Awoo.

1001 Animated Films You Should Watch Suggestions Thread - FINAL UPDATE 9/APRIL/2019 (AT 4000 FILMS!)

Apollo Chungus

I got some suggestions here. Very underrated films. 

Leafy into the Wild (2011) Oh Sung-yoon

Wolf Children (2012) Mamoru Hosoda

Color (2010) Keiichi Hara

Perfect Blue (1997) Satochi Kon

Not to be a critic, but are you really only going to include Part 1 of Feat of Clay? That just seems weird to me. I mean, it's a two-part episode. You may personally dislike Part 2, but is it really so bad that it would be better to watch an incomplete story? I think that would be a pretty hard case to make. I mean, it's your list and your rules, and I know that including TV episodes was a concession in the first place - this is just my two cents.

45 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Not to be a critic, but are you really only going to include Part 1 of Feat of Clay? That just seems weird to me. I mean, it's a two-part episode. You may personally dislike Part 2, but is it really so bad that it would be better to watch an incomplete story? I think that would be a pretty hard case to make. I mean, it's your list and your rules, and I know that including TV episodes was a concession in the first place - this is just my two cents.

For the record, I'm putting in Part 1 of Two-Face. Feet of Clay has brilliant animation in the second part, but I find the overall story to be pretty forgettable.

Anyhow, you have a point, and I'm not entirely sure what to do. A big problem with counting TV episodes is that occasionally, you'll get an episode that loses some of its power when taken out of context in a serialized narrative (e.g. the Evangelion episodes I submitted), and that begs the question of whether to still include that episode on its own or to include another episode that gives it some extra meaning.

At the moment, I feel that after a point, an episode should be allowed to stand on its own merits (even if it is the beginning of a two-parter), and Two-Face Part 1 certainly does that. That could change, however, so I'll get back to you on that topic if it does.

-Jim McGrath/FrDougal9000

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, fudge. Somehow, I mixed up Feat of Clay and Two-Face and so I got kind of confused and I feel silly. xD

I guess it actually doesn't make that much of a difference as far as the conversation goes, though.

A BRIEF UPDATE ABOUT MY ABSENCE (30/APR/2017):

So it's been a week since I last updated this thread, and you might be wondering if I've got new movies or shorts to put up there. To tell you the truth, I haven't had the time to check due to being back in college. I was on Easter holidays when I started this thread, so I had plenty of time to look into things, answer questions, list films, etc. But now that I'm back at college (and in the last couple of weeks, to boot), I've been trying to hand in assignments, finish projects and get shit done.

Because of that, I won't be able to start updating things again until the 10th of May, since that's when I'll have everything done and I can go back to working on things here. In the meantime, if y'all could give me more suggestions for films/shorts/whatnot to put into the list, I'll do my best to catalogue them and update the list as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding, and I'll see you in a week and a bit. Have a great day, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

So I went and rewatched the entirety of Tex Avery's MGM output the other day and picked out a bunch of great ones I forgot about last time. I also remembered some other fantastic shorts.

• Mickey Mouse: Plane Crazy (1929), dir. Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks
  • Merrie Melodies: I Love to Singa (1936), dir. Tex Avery
  • Silly Symphonies: Toby Tortoise Returns (1936), dir. Wilfred Jackson
  • Merrie Melodies: Hamateur Night (1938), dir. Tex Avery
  • Merrie Melodies: Elmer's Pet Rabbit (1941), dir. Chuck Jones
  • Looney Tunes: Porky's Preview (1941), dir. Tex Avery
  • Merrie Melodies: Hollywood Steps Out (1941), dir. Tex Avery
  • Looney Tunes: Porky's Pooch (1941), dir. Bob Clampett
  • Looney Tunes: Eatin' on the Cuff or The Moth Who Came to Dinner (1942), dir. Bob Clampett
  • Private Snafu: Spies (1943), dir. Chuck Jones
  • Private Snafu: Fighting Tools (1943), dir. Bob Clampett
  • Private Snafu: Rumors (1943), dir. Friz Freleng
  • What's Buzzin' Buzzard (1943), dir. Tex Avery
  • Private Snafu: Booby Traps (1944), dir. Bob Clampett
  • Merrie Melodies: A Pest in the House (1947), dir. Chuck Jones
  • The Cat That Hated People (1948), dir. Tex Avery
  • Merrie Melodies: Scaredy Cat (1948), dir. Chuck Jones
  • Bad Luck Blackie (1949), dir. Tex Avery
  • Merrie Melodies: Rebel Rabbit (1949), dir. Robert McKimson
  • Little Rural Riding Hood (1949), dir. Tex Avery
  • The Cuckoo Clock (1950), dir. Tex Avery
  • Symphony in Slang (1951), dir. Tex Avery
  • Magical Maestro (1952), dir. Tex Avery
  • Rock-a-Bye Bear (1952), dir. Tex Avery
  • Cellbound (1955), dir. Tex Avery & Michael Lah

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 11:25 - 10/MAY/2017.

Yes, I'm finally back! College is done and over with, so I've got more free time to keep working on this project, watching more animated films, taking suggestions, and figuring out ideas for where to go in certain areas!

First off, I'd like to once again thank everyone who has contributed to this project over the last month. Seriously, in the last month or so, you've collectively suggested enough films, episodes, music videos and whatnot that we're just about to break over 500 FILMS! It is beautifully insane that we've managed to come so far in such a short amount of time. We're not done yet (by a long shot), but I wanted to thank you all for contributing to this project. Thank you.

Also, to make these updates slightly more interesting, I'm going to actively ask for advice for a particular topic. I'm quite laissez faire when it comes to logging suggestions for films (apparently, someone was actually shocked that I logged Charlotte's Web 2), but I tend to be unsure about my own ideas for what could go in the list. Not because they're bad ideas, but because there's an aspect about the work that presents an odd quandary. So, I'm going to put this to you guys and see what y'all think.

Today's film I'm not sure about:

Dragons_lair.jpg

Dragon's Lair (1983), dir. Don Bluth

Dragon's Lair is a video game; one of the most iconic and fondly remembered games from the early 1980's. It's a game that is renowned for its use of animation in a time when every other game was using minimalist sprites to represent characters and worlds. It's a game that arguably saved Don Bluth's studio from going under after union strikes and Secret of NIMH under-performing. It's a game that gave birth to the laserdisc game, in which players would have to activate QTEs in time to animated footage (as seen in the likes of Cliff HangerRoad Blaster and Space Ace).

But would you count it as an animated film? On one hand, it is animated and is an important note in the history of animation through it being combined with video games (along with saving the Bluth studios). On the other hand, it's designed around gameplay mechanics (you can die, score system, number of lives) and was made first and foremost as a video game (unlike something like Cliff Hanger, which used footage from Lupin III films from a few years prior).

In general, you could count FMV games or interactive movies under this dilemma, but I thought I'd use Dragon's Lair since it's the most famous example of this genre. Let me know what you think, and I'll see what I'll end up doing.

Thank you all again, keep on contributing, and have a great day!

I might be singing a different tune if I was a big fan of Don Bluth's stuff, but honestly I don't think something like this should be included. It was intended to be a game first and foremost, and just cause it has 2d animation in it I don't think that should make it qualify as a film. It was intended to be interacted with and not watched passively, and while you can do that, it wasn't the original intent.

It's comparable to a game like Heavy Rain or something to me. The core concept is the same, you're just pressing the buttons at the right time or going in a certain direction and then a preset animation plays to tell the story, but I wouldn't call that a film and I don't think many other people would either.

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 15:29 - 16/MAY/2017.

Welp, we've finally done it. We've gone over the 500 films barrier. Again, this is all still in the planning stage, so I won't consider it this being finished until we've reached around 2000 films. Nevertheless, I'd like to thank you all again for your contributions. Even though I've said this before, I think it needs reiterating that you are all awesome for doing what you can in helping this project get anywhere beyond what it might have started off as. Thank you.

To make these updates somewhat more interesting, I'll post a list of the films/episodes that have been added to the list (which will still be in bold in the list at the start, but it's nice to keep track of things for those who don't want to trawl through that behemoth):

Spoiler

. Silly Symphonies: The Skeleton Dance (1929), dir. Walt Disney -- ILDC

. Looney Tunes: Rabbit Fire (1951), dir. Chuck Jones -- ILDC

. Twice Upon a Time (1983), dir. John Korty & Charles Swenson -- ILDC
. Garfield: His 9 Lives (1988), dir. Phil Roman, Doug Frankel, RuthKissane, Bill Littlejohn, Bob Nesler, Bob Scott, George Singer, John Sparey -- ILDC

. A Wish for Wings that Work (1991), dir. Skip Jones -- ILDC
. Animanics: The Warners' 65th Anniversary Special (1994), dir. Alfred Gimeno -- ILDC
. What a Cartoon!: Drip Dry Drips (1995), dir. Jon McClenahan -- ILDC
. Tales from the Crypt: The Third Pig (1996), dir. Bill Kopp & Pat Ventura -- ILDC
. Dexter's Laboratory: Ego Trip (1999), dir. Genndy Tartakovsky -- ILDC

. The White Stripes: Fell in Love with a Girl (2002), dir. Michel Gondry -- ILDC
. Fear(s) of the Dark/Peur(s) du noir (2007), dir. Blutch, Charles Burns, Marie Caillou, Pierre diSciullo, Lorenzo Mattotti, Richard McGuire -- ILDC

. Toy Story 3 (2010), dir. Lee Unkrich -- ILDC
. The Book of Life (2014), dir. Jorge R. Gutierrez -- ILDC
. Japan Animator Expo: The Diary of Ochibi (2015), dir. Masashi Kawamura -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: On A Gloomy Night/Ibuseki Yoruni (2015), dir. Tadashi Hiramatsu -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen (2015), dir. Moyoco Anno & AЯTRA entertainment -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: Rapid Rouge (2015), dir. Daisuke Onitsuka -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: Conte Hitman 1989 (2015), dir. Kazuto Nakazawa -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: Bubu & Bubulina (2015), dir. Takashi Nakamura -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: Endless Night (2015), dir. Sayo Yamamoto -- JM
. Japan Animator Expo: Bureau of Proto Society (2015), dir. Yasuhiro Yoshiura -- JM
. Wander Over Yonder: The Cartoon (2016), dir. Benjamin Balistreri & Dave Thomas -- ILDC
. BoJack Horseman: Fish Out of Water (2016), dir. Mike Hollingsworth -- ILDC
(Yes, I've been marathoning the Japan Animator Expo shorts. You might have noticed.)

On the subject of last week's question: should I include FMV games or interactive movies like Dragon's Lair? I've decided not to, after considering Nightly's very well put reply and asking a couple of friends about it. Thank you for helping to come to some sort of conclusion on the matter (at least for the moment, though things can always change).

Now, for this week's update, I've got a subsection of films/shows that I'm not sure about:

PUPPET MOVIES!

This came come up recently when one of the forum-posters recommended a good number of productions where puppets interacted with live-action actors, especially Jim Henson-handled works like The Muppets, Dark Crystal and many others I can't currently recall. And I want to hear your thoughts: Does this count as animation?

