Awoo.

So why did you originally join sonic stadium?

Meta77

For me I've been around from the start. Back when people would have huge sigs and dreadknux was around. But mainly as a sonic fanboy upon a Google search it was nice to find others that enjoyed our blue friend and his games and movies to talk with.

I wanted to tell the world that Sonic 2006 couldn't be that bad, and wanted to post pictures of my OC.

Good times.

• Thumbs Up 8

Pretty sure because it had Sonic in the name. I was a bit turned off by the lack of a swear word censor at the time though (HA). I wanted to join a site where everyone loved Sonic!!

...I should've kept looking

I joined for the Marketplace because I was interested in some items people were selling when I was still massively into collecting Sonic merchandise, I eventually dabbled in debates and talking about Sonic and other games, then became a main stay member for about 4 or 5 years before moving on. Made some good friends here though like @Indigo Rush and @spinny 

• Thumbs Up 2

I tend to say it occasionally, but it's worth repeating.

I was literally searching news about Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and i've stumbled into the local thread here. I liked the place, so i decided to try giving it a go. And as i mentioned too multiple times, i've never come to regret it. Take it from a person who browses the Internet since 2005, this is one of the best communities i've seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

My first Sonic community was Sonicanime.net due to reaching the age where I was allowed to use the internet freely coinciding with the release of Sonic X, which, as a recently gotten-back-into-the-franchise-via-SA2/SA1/Sonic Mega Collection-on-Gamecube fan was of great interest to me as I had totally gotten into the lore and characters via those games.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the community just steadily died down and abandoned the boards for the most part around... I dunno, 2010ish?  At the very latest, probably earlier than that.  Most of my SA.net friends had migrated here or disappeared out of the Sonic fanbase realm/internet entirely, so I followed the former group over.

I've never been AS attached to SSMB as SA.net was but I think that's a product of time and age rather than the quality of the boards.  As a teenager, and it being my first foray into an online community, I was much more active in hanging out with and getting to know people.  I don't have that kinda time anymore and tend to gravitate towards having just a few super close friends instead.  Nonetheless, I am still plenty nostalgic for that community when it was at it's most "big/busy yet tight-knit" days.

So yeah basically y'all are my Sonic fanbase rebound relationship/sloppy seconds. ?

I'm not entirely sure of the sequence of events that led me here, but I remember that the GameFAQs Sonic boards got a little too toxic my liking, and I just sort of left and ended up here.

I might've posted there a few times afterwards, but eh.

13 minutes ago, Lady Soniko said:

I joined for the Marketplace because I was interested in some items people were selling when I was still massively into collecting Sonic merchandise, I eventually dabbled in debates and talking about Sonic and other games, then became a main stay member for about 4 or 5 years before moving on. Made some good friends here though like @Indigo Rush and @spinny 

Lol if not for you I wouldn't have obtained my sa2 ost. Funny how things can work out in life

Because GHZ had a link to it on the homepage at the time because they won in that year's SSA.

I just wanted to talk about Sonic.

Little did I realize the mistake that I have made, foolish as I was.

But at least I get to show off whatever crawls out of my head with people that generally care about it. (...I think.) And made a few friends too.

I'll start with a little known fact about me: I actually had an account here all the way back in 2006 or something, with a completely different name and general online identity. I joined because I'd just discovered what forums were and had yet to join a Sonic one, and TSS was (and still is) the main Sonic news site I visited.

I didn't post much because forums were still intimidating to me back then to my mentally-immature teenage self that I just dropped out.

Of course that ancient account went down with the server wipe.

I finally joined again for real in 2013 because I wanted to be in a more welcoming Sonic-related environment.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I'll start with a little known fact about me: I actually had an account here all the way back in 2006 or something, with a completely different name and general online identity. I joined because I'd just discovered what forums were and had yet to join a Sonic one, and TSS was (and still is) the main Sonic news site I visited.

I didn't post much because forums were still intimidating to me back then to my mentally-immature teenage self that I just dropped out.

Of course that ancient account went down with the server wipe.

I finally joined again for real in 2013 because I wanted to be in a more welcoming Sonic-related environment.

Same I think I was in late high school when this site first started. Lord it makes you feel so old thinking back on how far it's come since then.

Oh wait, I remember more details. I used to check Sonic Stadium as a secondary Sonic news site way back when. My main news site was TSSZ.

I remember when I first joined I was itsameluigi1290 and stayed that way for a while, up until the FE RP thingy happened. That was awesome.

I think another of the main reasons I joined had something to do with the Pokémon Anime thread? Seeing people talk about it and not despising it was great.

