Awoo.

who has killed the most in the sonic game verse

Meta77

By this I mean any sort of way be it off screen or wiping out portions of the world. Top two in my head are Solaris and maybe devil doom

That was one person  lol. Take for instance black doom. The used the eclipse cannon to wipe out a entire  city full if people

Ironically enough, GUN killed the most out of every Sonic game. Losing to Black Doom or Solaris, but still up there, since they killed hundreds of people off screen.

If this was actually addressed in the series, then Eggman's world-splitting beam in Unleashed probably killed more than anyone else. Although I guess Iblis may have in the future? I can't remember if it's ever explicitly stated that very few people survived in Silver's time.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, Pawn said:

If this was actually addressed in the series, then Eggman's world-splitting beam in Unleashed probably killed more than anyone else. Although I guess Iblis may have in the future? I can't remember if it's ever explicitly stated that very few people survived in Silver's time.

Oh wow I forgot eggman did that. Yea that island he hit. Anyone there was gone not to mention tidalwaves wiping out cities.

• Thumbs Up 2

are we counting indirect actions/events as well? because i'm sure that the effects of the destruction of half the moon led to lots of casualities, also the world-splitting beam from unleashed, and even advance 3 events, not counting other events/operations.Tthat's a big count under Dr. Eggman's name.

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yes  Indirect counts. And what happened in advance  3 again?

Eggman used Chaos Control to split the world into 7 different dimensions or something.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Eggman used Chaos Control to split the world into 7 different dimensions or something.

Ah depends if it was simply droken up. Unlike unleashed he used a beam that literally set off a nuke sized explosion setting off the world splitting  possibly drowning some.  and I'm sure gaias monsters killed some to

The franchise has killed everyone's hopes and dreams for the series to ever be good.

That's a kill count that can't be matched.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Cola said:

shadow shot a lot of people with guns in his game and they all died

That's not full cannon depending on the path to true ending though

Sonic destroyed a heap of robots in his time. A LOT of robots. Destroyed entire fleets of robots, smiling all the way.

He is a psychopath, smashing robots without mercy. Some of them are just leading peaceful lives, but then Sonic comes along and breaks them apart for no reason.

Remember the innocent bots who lost their lives to the blue hedgehog...

And if you say robots aren't real beings, you're a robophobe. /s

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Soldier: 76 said:

Sonic destroyed a heap of robots in his time. A LOT of robots. Destroyed entire fleets of robots, smiling all the way.

He is a psychopath, smashing robots without mercy. Some of them are just leading peaceful lives, but then Sonic comes along and breaks them apart for no reason.

Remember the innocent bots who lost their lives to the blue hedgehog...

And if you say robots aren't real beings, you're a robophobe. /s

......thise robots are not real beings....besides metal and gmerl

Chaos is a huge contender since it virtually killed off an entire race to extinction, leaving only Knuckles left, and then later continued on to ravage all of Station Square. 

I'd give the edge for Chaos, though. Only for the simple fact that they alluded the deaths he caused directly and indirectly more clearly with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

......thise robots are not real beings....besides metal and gmerl

How exactly do they qualify as "real beings"?

Just because they have actual personalities doesn't make them any more alive than your average Badnik.

Elise erased an entire timeline, effectively killing everyone within it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't count Solaris. True, we're never told that it didn't kill anyone, but our heroes survived being transported to the time-space rift so there's little reason to believe that anyone else died as a result.

As for who killed the most:

The Deadly Six: Drained a significant portion of the planet according to Eggman. Although, there was apparently a fair amount left and the people affected by the drain were able to be restored simply by reversing the machine so whether or not they were truly "dead" is debatable.

Erazor Djinn: Another candidate with his erasing of the Arabian Nights. However, it's not clear how many people actually live in the world of the Arabian Nights. Is it fully populated, or is it just the people who appear in the stories themselves? The answer could have a significant effect on his kill count.

Iblis: All but stated to have wiped out a significant portion of the Earth's population upon its release. It, it's monsters, and the inhospitable conditions resulting from its devastation, presumably killed many more over the course of 200+ years. It's heavily implied that there are very few people left alive by Silver's time.

Chaos: Wiped out the Knuckles Tribe and presumably killed more in Station Square. Probably not even close to Iblis's level, it had to leave enough echidnas alive to breed for the next 4,000 years and the scope of its destruction is far more limited in any case. Still, Chaos deserves mention for being the first Sonic villain to have such a large confirmed kill count, and for being the only one where the loss of life itself is focused on (at least for the echidnas), is important to the series lore, and isn't undone in the end. Only GUN in SA2 comes close to that and their kill count was significantly smaller than what Chaos's is implied to be.