Considering that I'm counting live-action films if the animated elements interact regularly enough with the live-action elements and are distinctly recognized as being different from humans, I can see why someone might think these should be included on the list. I admit that I don't really have a counter-argument towards this, but I'm still unsure about including. What do you think? Please let me know so I can come to come conclusion on the topic.

Thank you all once again, keep contributing to the project, and have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 15:18 - 23/MAY/2017.

And we're back with more films added to the list! Not much else to say in terms of what's been added, since there hasn't been a substantial increase or a milestone beaten like the last couple of updates. Still, for all those interested, here's the list of films added to the list:

Spoiler

. Clock Cleaners (1937), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- JM
. Ferdinand the Bull (1938), dir. Dick Rickard -- ILDC

. Donald Duck: Donald's Crime (1945), dir. Jack King -- JM

. The Story of a Crime/Istoriya odnogo prestupleniya (1962), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- JM

. Winnie-the-Pooh and a Day of Concerns/Винни-Пух и день забот (1972), dir. Fyodor Khitruk & G. Sokolsky -- JM 

. Roger Rabbit: Tummy Trouble (1989), dir. Rob Minkoff, Frank Marshall (live-action) -- ILDC

. Roger Rabbit: Rollercoaster Rabbit (1990), dir. Rob Minkoff, Frank Marshall (live-action) -- ILDC
. Roger Rabbit: Trail Mix-Up (1993), dir. Barry Cook -- ILDC

. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000), dir. Yoshiaki Kawajiri -- JM
. Monsters, Inc. (2001), dir. Pete Docter -- ILDC
. Finding Nemo (2003), dir. Andrew Stanton -- ILDC
. Robots (2005), dir. Chris Wedge -- ILDC
. Dōbutsu no Mori (2006), dir. Jōji Shimura -- ILDC

. Little Boat (2011), dir. Nelson Boles -- JM
. Kagemono: The Shadow Folk (2012), dir. Sabrina Cotugno -- JM
. Maggie Simpson in "The Longest Daycare" (2012), dir. David Silverman -- ILDC
. Tumbleweed Tango (2013), dir. Samuel Stephens & Chris Wolfgang Mauch -- JM
. Mickey Mouse: Croissant de Triomphe (2013), dir. Paul Rudish -- ILDC
. Motorbike (2014), dir. Ari Gibson & Jason Pamment -- JM
. Blackford Manor (2014), dir. Jiwook Kim -- ILDC
. GTA V is BORING (2014), dir. CatFat -- JM
. A Single Life (2014), dir. Marieke Blaauw, Joris Oprins, Job Roggeveen -- ILDC
. Piper (2016), dir. Alan Barillaro -- ILDC

Now, onto clearing up the matter of whether or not puppet movies (in the style of Jim Henson, for instance) should be included onto the list. I've asked a few people on the subject, and there was an article I stumbled across that went pretty deep into the subject: Puppetry is Not Animation. On thinking about it, a bigger part of me feels that these kind of puppet movies count as live-action than they count as animation, simply because I feel that the puppets are being moved about in real time compared to being photographed frame-by-frame.

That might be a cheap justification for it, though I suppose there's the idea of changing the name of the project to 1001 Animated and Puppetry Films You Should Watch. I'm open to the idea of coming back to this topic and reevaluating it somewhere down the line, but for now, I'm not going to count them. Sorry to the guy who kept suggesting them. Now, for this update's film I'm uncertain about:

Shenmue: The Movie (2001), dir. Yu Suzuki (presumably)

This is perhaps one of the strangest films I've come across. Back in 2001, presumably in an attempt to catch people up to speed for the upcoming sequel and also make some money back on this expensive project, SEGA decided take their Dreamcast cult classic Shenmue and turn it into a movie. Literally. They filmed a playthrough of the game and edited major cutscenes, gameplay sections and whatnot into a semi-coherent 90 minute film summing up the plot of the original. You may remember this was included as a bonus disk with the Xbox version of Shenmue II.

The existence of this film fascinates me to no end. Yes, it's pretty much the same as those cutscene compilations you can find of most games on YouTube these days, but I'm staggered at how someone at SEGA went to the effort of recording gameplay, removing HUD elements, and trying their damnedest to make this come off as its own movie. I kinda want to include it simply for how bewildering this movie is, but I happily admit that it is a tarted up collection of gameplay and cutscenes that SEGA put into Japanese theatres for cash(!). I won't blame anyone who says this shouldn't get in, but I thought I'd ask for y'all thoughts on the topic anyway and see where this goes.

Thanks for reading, follow this topic if you wanna keep up with events, keep contributing with suggestions and feedback, and have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 10:21 - 28/MAY/2017.

Pretty much the same business as usual with this update; a few more shorts and films added to the list, some of which I came across by checking out a few lists someone recommended to me a while back! There was quite a few genuine surprises in watching these shorts, and I'd urge you to check out some of what's been included today (especially anything from the frankly fantastic 2013 run of Mickey Mouse shorts):

Spoiler

. Lonesone Ghosts (1937), dir. Burt Gillett -- ILDC

. Inspiration/Inspirace (1948), dir. Karel Zeman -- JM

. Neighbours (1952), dir. Norman McLaren -- JM
. Merry Melodies: Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century (1952/3), dir. Chuck Jones -- ILDC
. Merry Melodies: One Froggy Evening (1955), dir. Chuck Jones -- ILDC
. Looney Tunes: Show Biz Bugs (1957), dir. Friz Freleng -- ILDC
. Merry Melodies: Robin Hood Daffy (1958), dir. Chuck Jones -- ILDC

. Story Time (1968), dir. Terry Gilliam -- JM

. Banjo the Woodpile Cat (1979), dir. Don Bluth -- JM

. Anna and Bella (1984), dir. Borge Ring -- JM

. The Big Story (1994), dir. Tim Watts & David Stoten -- JM
. Tale About The Cat and The Moon (1995), dir. Pedro Serrazina -- JM
. Wat's Pig (1996), dir. Peter Lord -- JM
. Neon Genesis Evangelion: Take care of yourself (1996), dir. Kazuya Tsurumaki & MASAYUKI, Hideaki Anno
. Pearl Jam: Do the Evolution (1998), dir. Kevin Altieri & Todd McFarlane -- PC

. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: Little Rock of Horrors (2002), dir. Robert Alvarez -- JM
. The Man With No Shadow/L'hoome sans ombre (2004), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- JM
. Pale Cocoon (2006), dir. Yasuhiro Yoshiura -- Mr Tines
. 2 in the AM PM (2006), dir. J.G. Quintel -- JM
. La Maison en Petits Cubes (2008), dir. Kunio Kato -- JM
. After The Rain/Après la pluie (2008), dir. Charles-Andre Lefebvre, Manuel Tanon-Tchi, Louis Tardivier, Sebastien Vovau, Emmanuelle Walker -- JM
. Saturday Morning Watchmen (2009), dir. Harry Partridge -- ILDC

. Out of Sight (2010), dir. Ya-Ting Yu -- JM
. The Bottle (2010), dir. Kirsten Lepore -- JM
. The King and the Beaver/Le Royaume (2010), dir. Nuno Alves Rodrigues, Oussama Boucheria, Julien Chheng, Sébastien Hary, Aymeric Kevin, Ulysse Malassagne, Frank Monier -- JM
. Hummingbirds and Holograms (2011), dir. Jeff Liu -- JM
. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (2012), dir. Jay Oliva -- Maxtiis
. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (2013), dir. Jay Oliva -- Maxtiis
. Mickey Mouse '13: New York Weenie (2013), dir. Aaron Springer -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Tokyo Go (2013), dir. Paul Rudish -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Gasp! (2013), dir. Clay Morrow -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Bad Ear Day (2013), dir. Chris Savino -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: The Boiler Room (2014), dir. Paul Rudish -- JM
. We GOTTA Get SPONGEBOB Back (2015), dir. Jonathan Gran/Ukinojoe -- ILDC

In the previous update, I pondered the question of including Shenmue: The Movie, a bizarre creation where SEGA took gameplay and cutscenes from Shenmue and edited it down into a somewhat coherent 90-minute film. On thinking about it some more, and asking one or two people on the matter, I came to the conclusion that if we were to count video game cutscenes as animation, that would open the gates of hell in terms of what gets in, why it would get in, and the endless pedantic arguments that would follow: what counts as a cutscene, which cutscenes would be included, what about games that are nothing but QTEs, etc. There's a time and a place to critique video game cutscenes and rank them in terms of what they're trying to do, but not in this topic.

With that settled, let's get onto today's uncertain topic:

FAN RE-ANIMATIONS! (Specifically, Moon Animate Make-Up!)

I have no problems with counting internet animations on the list if they're good enough or had some kind of an impact, and arguably this has had something of an impact. In 2014, over 250 animators contributed to a project that involved taking an episode of Sailor Moon and reanimating each and every shot in whatever style the animators wanted to do. This became really quite popular, to the point where a sequel episode was made in 2016, other animators were inspired to do the same for an episode of Dragon Ball (known as Seven Star Animate) and a similar brigade of animators are working to reanimate an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! (tentatively titled Yu-Gi-Oh! Reanimate).

The only question on including it is that technically, it's not an original animation. It's using the same storyboards as the original episode, and doesn't deviate from said episode beyond whatever the animator decides to do with their cut (granted, I think some of the touches and movements add more to the episode). Honestly, I really do think it should go in the list, but I'd rather run it by you guys first and see what you think. Let me know, and I'll see where I go from there.

Thank you for reading, please keep contributing with suggestions and feedback, and have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 20:24 - 05/JUNE/2017

Holy crap, I didn't think about it while working on the latest updates for this list, but the 2010s alone has reached 150 films! To think a single decade could supply that many entries, even though it's still only the early stages and things can/will be cut as this project progresses, is actually kind of beautiful. Especially with the internet allowing all sorts of creators to get involved; I've actually amassed enough awesome shorts that I could do a list of 50 shorts from this decade alone to recommend to everyone!

At the same time, we've also gone past the benchmark of 600 films, which is ridiculous and amazing considering this project started less than two months ago. Once again, a big thanks to everyone who's contributed to this project with suggestions, feedback and whatnot! You are all amazing, and I don't think I'll be ever able to thank you enough for this!

