Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Watch it sell better than Mario Run either way

Sonic Forces is coming to the Switch, so there ya go

It needs to be on the same platform as the previous two for the chain to repeat itself. :P

12 minutes ago, jennytablina said:

But it might be nice if Gameloft are building it like Super Mario Run so you pay a lump sum to unlock story mode, and then get tokens for time trial/replays

Keep Mario Run as far away from Runners as possible.

The last thing Sonic Runners needs after all the roulette bullshit is forcing the player to pay 10 bucks to play past the first world.

• Thumbs Up 8

Another Runners-inspired game? Sounds kind of meh

Also, isn't SEGA Networks supposed to be working on a new mobile game featuring lots of different SEGA characters, not just Sonic characters? Maybe some kind of fighting game? I remember hearing something like this last year.

I stopped playing the original because of that roulette wheel. It just ruined the whole fun factor. 

Don't know how I feel about this. I don't even play mobile games anymore and I don't know if this is actually a sequel to runners. If it's a better version of runners then I'm willing to try it out at least.

If you can straight up reasonably earn your way to getting the characters you want without it being a shot in the dark on a wheel of misfortune... That'd be a big step in the right direction! I had to play the game hours everyday for a month to get my fave Blaze... And I never was able to get Sticks or Metal-Sonic that i tried so hard on. :0(

9 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

Keep Mario Run as far away from Runners as possible.

The last thing Sonic Runners needs after all the roulette bullshit is forcing the player to pay 10 bucks to play past the first world.

The game needs to make money somehow - I mean I guess it could just all be centralized into the rings system as that seems to the main money making bit in the game now. 

I dunno, I prefered Nintendo just taking the one transaction as I never have to pay for toad tickets anyway. So game is pretty much free going forward - much prefer that to "Amy costs 30000 rings and odds are you'll only make that much by paying for this £7.99 bundle of rings unless you're willing to play the game for hours (oh wait you can't because you're out of lives you better buy those too chuck)"

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Mario Run is a paid-for game that you get to play a free demo of. Think of it that way.

I understand what Mario Run was trying to do. Pirating and all that. But punishing non-pirates in the process, let alone making them pay 10 bucks for a mobile game they'll probably only play every few days once the novelty wears off, isn't the way to do it.

With Ohtani working on Forces, I wonder how the soundtrack will be.  Honestly, I'd be cool with them just straight-up reusing Runner's music if they want to, soundtrack of that quality deserves to be given a bit more limelight.

The FAQ suggests that they won't re-use anything from Runners though, as it specifically mentions you are given the option to turn the music down, which would of course, considering the quality of Runners' soundtrack, cause the game program to be deemed a malicious application.

Ohtani is a god. Please SEGA. If he can't, then call Naofumi Hataya!!!

What an amazing surprise was Runners' soundtrack, I love it, I NEED MORE.

The lacking in variety and clusterfuck course design always seemed to be a major blemish on what should have been an otherwise solid design concept in the original.  So I'm looking forward to seeing how this improves upon the original's rather numerous flaws.

Here's hoping it won't meet the same fate as Runners.  And also it isn't AS microtransaction imposing as GameLoft usually is.  I'm okay with microtransactions existing as a compliment but not as a hindrance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another Runners game huh! Wasn't expecting that.

There's no mention of the roulette wheel so far. I wonder what kind of reward system are they gonna try...

That FAQ also talks about beating Eggman differently, you throw objects back at him is one thing. They also mentioned a story as well.

I wonder whether they'll use the unused story assets that was found in the previous game. I know this may not happen at a long shot but it would be interesting to see if they bring those back...

The artstyle in that banner looks interesting... But is that butterfly badnik new?

The faq confirms you buy the other characters with rings, so no roulette.

I would be okay if this was a paid game instead of freemium, but I don't think it would be the best marketing strategy, it would make more sense for it to be freemium since more people would download it and eventually spend money on it (?).

7 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

The artstyle in that banner looks interesting... But is that butterfly badnik new?

Looks like Pata-Bata from Sonic CD to me. 

Oh neat, a new Runners game?

Count me in! I had fun with Runners in terms of its gameplay, visuals and music so yeah I'm all for a sequel that improves a lot of the things the first Runners had.

It's just me or someone else also think that we have many Adventure names in Sonic Games (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Rush Adventure, Tails Adventure, Sonic Runners Adventure etc). No one think that this names gonna confuse?

I'm actually really glad this is a thing. I really enjoyed the core Sonic Runners game a lot so when I heard the servers were shutting down I was real upset.

Another Sonic game where I can play anywhere and in short bursts sounds wonderful. Plus it's another game I can play as the Chaotix & Shadow again so I'm all for that (:

Hopefully it's handled better than the original Runners was, because it kept getting worse and worse with each update. I'm sure this one will be okay though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh Sonic Runners, how much I've missed you! While not being amazing at the game, I would spend hours playing, spinning that god forsaken roulette wheel to unlock crap I didn't want, and since it's retirement have wanted it back by any means necessary.

That art looks really nice and if this is playable offline 'll be more than happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a ton of fun with the first Runners, which I've never paid a penny to lol.

As long as they get rid of the roulette and the always online requirement, I'll try out this game. This being made by Gameloft worries me a bit.

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

All I want to know, is do I have to literally gamble for characters. 

You buy them with rings.

10 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

You buy them with rings.

Thank god

Already better than the last game