Awoo.

SATAM vs AOSTH

Eternal EX

Okay soo both series ran at the same time back in the early-mid 90's. But AOSTH some how managed to pull more episodes and my title of favorite sonic toon. My main question is Am I really one of the few people on this forum who prefer AOSTH (adventures of sonic the hedgehog) over SATAM? (Sonic the hedgehog)

I mean yeah both series were good but I personally think AOSTH just seemed more...."SONICY" over the other. In SATAM I rarely saw sonic acting.... well Sonic just like in his games, but in AOSTH he was always "SONIC the blue blur".

Yeah probably AOSTH because I watched that mainly as I was younger, but SatAM wasn't that bad either.

Edited by Blazing Sol

I loved both shows equally as much as each other, though I had completely different reasons for liking each show obviously.

They're both tied as my favourite Sonic cartoons. ^_^

My main question is Am I really one of the few people on this forum who prefer AOSTH (adventures of sonic the hedgehog) over SATAM? (Sonic the hedgehog)

I don't even know of many people who prefer SatAM over AoStH. I thought I was the only one.

Yeah, I liked SatAM. It has one of my favorite Sonic characters (Antoine, even though his mini-episodes sucked), and I enjoyed the Freedom Fighters as characters. The stories were interesting, and the mythos set the stage for Archie Sonic - the very thing that got me into Sonic in the first place.

I don't have many fond memories with AoStH, but it's alright at best. Sonic CD is and will always by my favorite Sonic animation, though. ♥

Back in the day, I liked AoSTH more so (that I video taped all episodes airing) than more so than SatAM. Well, when it comes to comedy and drama, it's comedy for me mostly. Nowadays, it's sorta even now. Though most internet memes surrounding the former would get me more into it, if that makes sense.

AoStH.

It was poorly-animated, poorly-written, contrived, and downright silly. But y'know, it was what it was, and I found it entertaining in its inane simplicity.

To me, AoStH was bad and fun. SatAM was just bad and pretentious.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

Haha, much love for AoStH! Glad to see so many people prefer it ♥

I do love SatAM, but AoStH will always be my favourite for the simple reason of the adorable dynamic between Sonic and Tails. The fluff factor was racked up to warp factor 10 in that show. Silly and surreal, it may be. But it was down right CUTE.

AoStH.

It was poorly-animated, poorly-written, contrived, and downright silly. But y'know, it was what it was, and I found it entertaining in its inane simplicity.

This. I really don't need any other words. Yeah, sure, the Italian dub changed many names, except Sonic, but I have nice memories of that cartoon.

Edit: Did I ever mentioned , Mister, that you have an awesome username?

Edited by Franlight

AoStH was simply stupid most of the time- especially the parts with Sonic, but I have to say, Robotnik was awesome in that show. His colorful vocabulary(WHAT AN EEEEEEVILICIOUS DAY!), the way he was drawn, his flamboyant nature(which some other forms of Eggman capture, including the game one at points). I think Robotnik made the show, and he luckily had a lot of screen time- more so than Sonic, one could argue.

The show did have its own moments- sometimes it could be genuinely funny, as opposed to just being funny because it's bad. Namely, again, with Robotnik, and Scratch and Grounder. And the animation wasn't always horrible. Some episodes looked really really good, like the Quest for the Chaos Emerald "story arc", as well as Super Robotnik. Now that I think about it, there were only a few that struck me as having truly horrible animation.

SatAM was stupid as well. It definitely had the higher budget, and that was reflected in the product, but it didn't have the same charm AoStH did. It was too dark, and came off as being pretentious.

Both shows were mostly Sonic in name only, but there was more effort in AoStH to adapt concepts from the games. That's why I have to say, AoStH wins for me.

AoStH is absolutely awful. The humor's dry and unfunny, the plot is.. none exsistant, and the art is just abysmal.

SATAM is however is well written, from the character development, to the overall story. The art style is consistant, as well as the animation.

I think it's obvious which is better.

