Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

Even trying to pay at the direct link given, it says my phone number is invalid...even though it's clearly not. 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Even trying to pay at the direct link given, it says my phone number is invalid...even though it's clearly not. 

I'm having the same problem! I tried every combination and it didn't work.

32 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I had the same thing. I think I had to use the area code at the front, so for me it was +44 7 instead of 07.

Aah, that worked. So got the account, paid for it, downloaded and installed the .apk. 

Couple of things I noticed;

1. When I installed the Apk, the programme I used literally called it Sonic Runners. 

2. Not sure how character addition updates would work when some level stars require the use of a specific character. I suppose if they just had them involved in whatever new stages they added, that could work. 

Anyways am not going to get the game until at least some of the following characters get added. Blaze. MetalSonic. Sticks. Tikal. Amy. So guess I'll check back later for updates.

It's cool that they didn't just repeat Lost World locations again, but the soundtrack dissonance annoys me a bit.  Green Hill and Sky Sanctuary should've used their Act 2 Generations themes to sound more in line with the rock stylings of the Desert and Lava stage themes from Runners.

While I can understand criticisms of the aesthetic of the game though, overall this seems very... cared for.  Like I get the impression the developers "get" and appreciate the Sonic brand even if they did put a slightly weaker spin on it in places compared to the original Runners.  Like, they tried, this isn't just a quick buck shovelware.

• Thumbs Up 6

Actually, here's another little funny thing. 

You know how some are commenting on the fact that Sonic doesn't have his arms behind his back? Espio still does.

Edit: First stage of chapter 2 with fly character = 999 coins.

If I buy Charmy, I think I know what my farm is gonna be. 

I don't know why but the store didn't ask for my phone number while buying, and now I'm not sure I can access the purchases from another device. Wth?

Besides that, in the terms and conditions it's clearly written that the user has access to the purchase for just 3 years, when that time has passed you can't download the apk anymore. 

Question...

Anybody else hopes Sticks and Classic Amy get into the game...?

Asking for a friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you can buy the characters with rings you earn in game then I may actually end up getting this one. 

What was that shit the first Runners did with the characters? Some nonsense about eggs on a roulette? 

55 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If you can buy the characters with rings you earn in game then I may actually end up getting this one. 

What was that shit the first Runners did with the characters? So nonsense about eggs on a roulette? 

Just some fiasco that painted yet another bad picture on SEGA and slowly resulted in the termination of what was heralded as their best 2D title in ages on a mobile of all things.

If they're not shipping animals with humans they're standing behind you with a hand in your pocket whispering "moar monez" into your ear.

-Edit-
On a side note, need to point this out. Start at 4:43 then start again at 5:35.

That's the kind of cinematic camera work they need to work into a 2D game should they make another after Mania and should it sport a 2.5D direction.

Loved this kind of stuff in DKC Returns and it looks just as good with Sonic.

Well sure, it looks like it works there, because the person playing isn't actually doing anything. Playing a traditional 2D Sonic game with the camera going crazy like that would be awkward as fuck, though. It only might've worked with DKCR (which I say because I haven't played it) because that game doesn't move half as fast as a Sonic game.

Generations actually had several dynamic camera angle events in all of Classic Sonic's levels. The downward loop bridge in Green Hill, the final setpiece of collapsing bridges in Sky Sanctuary, anytime the GUN Truck showed up to chase Sonic in City Escape, the cylindrical building in Crisis City, and the large camera zoom-out when Sonic hits the giant diagonal spring and flies through a giant spiked gear in Planet Wisp; among others.

• Thumbs Up 9

16 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yes, he's in there. No, you don't have to gamble him. You can buy him with 2,000 rings. It's easy to get 2,000 rings. You don't have to pay real money.

In fact I'm not sure microtransactions are even a thing in this game.

Just wondering: What's the most expensive character, and about how long would it take to unlock all of them?

25 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Just wondering: What's the most expensive character, and about how long would it take to unlock all of them?

Just jumping in, I've unlocked all 9 characters and I'm pretty sure they're all 2000 rings each (Tails and Knuckles are story unlocks). Since you're just using rings as currency you can potentially gain a few hundred per run if you aren't getting hit too much. If you manage to get into the bonus stage then you're also near guaranteed an additional 200-300 rings. 

The Chaotix members also have a 30% chance of turning upcoming rings into x10 rings which obviously quickly multiplies your intake. Couple that with a magnet booster and you've got plenty of ways to efficiently afford characters. If you're trying to gain stars as you play you'll unlock them quite quickly.

Unlocking characters is honestly borderline anticlimactic if you're used to the original Runners although it's definitely a better system this time around.  

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

What was that shit the first Runners did with the characters? Some nonsense about eggs on a roulette? 

