Awoo.

Sonic VR Proof of Concept Found

Detective Shadzter

Blue arms and a whale that jumps so high it might as well be flying.

It would be cool if they actually made something out of this and had a simulation arcade that malls sometimes have.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't believe Sonic Adventure 3 is gonna be on VR!

But real talk, it's interesting that there's already VR projects experimenting with Sonic in that kind of tech. Hope whatever comes of it won't be as "tech-demoy" as most of these VR stuff tends to be. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Adventure 3 looks great.... .... dammit Soni!

Also... when the Whale jumps over the mountain.... lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

A first person view VR Sonic game has to be among the worse ideas possible that could be thought up for a Sonic game. The Sonic series is a 3rd person view character focused series… If you take that away there is absolutely no point in a Sonic title. And no, I don’t believe in the thought that only the gameplay matters. However a 3rd person view VR Sonic game could maybe work.

Glad to see Sega continuing to experiment with VR. Currently the most impressive VR game that Sega has released is a Hatsune Miku title on PlayStation VR:

Here the VR user is part of an audience at a Miku concert, seeing a 'physically present' Miku preform live on stage directly in front of their eyes. It's a cool concept but still speaks volumes about the current limitations of VR technology. Because moving through a VR environment often causes motion sickness, games based around standing or sitting exist to avoid this problem entirely. Hence why the VR user is standing watching Miku rather than dancing with her on stage.

Still this latest Sonic themed VR demo is a good sign, showing that Sega continues to experiment with the potential that VR has to offer. Especially since the game is based around movement, instead of keeping the player stationery. I have every confidence that as more publishers and developers get involved with VR we'll see the problem of motion sickness being solved entirely. I can't wait to see what VR titles Sega has planned for the future.

Personally, I'd kill for the chance to play a full-fledge version of Phantasy Star Online in VR. Just imagine the world's first VRMMORPG!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Kintor said:

Glad to see Sega continuing to experiment with VR. Currently the most impressive VR game that Sega has released is a Hatsune Miku title on PlayStation VR:

Here the VR user is part of an audience at a Miku concert, seeing a 'physically present' Miku preform live on stage directly in front of their eyes. It's a cool concept but still speaks volumes about the current limitations of VR technology. Because moving through a VR environment often causes motion sickness, games based around standing or sitting exist to avoid this problem entirely. Hence why the VR user is standing watching Miku rather than dancing with her on stage.

Still this latest Sonic themed VR demo is a good sign, showing that Sega continues to experiment with the potential that VR has to offer. Especially since the game is based around movement, instead of keeping the player stationery. I have every confidence that as more publishers and developers get involved with VR we'll see the problem of motion sickness being solved entirely. I can't wait to see what VR titles Sega has planned for the future.

Personally, I'd kill for the chance to play a full-fledge version of Phantasy Star Online in VR. Just imagine the world's first VRMMORPG!

Do you want to go into a coma. Cause that's how you get one. Did hack and sword art teach you noting!!!!

But pso2 be would be to crazy fighting fast bosses

Oh dear... The video and the webpage have been taken down lol!

Surprised it's not been put on YouTube.

16 hours ago, LargoDELLZ said:

The same guy who posted the Sonic Synergy trailer also uploaded the proof of concept video.

Awesome! Thanks. Could someone back this up just in case it's taken down again, please?

8 hours ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Awesome! Thanks. Could someone back this up just in case it's taken down again, please?

Yeah, I downloaded the video along with the Synergy trailer. It's on my computer now.

• Thumbs Up 2