Jump to content
Awoo.
Swing Your Fists! MIGHTY Finally Comes to TSS With A Brand New Theme, 'Armachillo'!

How powerful is super sonic and does his anger grow?


Meta77
 Share

Recommended Posts

StaticMania
Just now, ShroomZed said:

image

No he isn't. 

It's difficult to see but Sonic is noticeably "fatter" than shadow in the torso. Just saying. 

Are you serious about this? You're taking that comment too literally...too literally to the point that I hope it was a jokey joke. 

 

Even so, the guy said similar, not exactly the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I just pasted that image into PaintShop Pro for a close-up and, using the crop tool for measuring, I can't find a difference in the width or depth between Sonic and Shadow's torsos; the only "difference" I can see is that Shadow is more angular than Sonic, though Sonic does appear to have a slightly longer tail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Wait what makes you say shadow is slower? I thought they were even

From my understanding his speed in non teleportation instances mainly comes from his boots, though again he could actually be fast given to fight as fast as he does he would would then have to have fast movements. But no one in sonic despite that ability solving all their problems ever including sonic himself actually fights at high speeds, it all seems relatively normal , and when they go super they ram into shit like a blunt object. So outside of that speculation, along with shadow strait up being slower in the some of the games where sonic is also playable, including the racing games of all things. I think the implication is that shadow is, by how little it maybe slower.

Which I think is a good thing, I don't want the character I like to be good at everything and having things he isn't particularly good at and things he specializes in makes him special in comparison to others. And shadow has a myriad of abilities that make up for it, including teleportation that technically speaking makes him the fastest thing in the universe. Because teleportation is hypothetically speaking, instant. Along with time stop. These powers I personally feel fit his personality more.

So yes while there is no definitive proof, sega does say that sonic is the worlds fastest hedgehog, and the playable inclusons of these characters seem to indicate sonic is faster, on foot. 

 

This has reminded me of a conversation of how almost no one in sonic actually uses their powers in any effective manner besides tails. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Are you serious about this? You're taking that comment too literally...too literally to the point that I hope it was a jokey joke. 

 

Even so, the guy said similar, not exactly the same.

1. We were talking about muscular frames so I think this post was fitting. 

2. He said that Shadow was identical to Sonic. Actually read the posts I'm responding to and get some bloody context before hoping it was a joke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

StaticMania
Just now, ShroomZed said:

1. We were talking about muscular frames so I think this post was fitting. 

2. He said that Shadow was identical to Sonic. Actually read the posts I'm responding to and get some bloody context before hoping it was a joke. 

Really then, well how about that. Similar was a close enough word, I think. So I don't see a reason to get anymore context.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But does super sonic's strength change depending on the game.sonic adventure he beats a water God. 06 a time God. But in unleashed somehow Eggman is able to hold him in place somehow but yet he beats a earth god?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

But does super sonic's strength change depending on the game.sonic adventure he beats a water God. 06 a time God. But in unleashed somehow Eggman is able to hold him in place somehow but yet he beats a earth god?

Every sonic character Strength changes because story

 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forte-Metallix
46 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

But does super sonic's strength change depending on the game.sonic adventure he beats a water God. 06 a time God. But in unleashed somehow Eggman is able to hold him in place somehow but yet he beats a earth god?

That's because the device Super Sonic was trapped in was specifically designed to drain Chaos Energy from him. None of the Eldritch Abominations he's fought had that ability.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't measure power/abilities purely linearly anyway. Eggman's machine in Unleashed can "beat" Super Sonic but that doesn't mean it's "stronger" than Perfect Chaos or Solaris or whatever. Most likely it was designed specifically to contain and drain away his power.

Plus, Sonic doesn't always fight the final boss alone. Solaris had 3 hedgehogs pounding it, and Dark Gaia had Super Sonic and Chip in Megazord form.

  • Thumbs Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ShroomZed said:

image

No he isn't. 

It's difficult to see but Sonic is noticeably "fatter" than shadow in the torso. Just saying. 

Sonic isn't any fatter, that's an optical illusion as a result of Shadow's black color. They are officially identical, it's said in most of Shadow's profiles. 

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

From my understanding his speed in non teleportation instances mainly comes from his boots, though again he could actually be fast given to fight as fast as he does he would would then have to have fast movements. But no one in sonic despite that ability solving all their problems ever including sonic himself actually fights at high speeds, it all seems relatively normal , and when they go super they ram into shit like a blunt object. So outside of that speculation, along with shadow strait up being slower in the some of the games where sonic is also playable, including the racing games of all things. I think the implication is that shadow is, by how little it maybe slower.

Which I think is a good thing, I don't want the character I like to be good at everything and having things he isn't particularly good at and things he specializes in makes him special in comparison to others. And shadow has a myriad of abilities that make up for it, including teleportation that technically speaking makes him the fastest thing in the universe. Because teleportation is hypothetically speaking, instant. Along with time stop. These powers I personally feel fit his personality more.

So yes while there is no definitive proof, sega does say that sonic is the worlds fastest hedgehog, and the playable inclusons of these characters seem to indicate sonic is faster, on foot. 

 

This has reminded me of a conversation of how almost no one in sonic actually uses their powers in any effective manner besides tails. 

Shadow is a dark version of Sonic, and so he is identical to Sonic in appearance and abilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

 

Shadow is a dark version of Sonic, and so he is identical to Sonic in appearance and abilities. 