In the meantime, here are the films, shorts and episodes added to today's update:

Spoiler

. Mickey Mouse: The Mad Doctor (1933), dir. David Hand -- ILDC

. Mickey Mouse: Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip (1940), dir. Clyde Geronimi -- ILDC
. Goofy: Hockey Homicide (1945), dir. Jack Kinney -- ILDC
. Merrie Melodies: Hair-Raising Hare (1946), dir. Chuck Jones -- ILDC
. Merrie Melodies: Hot Cross Bunny (1948), dir. Robert McKimson -- ILDC

. Tom & Jerry: Muscle Beach Tom (1956), dir. William Hanna & Joesph Barbera -- ILDC

. The Play/Igra (1962), dir. Dušan Vukotić -- JM
. Automania 2000 (1963), dir. John Halas -- JM

. Bambi Meets Godzilla (1973), dir. Marv Newland -- ILDC

. Merrie Melodies: Soup or Sonic (1980), dir. Chuck Jones, Phil Monroe -- ILDC

. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991), dir. Phil Nibbelink & Simon Wells -- ILDC
. Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers (1992), dir. Greg Ford & Terry Lennon -- ILDC

. Xiao Xiao (2001), dir. Zhu Zhiqiang -- JM
. Steriogram: Walkie Talkie Man (2004), dir. Michel Gondry -- JM
. They Might Be Giants: Experimental Film (2004), dir. Mike & Matt Chapman -- ILDC
. They Might Be Giants: Bastard Wants to Hit Me (2005), dir. Aaron Sorensen & Courtney Booker -- ILDC
. OVAL X OVER (2005), dir. Hiroyuki Imaishi -- JM
. South Park: Make Love, Not Warcraft (2006), dir. Trey Parker -- AwesomeCauliflower68
. Haloid (2006), dir. Monty Oum -- JM
. Sonic: Nazo Unleashed (2006), dir. Chakra-X -- JM
. Animator vs. Animation (2006), dir. Alan Becker -- JM
. Weiss (2007), dir. Florian Grolig -- JM
. Weird Al Yankovic: Trapped in the Drive-Thru (2007), dir. Doug Bresler -- ILDC
. Sita Sings the Blues (2008), dir. Nina Paley -- JM
. A Town Called Panic (2009), dir. Stéphane Aubier & Vincent Patar -- ILDC

. SWITCH (2010), dir. Tyson Hesse -- JM
. Second Wind (2010), dir. Ian Worrel -- JM
. C2C: Delta (2012), dir. CRCR -- PC
. Hitman Absolution: Hiding In Plain Sight (2012), dir. Harry Patridge -- JM
. Stuck In The Sound: Let's Go (2012), dir. Alexis Beaumont & Rémi Godin -- JM
. This Actually Happens A Lot (2013), dir. Tom Law -- JM
. Animash (2013), dir. Unknown -- JM
. Wolfsong (2013), dir. Toniko Pantoja -- JM
. CONCORDE: Sons (2014), dir. Alexis Beaumont & Rémi Godin -- JM
. Fever The Ghost: SOURCE (2014), dir. Felix Colgrave -- JM
. Back To Tamriel (2014), dir. Harry Patridge -- JM
. Moon Animate Make-Up! (2014), dir. Junichi Sato, Kaitlin Sullivan -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Al Rojo Viva (2015), dir. Dave Wasson, Paul Rudish -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Movie Time (2015), dir. Dave Wasson, Paul Rudish -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Entombed (2016), dir. Dave Thomas, Paul Rudish -- JM
. Inside (2016), dir. Mattis Dovier -- JM
. SIAMÉS: The Wolf (2017), dir. Fer Suniga & Rudo Co. -- JM

On the subject of including re-animations (such as Moon Animate Make-Up), someone made a very good point about it: while it does use the storyboards of the original episode, it counts more as a remake since it doesn't trace over the original footage. With that in mind, I also remembered that Disney/WB/MGM would occasionally remake some of their old shorts with brand new animation, and it would be unfair to discount them from inclusion just because they're not the original version. So, at least for now, re-animations (especially those by fans) will be up for inclusion on the list.

Now, for this week's question to the audience, I want your thoughts on a point a forum poster elsewhere asked with the last update:

SHOULD TWO-PART MOVIES BE LISTED AS ONE FILM, OR TWO?

This was asked in relation to the two-part adaptation of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, which I had listed as two separate entries, but the forum poster felt should be counted as one film to free up space for another film. And I do think that is a good idea, at least in the context of these two specific films, but I'm not sure for doing that with films in general.

On the one hand, you could argue that two-part films make up two halves of one story, but each film has its own self-contained story to tell within a bigger story, and it can sometimes happen that one half is stronger than the other (ask most folks who prefer Back to the Future Part II to Part III, even though they technically are the two halves of Marty's next adventure). On that note, the "separate-portions-of-a-story" logic could be used to justify counting other pairs of films, or even trilogies, under one film. "What? All four new Evangelion films tell their own portions of one big story, so why not just have 3.33 used to represent the whole series?"

On the other hand, if the story is clearly split up into two parts and only really works when you watch the two films together, maybe it would make more sense to list it as one film. What do you think? Should I make an exception for this case, and perhaps other films of a similar sort? Or should I list the two films separately and not wind up causing a pedantic conversation about representing film series with one film? Let me know, and I'll see what to do next.

Thanks for reading this, please contribute with suggestions and feedback if you can, and have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 23:34 - 11/JUNE/2017.

Yikes, I think this might be the biggest update to the list since the project began, with 78 films being added! This has not only taken us over 650 films in total, but has left just a couple of films short of breaking past the barrier of 700 films! That's baffling and amazing at the same time, and I can only again offer my endless gratitude to everyone who has contributed to the project with suggestions, feedback and whatnot. Thank you all!

If you're interested to see what films were added to the list, here they are:

Spoiler

. Looney Tunes: Baseball Bugs (1945), dir. Friz Freleng -- JM
. Merrie Melodies: The Duck-sters (1949), dir. Chuck Jones -- JM
. Looney Tunes: Long Haied-Hare (1949), dir. Chuck Jones -- JM

. Looney Tunes: The Scarlet Pumpernickel (1950), dir. Chuck Jones -- JM
. Looney Tunes: Bully For Bugs (1952), dir. Chuck Jones -- JM
. Merrie Melodies: Rabbit Seasoning (1952), dir. Chuck Jones -- JM
. Lady and the Tramp (1955), dir. Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, Hamilton Luske -- JM

. Gay Purr-ee (1962), dir. Abe Levitow -- JM
. The Great Adventures of Horus, Prince of the Sun (1968), dir. Isao Takahata -- JM
. The Wonderful World of Puss n' Boots (1969), dir. Kimio Yabuki -- JM

. Animal Treasure Island (1971), dir. Hiroshi Ikeda -- JM
. Zikkaron (1971), dir. Laurent Coderre -- JM
. The Point (1971), dir. Fred Wolf -- ILDC
. Mr. Frog Went-A-Courting (1974), dir. Evelyn Lambart -- JM
. Schoolhouse Rock: I'm Just a Bill (1976), dir. -- ILDC

. The Fox and the Hound (1981), dir. Ted Berman, Richard Rich, Art Stevens -- JM
. Barefoot Gen (1983), dir. Mori Masaki -- JM
. Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamers (1984), dir. Mamoru Oshii -- JM
. Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story (1987), dir. Todd Haynes -- ILDC
. Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise (1987), dir. Hiroyuki Yamaga -- JM
. Robot Carnival (1987), dir. Atsuko Fukushima, Katsuhiro Otomo, Koji Morimoto, Hidetoshi Ōmori, Yasuomi Umetsu, Hiroyuki Kitazume, Manabu Ōhashi (Mao Lamdo), Hiroyuki Kitakubo, Takashi Nakamura -- JM
. Neo Tokyo (1987), dir. Rintaro, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Katsuhiro Otomo -- JM
. They Might Be Giants: (She Was A) Hotel Detective (1988), dir. Adam Bernstein -- ILDC
. The Persistent Peddler (1988), dir. Claude Cloutier -- JM
. Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989), dir. Masami Hata & William Hurtz -- JM

. They Might Be Giants: Istanbul [Not Constantinople] (1990), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Batman The Animated Series: Pilot (1991), dir. Bruce Timm -- JM
. Tiny Toon Adventures: Tiny Toon Music Television (1991), dir. Art Vitello -- ILDC
. Roujin-Z (1991), dir. Hiroyuki Kitakubo -- JM
. Whoopass Stew! (1992), dir. Craig McCracken -- ILDC
. The Tune (1992), dir. Bill Plympton -- ILDC
. Aladdin (1992), dir. Ron Clements & John Musker -- ILDC
. The Dirdy Birdy (1993), dir. John R. Dilworth -- ILDC
. Animaniacs: Ragamuffins (1994), dir. Barry Caldwell & Jon McClenahan -- ILDC
. Space Ghost Coast to Coast: President's Day Nightmare (1995), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. What a Cartoon!: Dexter's Laboratory (1995), dir. Genndy Tartakovsky -- ILDC
. What a Cartoon!: Johnny Bravo (1995), dir. Van Partible -- ILDC
. How Dinosaurs Learned to Fly (1995), dir. Munro Ferguson -- JM
. What a Cartoon!: Larry and Steve (1997), dir. Seth MacFarlane -- ILDC
. Hercules (1997), dir. John Musker & Ron Clements -- JM
. The Goddamn George Liquor Program: Episode 2 (1997), dir. John Kricfalusi -- JM
. Squirrel Nut Zippers: Ghost of Stephen Foster (1999), dir. Matthew Nastuk & Raymond S. Persi -- ILDC

. Paul McCartney's Music & Animation: Tuesday (2002), dir. Geoff Dunbar -- ILDC
. Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Baffler Meal (2003), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Destino (2003), dir. Dominique Monféry -- JM
. Plastic Man: Puddle Trouble (2006), dir. Andy Suriano -- ILDC
. The Girl Who Hated Books (2006), dir. Jo Meuris -- JM
. The Cribs: Mirror Kissers (2006), dir. Olly Williams & Philip Sansom -- JM
. Super Mario Bros Z: Brawl on a Vanishing Island (2007), dir. Alvin-Earthworm -- JM
. Robot Chicken: Star Wars (2007), dir. Seth Green -- ILDC
. They Might Be Giants: With The Dark (2007), dir. Hine Mizushima -- ILDC
. They Might Be Giants: The Mesopotamians (2007), dir. David Cowles -- ILDC
. Genius Party (2007), dir. Atsuko Fukushima, Shoji Kawamor, Shinji Kimura, Yoji Fukuyama, Hideki Futamura, Masaaki Yuasa, Shinichiro Watanabe -- JM
. Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (2007), dir. Hideaki Anno (chief), MASAYUKI & Kazuya Tsurumaki -- JM
. Teppen Toppa Gurren Lagann: The Lights in the Sky Are Stars (2007), dir. Hiroyuki Imaishi -- RC
. The Sky Crawlers (2008), dir Mamoru Oshii -- JM
. Random! Cartoons: Adventure Time (2008), dir. Pendleton Ward -- ILDC
. The Powerpuff Girls: The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!! (2009), dir. Craig McCracken -- ILDC
. Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance (2009), dir. Hideaki Anno (chief), MASAYUKI & Kazuya Tsurumaki -- JM

