Awoo.

So why did you originally join sonic stadium?

Meta77

7 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I can't remember the exact circumstances behind me joining the old forums back in the early 2000s. As for why I joined the current version of the boards, well, I started lurking the forums in mid/late 2011 and eventually I figured, hey, why not make an account? It was after Generations was already out that I finally did...from what I remember that was a pretty chaotic time, huh.

Next thing I knew I started making friends with some weirdos, visiting the forum became a regular habit, and well...just over five years later, here we are.

I'm glad Sega made sonic otherwise we wouldn't have had this site formed. Make me wonder what it be like had we not had any sonic games or media made

Honestly I can't remember why and how I joined here. I was aware of the Sonic community from at least the early 2000s (e.g. Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta, Sonic HQ, Sonic Cult, Sonic Classic, Sonic Anime and Sonic Vegemite, the latter I joined and was my first forum) but for some reason wasn't aware of The Sonic Stadium until at least early 2008. Only because the admin and one of the former mods from the community that I was went here, both no longer go here (Dopply and UncleChuckTH). They were both surprised that I haven't joined here considering that I'm a fan of the series but I don't think the atmosphere was for me at the time. Saying that it took until 2013 until I finally joined but if you asked me how I found it or why I joined, I don't know. It was around the time of Lost World though. After checking the introduction thread, apparently I joined here because of comfort? Hmm...

As for why I stayed, well I don't have anywhere else to go and from the looks of things perhaps one of the few places online that I look at. Plus there are some good decent people around here even when things get ugly. Well apart from 2015 since I didn't know the place went back up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanted to talk with people about Archie Sonic. And then Flynn closed Bumbleking Forum, so I moved here.

Back in 2013, I was looking for Sonic communities. So I found this place and joined.

And then forgot about this place for two whole years.

After my sudden disappearance, I came back around as I was reading around for Sonic news for whatever reason. I found the Sonic Stadium, and found the message boards. Went to sign up, only to go "wtf, i already have an account?"

Covered up my two years absence by changing my name, avatar, and other things. I became Zer0 the Assassin.

After the mess that was Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, I disappeared again for a year. Then I came back for a little while, before changing my name again. Now I'm here for good, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wanted to chat with some people about Sonic Mania. Whenever there's a major game release I'm looking forward to, I usually seek out a related message board just to talk to others about it.

But that also means I'm probably bouncing soon. I won't be watching the stream tomorrow because in terms of what has been shown already, I have everything I want to see. Anything more would be too spoliery for me, and obviously hanging around a Sonic message board just means I'll get exposed to that stuff eventually. Just about time to go on a media blackout.

Oh boy. Where to begin?

I remember way back around 2008-2009 (maybe earlier since I remember seeing the Shadow hype on TSS) I was a frequent lurker on TSS, looking for Sonic news and what not. I did stumble onto SSMB by chance and it looked like a different world that I wanted to be a part of. So I eventually joined and let's just say I was a different person then. I mostly joined to chat about Sonic because well I was obsessed with him way back when but I didn't had too many friends I could chat with about the Blue Blur and didn't know where else to turn so there I joined SSMB. I did ironically used the Party and Fluff forum more before it went away and SSMB looked more like its modern day self so I've seen a lot.

So do I regret it? Probably but considering I haven't left the place and I have made a lot of good friends most likely not. I guess I should really thank Sonic for that even if I don't talk about him much these days. Funny how that works out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Goddamn most of y'all are some young whippersnappers.

I joined here around 12-13 years ago back when Heroes and ShTH were fresh in our game libraries. Can't even remember why I joined beyond the usual "liking Sonic" shtick, but I know I stuck around because the fandom was in a full blown witch hunt come Sonic 06 massive fail and I was on the side defending the scapegoats people were demonizing. (Any oldbies remember that "Character Jihad" topic I made against that spiteful ass "Sick of Shadow fans" topic? Good times.)

Still remember Sonic Clans that Aoi came up with that unfortunately didn't go as far as we would have liked.

Wasn't the friendliest member at the time - I would try fighting fires with nukes when I could...metaphorically speaking, of course. Thinks are much different now than they were back then, although I see some old attitudes still lingering about, so I guess I still here to counter that. B)

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Goddamn most of y'all are some young whippersnappers.

I joined here around 12-13 years ago back when Heroes and ShTH were fresh in our game libraries. Can't even remember why I joined beyond the usual "liking Sonic" shtick, but I know I stuck around because the fandom was in a full blown witch hunt come Sonic 06 massive fail and I was on the side defending the scapegoats people were demonizing. (Any oldbies remember that "Character Jihad" topic I made against that spiteful ass "Sick of Shadow fans" topic? Good times.)

