Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

15 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Is this a joke post? 

He is asking for an APK to a Paid for app. Not a free to play app.

He has tried to download and run said app from APK links which have given him the not original copy error.

That only occurs because the app attempts to communicate with the SRA server and get authentication to run.

Now if you have paid for the app the authentication is granted, but if you're using a pirated one you get that not original copy error and the game quits. 

He's trying to pirate a paid for game and is asking people to provide a cracked version of a Paid for product which has barely been out for a day.

There is no technically illegal about it in this instance. It is completely illegal until they make the FTP version completely public and seperate to the purchased app.

It's as if someone came on here after Mania comes out and said "So can I get a link to a working copy since Steam is telling me my version is pirated."

Ok. I Will wait for the play store version of the game and i also never will support piracy versions of the game and if the play store version of the game will release as an paid game i will purchase the game.

38 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

He is asking for an APK to a Paid for app. Not a free to play app.

He has tried to download and run said app from APK links which have given him the not original copy error.

That only occurs because the app attempts to communicate with the SRA server and get authentication to run.

Now if you have paid for the app the authentication is granted, but if you're using a pirated one you get that not original copy error and the game quits. 

He's trying to pirate a paid for game and is asking people to provide a cracked version of a Paid for product which has barely been out for a day.

There is no technically illegal about it in this instance. It is completely illegal until they make the FTP version completely public and seperate to the purchased app.

It's as if someone came on here after Mania comes out and said "So can I get a link to a working copy since Steam is telling me my version is pirated."

tenor.gif

There you go sport. That's a much better response.

Exactly what M-D said there @Darkness, it's what I was going for.

12 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

(Shit gif)

There you go sport.

Yeah you're really not in a position to be patronising here when you don't seem to know if taking paid for software without paying for it is illegal or not.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

He had no reason to explain all of that because it was so overly obvious. Honestly I find your reply worse then anything he said.

I just didn't care for the initial response, thus gave my own which in turn M-D gave a much better one of his own as well.

APK's are a messy business, you go willy-nilly doing things with them, you're in trouble, especially if you go socializing about it.

Though there are... I guess grey areas as M-D mentioned but still. Best to avoid them far as my stance goes.

Yeah you're really not in a position to be patronising here when you don't seem to know if taking a paid for APK without paying for it is illegal or not.

I know it's illegal, as you mentioned though there are grey areas which is why I said messing with APK's are technically illegal.

I'd say don't mess with them at all when it comes to company property but... That's me.

2 minutes ago, Tara said:

We do have a strong policy against linking to emulation, piracy, warez, etc. so that would not be allowed.  If you want to help the user in question out, take it outside like a gentleman!

I'll pass on that one. I don't dip my toes into any water that's boiling. lol

Good luck to whomever tries to get the game that way but I stick with the good ol' legit method.

Patience is a virtue and rules are rules.

Besides, isn't the game one of those $5 or less titles? Haven't seen what it costs in USD yet.

Forking that much out is easy.

It's not like getting Runners Adventure on Gameloft's Russian store is super expensive, all I did was drop 3 bucks CAD and boom, I got it.

Only played 3 levels and yeah, not really digging how it looks. The OG Runners was brighter and vibrant colors, the models had more charm to them and the overall gameplay just feels better than in Runners Adventure. Really find it lame all the music in Runners Adventure is reused, ALL OF IT! 

I was really hoping this was going to be an improvement from Runners. although it does do away a lot of the garbage Runners had; it seems to have taken away what made Runners fun to play despite said garbage nongameplay elements. 

So far, Runners Adventure's soft launch started pretty weak for me. Here's hoping Gameloft could add more to it when the worldwide launch begins.

14 minutes ago, FriendBot said:

the models had more charm to them

Umm pretty sure it uses the same models, is just missing the black outline and they used new animations.

Here's the model from the old game.

10239.thumb.png.56536b2103c450c4970ee652f0769702.png

And so far from the videos I watched I still stand by what i said and feel I like this better then original runners even visually except for couple nitpicks.

Oh, wasn't aware that it's the same model. Guess all the more reason why Runners Adventure is a visual downgrade from Runners.

So where is this released officially? and I wonder why Gameloft hasn't closed off the backdoor access as of yet?...

So is there a way, once you buy it, to modify the APK so you can insert the original Runners music as replacement tracks? Its really lame they ripped out the soundtrack and just inserted Generations tracks.

7 hours ago, goku262002 said:

So where is this released officially? and I wonder why Gameloft hasn't closed off the backdoor access as of yet?...

So is there a way, once you buy it, to modify the APK so you can insert the original Runners music as replacement tracks? Its really lame they ripped out the soundtrack and just inserted Generations tracks.

Unless I'm mistaken, people have already confirmed the original Runners' soundtrack being in Adventure and being an option to use it in place of the standard music.

Not quite. It was actually someone confirming that you could turn the music off and play the Runners OST from your phone, which is...hardly the same thing.

Not that it's a problem for me, I never play any phone games with the sound turned on at all anyway.

According to this video there will be red star rings and in app purchases and the same energy system used in Jump Fever in the free to play version of the game that will be released in the future.  

What the hell did they do to some of the sound effects. A good deal of them sounded changed (for the worst) or even flat out missing.

Some visual effects may look to have changed, but can't really tell otherwise. Also dat graphical glitch with the Dark Chao(?) buddy during Shadow's gameplay.

I'm not sure what's required to Level Up characters, looks like you need jigsaw pieces(?) which I'm assuming has to do with the Red Star Rings. Hopefully unlocking characters isn't a pain in the Free-to-Play version, but the paid app looks enticing already that I might just get that version instead.

Hey, Sonic has his correct running animation now.

I agree that the sound is a bit off, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I looks like Sonic's awkward running animation in this game is his jogging animation from Forces. So that explains when it looks so odd here, but only begs the question as to why they put it in Forces to begin with.

After getting a closer listen to the ingame music from various gameplay footages, I'm pretty positive that the music is in some common audio format, or at least a format that doesn't support looping like .adx does. Most of the songs in this game don't have their proper intros (such as Green Hill from Generations, and the event song from Runners used for the Desert Stage) and just start in the middle of their tunes, looping at those very same parts of the song. So to me, it sounds like the entire audio stream is being looped as opposed to using loop points.

I don't typically play Gameloft games outside of UNO, so I don't know what they typically do for music. But when I was playing UNO on iOS a long time ago and even on the iPod Click Wheel, the music was in AAC and MP3s.

EDIT: Someone on Twitter pointed out that the game was moved to the first games listed on the Support Page

unknown.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Is no one gonna point out that the video of the F2P version had an "Lottery" option with eggs?

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Is no one gonna point out that the video of the F2P version had an "Lottery" option with eggs?

Are you surprised?

Lottery and Lost World stages, of course they wouldn't give you anything you actually wanted.

Glad I paid the $4.99 for it. I already have everything unlocked. B)

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't aware of the F2P edition so I bought the premium version from the Gameloft site on day one. It's a good mobile runner, the premium edition isn't too time consuming and grindy. I liked it.

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Its not as enraging considering their is a paid companion app minus all that trash.

People who want to can give it a try, but at least the premium version of the game is an alternative for people who want to get the most out of it, unlock their favorite characters and do so without gambling on a roulette that they cant win. As long as that option is available, we can't really say they are robbing people with the F2P version. The paid app is right there if they want it.