. Weird Al Yankovic: Polka Face (2011), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. CollegeHumor: The Fantastic Mr. Star Fox (2011), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Gravity Falls: Fight Fighters (2012), dir. John Aoshima -- ILDC
. Tame Impala: Feels Like We Only Go Backwards (2012), dir. Becky Sloan & Jospeh Pelling
. Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (2012), dir. Hideaki Anno (chief), Mahiro Maeda & Kazuya Tsurumaki -- JM
. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (2013), dir. Masahiro Hosoda -- JM
. Crash Does A Thing (2013), dir. CrikeyDave & Psyguy -- JM
. The Powerpuff Girls: Dance Pantsed (2014), dir. David P. Smith -- ILDC
. Space Dandy: A Race in Space Dangerous, Baby (2014), dir. So Toyama, Shinichirō Watanabe -- RC
. Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet (2014), dir. Roger Allers (supervising), Paul & Gaëtan Brizzi, Joan C. Gratz, Mohammed Saeed Harib, Tomm Moore, Nina Paley, Bill Plympton, Joann Sfar, Michal Socha -- JM
. Back to Backspace (2014), dir. Dominic Bisignano & Amalia Levari (presumed) -- ILDC
. SIMPSONS PIXELS (2015), dir. Paul Robertson & Ivan Dixon -- ILDC
. Mickey Mouse '13: Workin' Stiff (2015), dir. Eddie Trigueros -- ILDC
. Regular Show: Fun Run (2015), dir. Sarah Oleksyk -- JM
. Primus: Candyman (2015), dir. Ivan Landau, Edgar Alvarez & Webster Colcord -- ILDC
. The Amazing World of Gumball: The Origins (2016), dir. Aurelie Charbonnier (presumed) -- ILDC
. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders (2016), dir. Rick Morales -- JM
. Duck The Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special (2016), dir. Alonso Ramirez Ramos & Dave Wasson -- ILDC
. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017), dir. David Soren -- ILDC

To settle last week's question of whether two-part films should be listed as one film (such as Batman: The Dark Knight Returns), I talked to a couple of people in the last few days and was convinced to list each film in a series individually, but to make an exception for The Dark Knight Returns. The reason for that is because the two films are explicitly two parts of the same story and have generally similar qualities that it would be redundant to list the same thing twice for slightly different reasons (unlike, say, the new Evangelion movies, which are very different from each other). Unless very similar cases crop up in the near future, I don't intend on making any more exceptions in this area, lest we end up getting lost in pedantic arguments.

Now, this next question will be the last one concerning what kind of films can/can't be included for quite some time, since we've covered pretty much all the major grey areas. So, here's my question:

SHOULD ANTHOLOGY/COMPILATION FILMS BE LISTED AS A WHOLE FILM, OR AS CERTAIN SEGMENTS?

You might notice there's something of an inconsistency in regards to compilation/anthology films, where there isn't a single continuous story but several short films grouped together under a certain theme, on the list. Films such as the Fantasia movies and Robot Carnival are included in their entirety, yet with other films like The Animatrix, they're represented with one particular segment. I'd like to sort out this issue and have every compilation/anthology film be treated equally, but I'm not sure what to do.

On the one hand, I'm fine with listing the film in general, since some films are more important for their historical context as a whole than the inherent quality of particular shorts (e.g. Fantasia should probably be included entirely for what the project in general was trying to do, not for the merits of one or two of its segments). On the other hand, there are some films that only have one or two particularly important or high-quality segment, and it would make more sense to emphasize the quality of those segments compared to the rest of the project (e.g. I consider Beyond to be the only really interesting segment in The Animatrix).

I apologize if this sounds unclear, but this basic representation of what either solution would look like should hopefully give you a better understanding:

LISTING ENTIRE FILMS:

. Robot Carnival (1987), dir. Atsuko Fukushima...
. Neo Tokyo (1987), dir. Rintaro...
. Fantasia 2000 (1999), dir...

LISTING SEGMENTS OF FILMS:

. Robot Carnival: Franken's Gears (1987), dir. Koji Morimoto
. Robot Carnival: Chicken Man and Red Neck (1987), dir. Takashi Nakamura
. Neo Tokyo: Running Man (1987), dir. Yoshiaki Kawajiri
. Fantasia 2000: Pines of Rome (1999), dir. Hendel Butoy
. Fantasia 2000: Rhapsody in Blue (1999), dir. Eric Goldberg

If you can help me come to some conclusion on this matter, I'd really appreciate that. I want to be fair to all anthology/compilation films, and I want to hear other perspectives that I may not have previously considered. Thank you.

Whatever you end up doing, please contribute with suggestions and feedback, share this thread around to other people so they can join in, and I'll do everything I can to keep moving forward with this project. Thank you all again, and have a great day!

-Jim McGrath

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, EVAGEEKS AND SONIC STADIUM MESSAGE BOARDS, AS OF 22:29 - 20/JUNE/2017.

Hello, and welcome back to the thread! I've given the opening post a bit of a clean-up, to make it more easily readable to newcomers, and updated the rules since the questions I've been asking y'all have been cleared up. In addition, we've got another big update, with 48 films having been added to the list! This is just a couple of films short of the 750 film threshold, meaning that we've managed to get over 700 films! Thank you all for contributing to this project, with suggestions, feedback and questions, to such an extent! You're the best! And now, for the updated films:

Spoiler

. Eveready Harton in Buried Treasure (1929), dir. Unknown -- ILDC

. Tom & Jerry: Fraidy Cat (1942), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM
. Tom & Jerry: Dog Trouble (1942), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM

. Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom (1953), dir. Ward Kimball & Charles A. Nichols -- ILDC
. Goofy: How to Sleep (1953), dir. Jack Kinney -- ILDC

. DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990), dir. Bob Hathcock -- ILDC
. Beavis and Butt-head: Frog Baseball (1992), dir. Mike Judge -- ILDC
. Batman TAS: Heart of Ice (1992), dir. Bruce Timm -- ILDC
. Green Jelly: Three Little Pigs (1993), dir. Fred Sthur (presumed) -- JM
. The Powerpuff Girls: Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins (1995), dir. Craig McCracken -- ILDC
. Björk: I Miss You (1995), dir. John Kricfalusi -- ILDC
. Cow and Chicken: No Smoking (1995), dir. Dave Feiss -- ILDC
. Courage the Cowardly Dog: The Chicken from Outer Space (1996), dir. John R. Dilworth -- ILDC
. Batman TAS: Legends of the Dark Knight (1998), dir. Dan Riba -- ILDC
. SpongeBob SquarePants: Help Wanted (1999), dir. Stephen Hillenburg -- ILDC
. The Powerpuff Girls: The Bare Facts (1999), dir. John McIntyre & Craig McCracken -- ILDC

. An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000), dir. Douglas McCarthy -- JM
. Rejected (2000), dir. Don Hertzfeldt -- ILDC
. Ramblin' Man (2000), dir. Aaron Augenblick -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: Tomorrow Comes Today (2000), dir. Jamie Hewlett -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: 19-2000 (2001), dir. Jamie Hewlett & Pete Candeland -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: Rock the House (2001), dir. Jamie Hewlett & Pete Candeland -- ILDC
. The Animatrix (2003), dir. Andy Jones, Mahiro Maeda, Shinichiro Watanabe, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, Takeshi Koike, Kōji Morimoto, Peter Chung -- JM (THIS REPLACES THE ANIMATRIX: BEYOND)
. Gorillaz: DARE (2005), dir. Jamie Hewlett & Pete Candeland -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: Dirty Harry (2005), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Kanye West: Heard 'Em Say (2005), dir. Bill Plympton & Kanye West -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: El Mañana (2006), dir. Jamie Hewlett -- ILDC
. Weird Al Yankovic: Close but No Cigar (2006), dir. John Kricfalusi -- ILDC
. Kanye West: Good Morning (2007), dir. Takashi Murakami (presumed) -- ILDC
. Kanye West: Good Life (2007), dir. Jonas Euvremer & François Rousselet -- ILDC
. Kanye West: Heartless (2008), dir. Hype Williams -- ILDC
. Kid Cudi: Day 'n' Nite (2009), dir. So Me -- ILDC

. Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation (2010), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: Stylo (2010), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Zac Brown Band: The Wind (2012), dir. Mike Judge -- ILDC
. Motorcity: Mayhem Night (2012), dir. Chris Prynoski -- ILDC
. Gorillaz: DoYaThing (2012), dir. Jamie Hewlett -- ILDC
. Rick and Morty: Pilot (2013), dir. Justin Roiland -- ILDC
. Chalk Trace (2013), dir. Esther Johnson -- JM
. Gelato Go Home! (2013), dir. Alasdair Brotherston & Jock Mooney -- JM
. Major Lazer: Come On To Me (2014), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Mune: Guardian of the Moon (2014), dir. Alexandre Heboyan & Benoît Philippon -- JM
. Mickey Mouse '13: Black and White (2015), dir. Clay Morrow -- ILDC
. Dofus - Book 1: Julith (2015), dir. Anthony Roux & Jean-Jacques Denis -- JM
. Radiohead: Burn the Witch (2016), dir. Chris Hopewell -- ILDC
. Storks (2016), dir. Nicholas Stoller & Doug Sweetland -- ILDC
. The Master: A LEGO Ninjago Short (2016), dir. Jon Saunders -- ILDC
. Zedd: Ignite (2016), dir. Unknown -- JM
. The LEGO Batman Movie (2017), dir. Chris McKay -- ILDC

As you might have noticed from the update, I've come to a conclusion on last week's question; mainly as to whether anthology films should be listed a one film, or by whatever unique shorts are in these films. After talking to a couple of people, I've decided to list the film in its entirety, though I will have no issue listing shorts of particular note in a bonus section or something like that. Otherwise, there might have been a chance that people would get really pedantic about this topic.

Now, last time I said that I wouldn't have anything else to discuss, but someone raised the point of including mini-series such as Over the Garden Wall into the list. I hadn't really considered the point, but I believe that since the episodes tend to be ten minutes long, they should be listed like TV episodes or animated shorts. However, there's also the fact that some mini-series have tight plotlines that develop over the few mini-sodes that they have, so it would surely make more sense to list them in their entirety.

I'm not too sure on what to do on this subject, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

In the meantime, keep contributing with suggestions, feedback and questions! I'll do my best to address/include them! Thank you all once again, I hope you've found a good few films from this thread, and until we meet again, have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, TWITTER AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 18:38 - 30/JUNE/2017.