No, they don't Sonic can do stuff shadow cant do and vice versa

And now there are things that for canonical reasons that the other can't do. Whether for these things needing a specific set of circumstances to happen, like many of sonic's temporary power ups like the were hog, or being a completely different species like shadow. That's not true, hell its not even true they are identical in appearance, shadow and silver seem to be an entire different species of hedgehog than sonic or amy.  In the game shadow was introduced in people made fun of the idea of those two character being confused in any regard. 

The character you are looking for is scourge, and unfortunately he is scattered to to the winds of litigation.

Spoiler

Hopefully the rest of the comic isn't sharing the same fate soon enough

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

No, they don't Sonic can do stuff shadow cant do and vice versa

And now there are things that for canonical reasons that the other can't do. Whether for these things needing a specific set of circumstances to happen, like many of sonic's temporary power ups like the were hog, or being a completely different species like shadow. That's not true, hell its not even true they are identical in appearance, shadow and silver seem to be an entire different species of hedgehog than sonic or amy.  In the game shadow was introduced in people made fun of the idea of those two character being confused in any regard. 

The character you are looking for is scourge, and unfortunately he is scattered to to the winds of litigation.

  Reveal hidden contents

Hopefully the rest of the comic isn't sharing the same fate soon enough

 

Image result for sonic generations shadow profile

File:SonicHeroes GC US manual.pdf

Shadow the Hedgehog was created, as a character, to be a dark version of Sonic. He was always intended to be a character that looks like Sonic and has Sonic's abilities. I will never understand why many people aren't aware of this fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP
6 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Image result for sonic generations shadow profile

File:SonicHeroes GC US manual.pdf

Shadow the Hedgehog was created, as a character, to be a dark version of Sonic. He was always intended to be a character that looks like Sonic and has Sonic's abilities. I will never understand why many people aren't aware of this fact.

I've heard both.

I know that Shadow is created, as a character, to be a dark version of Sonic. I have also heard that they have identical abilities and speed. However, although 06 shows that the three hedgehogs can all use chaos control to warp time and space, which does support the fact that Sonic and Shadow have the same abilities, Sonic cannot teleport and I have also read in character descriptions of Sonic that he is 'the fastest hedgehog in the world'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He doesn't look like sonic, and has different abilities from sonic.

One of those descriptions is horribly outdated, and the other one strait lies to you. And the one that lies to you strait up doesn't say they share all their abilities, they just share agility and speed. Which again mentioned by the person above me isn't true because sonic is faster. 

So no, it still stands. 

Descriptions in sonic games are notoriously wrong and bad, and often the people who work in the franchise have to clarify because they change what they want characters to be on whims. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sonic+Shadow+Silver=OP said:

I've heard both.

I know that Shadow is created, as a character, to be a dark version of Sonic. I have also heard that they have identical abilities and speed. However, although 06 shows that the three hedgehogs can all use chaos control to warp time and space, which does support the fact that Sonic and Shadow have the same abilities, Sonic cannot teleport and I have also read in character descriptions of Sonic that he is 'the fastest hedgehog in the world'.

Sonic teleports in SA2, several times when you fight him as Shadow. Shadow is the same speed as Sonic, canonically. There is no difference in abilities other than how they use it. 

The descriptions don't lie. If you think they lie, then your just stuck in your own headcanons and can't accept when the actual canon proves it wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Sonic teleports in SA2, several times when you fight him as Shadow. Shadow is the same speed as Sonic, canonically. There is no difference in abilities other than how they use it. 

The descriptions don't lie. If you think they lie, then your just stuck in your own headcanons and can't accept when the actual canon proves it wrong.

Shadow can teleport with seemingly no chaos emeralds, and this power only shows up once and seems to be forgotten, like shadows boots giving him the ability to float. There is a such thing called a retconned

Further more, descriptions lie, are outdated, or get reconnected all the time. It something fairly common in media in which there are multiple desciptions of the character at any given time and the descriptions of said characters get changed around, whether they are a lie at the time or retroactively made a lie it doesn't happen. The end result is, in regards to the series as a whole, isn't true. 

The lie i'm referring to, that they are the " spitting image" is a lie because its untrue, its actually untrue, to the degree in which it is laughed at by the fanbase that the series has and its detractors. And as far as abilities go, even the descriptions have retconned the notion that sonic and shadow share all their powers , they do not.

You talk about headcanon, when in actuality your head canon is that everything said about sonic is some solid unchanging entitiy rather than something with the help of occasional developer talks we have been able to peice together. 

Almost no brand works like that, descriptions change, characters change, that is something you need to accept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monkey Destruction Switch

OK, we've gotten pretty far off topic and I remember last time we had a tangent  about Sonic and Shadow's abilities relative to each other, it was a headache. So I'm going to ask that we steer this thread back on course and drop this "are Shadow and Sonic identical" thing. Thanks!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As some have said outside final bosses Sonics only been super twice I think. One in 3 the other in unleashed.  Besides that the times he is turned he is mad it's come to this. Sonic is peeved at this point but to me he just seems cocky and arrogant. Such as at the end of the final hazard. "Do you know who I am!!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

That line is said during the result screen after the Shadow fight in the redundant Green Forest....

Are you sure I swear after sonic. If he's the one you finish the fight with he says it there to. I'm going to research all his post transformation lines and come  back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.