Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

51 minutes ago, Solister said:

It's just me or someone else also think that we have many Adventure names in Sonic Games (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Rush Adventure, Tails Adventure, Sonic Runners Adventure etc). No one think that this names gonna confuse?

I think they just start putting "Adventure" into conceptual stuff ala World Adventure and in titles in the present when the franchise is losing so much of its recognition it's the only way to instantly get everyone raising eyebrows and/or screaming again.

Also...

maxresdefault.jpg

SEGA is now officially ripping off fan-made content. XD

Considering Runners ended up failing later on in it's life. this was certainly unexpected to see,

Now so far, I'm cautiously optimistic here, Runners was a good game at it's core and if they do end up wiping the bullshit from it, we could have something really potentially great here, but for the time being, I'm just gonna wait and see what happens before I can make a full opinion on this game.

How can I synchronize my game progress on different devices?

Unfortunately, there is no way to synchronize your progress on different devices.

I haven't played much mobiles games outside of the Sonic ones (I also picked up Major Magnet because PAGODAWEST BOI) but the fact you can't sync your progress on different devices is a thing that happens with games that you have to pay at the App Store. So I'm taking a gander that Runners Adventure won't be free but you have to pay for it first.

Although this doesn't mean there'll be no microtransactions, that'd just silly to think as such. But considering how there is no mention of Red Rings whatsoever and considering how you need to upgrade characters and purchase new characters/buddies with Rings. I'm expecting Rings to be the only ingame currency. Which is surprising since I don't think any other modern mobile Sonic game outside of the first Sonic Jump did that. I'm totally fine with this. So I'm expecting atleast some ring packages along with a ring doubler that's permanent as microtransactions.

This could easily be the best mobile Sonic game to date if they played their cards right.

14 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

Gameloft removed Sonic Runners Adventure from their website.

Uh Oh

http://support.gameloft.com/OnlineAndSocial

Hmm, did have this idea that Runners Adventure was a game that was going to be made, got canned and then left as was on the website as it wasn't really affecting anything. Maybe the sudden attention made them realise it was now having effects. 

Wait, Sonic Runners is getting a sequel? I really loved the gameplay of Sonic Runners, (not so much the social features and most definitely not the micro-transactions)  so this seems like something I'd enjoy. 

As for problems... I'd say the story does have to be improved for this game, if it decides to have one. Outside of the events, Sonic Runners had a really boring story, and I didn't even bother to complete it. (Especially since it takes so much effort to get a cutscene that is literally: 

"Look, a Badnik!"

*Team Sonic smashes Badnik*

"Let's keep going!"

)

Oh, and speaking of that, make the story not take months to finish at best, and don't have cutscenes like the above.

One thing that has gotta go is people being banned for unthinkably high scores. Sooner or later someone is going to get some ridiculously high thing and with people like DarkSpinesSonic even live streaming how they get that riducously high and still banning people it seems like they generally didn't think about it or not care at all.

12 minutes ago, N8te said:

Are we not going to talk about this banner though?

1500x500.thumb.jpg.714869dcbf16b1608d68da8a8fd823aa.jpg

Either that twitter page knows something we don't know or the bottom-right image is in reference to the Sonic movie. I can't do a translation since it's an image.

Where did you find that?

14 minutes ago, N8te said:

Are we not going to talk about this banner though?

1500x500.thumb.jpg.714869dcbf16b1608d68da8a8fd823aa.jpg

Either that twitter page knows something we don't know or the bottom-right image is in reference to the Sonic movie. I can't do a translation since it's an image.

SEGA already announced that the Sonic movie is planned for 2018, so that's nothing new.

Well, something happening...

Gameloft's FAQ page for Sonic Runners Adventure is currently being purged. The approximately 20+ questions that was uncovered earlier this afternoon were reduced to a mere 9 questions. The following is a list at the time of publication - you can see some critical questions regarding the game was removed.

C82XFidUQAAe9Ag.jpg