To try and expand the scope of what's included on the list, I took to asking a couple of animation enthusiasts on Twitter and was sent to some websites listing good shorts/films. This would explain why this next update has 103 films, which manages to take us past not only 750 films but 800 films! Hell, it leaves just a couple of films under the 850 film threshold! It's simply insane to think of how many films have been added with this update, particularly to the 1930's. In fact, I'm quite tempted to give the 30's its own section from here on out. We'll see, but for now, thank you all again. You're amazing! Now for the update list:

Spoiler

. The Cameraman's Revenge/Miest Kinomatograficheskovo Operatora (1912), dir. Ladislas Starevich -- tamerlane
. The Sinking of the Lusitania (1918), dir. Winsor McCay -- tamerlane
. Cinderella (1922), dir. Lotte Reiniger -- tamerlane
. Frogland/Les Grenouilles qui Demandent un Roi (1922), dir. Ladislas Starevich -- tamerlane
. Out of the Inkwell: Bed Time (1923), dir. Dave Fleischer -- tamerlane
. Symphonie diagonale/Diagonal-Symphonie (1924), dir. Viking Eggeling -- tamerlane
. Seelische Konstruktionen (1927), dir. Oskar Fischinger -- tamerlane
. Out of the Inkwell: Ko-Ko the Kop (1927), dir. Dave Fleischer -- tamerlane
. Out of the Inkwell: Ko-Ko's Earth Control (1928), dir. Dave Fleischer -- tamerlane
. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Hash Shop (1930), dir. Bill Nolan/Walter Lantz -- tamerlane
. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: Hell's Heels (1930), dir. Bill Nolan/Walter Lantz -- tamerlane
. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: Spooks (1930), dir. Bill Nolan/Walter Lantz -- tamerlane
. Talkartoons: Mysterious Mose (1930), dir. Dave Fleischer -- tamerlane
. Toby the Pup: Halloween (1931), dir. Dick Huemer -- tamerlane
. Talkartoons: Mask-A-Raid (1931), dir. Dave Fleischer -- tamerlane
. Scrappy: Sunday Clothes (1931), dir. Dick Huemer -- tamerlane
. Toby the Pup: Toby the Milkman (1931), dir. Dick Huemer -- tamerlane
. Night on Bald Mountain/Une nuit sur le mont Chauve (1931), dir. Alexandre Alexeieff -- tamerlane
. Scrappy: The Bad Genius (1932), dir. Dick Huemer -- tamerlane
. Betty Boop: Betty Boop, M.D. (1932), dir. Willard Bowsky -- tamerlane
. Scrappy: Flop House (1932), dir. Dick Huemer -- tamerlane
. Talkartoons: Hide and Seek (1932), dir. Roland Crandall -- tamerlane
. The Idea/L'Idée (1932), dir. Berthold Bartosch -- tamerlane
. Betty Boop: Snow-White (1933), dir. Roland Crandall -- ibcf
. Betty Boop: I Heard (1933), dir. Willard Bowsky -- tamerlane
. The Joy of Living/Le Joie de Vivre (1934), dir. Anthony Gross & Hector Hoppin -- tamerlane
. Popeye the Sailor: A Dream Walking (1934), dir. Seymour Kneitel -- tamerlane
. Betty Boop: Red Hot Mamma (1934), dir. Willard Bowsky -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Mickey's Fire Brigade (1935), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: The Band Concert (1935), dir. Wilfred Jackson -- ibcf
. A Colour Box (1935), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Popeye the Sailor: For Better or Worser (1935), dir. Seymour Kneitel -- tamerlane
. Kaleidoscope (1935), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Popeye the Sailor: King of the Mardi Gras (1935), dir. David Tendlar -- tamerlane
. Composition in Blue/Komposition in Blau (1935), dir. Oskar Fischinger -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Mickey's Service Station (1935), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- tamerlane
. Silly Symphonies: Music Land (1935), dir. Wilfred Jackson -- tamerlane
. Silly Symphonies: Three Orphan Kittens (1935), dir. David Hand -- tamerlane
. Allegretto (1936), dir. Oskar Fischinger -- tamerlane
. Silly Symphonies: The Country Cousin (1936), dir. Wilfred Jackson -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Moving Day (1936), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- tamerlane
. Rainbow Dance (1936), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. The Returned Sun (1936), dir. Olga Khodatayeva -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Thru the Mirror (1936), dir. David Hand -- tamerlane
. Silly Symphonies: The Old Mill (1937), dir. Wilfred Jackon -- ibcf
. Colour Flight (1937), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves (1937), dir. Willard Bowsky -- tamerlane
. The Paneless Window Washer (1937), dir. Willard Bowsky -- tamerlane
. Philips Broadcoast of 1938 (1937), dir. George Pal -- tamerlane
. Trade Tattoo (1937), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Brave Little Tailor (1938), dir. Bill Roberts -- ibcf
. Popeye the Sailor: Goonland (1938), dir. Dave Fleischer/Seymour Kneitel -- tamerlane
. Cavalcade of Music (1938), dir. George Pal -- tamerlane
. Popeye the Sailor: Cops Is Always Right (1938), dir. Seymour Kneitel -- tamerlane
. Popeye the Sailor: A Date to Skate (1938), dir. Willard Bowsky -- tamerlane
. Le messager de la lumière (1938), dir. Paul Grimault -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Mickey's Trailer (1938), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes: Porky in Egypt (1938), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Silly Symphonies: Wynken, Blynken and Nod (1938), dir. Graham Hid -- tamerlane
. Spook Sport (1939), dir. Mary Ellen Bute -- tamerlane
. Swinging the Lambeth Walk (1939), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Peace on Earth (1939), dir. Hugh Harman -- ibcf

. Tom & Jerry: Sufferin' Cats! (1943), William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM
. Tom & Jerry: Yankee Doodle Mouse (1943), William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM
. Tom & Jerry: Baby Puss (1943), William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM
. Merrie Melodies: Little Red Riding Rabbit (1944), dir. Friz Freleng -- ibcf
. Tom & Jerry: Mouse Trouble (1944), William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM
. Tom & Jerry: Mouse in Manhattan (1945), William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- JM
. Flippy: Cagey Bird (1946), dir. Howard Swift -- ibcf
. King-Size Canary (1947), dir. Tex Avery -- ibcf

. Crusader Rabbit: Crusader vs. the State of Texas (1950), dir. Alex Anderson -- ILDC
. Gerald McBoing-Boing (1950), dir. Robert Cannon -- ibcf
. Jolly Frolics: Rooty Toot Toot (1951), dir. John Hubley -- ibcf
. Pluto: Plutopia (1951), dir. Charles A. Nichols -- ibcf
. The Unicorn in the Garden (1953), dir. William T. Hurtz -- ibcf
. Ben and Me (1953), dir. Hamilton Luske -- JM
. The Truth About Mother Goose (1957), dir. Wolfgang Reitherman & Bill Justice -- JM
. Merrie Melodies: Ali Baba Bunny (1957), dir. Chuck Jones -- ibcf

. The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon (1963), dir. Yūgo Serikawa -- DTM
. Gokū no Daibōken: The Treasure Map is No Good (1967), dir. Osamu Dezaki, Gisaburō Sugii -- DTM

. Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (1971), dir. Hiroshi Shidara -- DTM
. Belladonna of Sadness (1973), dir. Eiichi Yamamoto -- DTM
. Quasi at the Quackadero (1975), dir. Sally Cruikshank -- ibcf

. The Man Who Planted Trees (1987), dir. Frédéric Back -- ibcf
. Bubblegum Crisis: Tinsel City Rhapsody (1987), dir. Kenichi Yatagi, Katsuhito Akiyama -- YTWes
. The Chore (1988), dir. Joe Murray -- ILDC

. Rugrats: Tommy Pickles and The Great White Thing (1990), dir. Peter Chung -- ILDC
. Ren & Stimpy: Space Madness (1991), dir. John Kricfalusi -- JM
. Ninja Scroll (1993), dir. Yoshiaki Kawajiri -- YTWes
. Primus: Southbound Pachyderm (1995), dir. Les Claypool & Raub Shapiro -- ILDC
. South Park: Cartman Gets an Anal Probe (1997), dir. Trey Parker -- AwesomeCauliflower68

. Primus: Lacquer Head (2000), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. The Magic Pudding (2000), dir. Karl Zwicky -- AwesomeCauliflower68
. $9.99 (2009), dir. Tatia Rosenthal -- AwesomeCauliflower68
. The Cartoonstitute: 3 Dog Band in 'Get It Together' (2009), dir. Paul Rudish -- ILDC

. In Between (2012), dir. De Alice Bissonnet, Aloyse Desoubries Binet, Sandrine Hanji Kuang, Juliette Laurent, Sophie Markatatos -- JM
. Upstairs (2013), dir. Matthias Hoegg -- JM
. Work Perks (2013), dir. Lauren Muchan -- JM
. Weird Al Yankovic: Word Crimes (2014), dir. Jarrett Heather -- JM
. Uncle Grandpa: Guest Directed Shorts (2015), dir. M. Wartella, Pendleton Ward, Max Winston -- ILDC
. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Don vs Raph (2016), dir. Sung Jin Ahn -- ILDC
. Bruno Mars: That's What I Like (2017), dir. Bruno Mars & Jonathan Lia -- ILDC
. Mickey Mouse '13: Canned (2017), dir. Paul Rudish -- JM

Onto last week's topic, where I asked how mini-series should be covered in this series. I wasn't sure whether to count the mini-series as a film or list a specific episode, but after asking a couple of people elsewhere for their thoughts, I've come to the conclusion that despite their length, mini-series are still structured like TV shows or shorts series. Each segment is only a few minutes long, and to list an entire mini-series would simply open the gates for people debating on why TV shows with tight narratives can't be included either. It's simply too broad, but I will allow episodes of a mini-series; just not the whole darn thing!

Now, since we're pretty much finished with grey areas (at least until someone brings up one that I completely forgot about), this next question is a bit more complex. To increase exposure and people participating in this project, I'm going to try and start social media pages for the 1001 Animated Films You Should Watch project. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc; whatever would best get more folks involved in this project. However, I'm completely useless when it comes to these sort of things, so I'd like to hear your suggestions on what I should do when setting up and promoting these pages. For some examples:

How often should I post? Should I ask someone more competent to manage the social media aspect? What kind of aesthetic should the pages go for?

Those are just a few basic questions, but if you've got anything more to offer, please let me know and I'll see where to go from there. In the meantime, please keep contributing with suggestions, feedback and questions! Thank you all once again, and until we meet again, have a great day y'all!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 15:58 - 08/JUNE/2017.

Today's update is a pretty special one, for two reasons.

One: this update marks the 3 month anniversary of me starting this thread, all the way back on the 9th of April.

Two: the list of suggested films has gone over not just 850 films; not just 900 films; and not just 950 films. The list has gone over ONE THOUSAND FILMS!

To collect a list of that many films, shorts, episodes, music videos and so on over the course of just three months is not only far beyond whatever expectations I had when I kicked this thing off, but is simply incredible to think that so many people would be able to suggest and contribute a staggering number of animated works, along with feedback in helping me refine what to include.

As my way of celebrating today's update, I'm going to thank everyone who has contributed to the project in some way. We're not done taking suggestions yet (like I said before, we'll probably stop at around 2000 or thereabouts), but I'd like to take the time to give my gratitude to everyone listed below:

Spoiler

Paul Cronin
Richard Cross
tamerlane
Daniel Thomas MacInnes
Sun-Wukong
SurrealBrain 
NathanVS. 
MFWolfe 
King Smithy
koopaul 
Karate Joe
AwesomeCauliflower68 
Prika 
Kara Kong 
Sabertooth1000000000 
Twilight Vestige 
ILDC
Zedxclon 
DarkBluePhoenix
Reichu 
Joseki 
Kazuki_Fuse 
Cosmo11 
Mr Tines
pwhodges 
Director Black 
cyharding
Maxtiis 
Nightly 
Indigo Rush 
CleverSonicUsername 
AxelPrime
Bowbowis
Monkey Destruction Switch
Soldier: 76 
Joy 
Ernest-Panda 
CottonCandy
YTWes 
ibcf

Thank you all. I say this so often, but that's because I mean it every time. I couldn't have done this without you.

