Awoo.

Bayonetta PC "witch it run on my PC?"

Badnik Mechanic

So there is a free 8 bit Bayonetta game on steam right now... Well within the achievement images for that game was this site link... 

http://www.sega.com/14111219

Countdown is currently at 10 days.

Bayonetta on PC?

• Thumbs Up 4

Ooooh. I'm always a bit wary of AFD announcements, but if this thing is a countdown to a reveal that's nine days away...

I have Bayo 1 and 2 on my Wii U, it'd be great to have these titles on PC or even ported to Nintendo Switch (assuming everything's going to be compatible with future Nintendo consoles from now on).

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

Fun fact: that 8-bit game? It's 2 years old. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-02-platinum-makes-bayonetta-8-bit-with-fiendishly-tricky-angel-land-browser-game

Also:

Apparently, his name is James. And he works on digital titles.

I don't know from whom you got this information from but I imagine they're cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Yes, they're very cool. They even commented in this thread!

*squints*... yeah @Dreadknux is pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, AAUK said:

*squints*... yeah @Dreadknux is pretty cool.

Shhhh not so loud... They have eyes and ears everywhere....

*Joscelyne conspiracy*

4 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Shhhh not so loud... They have eyes and ears everywhere....

*Joscelyne conspiracy*

This is true.

13668887_840371549426219_5959507375634278453_o.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

-checks the system requirement-

Aaaaaand i'm out for now; no way my toaster is gonna run that. Still, 20 bucks for this is very reasonable, especially for SEGA.

Wow,  I literally just found out about this today. 

Keen luck! 

Well... It wasn't that much hype really. A sneaky little countdown in a downloadable version of a browser minigame from a few years ago. Nope.

Also, while we don't know the specifics involved, it seems unlikely to me that the sequel will ever get ported to any non-Nintendo platforms. Nintendo were a key player in the game even getting made, and SEGA did little more than give it their blessing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Well... It wasn't that much hype really. A sneaky little countdown in a downloadable version of a browser minigame from a few years ago. Nope.

Also, while we don't know the specifics involved, it seems unlikely to me that the sequel will ever get ported to any non-Nintendo platforms. Nintendo were a key player in the game even getting made, and SEGA did little more than give it their blessing. 

This is true but we did get sonic lost world on PC which pretty much shocked everybody as that seemed pretty unlikely too so maybe somewhere along the line we might get it on PC.

They're different scenarios. 

Lost World was produced by SEGA during a deal wherein Sonic games would be exclusively released for Nintendo platforms (and mobiles). Bayonetta 2 was dropped by SEGA, but then later funded and picked up by Nintendo. The exact details of the deal won't ever be made public, but considering the content of the game and how it was paid for, it's likely that Nintendo has some rights to it that will prohibit release elsewhere.

Basically, Lost World was still wholly SEGA whilst Bayonetta 2 is really a Nintendo game developed by Platinum with SEGA's name on it. 

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1