Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

Better quality gameplay

You can change the soundtrack to the original Runners

• Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Anything on whether someone in the U.S. can purchase this and play it on their Android phone?

I was able to purchase it from GameLoft just fine. To be honest, I'm having a ball with it so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

While the game doesn't look pretty, is already better than the original, you can buy characters with rings and achievements rewards you with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does this look worse than the first Runners game? Sonic's running animation is awful and the game's presentation is terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tried looking on gameloft.com with various extensions (ru, gb, us) and nothing. Even translated Sonic in to Russian and nowt. It must be available somewhere.

Couldn't find it anywhere on my end either. I didn't go as far as a VPN swap, but I checked a bunch of different extensions and came up empty. Guess I'll have to wait a bit.

The videos are interesting though. It certainly lacks the graphical charm of the original runners, but the devils of that game were mostly in the coding. I can only hope a company like gameloft should know what they are going well enough to build a game that wont melt your phone. If all goes well there then I can silence the grafix whoar in me long enough to give this game a shot once I find the blasted thing. 

It's a shame they fixed some of the big game design issues but the aesthetics are so much worse. Like...just look at the icons used in the cutscenes, lol. I know graphical polish tends to be one of the final priorities in development of any given game, but it's like they released the game before that step.

• Thumbs Up 2

After looking at the trailer visually this game looks really bland and I honestly thought that this was a bootleg. When you compare it to the first game makes you wonder what happened. 

Is this a game that looks awful to watch, but isn't that bad to play?

Brought the game, ran through the tutorial. Feels exactly like runners with a worse coat of paint.

Booted up in English though, so I did a little victory dance for that. No sign of a roulette yet either.

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Is this a game that looks awful to watch, but isn't that bad to play?

I think it's probably just awful, full stop. 

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that the visuals really took a hit and are inferior to the original version. It's nice that the core gameplay seems to have been kept in tact, and may hold some improvements over the original (You can buy characters with rings now?), but man... The original Runners was a charm with those visuals and the nice models for the characters. Also, I'm assuming this will just reuse music from previous games, and if so that's a bit of the let down. The original Runners I absolutely loved its music so much that I imported the physical CD. Its soundtrack is a true gem among Ohtani's music work in this franchise.

Edit: Wasn't someone working on a way to play the original Runners without the need to be connected online all the time? Whatever happened to that?

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that the visuals really took a hit and are inferior to the original version. It's nice that the core gameplay seems to have been kept in tact, and may hold some improvements over the original (You can buy characters with rings now?), but man... The original Runners was a charm with those visuals and the nice models for the characters. Also, I'm assuming this will just reuse music from previous games, and if so that's a bit of the let down. The original Runners I absolutely loved its music so much that I imported the physical CD. Its soundtrack is a true gem among Ohtani's music work in this franchise.

Edit: Wasn't someone working on a way to play the original Runners without the need to be connected online all the time? Whatever happened to that?

You can change the soundtrack to the original in the game

• Thumbs Up 1

... I honestly don't see what anybody is talking about when saying this game looks worse then the original to them... This game looks in many ways better visually to me.

Oh look, it's green hill zone agaaaiiiiin.
Altough Generic Desert from Sonic Lost world has been revealed as the second world. Now there's an iconic stage.

Actually, I think I'll get this. I missed out on the original Runners, didn't get a android phone until it was gone. Looks fun.
I kinda like the new graphics, altough Sonic did look a little out of place from the backdrop in the screenshots.
Looks better when moving, tough.

Hmm, download link doesn't work for my device. Never mind. I wonder if that's because I ain't UK/ Russia or if my phone is incorrect.

What I don't understand is people complaining about the models...

...Is the same models. Same height, same short spikes, same chubby legs. Weird mouth aside.

• Thumbs Up 3

Good lord this game's presentation is just downright lifeless. Runners had a lot of problems but the game popped out visually. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

There wasn't enough interest to it, so he pretty much stopped working on it from what I gathered (the forum site to it has been down before the new year)

Come on, this doesn't look that bad.

I think it looks more fun and faster than the original.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

I think it looks more fun and faster than the original.

Faster? We looking at the same thing here?

Without the speed up lapping mechanic this game is significantly slower.

lol at the special stage though. That is something new.