And with that, I'll be off to take a brief break from cataloguing films. I'll still take questions, but I need to pace myself for a little while. I'll be back soon enough, however, so you won't have to wait too long. I'll still be around to answer questions if need me, so ask them if you need to.

Here's the latest updates to the list:

Spoiler

. The Tenants To The Side/Les Locataires d’à-côté (1909), dir. Emile Cohl -- tamerlane
. The Joyous Mircrobes/Les Joyeux Microbes (1909), dir. Emile Cohl -- tamerlane
. The Hasher’s Delirium (1910), dir. Emile Cohl -- tamerlane
. Brains Repaired/Le retapeur de cervelles (1910), dir. Emile Cohl -- tamerlane
. Dream of the Rarebit Fiend: How a Mosquito Operates (1912), dir. Winsor McCay -- tamerlane
. Dream of the Rarebit Fiend: The Pet (1921), dir. Winsor McCay  -- tamerlane
. Lichtspiel: Opus I (1921), dir. Walter Ruttmann -- tamerlane
. Lichtspiel: Opus II (1921?), dir. Walter Ruttmann -- tamerlane
. Lichtspiel: Opus III (1924), dir. Walter Ruttmann -- tamerlane
. Lichtspiel: Opus IV (1925), dir. Walter Ruttmann -- tamerlane
. Felix the Cat: Woos Whoopee (1928), dir. Otto Messmer -- tamerlane
. Tusalava (1929), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: Oil’s Well (1929), dir. Bill Nolan -- tamerlane
. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: Permanent Wave (1929), dir. Bill Nolan -- tamerlane
. Post (1929), dir. Mikhail Tsekhanovsky -- tamerlane

. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Rabbit of Seville (1950), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Hypo-Chondri-Cat (1950), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: 8 Ball Bunny (1950), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Homeless Hare (1950), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: What’s Up, Doc? (1950), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Hillbilly Hare (1950), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. Bajaja (1950), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Cat Happy (1950), dir. Connie Rasinski -- tamerlane
. Mr. Magoo: Spellbound Hound (1950), dir. John Hubley -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Drip-Along Daffy (1951), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Early to Bet (1951), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. A Phantasy (1952), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Beep, Beep (1952), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Going! Going! Gosh! (1952), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Kujira (1952), dir. Noburō Ōfuji -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Duck! Rabbit, Duck! (1953), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Colour Cry (1953), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. A Drop Too Much (1954), dir. Bretislav Pojar -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Stop! Look! And Hasten! (1954), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Blinkity Blank (1955), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Gumbasia (1955), dir. Art Clokey -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Ready, Set, Zoom! (1955), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Guided Muscle (1955), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. The Good Soldier Svejk (1955), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Motif (1955), dir. Carmen D’Avino -- tamerlane
. Yuurei sen (1956), dir. Noburō Ōfuji -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Gee Whiz-z-z-z-z-z-z (1956), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. A Man and His Dog Out for Air (1957), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Adventures of an * (1957), dir. John Hubley/Faith Hubley -- tamerlane
. Avenger/Osvetnik (1958), dir. Dušan Vukotić -- tamerlane
. Concerto for Sub-Machine Gun/Koncert za mašinsku pušku (1958), dir. Dušan Vukotić -- tamerlane
. Happy End (1958), dir. Vatroslav Mimica -- tamerlane
. Free Radicals (1958), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: To Itch Its Own (1958), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Tender Game (1958), dir. John Hubley & Faith Hubley -- tamerlane
. Mouse and Cat/Myszka i Kotek (1958), dir. Wladyslaw Nehrebecki -- tamerlane
. The Weavers (1958), dir. Carmen D’Avino -- tamerlane
. A Midsummer Night’s Dream (1959), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. The Lion and the Song (1959), dir. Břetislav Pojar -- tamerlane
. Short and Suite (1959), dir. Norman McLaren & Evelyn Lambart -- tamerlane
. Serenal (1959), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Moonbird (1959), dir. John Hubley -- tamerlane
. The Inspector is Back! (1959), dir. Vatroslav Mimica -- tamerlane
. Piccolo (1959), dir. Dušan Vukotić -- tamerlane
. The Cow on the Moon (1959), dir. Dušan Vukotić -- tamerlane
. The Room (1959), dir. Carmen D’Avino -- tamerlane
. The Big O (1959), dir. Carmen D’Avino -- tamerlane
. The Astronauts/Les Astronautes (1959), dir. Walerian Borowczyk & Chris Marker -- tamerlane

. Island/Остров (1973), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. The Fox and the Hare/Лиса и заяц (1973), dir. Yuri Norstein -- tamerlane
. Cockaboody (1973), dir. John & Faith Hubley -- tamerlane
. The Elevator (1973), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Johnny Corncob/János vitéz (1973), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- tamerlane
. Add tovabb (1973), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- tamerlane
. Heart of Rescue/Cœur de secours (1973), dir. Piotr Kamler -- tamerlane
. Trikfilm 3 (1973), dir. George Griffin -- tamerlane
. Heavy Light (1973), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. Orb (1973), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. Light (1973), dir. Jordan Belson -- tamerlane
. The Owl Who Married a Goose (1974), dir. Caroline Leaf -- tamerlane
. Diary (1974), dir. Nedeljko Dragic -- tamerlane
. Shapoklyak/Шапокляк (1974), dir. Roman Kachanov -- tamerlane
. Football Stars (1974), dir. Boris Dezhkin -- tamerlane
. The Heron and the Crane (1974), dir. Yuri Norstein -- tamerlane
. Hunger (1974), dir. Peter Foldes -- tamerlane
. Sisyphus (1974), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- tamerlane
. Fuji (1974), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. On The Line/Au bout du fil (1974), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Summer of the 74th/A 74-es nyar emleke (1974), dir. Gyorgy Kovasznai -- tamerlane
. Icarus (1974), dir. Paul Bochner -- tamerlane
. Sausage City (1974), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. Flesh Flows (1974), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. Potr’ et la fille des eaux (1974), dir. Jean-François Laguionie -- tamerlane
. The Actor/L’acteur (1974), dir. Jean-François Laguionie -- tamerlane
. Euphoria (1974), dir. Vince Collins -- tamerlane
. Perspectrum (1975), dir. Ishu Patel -- tamerlane
. And Mother will Forgive Me Too (1975), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. Fire/Pozar (1975), dir. Witold Giersz -- tamerlane
. In the Shadows (1975), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. An Old Box (1975), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Clouds/Nuvole (1975), dir. Manfredo Manfredi -- tamerlane
. Le Pas (1975), dir. Piotr Kamler -- tamerlane
. Head (1975), dir. George Griffin -- tamerlane
. Kitsch in Synch (1975), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. Sweet Friday (1975), dir. Keiichi Tanaami -- tamerlane
. Crayon Angel (1975), dir. Keiichi Tanaami -- tamerlane
. Phenakistiscope (1975), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. Seed Reel #1 (1975), dir. Mary Beams -- tamerlane
. What the Hell did you Want? (1975), dir. David Cherkassky -- tamerlane
. Soup/Zupa (1975), dir. Zbigniew Rybczyński -- tamerlane

. Bring Me the Head of Charlie Brown (1986), dir. Jim Reardon -- ILDC
. Paula Abdul: Opposites Attract (1989), dir. Candace Recking & M -- ILDC

. The Spirit of Christmas: Jesus vs. Frosty (1992), dir. Trey Parker & Matt Stone -- ILDC
. The Spirit of Christmas: Jesus vs. Santa (1995), dir. Trey Parker & Matt Stone -- ILDC
. Hey Arnold!: 24 Hours To Live (1997), dir. Craig Bartlett & Larry Leichliter -- ILDC
. Eiffel 65: Blue [Da Ba Dee] (1999), dir. Celestino Gianotti -- ILDC

. Invader ZIM: The Nightmare Begins (2001), dir. Steve Ressel -- ILDC
. Ween: Transdermal Celebration (2003), dir. chluaid -- ILDC
. Queer-Duck: The Movie (2006), dir. Xeth Feinberg -- ILDC
. Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Ember Island Players (2008), dir. Giancarlo Volpe -- ILDC

. Teeter See Totter Saw (2014), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. Totem (2014), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. One More (2014), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. Plumb (2014), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. My Milk Cup Cow (2014), dir. Yantong Zhu -- tamerlane
. See ya Mr. Banno! (2014), dir. Yoko Yuki -- tamerlane
. Mrs. KABAGOdZILLA (2014), dir. Moe Koyano -- tamerlane
. GYRØ (2014), dir. MADOKA -- tamerlane
. 00:08 (2014), dir. Yutaro Kubo -- tamerlane
. Lonesome Warrior (2014), dir. Manami Wakai -- tamerlane
. Brain Lapse (2014), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. Headspace (2014), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. Wonder (2014), dir. Mirai Mizue -- tamerlane
. Black Seed (2014), dir. Francesco Rosso -- tamerlane
. Fok Nabo Distorio (2014), dir. Francesco Rosso -- tamerlane
. Descent (2014), dir. Johan Rijpma -- tamerlane
. Last Ex: Girl Seizure (2014), dir. Gabe Mangold -- tamerlane
. Vile Vile (2014), dir. Taylor Beldy -- tamerlane
. JIJII (2014), dir. Saigo no Shudan -- tamerlane
. Stop Peeping (2014), dir. WongPing -- tamerlane
. Blue (2015), dir. Daniela Sherer -- tamerlane
. Moonlit Night and Opal (2015), dir. ShiShi Yamazaki -- tamerlane
. I’m here (2015), dir. Yukie Nakauchi -- tamerlane
. Zdravstvuite! (2015), dir. Yoko Yuki -- tamerlane
. Tepid Bath (2015), dir. Tsumugi Harunari -- tamerlane
. Here There (2015), dir. Alexander Stewart -- tamerlane
. Night Vision (2015), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. Tabasum (2015), dir. Isabelle Aspin & Brian Smee -- tamerlane
. OUTERSPACE (2015), dir. Zack El-Magharbel -- tamerlane
. North Korean Pop (2015), dir. Gabe Mangold -- tamerlane
. Still Life (2015), dir. Kevin Eskew -- tamerlane
. Warm Pond (2015), dir. Taylor Beldy -- tamerlane
. Jungle of Desire (2015), dir. WongPing -- tamerlane
. Doggy Love (2015), dir. WongPing -- tamerlane
. An Emo Nose (2015), dir. WongPing -- tamerlane
. Scooby-Doo! and KISS: Rock and Roll Mystery (2015), dir. Spike Brandt & Tony Cervone -- ILDC
. Niko and the Sword of Light: From the Desert of Despair into the Swamp of Sorrow! (2015), dir. Sung Jin Ahn -- ILDC
. VIDEO 69 (2016), dir. Ingo Raschka -- tamerlane
. Nowhere Man (2016), dir. Zilai Feng -- tamerlane
. Lazy Daze (2016), dir. Brian Smee -- tamerlane
. Table of Gods (2016), dir. Jacob Menden -- tamerlane
. COBWEBS (2016), dir. Zack El-Magharbel -- tamerlane
. everybody is that one cousin (2016), dir. Zack El-Magharbel -- tamerlane
. Marvel's Rocket & Groot: Dream Machine (2017), dir. Arnaud Delord -- ILDC
. Ant-Man: Science Fair (2017), dir. Ugo Bienvenu & Kevin Manach -- ILDC
. Uncle Grandpa: More Director Shorts (2017), dir. Chris Prynoski, Marc M., JJ Villard, Mike Carlo -- ILDC

Thank you. Keep contributing if you can with suggestions, questions and feedback. Until we meet again, have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 13:09 - 17/JUNE/2017.