Still remember Sonic Clans that Aoi came up with that unfortunately didn't go as far as we would have liked.

Wasn't the friendliest member at the time - I would try fighting fires with nukes when I could...metaphorically speaking, of course. Thinks are much different now than they were back then, although I see some old attitudes still lingering about, so I guess I still here to counter that. B)

Old nah. I remember back when the site used to host literally every sonic soundtrack in full before the wipe. Its how i got into collecting the physical ost. Phew buddy were we hyped for shadow and 06 back then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I came around during the time the SEGA Forums got hacked or crashed or whatever.

I added it to my collection of Sonic News Sites and joined the forums to discuss Generations and other Sonic stuff.

I created a account around the time Sonic Boom was revealed. I knew about this website before but payed no attention to it. The discussions about sonic boom at that time was so interesting, that I had to voice my opinion on it. After that, I just stuck around. Besides, I've been absent from forums ( last one being the Dark Spyro forums) for a long time and I figured coming back to one will make my days a bit more refreshing.

Some of you guys didn't like me at first, well, one in particular really didn't like me at all. :rolleyes: I won't say who..

I joined SSMB after stalking a bit during the Transformed/Episode II hype I think? And started joining when Dash/Lost World began and stuck with this place ever since.

Never really joined a forum before SSMB so I guess finding a place to talk to rookies and veteran Sonic fans on a platform sounded like a swell idea for 16 year old me. Now, I think I've became quite the social butterfly to put into words. Really got to know a lot of people and still consider a good majority of them to be good friends of mine. Although I haven't really talked to some for a while due to some fallouts in the past but I still consider them my friends. After all, sometimes an argument tends to happen from time to time. But enough about the past, I love my friends; that's the point!

I was also a bit reserved and quiet at the past but now, I'm very open about my feelings and found a sort of haven among the friends I made in this place and beyond. I became more confident in myself in a way. Maybe a bit too confident at times but eh, you're not human if you don't happen to fuck things up from time to time. I'm still learning who I am everyday and to know that I have people I can count on to be there for me, makes every day easier to pull through.

...and that's how I took over the world with just a mere Bounce Pad... that was the point of this topic, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

I was on some other Sonic forum back in 2005, but gradually left. I can't remember the name of the place, but it eventually closed down.

I honestly don't remember how I found the Stadium, but I joined to fill that same urge for talking about Sonic that I had in the past. I rarely post now, because I have less of an urge to talk about Sonic. Being on internet forums for over ten years kind of does that to a man.

Oh I forgot I also joined cause of how poor the real Sega forums are. No one posted anything about sonic typically and that drove me away. Usually I only go there now cause of pso2 jp info

On 3/15/2017 at 6:55 PM, Meta77 said:

Old nah. I remember back when the site used to host literally every sonic soundtrack in full before the wipe. Its how i got into collecting the physical ost. Phew buddy were we hyped for shadow and 06 back then.

I was actually around during that time, but I was one who didn't have an account and really just lurked around.

Suffice it to say, if I included the time before I signed on, I've been around since 2000.

I joined in January 2013, when I was going through a tough time as a Freshman in high school before switching schools. I was lurking the forums a lot a few months prior, I remembered it was the Sonic Unleashed retrospective topic that entertained me so much I decided to migrate from the Sega Forums entirely. Good times.

I lost interest in the Sonic series 2 years ago and kinda got out of touch with the fandom, which is why I rarely visit this site anymore. That and losing a lot of forum posts, then switching over to a new version of the site put me off a lot. I still have a lot of fond memories of this site, like the 30 days of Sonic and Video games topic, meeting some cool people (who I admittedly don't talk to anymore since I don't go on Skype now) and starting a short lived commentary channel with SonicDude and SuperSonic2015. I'm hoping Sonic Mania and forces help me regain interest, but either way, being a part of this message board was an amazing experience.

On 16.3.2017 at 0:55 AM, Meta77 said:

I remember back when the site used to host literally every sonic soundtrack in full before the wipe. Its how i got into collecting the physical ost.

This brings me to the reason I joined. Music was always a major part of any video game experience for me, and Sonic the Hedgehog provided a musical heaven. As someone collecting music tracks dear to oneself, I just had to grab my favourites. I found The Sonic Stadium, which hosted a large selection of soundtracks, and it made me happy. At a later date, I revisited this site to download the soundtrack of another game, This time, I wanted to show my gratitude by creating a user account and try to interact with the community.

Through the SSMB, I have learned most of my English, and although currently I am more behind-the-scenes, I am proud to call this my long time comfortable online home.

• Thumbs Up 3