Awoo.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory | PS4/Vita

Reficul

A sequel to Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth released on the PS Vita in 2015 and later on the PS4 in 2016 was announced in the latest V-Jump issue, this time for both consoles at the same time.

Hacker's Memory will be a sequel of sorts and its expected to release this year with the previous game packed in for Japan kinda like Sword Art Online: Game Director's Edition.

The protagonist this time is a hacker called Keisuke Amazawa, a young man who was framed by a crime he did not commit. Like in the original Cyber Sleuth and Next 0rder, a female protag should be revealed later.

Spoiler

s8c5v41.jpg

Characters will be once again be designed by Suzuhito Yasuda, known mostly for his work on Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.

The core JRPG system of Cyber Sleuth will be back with some improvements, plus 320 Digimon will appear. The original Cyber Sleuth had around 250 Digimon after the free DLC that should return, plus the few new additions in Next 0rder and Linkz should leave us with at least 50 new Digimon.

Some of the new revealed Digimon include:

• Dagomon
  • Crescemon
  • Grademon
  • Golemon
  • Catchmamemon
  • Sangloupmon
  • Baohackmon

With the starters this time being: Tentomon, Gotsumon and Betamon.

Spoiler

YWP3w91.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I doubt this one's getting localized for Vita, seeing as Digimon World Next Order didn't make it. Speaking of, I have yet to finish Cyber Sleuth. 

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

I doubt this one's getting localized for Vita, seeing as Digimon World Next Order didn't make it. Speaking of, I have yet to finish Cyber Sleuth. 

I'm not so sure, Next 0rder's problems lied mostly on being an open world game on a portable, thus having to look like crap to run decently.

The Story games are your typical JRPG, so I don't see Hacker's Memory looking much better on the PS4 nor having the need to N0 had, especially since both versions are being developed at the same time with the Vita's limits in mind.

Cyber Sleuth also sold surprisingly well on the Vita in the west, so I wouldn't diminish the possibility of that version making it here even if it's digital online like in the case of the first game.

6 minutes ago, Reficul said:

I'm not so sure, Next 0rder's problems lied mostly on being an open world game on a portable, thus having to look like crap to run decently.

Next 0rder was developed for the Vita in mind, it released on Vita first in Japan, then later got ported to PS4. There were no problems with the FPS or anything, Bandai Namco just didn't want to release it for the Vita in the west.

7 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Next 0rder was developed for the Vita in mind, it released on Vita first in Japan, then later got ported to PS4. There were no problems with the FPS or anything, Bandai Namco just didn't want to release it for the Vita in the west.

Next 0rder suffered majorly from the lack of power of the Vita. It had no FPS problems because it looked like absolute crap, even the Digimon models had less polygons compared to Cyber Sleuth.

OHUyeLn.jpg

That was the reason they rebuilt much of the game instead of doing just a straight port for the PS4 like they did previously not only with Digimon, but also Sword Art Online.

I doubt they just plain didn't want to release that version, they weren't confident it would sell. Otherwise they would have just dropped any Vita support, which isn't the case with the upcoming yet again SAO PS4/Vita title: Accel World vs Sword Art Online.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is a fantastic JRPG; it was like playing through an entire season of Digimon, the story was that good. Not to mention the high quality music, I even imported a copy of the OST (on three CDs) so that I could listen to those tracks at any time.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this 'Hacker's Memory' sequel. With a bit of luck, we'll get a western release soon after the original launch in Japan.

He'll yes. Cyber slueth was my favorite digi game in a long time though the main characters face is a little odd

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory will be coming to Europe in early 2018 for both the PS4 and Vita, physically and digitally respectively.

The original team behind Cyber Sleuth will be back with Kazumasa Habu producing, Suzuhito Yasuda designing the characters and Masafumi Takada composing the soundtrack.

It will feature the original Japanese voices with English and German subtitles, have 18 chapters, 73 new Digimon plus 30 new maps on top of 60 from Cyber Sleuth.

Here are some screenshots:

amj8loi.jpg

BNDDOGt.jpg

gwvXetU.jpg

qjXGwHj.jpg