Essentially, thanks to the way the roulette was designed, any time you were allowed to unlock something it was totally left to chance. The wheel would spin, grant you an egg that would either turn into a common buddy, a rare buddy, a super rare buddy, or if you were really lucky and got an egg from the tiny sliver that was about 5-7% of the wheel, then you would get a character.

The real problem was, that there was no programming built in to keep you from grabbing duplicates. You could drop hundreds of Red Star Rings into the thing, pick up two character eggs out of the fifty tries, and both of them could end up being the same character you already had (the same was true for the buddies too). Even if you spent real money in the game, you could only buy more Red Star Rings, which only gave you more opportunities to gamble for the character you were fishing for. A murderous system if you really wanted that Tikal or desperately needed that one buddy to complement your character choices. It was impossible to work toward what you wanted, because you pretty much had to gamble to get them. People were hoarding a 1000 RSRs waiting for the next big character to drop and still not getting anything out of it. That's ridiculous.

The new game seems to be free from that. In fact, it may be a bit too easy now lol. We'll see how they handle introducing new characters/buddies for this go around, but it feels nice knowing that I can go out and grab my favorite characters without sacrificing my firstborn to RNGesus while doing the safety dance on the alter of the luck god.

I'm more than happy paying a little money for the app up front in the face of the freemium wallet-rape-ware we just came from.

• Thumbs Up 5

18 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The new game seems to be free from that. In fact, it may be a bit too easy now lol. We'll see how they handle introducing new characters/buddies for this go around, but it feels nice knowing that I can go out and grab my favorite characters without sacrificing my firstborn to RNGesus while doing the safety dance on the alter of the luck god.

I'm more than happy paying a little money for the app up front in the face of the freemium wallet-rape-ware we just came from.

"We're sorry we tried to make your kids addicted to gambling out of our desperation for a quick buck toward our new Original the Character title." - SEGA

• Thumbs Up 2

Haven't played the game yet, but looking at videos I feel like it really misses the Wisp set-pieces (and I never thought I'd say that about Wisps :P) and random power-ups. There's perhaps even more running and jumping than in Runners, but it seems a lot more empty to me. Also not liking the look of those countdown timers.

Overall, seems like Sonic Runners: Lessons Learned edition, which is simultaneously a good and a bad thing, though the decision to end Runners entirely makes a lot more sense now that Runners Adventure is shown to essentially be a more competent but less charming replacement.

I imagine we'll be seeing updates, though not to the extent that Runners did.

4 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

So can this only be bought on the Gameloft website? Will it ever be released on the Play Store?

Isn't it on the Google Play Store in certain places?

35 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Isn't it on the Google Play Store in certain places?

I honestly don't know, I've only seen people talk about it being available on the gameloft website

It technically hasn't hit global launch yet. it looks like we all just backdoor'ed a test phase. I'd fully expect it to come out for the play store at its designated launch. That is the easiest way to issue and stay on top of updates and the like.

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

"We're sorry we tried to make your kids addicted to gambling out of our desperation for a quick buck toward our new Original the Character title." - SEGA

This is the same company that runs Pachincco, which is known for its ruthless and over the top addictive-ness. 

Sega really bent a few of us over the table with the original Runners though. They baited the game with all the characters you can't play anywhere else and let you wriggle and squirm that you couldn't get the ones you want. Bad enough when you do that with Team Chaotix and Team Dark, but they reached into the wayback machine and pulled out a playable Mephileis, Tikal, Werehog... I mean c'mon - fans of those characters were screwed.

• Thumbs Up 5

Does anyone have an apk of Sonic Runners Adventure that is working? I tried the Gameloft site but they say that my device is not compatible with all games even using the SIM card on my phone. I Also tried 3rd party sites but many sites that have the apk gives the error This is not the original copy of Sonic Runners and one apk not give this error but the game crashes on 2 percent. Someone please give an link of apk of Sonic Runners Adventure that Works.

Just now, Mayor D said:

Would you like any other stolen goods with that?

...Would you like to give a proper response...?

7 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Does anyone have an apk of Sonic Runners Adventure that is working? I tried the Gameloft site but they say that my device is not compatible with all games even using the SIM card on my phone. I Also tried 3rd party sites but many sites that have the apk gives the error This is not the original copy of Sonic Runners and one apk not give this error but the game crashes on 2 percent. Someone please give an link of apk of Sonic Runners Adventure that Works.

Handing out APK stuff isn't exactly a thing here. It's simply not done. Technically it's illegal so folks aren't going to get into that.

Of course you've got Google but I really recommend just playing the waiting game and getting the legit game. It doesn't cost much and there IS a free-to-play version coming out as well.

All in good time friend.

• Thumbs Up 1