Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

4 hours ago, Dr. Jack said:

Any news on whether more characters will be added in the future?

I'd assume that they'd add more characters, as the current roster seems a bit lacking...

• Thumbs Up 1

We can only hope they do, because from my understanding, the game hasn't changed or updated since it's soft launch from the Gameloft Store.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought Sonic Runners Adventure, and I like it so far. I love how it doesn't require a constant internet connection, so the gameplay is a lot smoother, and isn't prone to crashing, or going through constant loading screens or updates. $2.99 was a fair price for what it has to offer, and I'm glad they got rid of the gambling microtransactions, roulette, and red star rings. Being able to unlock everything by simply playing the game, and collecting rings is what I wanted the original Sonic Runners to play more like. 

However, the game does have it's flaws. I am bummed by the lack of characters. I really wish characters like Amy, Blaze, Silver, Tikal, Cream, and Sticks were still available. I really hope we get dlc for more characters to unlock. The buddies and power ups are very lackluster as well. There are barely any in the game, and it is very easy to buy them all within less than an hour (depending on how good you are at collecting rings.) It's also a shame you can't upgrade your buddies, like you can with the characters. It is a shame that a lot of the levels are constantly recycled, Not only do a lot of the Green hill zone levels similar, but I also noticed the desert world's levels seem to be reskins of Green hill levels as well. 

The gameplay itself is nice, it may be missing more characters, items, and buddies, but the game is very fast paced, easy to control, and I do enjoy the automated segments. The automated segments may be pointless, but they're still fun to look at, and can give your brain a small break, and prepare you for what else may come at you. I'm glad not all the levels in the game are simple race to the goal levels, and am glad they still have additional level types and missions, like the time limit levels, and the levels that require seeing how far you can make it before dying or time runs out. 

While the game isn't perfect, I still am enjoying it. I'm having more fun with it than I did playing Sonic Forces. It may not have a whole lot of content, but it's still worth the $2.99, and it's a relief to no longer be spammed with ads, microtransactions, or annoying online requirements. I'm still mad that I lost all my save data from the original Sonic Runners, since Sega shut down it's servers, without offering an offline way of playing the game. I still kind of wish Runners Adventure played a little more similarly to the original Runners, without all the bad stuff. The original may have been flawed, but I still enjoyed the extra partners, characters, and wisp power ups. Maybe Sonic Runners Adventure will someday get free dlc, or cheap expansion dlc to add more characters, levels, buddies, and such. I still recommend buying this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I bought Sonic Runners Adventure, and I like it so far. I love how it doesn't require a constant internet connection, so the gameplay is a lot smoother, and isn't prone to crashing, or going through constant loading screens or updates. $2.99 was a fair price for what it has to offer, and I'm glad they got rid of the gambling microtransactions, roulette, and red star rings. Being able to unlock everything by simply playing the game, and collecting rings is what I wanted the original Sonic Runners to play more like. 

However, the game does have it's flaws. I am bummed by the lack of characters. I really wish characters like Amy, Blaze, Silver, Tikal, Cream, and Sticks were still available. I really hope we get dlc for more characters to unlock. The buddies and power ups are very lackluster as well. There are barely any in the game, and it is very easy to buy them all within less than an hour (depending on how good you are at collecting rings.) It's also a shame you can't upgrade your buddies, like you can with the characters. It is a shame that a lot of the levels are constantly recycled, Not only do a lot of the Green hill zone levels similar, but I also noticed the desert world's levels seem to be reskins of Green hill levels as well. 

The gameplay itself is nice, it may be missing more characters, items, and buddies, but the game is very fast paced, easy to control, and I do enjoy the automated segments. The automated segments may be pointless, but they're still fun to look at, and can give your brain a small break, and prepare you for what else may come at you. I'm glad not all the levels in the game are simple race to the goal levels, and am glad they still have additional level types and missions, like the time limit levels, and the levels that require seeing how far you can make it before dying or time runs out. 

While the game isn't perfect, I still am enjoying it. I'm having more fun with it than I did playing Sonic Forces. It may not have a whole lot of content, but it's still worth the $2.99, and it's a relief to no longer be spammed with ads, microtransactions, or annoying online requirements. I'm still mad that I lost all my save data from the original Sonic Runners, since Sega shut down it's servers, without offering an offline way of playing the game. I still kind of wish Runners Adventure played a little more similarly to the original Runners, without all the bad stuff. The original may have been flawed, but I still enjoyed the extra partners, characters, and wisp power ups. Maybe Sonic Runners Adventure will someday get free dlc, or cheap expansion dlc to add more characters, levels, buddies, and such. I still recommend buying this game.

