Awoo.

who has killed the most in the sonic game verse

Meta77

22 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but video games...aren't real.

Yes, if Earth was actually split apart into pieces, people would die. In fact, I'm quite sure that everyone would die. Destruction of that magnitude would likely wipe out all life on Earth. But that would make for a shitty game, so they fudge the facts and have the pieces just harmlessly float a bit, while life continues as normal. And considering the optimistic nature of the series, I see no reason not to extend this complete denial of realistic consequences to people living on or near the fault lines.

Of course they fudge facts. It would raise the rating. Sort of like in the 90s. When the power rangers fight in the city at random and fall into buildings and streets you know people were probably around.  Sonics not a m rated series for a reason. Doesn't change unseen things don't happen or imply. He'll they imply chaos wiped out a entire race

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a difference between something being implied and you assuming something happened because it seems to make sense based on your own logical reasoning even if it's not shown or implied in any way.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

There is a difference between something being implied and you assuming something happened because it seems to make sense based on your own logical reasoning even if it's not shown or implied in any way.

I'm trying to say it's not my reasoning anything given the circumstances would imply someone dies.  i Understand most here want sonic to stay this cute whimsical free loving hedge but just cause something is not shown does not mean. It did or has happened. Hell they killed Maria but I guess cause we don't see the gun or the shot hit her we can assume she only fainted. Cause they never did say she was killed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

Ken Penders killed an entire comic continuity, does that count?

Ha! I do think the drama he brought to the comic destroyed so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I'm trying to say it's not my reasoning anything given the circumstances would imply someone dies.  i Understand most here want sonic to stay this cute whimsical free loving hedge but just cause something is not shown does not mean. It did or has happened. Hell they killed Maria but I guess cause we don't see the gun or the shot hit her we can assume she only fainted. Cause they never did say she was killed.

Maria was confirmed dead, no one is confirmed or even implied to be dead due to the planet splitting. That you want this series to have a high body count doesn't make it the case.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah honestly I find it kind of uncomfortable that anyone would WANT this series to have hundreds of people dying in it.  What does it add?  It just makes an upbeat game series that's fun to escape to - whether you're playing the cheerful classics or the action-movie-esque modern games - really really fucking depressing to think about by dwelling on death counts.

Like why does it matter so much that millions of people die in the Sonic series lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Yeah honestly I find it kind of uncomfortable that anyone would WANT this series to have hundreds of people dying in it.  What does it add?  It just makes an upbeat game series that's fun to escape to - whether you're playing the cheerful classics or the action-movie-esque modern games - really really fucking depressing to think about by dwelling on death counts.

Like why does it matter so much that millions of people die in the Sonic series lol.

It doesn't matter lol it really doesn't.  I guess I'm just trying to put logic on situations where if it really happened people would be dead while everyone else is going by Looney tunes logic where noting bad ever happened to anyone regardless of events happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I'm being that guy but I just love how we're having a conversation about how many people have died/been killed in the fucking Sonic the Hedgehog series of all things 

like seriously, why is this a thing. This isn't Animals of Farthing Wood. This isn't Walking Dead. This isn't a series that kills people off left and right. I find it really funny that some people keep trying to prove that people have been killed, like it makes the series cool if a lot of people have died. It's really juvenile honestly. 

3 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

That cuts both ways. As I said in the Forces topic, Sonic games are rife with catastrophes that would realistically result in a significant number of deaths but the death toll is rarely addressed one way or the other. Whether you want to believe that Perfect Chaos killed a ton of people when it attacked Station Square, like it did when it wiped out the echidnas, or that everybody miraculously survived the attack, as per Sonic XAdventure won't contradict you either way. Trying to argue that one or the other is absolutely true in canon is pointless, we may as well argue over whether or not Espio canonically likes snow cones, there is literally no evidence to support either side.

However, I will say that the series has never particular shied away from the concept of death.Plenty of games in the series have had instances where character flat out try to kill each other. Many have had people, be it a few individuals or an entire civilization, dying as part of their backstory. Some games have even had characters die during the events of the story (though it doesn't always stick). Hell, the Storybooks basically had death as their primary theme. If you want to believe that all those destroyed cities evacuated in time you're free to do so, but the argument that nobody dies because Sonic isn't that kind of series kinda rings hollow.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cream_the_Rabbit_Advance2.thumb.png.0ec1fc9a32075174ca0ba20333b26376.png

The true face of murder right here. because underneath that cute & adorable face, lies a killer that even the most evil will be afraid of.

Seriously you don't want to know what kind of acts she does with that chao.

I mean, Super Paper Mario literally killed off the entire universe in a cataclysmic black hole and the tone didn't suffer any for it nor really betray what Mario as a franchise is about. Body counts are really only as meaningful as a work makes them out to be, whether it addresses them, whether it lingers upon their emotional ramifications, and whether or not there's an out. In general, I don't see how entertaining the thought that someone probably got rekt in the Earth splitting apart in Unleashed suddenly makes Unleashed itself super dark or inappropriate.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I mean, Super Paper Mario literally killed off the entire universe in a cataclysmic black hole and the tone didn't suffer any for it nor really betray what Mario as a franchise is about. Body counts are really only as meaningful as a work makes them out to be, whether it addresses them, whether it lingers upon their emotional ramifications, and whether or not there's an out. In general, I don't see how entertaining the thought that someone probably got rekt in the Earth splitting apart in Unleashed suddenly makes Unleashed itself super dark or inappropriate.

Need to play paper Mario. Never have. But I can agree to that sum up

Essentially, the Sonic series doesn't like to dwell on lasting consequences or draw links to real-life tragedies.  That would compromise its sense of fun and fantasy, where the villains can engage in outrageous plots which in the real world obviously would kill millions of people but which in Sonic can be fixed by fighting a big monster with everything going back to normal at the end of the day.  You can criticise it, but that's how it is.

All's well that ends well, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

One can say this yes. Except in sonic adventure where the city is still destroyed and sonic just runs off after eggman lol like ummmmm what about this flooded city