Awoo.

2 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Screenshot_2017-03-15-22-21-21-1.thumb.png.2cdaffa618cd82c313fbc1f19739288b.png

We can chill out guys

Oh the chaos that will ensue if this isn't the case tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

I know you were prolly just joking but it was actually a pretty crappy situation in which the sound/streaming team (who were longtime sonic fans no less and were thrilled at the opportunity) turned up to find that the staff of the venue had screwed up a whole ton of their calibrations, and what we ended up with was the results of a difficult choice to cut the stream and fix everything or show SOMETHING while they tried to fix it on the fly.

It was meant to be a joke towards SEGA's total lack of properly setting things up. I don't actually blame the sound people as much as I blame whoever rush jobbed the set up in the first place.

But I mean those stuffed nacho ads were very important, far more than the livestream.

Them screwing up basic things is getting kind of embarrassing though, we gotta admit. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

But I mean those stuffed nacho ads were very important, far more than the livestream.

Considering they were paying for the thing, they kinda were, yeah. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I might be the only one thinking this, but it seems to me this ain't SEGA's fault entirely. Wasn't it SXSW staff that told THEM at the last minute there aren't going to be a dedicated livestream after Aaron and his team were planning one this whole time?

Man it seems like they have crappy luck when it comes to livestreams at conventions huh? First the Sonic Party at SDCC last year now this? Oh boy.

16 minutes ago, TCB said:

I might be the only one thinking this, but it seems to me this ain't SEGA's fault entirely. Wasn't it SXSW staff that told THEM at the last minute there aren't going to be a dedicated livestream after Aaron and his team were planning one this whole time?

It depends on whether SXSW decided it beforehand or just now. If they decided at the last minute then the fault is totally on them. If they knew beforehand there wouldn't be streams then that would be SEGA being presumptuous. 

So does this mean that before or as soon as the panel starts, info bombs will drop all over Sonic's social media?

1 hour ago, blueblur98 said:

somebody make a video about this!

I'm a video person and I'm not making a video about this.

Webber is expected to update everyone tomorrow regarding the stream, just hold tight.

Ugh, I still remember watching the 25th anniversary livestream when their sound issues started and thought "Oh God, this is the absolute worst time for this to happen." Admittedly, I enjoyed some of the parodies that resulted from it like what SiivaGunner did, but I just sighed in disappointment when I started seeing comments about how it makes Sonic fans even more cringeworthy, as if it were our fault technical difficulties happen. The announcements they made still overshadow the problems that night, I just hope for everyone's sake (and my ears) that nothing like it happens again tomorrow.

And knowing Aaron and the other guys @sonic_hedgehog they'll probably have something like this the day after their announcements:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

It depends on whether SXSW decided it beforehand or just now. If they decided at the last minute then the fault is totally on them. If they knew beforehand there wouldn't be streams then that would be SEGA being presumptuous. 

Yeah, that's where I was getting at with this whole situation. Clarification definitely helps.

@Sonic News Channel well i already made a quick vid,i wanted to let more people know about the situation,i'll post that info in the comments. thanks for the info.

Edited by blueblur98

The apparent lack of an official livestream makes things feel more nostalgic and mysterious to me. So it's not a problem. 

Whelp, that's bad timing.

If there's no backup plan for this, might as well look for YouTube videos and their Twitter.

Honestly, I hope this is as much of a mess as the July party. That was absolutely hilarious.

If you guys absolutely need a stream to tune to during the panel, I know TSSZ's doing a coverage stream. They even have someone that will be there, so the site's getting news straight from the event.

I'm not selling out I don't know what you're talking about.

• Thumbs Up 6

42 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

If you guys absolutely need a stream to tune to during the panel, I know TSSZ's doing a coverage stream. They even have someone that will be there, so the site's getting news straight from the event.

I'm not selling out I don't know what you're talking about.

You happen to know if this stream will be on their site or wherever else?

EDIT: never mind. I found it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is concerning that it's just now that the SXSW staff told Aaron that they're not going to stream their panel, that's pretty shitty management if it's just the day before that they told him. (I see people thinking the other way around and of course, mudflinging ensued)

But considering that Matt from Tails' Channel will be at the panel and he has some experience with streaming, after all he did made a big contribution to the Sonic YouTube channel. So maybe he might find a way.

But honestly, I think there's going to be a good chunk of info that's going to be revealed in this panel.

What makes me so sure? Call it a hunch.

Suffice to say, I'm pretty certain we're going to get more than just a mere title reveal for Project 2017. I mean, I can live with just knowing that but considering what our lil' intern Sergio has to say, we MIGHT get more than just that.

As for Mania stuff, release date. The only trailer they're going to show is the launch trailer, that it. So yeah, duh... unless, they announce they're delaying Mania which I'm also ok with.

As for "secrets", considering the hubbub around it, the Sonic movie getting some sort of tease could be a possibility. Very unlikely on anything Boom or Archie related. BBFA3? They got a Twitter account for it, that's where you get your news about it.

And to make things interesting, I'm gonna place some bets on this panel.

If Mania gets a release date, I'll drink an entire bottle of mustard. @Tails' Channel might've drank some in a small cup during the 24 hour charity stream but I'm gonna top him if that happens.

If Project 2017 gets more than a title reveal, I'm gonna record myself dancing (may or may not be the worst thing I'll do in my life, placing my bets on the latter)

And if I'm wrong on both, I'll eat 5 Habanero peppers. 

And if I do get atleast one of them right, I won't torture myself and instead torture others by doing a dumb recap video to kickstart that stupid YouTube thing I've constantly stressed my head over.

So yeah, this is gonna be a good one. I can't wait for the salt!

• Thumbs Up 9

Maybe I don't know much about streaming, but how will TSSZ and Matt (if he is streaming) show the trailers?