Did they ever add those characters that people found in the files? (Big, Silver, Blaze, etc?)

I agree with you, but I wish there was more maps to play. Although, I wish that they just used the original Runners game, but without the annoying microtransactions, ads, online requirements, and with more characters and maps, but that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ClassicKnuckles said:

Did they ever add those characters that people found in the files? (Big, Silver, Blaze, etc?)

I agree with you, but I wish there was more maps to play. Although, I wish that they just used the original Runners game, but without the annoying microtransactions, ads, online requirements, and with more characters and maps, but that's just me.

No, Big, Silver, and Blaze aren’t in the game  as far as I know.

It's definitely content-light, which would explain the 36MB size. I too wish that they add more to this game down the line.

While playing, one of the automated sections glitched on me where I went through a spring instead of hitting it. It resulted in me clipping through enemies and a loop section as if they weren't there.

Gameloft answers a query on any further news for Runners Adventure.

Meanwhile, their UK division held a launch live stream earlier today, with an intro to the game. 

I just finished Runners Adventure, and while I had a good deal of fun with it, I'm really bummed by the fact there is no additional content after beating the main story. Like where's the endless mode? Timed mode? Just let me run for a high score instead of mission based objectives etc.

Game's alright, but I prefer the aesthetics of the original. Those outlines really made things stand out. Also, what's with the muted color palette? I don't remember Green Hill's grass looking that dry.

They really need a centralized spot for us to give them feedback where they will actually see it, I want Runners Adventure to be as good if not surpass the first Runners by miles.

2 hours ago, goku262002 said:

They really need a centralized spot for us to give them feedback where they will actually see it, I want Runners Adventure to be as good if not surpass the first Runners by miles.

Tails is in the game, silly

• Chuckle 3

My eyes are really straining when I play this game. Anyone else having a similar problem? The characters just seem to disappear into the background—especially at higher speeds.

Feels like a big step back from the original Sonic Runners. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bought the game myself and it's been a nice little go-to time killer.  I definitely prefer the finite stage structure to Runners' "you will eventually lose" style, that alone makes it way more fun to play for me.  But I do hate how lifeless the visuals are, and the lack of characters.  Also hate the music inconsistencies, having Runners music for two zones and Generations music for the others.

It's kind of funny and bizarre to me that they'll pay royalties to use Green Hill Zone's original theme for a game like this but not for Sonic Forces lol.  I guess they're just really desperate to get that "oh Sonic like I used to play as a kid!" customer.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 27/12/2017 at 1:54 AM, Razule said:

Does Runners Adventure have the same story as the first one?

It's a different story entirely. It follows a relatively similar plot to the final episode of Runners (Eggman is attempting to brainwash the world with a machine). It does things different (the entirety of the story is based on that), and it shows him managing to place Sonic under his control for a few hours as well.

Other than that, story is actually pretty terrible. Characters don't show varied personalities, and even then, Team Dark/Chaotix gets no lines at all.

On 27/12/2017 at 4:33 AM, DabigRG said:

Is Robo-Eggman and Mecha Espio in this?

Nope.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Other than that, story is actually pretty terrible. Characters don't show varied personalities

Really now? How bad are we talkin?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Really now? How bad are we talkin?

Basically, you know how the characters were barely interchangable in the original, the dialogue was a bit stilted and things were really light with no reason to really care?

Yeah, even worse than that. It also tries to treat flickies like mobians with proper towns that are made for Sonic and co.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Basically, you know how the characters were barely interchangable in the original, the dialogue was a bit stilted and things were really light with no reason to really care?

Yeah, even worse than that. It also tries to treat flickies like mobians with proper towns that are made for Sonic and co.

Oh, that is bad.

Anything on the level of "geezer" yet?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, that is bad.

Anything on the level of "geezer" yet?

Not that I can remember, but even then, there's nothing that's actually bad enough to remember. So it ultimately comes down to being bad and also not memorable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are we calling every animal friend a "flicky"?

But yeah, that's not exactly new, even in the early days there was little to no distinction between Sonic-like animals and animal-buddies animals. 

15 hours ago, Razule said:

Why are we calling every animal friend a "flicky"?

Well in this case it's a literal flicky that they talk to...

5a53ad8662403_SonicRunners.thumb.png.b3e3c4b5fd2400f677e1563184b26d4e.png