While SatAM had more of a story, that's not the kind of stuff I wanted when I was 5. I wanted RUNNING, SCREAMING AND BRIGHT COLORS. So naturally, I liked AoStH more. But now that I'm (much) older, I appreciate SatAM for what it is.

NOWADAYS AOSTH is my favorite because its pretty funny with its bad animation and clever jokes.

(and because it's now a youtube poop fad)

I used to shun both those cartoons and sing praises to Underground.

But now I can hardly watch the show.

AOSTH FTW! And for the Ppppppromotion

AoStH is absolutely awful. The humor's dry and unfunny, the plot is.. none exsistant, and the art is just abysmal.

SATAM is however is well written, from the character development, to the overall story. The art style is consistant, as well as the animation.

I think it's obvious which is better.

If it's so obvious, why is AoStH winning out at the moment? :P

You're entitled to a personal opinion, of course, but there's nothing 'obvious' about it. The shows are like chalk and cheese... aimed at entirely different audiences. They both have their pros and cons ^^

(Personally, I think parts of SatAM were terribly written, such as Tails' character. But eh, it was an awesome show anyway.)

If it's so obvious, why is AoStH winning out at the moment? :P

You're entitled to a personal opinion, of course, but there's nothing 'obvious' about it. The shows are like chalk and cheese... aimed at entirely different audiences. They both have their pros and cons ^^

(Personally, I think parts of SatAM were terribly written, such as Tails' character. But eh, it was an awesome show anyway.)

I guess I should've made it clear it was opinionated.

But I dunno what somebody could see in AoStH, it's just.. weird. Not in the good way. You're right, Tails was given a little less spotlight, but it made way for a few new characters, which is all good in my opinion?

Oh, I agree that the new characters were great. I personally love Sally and Bunnie to the ends of the earth. I just wish their development hadn't been at the expense of Tails' status and characterisation.

I've always liked SatAM better than AoStH. SatAM only came on once a week whereas AoStH came on 5 days a week. So I got a much bigger dose of AoStH than I did SatAM. SatAM was something I'd look forward to all week. And AoSth was what I'd watch while I was half asleep getting ready for school. I don't think it came on the same time everywhere but here it was on at 6am Monday - Friday.

Being a big fan of the Archie comics, I prefer SatAM myself.

Both AoStH and SatAM are still airing on a TV channel called 'Pop' and I watch AoStH.

Only occasionally do I watch SatAM.

I love AoStH, pretty much purely for it's comedy.

And Rrrrrrobotnik.

Scratch and Grounder(and Coconuts!) were probably some of the best characters ever. It's surprised me how no-one's mentioned them yet. (YES YOUR MALICIOUSNESS) ^^

That said, I did like Bunnie in SatAM, the others I could never, well...like.

I like and dislike them both for different reasons.

AoSTH was a fun show. That's all I need to state. All reasons to dislike it are already known.

SATAM was a great show, too. The art was beautiful, it was well written, and it had a lot of depth. However, Sonic and Sally stole the lime light from other important characters, Robotnik was very shallow, and... I didn't like Antoine's face. It bugged me. :lol: My fav. episode of that series would have to be the pilot episode, because everyone got a chance to shine (and Tails was just friggin' adoreable).

I'm more into AOSTH. It's a classic cartoon that I grew up with. It had some great slapstick comedy and the episodes were written excellently. An extremely fun cartoon to watch, I still watch it occasionally.

SATAM is alright, I never heavily got into it like AOSTH. One big thing I noticed about SATAM was that the colors and animation was more smooth. I used to read the Archie comics and I did notice a few characters in the show. It was pretty cool to see them animated when I first watched. I want to get the DVDs, so I can get into it more.

I don't get where people are getting depth and character development from SatAM. Are we watching the same show?

AoStH.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

AoStH played off the MegaDrive Sonic series (which I love/d), and DIDNT start adding a whole bunch of new sidekicks/team mates.

AoStH 1

SatAM 0

Though, the majority of AoStH's original characters were mind numbingly terrible, at least they were so bad they were good. XD