Awoo.

Sonic Runners Adventure "It's out... OK?"

Badnik Mechanic

Looks like Sonic Runners to me, I can barely see any gameplay difference.

I'll say the backdrops aren't great, but if that's what we need to sacrifice to keep the gameplay and mechanics not assfucking us for money, it's worth it.

Okay...

So...

It's called Sonic Runners "Adventure" but...

It's just a 3DS Generations version of Green Hill (AGAIN) and Lost World locations...?

On top of that it's the same music, same general game all together save for different menu's and tweaks...

...It works I guess. We clap for that nowadays, right?

Just slap the word "Adventure" in and I guess SEGA thinks it will sell.

56d.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It doesn't really need much more? Everyone liked Runners for the gameplay and player friendly model until SEGA slowly drained all of them away with greed. From what I see, apart from the lower quality graphics (Which I think is due to the cel-shading not being present here from what I see), it looks like Runners when it was at the start of launch, which was a genuinely good and fun time waster.

At the end of the day, it's a time waster mobile game, and I have my doubts people will be complaining too much about reusing level tropes, since the main point of discussion will be gameplay, and if technical fixes was applied to the game. 

At the end of the day, I'm really not understanding some complaints here because a lot of them was what people were asking the original Runners to be, a offline, fun time waster that was a small paid app, and in exchange, has none of the bullshit F2P nonsense from the original. From what I've seen, apart from graphics, it's done literally every improvement to Runners I wanted. No stamina/live system, no idiotic roulette to rip people off, no cheap crap to squeeze people for lives, no "timed" mode that basically say "bribe us for an win". To me, it seems like a better version of Runners, and that's what most people wanted.

Keep in mind there's mentioning of a FTP version coming in the future.

My only gripe personally is slapping "Adventure" into the title with nothing relevant to that name in the game save for multiple characters and itemized Chao and stuff. It would have been nice to get a game with stages and/or a style relevant to "Adventure" but...

Green Hills and Lost Worlds round 2/3/4/etc, it's a cheap game so whateves.

Forgive my salt.

-Edit-

lol at the special stage though. That is something new.

Isn't it just a horizontal version of the special stage from Sonic Jump?

At least for right now we only have to pay for this one once. Only wish it'd get onto the US store.

It looks...alright. I just wish they'd use a different aestetic besides lost world. <_< 

61sUXQHpIiL._SX425_.jpg

I think the "adventure" naming ship sailed a long time ago (hahahaha because SRA has boats, lovely pun).

"Adventure" is just a generic buzzword for game titles that the Sonic series just so happens to have made use of in the past. 

As for Runners Adventure, as much as I can see why people are disliking the art style change, I can say this is playing just as well as the original Runners did. In fact it's only improved it by completely ridding itself of the nasty bubbles of lag that kept cropping up during runs. The game also seems to load up much faster than the original Runners did as well.

On a side note, I'm loving the splash artwork of Sonic with the couple of chao. There's something that really reminds me of the early 2000's atmosphere of Sonic, really beautiful piece!

• Thumbs Up 3

Plus I question whether Runners' graphic fidelity is what led to like 90% of its performance problems. Sonic Team tried to do it at an insane level, and this one was passed to Gameloft because they knew how to optimise the performance. 

Edit: Someone's already beat the final boss. I'm guessing this is one of those instances where updates are added periodically. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Joseph Mello said:

You can change the soundtrack to the original in the game

You can??? Yoooooo, that's really cool. I like that. Definitely will change the soundtrack to the original game because again, I really loved the original Runners music. 

There seem to be four "levels" in it currently; Green Hill Zone, generic Desert world, generic Volcano World from Runners and Sky Sanctuary Zone. 

7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

You can??? Yoooooo, that's really cool. I like that. Definitely will change the soundtrack to the original game because again, I really loved the original Runners music. 

Sorry I sounded too assure of what I was saying, maybe I misunderstood...

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

There seem to be four "levels" in it currently; Green Hill Zone, generic Desert world, generic Volcano World from Runners and Sky Sanctuary Zone. 

Wait, really? Like, not the Sky Road/Silent Forest theme from the last Runners? If so, that means we might get other Generations levels in due time. *crosses fingers for Radical Highway*

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

Wait, really? Like, not the Sky Road/Silent Forest theme from the last Runners? If so, that means we might get other Generations levels in due time. *crosses fingers for Radical Highway*

Sky Road didn't have a Death Egg glaring ominously in the background. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

Sorry I sounded too assure of what I was saying, maybe I misunderstood...

Ooooh, I see. Well I mean, it's not big deal really. Sonic music is Sonic music and I love it all so I really won't be bummed out at all playing through whatever song is playing in the levels here. lol Just that option to flip between the two soundtracks like Sonic CD 2011 would have been really neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

That sonic dash video reminds me, is shadow in this. Do I have to gamble for him.This is important 

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

That sonic dash video reminds me, is shadow in this. Do I have to gamble for him.This is important 

Yes, he's in there. No, you don't have to gamble him. You can buy him with 2,000 rings. It's easy to get 2,000 rings. You don't have to pay real money.

In fact I'm not sure microtransactions are even a thing in this game.

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yes, he's in there. No, you don't have to gamble him. You can buy him with 2,000 rings. It's easy to get 2,000 rings. You don't have to pay real money.

In fact I'm not sure microtransactions are even a thing in this game.

THANK GOD

Where Can I download this, checked the site earlier, nothing and I live in the US

The only bad difference I'm seeing in the new art style is the following.

No black outline on characters. Backgrounds are not separated in color correctly from the foreground. The game camera is more zoomed out then in the old game so it is little harder to see the character models. The character animations are somewhat off.

Otherwise I'm not seeing much other problems that make it look worse then the original game. For example them changing Windy Hill to Green Hill makes no real difference.

• Thumbs Up 4

Personal opinion and all, but it just looks so bland. I liked the art style in Runners, it was almost like they mashed the classic style head first into the modern style and created a new one. Nice black outlines and chibi'ish design, it worked well for the title.

Now.. it just looks rather bland. It's borrowing more from the modern style than making it's own thing, but at the same time seems more 2006'ish in style than any recent modern title.

It's been refreshed..but somehow seems like it's lost a little something along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... Does the phone heat up a lot when playing? Asking out of curiosity, (and the game isn't out where I'm at).