Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

A trailer for SRA was released...and then removed. Huh...

According to @Ruki185

This trailer popped up somewhere on Gameloft Club, but the access is restricted [Update: It's deleted now], making the Sonic Runners Adventure 'launch' even weirder. 

Gameloft Club is a Russian fan website btw, they also were the ones to find the support page for the game back in April (?). Not sure where they got that from, but after the trailer being unlisted on their channel for a while, they just took it down. 

Oh man, the way they cut around the segments of the Desert event song, it sounds so weird if you've heard the original song before.

Interesting trailer, but maybe they're just getting things into place for a reveal soon? Hopefully it becomes officially acknowledged/revealed soon.

More UI changes. Very, very slight though. The ring counter and the mission goals; their font was made a bit more cartoonish, and gave a few things solid outlines.

• 4 weeks later...

Sonic Runners Adventure has been added to the US Wapstore! $5, or free with Gameloft Club (Basically, the same drill as the Russia release). Here's the Store link!

I guess this means the official reveal/release is somewhat close?

With no promotion? I know Sonic Mania is out in 5 days, and so no one will care about this game, not a smart strategy to release it now, but still, a bit of advertising would be nice.

So it still only has the same 9 characters? Well hopefully now that it's "Officially Released" they'll start updating with new content, including characters... Because currently I can't be bothered to play the game as it doesn't have the characters I want.

Well that's very disappointing to hear.

Can't say I'm bothered to even try this game if it's ONLY on the Gameloft store.

And iOS users seem to be SoL

EDIT: lol they deleted their tweets.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly a month later and still no iOS release? What's going on here? It's almost like they don't want people to play this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Before they swiftly deleted their tweets replying to people asking for iOS/Google Play release, they answered that they were only licensed to sell it on the Gameloft Store.

4 minutes ago, JohnVGC said:

Before they swiftly deleted their tweets replying to people asking for iOS/Google Play release, they answered that they were only licensed to sell it on the Gameloft Store.

Well that's one of the stupidest business decisions I've heard of. 

What a total waste.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

...and with that, this topic is now as good as dead. It's November and here I am scratching my head wondering just whatever happened to this game. Mania did well and Forces sold well (even with it's ratings). My guess is that the soft launch totally failed, either due to limited access, lack of confidence, or overall lost of interest.

For anyone who actually forked over the $5.00, how was it? I could care less about the lackluster music nor the laxed presentation, just how did it play? It's always looked interesting to me and I was a big fan of Runners. If it wasn't for the roulette, I think Sega would've had gold, and in fact, they did. 

Welp. So much for runners. At least Speed Battle is doing well.

27 minutes ago, TeamCinas said:

...and with that, this topic is now as good as dead. It's November and here I am scratching my head wondering just whatever happened to this game. Mania did well and Forces sold well (even with it's ratings). My guess is that the soft launch totally failed, either due to limited access, lack of confidence, or overall lost of interest.

For anyone who actually forked over the $5.00, how was it? I could care less about the lackluster music nor the laxed presentation, just how did it play? It's always looked interesting to me and I was a big fan of Runners. If it wasn't for the roulette, I think Sega would've had gold, and in fact, they did. 

Welp. So much for runners. At least Speed Battle is doing well.

I bought the app. It was fun and well made for an offline version of the game. Characters were easy to unlock and the missions got more challenging as you progressed which was nice. It wasn't bad for an old-school style mobile app (as in, you buy the app and it comes with everything), and it reminded me of Cordy (an old smartphone game)  with the 4 zones, all with different environments and different obstacles etc.

That being said I haven't played it since beating it. No incentives and no new content meant that it became a little repetitive.

NOW it's finally coming out to the US after 6 months of waiting. Do you think Forces and Mania caused a delay in releasing this game? or at least Forces to promote Speed Battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

you can head over to www.gameloft.com/sonicrunnersadventure right now to get an email notification that the game's out on release day.

you can also enter to win one of 10 prize packages containing sonic merchandise, including mugs, a plush, and kidrobot's sonic figure.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:33 AM, Ayliffe said:

Surprise!

Still no release date?!... Why does this trailer look more fun than anything about Sonic Forces? Crazy, because we know the game is nothing like the trailer, but it still felt more fun and uplifting than anything from Forces. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wasn't expecting that. My interest has already came back after coming across the trailer on Sonic Wikia.

This may end up being my 5th Sonic mobile game on my phone (after Dash, Dash 2: Sonic Boom, Forces: Speed Battle, and Sonic Jump) :L

• Chuckle 1

I'm willing to spend those 3$ to get the characters in a faster way. More will be added later like in Runners, right?

According to the page above, the game will cost £3 for UK users.

Which assuming it's playable offline is actually a pretty reasonable price. Honestly, it's what the original Runners should've been charged for and just allowing you to unlock characters and such through rings that are easily attainable rather than shitty roulettes.

I wonder if it'll start getting frequent updates upon release. There doesn't seem to have been a lot of news of the game since the original soft launch on Gameloft's site so I don't know if there was new things being added or not, but it doesn't seem like it. Since it's making it's official launch, I hope that means we could see events and additional characters added like the original Runners (and like actual fun events, not the shitty nerfed ones in the game's late span).

Also new trailer:

And it has officially launched in the UK and US!

Started playing through a bit of it and it's actually pretty fun! Reminds me a lot of how much I enjoyed the original Runners in the original days before 2.0.

• Thumbs Up 1