Awoo.

IT (2017) "It's been 27 years. It's come back. Remember your promise SSMB"

Badnik Mechanic

So pretty much everyone in one way or another is familiar with this movie adaptation of Stephen Kings IT.

stephen-king-it-tim-curry.jpeg

Well... there's a new film adaptation on the cards for 2017 and it's getting quite a bit of press. This week a lot of stuff is going to be announced/revealed so... why not have a topic about it.

Poster has dropped today.

itposter.jpg

Trailer drops in just over 12 hours from the time of this post.

Due for release September 8th.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope the clown retains the hokey ass laughing of the clown from the original IT movie. I'll be massively disappointed if he doesn't. You know the laugh... 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Kool Kirb said:

I hope the clown retains the hokey ass laughing of the clown from the original IT movie. I'll be massively disappointed if he doesn't. You know the laugh... 

I always had a hard time taking It seriously because of how goofy Pennywise was. Loved the hell out of It.

• Thumbs Up 1

Official teaser is out. 

It doesn't look bad. Stephen King movies/miniseries are always kind of cheesy, and that's part of their appeal to me. I don't really like how they're handling Pennywise, though. He's creepy-looking, for sure (giant forehead not withstanding) but it feels like they're trying a little too hard with this design.

pennywise.png?w=350&h=350&crop=1

I'm not going to call the original Pennywise "subtle" because god knows he wasn't, but part of what made him work is that, at a glance, he really did look like an ordinary birthday clown. His presence was unsettling because even though he didn't look like a monster, it was obvious that he didn't belong. And also you learn early on that he kills children, but you know what I'm getting at.  

Plus, I don't really know how you follow an act like Tim Curry. He was great, and made the character someone I hated as a kid, but love as an adult. 

• Thumbs Up 3

The Tim Curry one was pretty good. I don't really like the way this looks but I'll probably give it a watch either way. I'm wondering if this one will follow the book more closely. 

Well I'm glad it's not going to be a 1 for 1 remake at least given the scenes we saw.

Although I do wonder if there are some goofy moments in it since the bit at the end where Pennywise rushes towards Bill looked kinda goofy to me.

Also anyone noticed no sign of the kids being adults? 

So... only part 1? Or a sequel bait ending?

35 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Well I'm glad it's not going to be a 1 for 1 remake at least given the scenes we saw.

Although I do wonder if there are some goofy moments in it since the bit at the end where Pennywise rushes towards Bill looked kinda goofy to me.

Also anyone noticed no sign of the kids being adults? 

So... only part 1? Or a sequel bait ending?

No funny bits the damn kid hitting his head had me laughing at work.  the rush scene I'm sure is scary. Clowns are going to start coming from the woods again now

It looks pretty promising but I wonder if this will be full-on horror without the cheesy bits of the original. 

i'm looking forward to this! it has someone who played on stranger things, which was an amazing series in my opinion, and the rest of the cast seems pretty good too. i'm very excited for this remake. i hope i can watch it when it comes out in theaters. maybe i'll watch it with my mom. i normally don't like clowns, but since i had rewatched IT a few years ago, i realized how silly and goofy Pennywise is and i dont know why i was scared of him. maybe it's /because/ he looks like a normal clown but in reality, is really not. point is i am looking forward to this remake.