Emerl: If you ignore Chronicles then Emerl is responsible for flat out destroying the Fourth Great Civilization and, having been designed to be a walking WMD, he's probably killed even more than that.

Shadow: In addition to his part in blowing up Prison Island (and the many potentially lethal actions he can take in his own game) Shadow also blew up the Black Comet, wiping out the Black Arms. This puts his kill count on par with, if not in excess of, Chaos and Emerl. Plus, if you ask the GUN Commander, Shadow can also be held responsible for the people killed during the ARK incident, so there's that too.

Dr. Eggman: Between blowing up Prison Island, destroying half the moon, splitting Earth with a giant laser, tearing the planet asunder with Chaos control, and especially wiping out a cluster of stars (along with any alien planets orbiting them) with the Final Egg Blaster in Battle Eggman has a massive potential kill count under his belt. "Potential" is, of course, the key word here. Outside of the Prison Island thing the potential death toll of those actions is never even implicitly acknowledged in game, making it ambiguous as to whether or not the writer's actually intended for us to assume that casualties existed. Still, I'll give him points for just how lethal his actions may have been, even if we can't confirm that they were. Eggman also gets some extra credit for releasing Chaos, making him indirectly responsible for the deaths in Station Square.

Ultimately though, my vote for most lethal Sonic villain has to go to Iblis.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd give it to Eggman. DO NOT be deceived by his simple design; he is no Gruntilda or Cortex. He belongs more with the Icon of Sin, Shodan, Lord Brevon, and Dr. Weil. His first confirmed kill was Tails in the 8-bit Sonic 2, if you failed to collect the emeralds. And then he started the death egg project, which probably killed thousands from radiation, exhauststion, and toxic fumes. He was gladly going to use this to wipe out thousands of potential dissenters, and countless more bystanders. Even before that, it was clear he wanted Sonic dead, and who knows how many died from his pollution and secondhand smoke, not to mention the crash of the Sky Base. Ever since, he has been obsessed with weapons and creatures of mass death. Mecha Sonic, Metal Sonic Kai, Chaos, Solaris, the Eclipse Cannon, Dark Gaia... His world-splitting incidents are a special case, where he's killed possibly tens of millions via earthquakes, fissures, and a wave of eldritch possessions and attacks, likely resulting in people's darkest and most evil desires to come to the forefront. While he's calmed down starting with S4, it seems he's only PLAYING dumb, and one may notice his Wisp abuse, which likely led to hundreds of Wisp deaths. 

And then get into other continuities. Eggman's goals in some are less "world domination" and more "genocide or even omnicide." By the time Archie's comic lightened up, Eggman had the blood of untold GOOGOLPLEXES on his hands without even knowing it. 

Chaos is also notable for indirectly leading to the extinction of at least one species after his rampage. Emerl may have also helped. Solaris, Erazor, and Black Doom are all very lethal too.  Others, like Mecha Sonic, Dark Gaia, Neo Metal Sonic, and Ix all seem like they had the potential to be extremely fatal. Heck, even the likes of the Deadly Six have at least shown DESIRE for death! But in the end, Eggman takes the cake in lethality.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

That's not full cannon depending on the path to true ending though

dude he shoots people with a gun did you not see this guy

I thought meant like hero , because if that's the case, shadow killed a lot of folks. And is rather content with it. 

But in general? Eggman, I recall him just casually destroying a universe or some planets or something. So you know... that. Hypothetically? Mephilis and Iblis? We don't know how many lives and planets were taken when the future happened

Wait who was responsible for genocide city. Even today that stage freaks me out. Those bodies on the wall.

Also iblis did destroy a lot and was left to be as stated above for 200 years. But eggmam has done a lot. Even when i was younger I was like lord he blew up prison island who knows how many families were stationed there. Sega never implies, it but man they wipe a good number of people out

19 hours ago, Meta77 said:

That was one person  lol. Take for instance black doom. The used the eclipse cannon to wipe out a entire  city full if people

The next cut-scene confirms that everyone was safely evacuated.

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Wait who was responsible for genocide city. Even today that stage freaks me out. Those bodies on the wall.

Genocide City is not canon.  Any footage you've seen of it is fanmade, and I believe the most popular version (Sonic 2 Long Version) ripped it's graphics for Genocide City from a Batman game or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, JezMM said:

The next cut-scene confirms that everyone was safely evacuated.

Genocide City is not canon.  Any footage you've seen of it is fanmade, and I believe the most popular version (Sonic 2 Long Version) ripped it's graphics for Genocide City from a Batman game or something like that.

Darn well black doom loses points than if that's the case. Actually he may be lower tier

Seriously? :( I always thought that was official.  least the name was going to be used though