I think Spinny, Felix, SuperLink, RosaRosaRosalina and Galabance were my first friends here, but it's been a LOOOONG time so I don't remember for sure. I liked talking to Soniko and Spin Attaxx as well. I kinda gravitated into conversations with them.

I also wanted to post my art too? I wasn't expecting praise but then people like JezMM and the guy who did Sonic in Jaws even complimented me. I think those two posts are still in my art thread since it was in the time frame that wasn't erased by the server wipe. To this day those comments make me happy. ;v;

...I think I reminisced a bit too much, whoops

• Thumbs Up 3

Because I have a history of making bad decisions

Don't remember the exact timeline at this point, but I was a member of Sonic Cult for a few years, that community changed hands and then I just up and left. At the time when site affiliations were a thing (or at least a bigger thing), I believe Sonic Stadium was linked so I started coming here. I remember there was a validating forum and stuff, too. Kinda stuck around for a few years on and off, then the first big wipe happened and I came back again briefly before just stopping altogether. Was a member of the Find the Computer Room forums for a few years and then that eventually went down and came back here because there was a lot of active Archie discussion at the time and stuck around since.

Spoiler

Now I'm stuck here 'til I decide to retire :P

3 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I liked talking to Soniko and Spin Attaxx as well. I kinda gravitated into conversations with them.

I'm sorry if I ever seemed like I didn't want to talk or we didn't talk enough, I'm quite oblivious to people wanting to converse and usually have a lot of people wanting to talk but yeah my obliviousness is pretty apparent or I just simply did not see lol ^^;

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wanted somewhere to discuss video games, and the SSMB seemed about the right size for it; not so big that every message is instantly forgotten and every poster is essentially anonymous.  Did I also really like Sonic?  I don't think I was ever Sonic's biggest fan, but I was interested enough to have found this site in the first place and acknowledged that it was a good centre for Sonic-related discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Oh wait, I remember more details. I used to check Sonic Stadium as a secondary Sonic news site way back when. My main news site was TSSZ.

I remember when I first joined I was itsameluigi1290 and stayed that way for a while, up until the FE RP thingy happened. That was awesome.

I think another of the main reasons I joined had something to do with the Pokémon Anime thread? Seeing people talk about it and not despising it was great.

I think Spinny, Felix, SuperLink, RosaRosaRosalina and Galabance were my first friends here, but it's been a LOOOONG time so I don't remember for sure. I liked talking to Soniko and Spin Attaxx as well. I kinda gravitated into conversations with them.

I also wanted to post my art too? I wasn't expecting praise but then people like JezMM and the guy who did Sonic in Jaws even complimented me. I think those two posts are still in my art thread since it was in the time frame that wasn't erased by the server wipe. To this day those comments make me happy. ;v;

...I think I reminisced a bit too much, whoops

Hey memories are good. Honestly it's nice to remember some things. I watched a yt video last night of some old fox kids flash games. I shed a tear for those days

• Thumbs Up 2

most german sonic boards are pretty much dead by now, so that's when i have decided to go international. kek.

I think I saw a comment regarding Generations I disagreed with and signed up just to quickly respond lol. Then this site dragged me into its dark depths haha

• Thumbs Up 1

I joined because I wanted some new Message Board to talk about Sonic. I don't remember why exactly I opted by an International forum (When I joined, my english was very bad), I think I talk better now.

1 hour ago, Solister said:

I joined because I wanted some new Message Board to talk about Sonic. I don't remember why exactly I opted by an International forum (When I joined, my english was very bad), I think I talk better now.

Your English is good if you always talk like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember one of the first topics I posted in was the Lara-Su Chronicles topic, so wanting to post in there definitely had something to do with it. I guess in general I had also just reached the point where I was ready to actually participate in the Sonic fandom as opposed to just watching on the sidelines; I joined the BumbleKing forums a little over a year earlier.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Lady Soniko said:

I'm sorry if I ever seemed like I didn't want to talk or we didn't talk enough, I'm quite oblivious to people wanting to converse and usually have a lot of people wanting to talk but yeah my obliviousness is pretty apparent or I just simply did not see lol ^^;

Ah, no worries. I actually was pretty shy (even with online people) back then so I was pretty reserved when trying to talk to people in general. c:

I can't remember the exact circumstances behind me joining the old forums back in the early 2000s. As for why I joined the current version of the boards, well, I started lurking the forums in mid/late 2011 and eventually I figured, hey, why not make an account? It was after Generations was already out that I finally did...from what I remember that was a pretty chaotic time, huh.

Next thing I knew I started making friends with some weirdos, visiting the forum became a regular habit, and well...just over five years later, here we are.

• Thumbs Up 1