did see his first form, he was barely a sentient being at that point, which could indicate that the cycle of reincarnation is finally taking a tool on him.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say he can't come back, we've had people trying to resurrect Ganon in the past, it could be an alternative here.

Also to keep the discussion going, I think this is one of my favorite incarnations of Zelda, her character was really fleshed out through the game, it gave her struggles, some quirks, and even some good development, and she actually ACTS like someone who'd possess the power of the Triforce of Wisdom, when in almost every other incarnation it's almost an informed attribute.

Honestly I'd enjoy ganon finally ending his cycle. I mean how many times can you run reincarnation into the ground with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I'd pop in and give my two cents as someone who hasn't played (but has spoiled himself rotten):

 

I think someone in the Neogaf thread I was reading mentioned the whole Ganon giving up his reincarnation thing. From what they gathered from it, he didn't give up his ability to reincarnate entirely. Rather, it was more like his reincarnation was a "self-repair" process he was in the middle of doing. It was interfering with his ability to fight Link, so eventually Ganon decides "Fuck it" and discards all his "self-repair" to unleash his full malice on Link. That way, he could rid himself of the Princess and Hero at the moment, then start the "self-repair" again without interference.

 

Again, this is basically what I read and took from that other thread. How accurate it is I leave to your interpretation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.