Eh, I just couldn't stop myself from updating this project one last time. And bleeding buggery, this update's the biggest one yet; with 346 films, the amount of films on the list skips straight past 1100, 1200 and 1300 films, and heads to just over 1350 FILMS! Once again, this is both insane and beautiful, and I can only thank everyone who has suggested films or recommended other lists for me to check out. Y'all are amazing and I love you. Here's the list of films being included with today's update:

Spoiler

. Mickey Mouse: On Ice (1935), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- JM

. Composition 1: Themis (1940), dir. Dwinell Grant -- tamerlane
. Dots (1940), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Loops (1940), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Pinocchio (1940), dir. Ben Sharpsteen & Hamilton Luske (supervising), Bill Roberts, Norman Ferguson, Jack Kinney, Wilfred Jackson, T. Hee -- tamerlane
. Dumbo (1941), dir. Ben Sharpsteen (supervising), Norman Ferguson, Wilfred Jackson, Bill Roberts, Jack Kinney, Samuel Armstrong -- tamerlane
. Goofy: The Art of Skiing (1941), dir. Jack Kinney -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: The Little Whirlwind (1941), dir. Riley Thomson -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: The Nifty Nineties (1941), dir. Riley Thomson -- tamerlane
. Composition 2: Contrathemis (1941), dir. Dwinell Grant -- tamerlane
. Boogie-Doodle (1941), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Les passagers de “La Grande Ourse” (1941), dir. Paul Grimault -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Rhapsody in Rivets (1941), dir. Friz Freleng -- tamerlane
. Color Rhapsodies: The Fox and the Grapes (1941), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Weather-beaten Melody/Verwitterte Melodie (1942), dir. Hans Fischerkoesen -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Eatin’ on the Cuff (1942), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Hep Cat (1942), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Horton Hatches the Egg (1942), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Radio Dynamics (1942), dir. Oskar Fischinger -- tamerlane
. Mickey Mouse: Symphony Hour (1942), dir. Riley Thomson -- tamerlane
. Goofy: How to Play Baseball (1942), dir. Jack Kinney -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: An Itch in Time (1943), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Inki and the Minah Bird (1943), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Puss N’ Booty (1943), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. The Scarecrow/L’epouvantail (1943), dir. Paul Grimault -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Russian Rhapsody (1944), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Tom Turk and Daffy (1944), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Hare Ribbin' (1944), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Swooner Crooner (1944), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Stupid Cupid (1944), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Plane Daffy (1944), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Private Snafu: Outpost (1944), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. The Thief of Lightning Rods/Le voleur de paratonnerres (1944), dir. Paul Grimault -- tamerlane
. Goofy: How to Play Football (1944), dir. Jack Kinney -- tamerlane
. Goofy: How to Play Golf (1944), dir. Jack Kinney -- tamerlane
. Goofy: How to Be a Sailor (1944), dir. Jack Kinney -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: The Zoot Cat (1944), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane
. Andy Panda: The Painter and the Pointer (1944), dir. Shamus Culhane -- tamerlane
. Swing Symphony: The Greatest Man in Siam (1944), dir. Shamus Culhane -- tamerlane
. He Planted His Grandfather's Tail/Zasadil dedek repu (1945), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Fresh Airedale (1945), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Hare Conditioned (1945), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: A Tale of Two Mice (1945), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Behind the Meat-Ball (1945), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Trap Happy Porky (1945), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Unruly Hare (1945), dir. Frank Tashlin -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Bashful Buzzard (1945), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Donald Duck: Duck Pimples (1945), dir. Jack Kinney -- tamerlane
. The Lost Letter/Пропа́вшая гра́мота (1945), dir. Lamis Bredis, Zinaida Brumberg, Valentina Brumberg -- tamerlane
. Screwy Squirrel: The Screwy Truant (1945), dir. Tex Avery -- tamerlane
. Swing Shift Cinderella (1945), dir. Tex Avery -- tamerlane
. The Brotherhood of Man (1945/6), dir. Bobe Cannon -- tamerlane
. Glen Falls Sequence (1946), dir. Douglass Crockwell -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (1946), dir. Bob Clampett -- tamerlane
. Hoppity Pop (1946), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. A Little Phantasy on a Nineteenth Century Painting (1946), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Gift/Dárek (1946), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Perak a SS (1946), dir. Jiří Trnka & Jiří Brdečka -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: Solid Serenade (1946), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: Trap Happy (1946), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: Springtime for Thomas (1946), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane
. The Hick Chick (1946), dir. Tex Avery -- tamerlane
. The Magic Flute/La flûte magique (1946), dir. Paul Grimault -- tamerlane
. Motion Painting No. 1 (1947), dir. Oskar Fischinger -- tamerlane
. Fiddle-de-dee (1947), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Slap Happy Lion (1947), dir. Tex Avery -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Doggone Cats (1947), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Foxy Duckling (1947), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Birth of a Notion (1947), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. Taaren (1947), dir. Søren Melson -- tamerlane
. Lucky Ducky (1948), dir. Tex Avery -- tamerlane
. Vzducholod a laska (1948), dir. Jiří Brdečka -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: What’s Brewin’, Bruin? (1948), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: What Makes Daffy Duck? (1948), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Daffy Dilly (1948), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Foghorn Leghorn (1948), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Haredevil Hare (1948), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Two Gophers from Texas (1948), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Riff Raffy Daffy (1948), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Dough Ray Me-ow (1948), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Back Alley Oproar (1948), dir. Friz Freleng -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: Kitty Foiled (1948), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: Mouse Cleaning (1948), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane
. Begone Dull Care (1949), dir. Norman McLaren & Evelyn Lambart -- tamerlane
. The Emperor’s Nightingale (1949), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Story of the Bass Cello (1949), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. The Devil’s Mill (1949), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Song of the Prairie (1949), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Rabbit Hood (1949), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Holiday for Drumsticks (1949), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: The Windblown Hare (1949), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Bye, Bye Bluebeard (1949), dir. Art Davis -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: A Ham in a Role (1949), dir. Robert McKimson -- tamerlane
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Fast and Furry-ous (1949), dir. Chuck Jones -- tamerlane
. The Fox and the Crow: The Magic Fluke (1949), dir. John Hubley -- tamerlane
. Tom & Jerry: Heavenly Puss (1949), dir. William Hanna & Joseph Barbera -- tamerlane

. Tadpoles Looking for their Mama (1960), dir. Te Wei -- tamerlane
. The Skin of Sorrow/La Peau de Chagrin (1960), dir. Vlado Kristl & Ivo Vrbanic -- tamerlane
. Lines: Vertical (1960), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Don Kihot (1961), dir. Vlado Kristl -- tamerlane
. Ersatz (1961), dir. Dušan Vukotić -- tamerlane
. The Flying Man (1962), dir. George Dunning -- tamerlane
. Smalle Chronicle/Mala kronika (1962), dir. Vatroslav Mimica -- tamerlane
. Passion/Vasen (1962), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. The Cybernetic Grandma (1962), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Kinectic View/Kineettisia kuvia (1962), dir. Eino Ruutsalo -- tamerlane
. Lines: Horizontal (1962), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Scatterbrain and Crosspatch (1962), dir. Zhang Songlin -- tamerlane
. Bath (1962), dir. Sergei Yutkevich & Anatoly Karanovic -- tamerlane
. The Buffalo Boy’s Flute (1963), dir. Te Wei -- tamerlane
. The Nose/Le Nez (1963), dir. Alexandre Alexeieff -- tamerlane
. Two Chickens/Kaksi kanaa (1963), dir. Eino Ruutsalo -- tamerlane
. Pianissimo (1963), dir. Carmen D’Avino -- tamerlane
. Shareholders (1963), dir. Roman Davydov -- tamerlane
. Opus 1 (1964), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. The Hangman (1964), dir. Paul Julian -- tamerlane
. Tread/Toptyzhka (1964), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. Shaybu! Shaybu! (1964), dir. Boris Dezhkin -- tamerlane
. The Archangel Gabriel and Mrs. Goose (1964), dir. Jiří Trnka -- tamerlane
. Vau Vau (1964), dir. Boris Kolar -- tamerlane
. Renaissance (1964), dir. Walerian Borowczyk -- tamerlane
. The Angels' Games/Les Jeux des anges (1964), dir. Walerian Borowczyk -- tamerlane
. Duo Concertantes (1964), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. The Life and Sufferings of Ivan Semenov (1964), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky & Nikolai Serebryakov -- tamerlane
. Boniface’s Holiday (1965), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. A Game With Stones (1965), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. The Maid and the Cellist/La Demoiselle et le violoncelliste (1965), dir. Jean-François Laguionie -- tamerlane
. The Jump/Le Saut (1965), dir. Eino Ruutsalo -- tamerlane
. Syrinx (1965), dir. Ryan Larkin -- tamerlane
. Hamfat Asar (1965), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. Gymnopedies (1965), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. Neither for God nor for the Devil (1965), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky & Nikolai Serebryakov -- tamerlane
. A Hot Stone (1965), dir. Perch Sarkisyan -- tamerlane
. Op Hop - Hop Op (1966), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. The Ladder (1966), dir. George Dunning -- tamerlane
. Particles in Space (1966), dir. Len Lye -- tamerlane
. There Lived Kozyavin (1966), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. The Man in the Frame (1966), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. Blaho lasky (1966), dir. Jiří Brdečka -- tamerlane
. Cages/Klatki (1966), dir. Miroslaw Kijowicz -- tamerlane
. Charlie Brown’s All-Stars (1966), dir. Bill Melendez -- tamerlane
. Mosaic (1966), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. My Green Crocodile (1966), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky -- tamerlane
. Cityscape (1966), dir. Ryan Larkin -- tamerlane
. Opus 3 (1967), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. Bench (1967), dir. Lev Atamanov -- tamerlane
. Song of the Falcon (1967), dir. Boris Stepantsev -- tamerlane
. The Horse (1967), dir. Witold Giersz -- tamerlane
. Theatre de Monsieur & Madame Kabal (1967), dir. Walerian Borowczyk -- tamerlane
. Plus and Minus (1967), dir. Eino Ruutsalo -- tamerlane
. The Legend of Grieg (1967), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky -- tamerlane
. L’arche de Noe (1967), dir. Jean-François Laguinonie -- tamerlane
. Minestrone (1967), dir. Carmen D’Avino -- tamerlane
. Samadhi (1967), dir. Jordan Belson -- tamerlane
. Mitten (1967), dir. Roman Kachanov -- tamerlane
. Blacksmith-Sorcerer (1967), dir. Perch Sarkisyan -- tamerlane
. Walking (1968), dir. Ryan Larkin -- tamerlane
. Around Perception (1968), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. Windy Day (1968), dir. John Hubley & Faith Hubley -- tamerlane
. Film, Film, Film (1968), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. The Little Mermaid (1968), dir. Ivan Aksenchuk -- tamerlane
. The Rematch (1968), dir. Boris Dezhkin -- tamerlane
. Revenge/Pomsta (1968), dir. Jiří Brdečka -- tamerlane
. The Singing Teacher (1968), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. Scattered Giovanni (1968), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. The Glass Harmonica (1968), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. Picnic with Weissman (1968), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. 69 (1968), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Koncertisszimo (1968), dir. József Gémes -- tamerlane
. Ball of Yarn (1968), dir. Nikolai Serebryakov -- tamerlane
. Not in the Hat Is There Happiness (1968), dir. Nikolai Serebryakov -- tamerlane
. Winnie-the-Pooh/инни-Пух (1969), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. Nu, Pogodi!: City and Beach (1969), dir. Vyacheslav Kotyonochkin -- tamerlane
. Mosaic (1969), dir. Galina Barinov -- tamerlane
. Run Dani/Idu Dani (1969), dir. Nedeljko Dragić -- tamerlane
. Crocodile Gena (1969), dir. Roman Kachanov -- tamerlane
. Of Men and Demons (1969), dir. John Hubley -- tamerlane
. Masque of the Read Death (1969), dir. Pavao Štalter & Branko Ranitović -- tamerlane
. The Labyrinth/Le labyrinthe (1969), dir. Piotr Kamler -- tamerlane
. Spheres (1969), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane

. Moon Rock (1970), dir. George Dunning -- tamerlane
. Eggs (1970), dir. John Hubley & Faith Hubley -- tamerlane
. The Voyage (1970), dir. Daniel Szczechura -- tamerlane
. Deep Water/Melyviz (1970), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- tamerlane
. 70 (1970), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Delicious Disaster/Délicieuse catastrophe (1970), dir. Piotr Kamler -- tamerlane
. Synchromy (1971), dir. Norman McLaren -- tamerlane
. Winnie-the-Pooh Goes on a Visit/Винни-Пух идёт в гости (1971), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. Cheburashka (1971), dir. Roman Kachanov -- tamerlane
. Blue Meteorite (1971), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. Armoire (1971), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. The Mill (1971), dir. Miroslaw Kijowicz -- tamerlane
. Jabberwocky (1971), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. Metadata (1971), dir. Peter Foldes -- tamerlane
. Demon Love Song (1971), dir. Seiichi Hayashi -- tamerlane
. Wave Lengths/Hullámhosszak (1971), dir. György Kovásznai -- tamerlane
. Meditation (1971), dir. Jordan Belson -- tamerlane
. Street Musique (1972), dir. Ryan Larkin -- tamerlane
. Damon the Mower (1972), dir. George Dunning -- tamerlane
. Tchou-tchou (1972), dir. Co Hoedeman -- tamerlane
. Tup-tup (1972), dir. Nedeljko Dragić -- tamerlane
. Exhibition Tables/Tableaux d’Exposition (1972), dir. Alexandre Alexeieff -- tamerlane
. The Return (1972), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Rugyfakadas No. 3369 (1972), dir. György Kovásznai -- tamerlane
. Koruti Estek (1972), dir. György Kovásznai -- tamerlane
. Dear Janice (1972), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. The Master of Clamecy (1972), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky -- tamerlane
. Our Lady of the Sphere (1972), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973), dir. Bill Melendez & Phil Roman -- ILDC
. The Street (1976), dir. Caroline Leaf -- tamerlane
. Mindscape (1976), dir. Jacques Drouin -- tamerlane
. Icarus and the Wise Men (1976), dir. Fyodor Khitruk -- tamerlane
. Barrier (1976), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Viewmaster (1976), dir. George Griffin -- tamerlane
. Fantasy (1976), dir. Vince Collins -- tamerlane
. Box With a Secret (1976), dir. Valery Ugarov -- tamerlane
. Dude/Kutt (1976), dir. Rein Raamat -- tamerlane
. Locomotive/Lokomotywa (1976), dir. Zbigniew Rybczyński -- tamerlane
. The Metamorphosis of Mr. Samsa (1977), dir. Caroline Leaf -- tamerlane
. The Sand Castle (1977), dir. Co Hoedeman -- tamerlane
. Bead Game (1977), dir. Ishu Patel -- tamerlane
. Polygon (1977), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. Hunters (1977), dir. Robert Saakyants -- tamerlane
. A Doonesbury Special (1977), dir. John Hubley & Faith Hubley -- tamerlane
. Kuzdok (1977), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- tamerlane
. David (1977), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Rapid Eye Movements (1977), dir. Jeff Carpenter & Mary Lambert -- tamerlane
. Dead End (1977), dir. Janet Shapero -- tamerlane
. I fly to you as a remembrance… (1977), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. Mystery of the Domestic Cricket (1977), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky -- tamerlane
. Coffee Break (1977), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. Motion Lumiere (1977), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. Rime of the Ancient Mariner (1977), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. Cubits (1977), dir. Al Jarnow -- tamerlane
. Crane Feathers (1977), dir. Ideya Garanina -- tamerlane
. Asparagus (1978), dir. Suzan Pitt -- tamerlane
. …And Play Tricks (1978), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. Afterlife (1978), dir. Ishu Patel -- tamerlane
. Make Me Psychic (1978), dir. Sally Cruikshank -- tamerlane
. Satiemania (1978), dir. Zdenko Gasparovic -- tamerlane
. Firefly (1978), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. Contact (1978), dir. Vladimir Tarasov -- tamerlane
. The Ring (1978), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Rowing Across the Atlantic/La Traversee de l’Atlantique a la rame (1978), dir. Jean-François Laguionie -- tamerlane
. Diagram Film (1978), dir. Paul Glabicki -- tamerlane
. Moonlight Sonata (1978), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. Word of Honor (1978), dir. Marianna Novogrudskaya -- tamerlane
. Poor Liza (1978), dir. Ideya Garanina -- tamerlane
. Pold (1978), dir. Rein Raamat -- tamerlane
. Tale of Tales (1979), dir. Yuri Norstein -- tamerlane
. Reflexes (1979), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Nocturna Artificialia (1979), dir. Stephen Quay & Timothy Quay -- tamerlane
. T.Z. (1979), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Habfurdo (1979), dir. György Kovásznai -- tamerlane
. Lineage (1979), dir. George Griffin -- tamerlane
. The Reason/L'Émotif (1979), dir. Jean-Christophe Villard -- tamerlane
. Life in the Atom (1979), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. Five Improvisations (1979), dir. Paul Glabicki -- tamerlane
. The Tempest [fragments] (1979), dir. George Dunning -- tamerlane
. The Big Secret for a Little Company (1979), dir. Yulian Kalisher -- tamerlane
. The Wise Gudgeon (1979), dir. Valentin Karayev -- tamerlane

. The Soldier and the Devil (1990), dir. Natalia Golovanov -- tamerlane
. Ave Maria (1990), dir. Aleksandra Korejwo -- tamerlane
. The Marzipan Pig (1990), dir. Michael Sporn -- tamerlane
. Venus (1990), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Monument (1990), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Devilman: Demon Bird Sirène (1990), dir. Umanosuke Iida -- tamerlane
. Perspektivenbox -Researcher's Search- (1990), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- tamerlane
. All My Relations (1990), dir. Joanna Priestley -- tamerlane
. Amentia (1990), dir. Sergei Ainutdinov -- tamerlane
. A Long Time Ago… (1990), dir. Galina Barinova -- tamerlane
. A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings (1990), dir. Oleg Belousov -- tamerlane
. 5/4 (1990), dir. Ivan Maximov -- tamerlane
. The Death of Stalinism in Bohemia (1990), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. Andrei Svislotskiy (1991), dir. Igor Kovalyov -- tamerlane
. Two Sisters (1991), dir. Caroline Leaf -- tamerlane
. Strings (1991), dir. Wendy Tilby & Amanda Forbis -- tamerlane
. The Sandman (1991), dir. Paul Berry -- tamerlane
. All is well (1991), dir. Robert Saakyants/Sahakyants -- tamerlane
. Franz Kafka (1991), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Exsultate jubilate alleluja (1991), dir. Aleksandra Korejwo -- tamerlane
. Mine (1991), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Sobriety, Obesity & Growing Old (1991), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. The Track/La Pista (1991), dir. Gianluigi Toccafondo -- tamerlane
. The Parable of the Mouse (1991), dir. Elena Gavrilko -- tamerlane
. The Room of Laughter (1991), dir. Nina Shorina -- tamerlane
. The Visible Compendium (1991), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. History of a Town (1991), dir. Valentin Karayev -- tamerlane
. Hotel E (1992), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. The Kings of Siam (1992), dir. Ged Haney -- tamerlane
. The Cuckoo’s Nephew (1992), dir. Oksana Cherkasova -- tamerlane
. The Dream of a Ridiculous Man (1992), dir. Aleksandr Petrov -- tamerlane
. Mazurka E-Minor (1992), dir. Anna Dudek -- tamerlane
. Food (1992), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. Screen Play (1992), dir. Barry Purves -- tamerlane
. Elles (1992), dir. Joanna Quinn -- tamerlane
. Smoked Sprat Baked in the Sun (1992), dir. Mati Kütt -- tamerlane
. Milk of Amnesia (1992), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. Culturhistorical Manoevre at Night (1992), dir. Zoltán Szilágyi Varga -- tamerlane
. La cours a l’abime (1992), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. Chika Gentō Gekiga: Shōjo Tsubaki (1992), dir. Hiroshi Harada -- tamerlane
. The Water People (1992), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Argument in a Superstore (1992), dir. Stuart Hilton -- tamerlane
. Hammam (1992), dir. Florence Miailhe -- tamerlane
. Hashire Melos! (1992), dir. Masaaki Osumi -- tamerlane
. I Go Seek (1992), dir. Vladimir Fessenko -- tamerlane
. The Mill (1992), dir. Petra Freeman -- tamerlane
. Across the Field (1992), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Perpetual Motion (1992), dir. Karen Aqua -- tamerlane
. Autism (1992), dir. Sergei Ainutdinov -- tamerlane
. Hypnerotomachia (1992), dir. Andrei Svislotskiy -- tamerlane
. I Hear You (1992), dir. Alexei Karaev -- tamerlane
. Weird Al Yankovic: Jurassic Park (1993), dir. Mark Osborne & Scott Nordlund -- ILDC
. Divine Fate (1993), dir. Ishu Patel -- tamerlane
. On the Beautiful Blue Danube (1993), dir. Aleksandra Korejwo -- tamerlane
. Britannia (1993), dir. Joanna Quinn -- tamerlane
. Divertimento No. 2: Love Song (1993), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. Divertimento No. 3: Brush Work (1993), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. The Crimincal/Le Criminel (1993), dir. Gianluigi Toccafondo -- tamerlane
. Metempsychosis/Squid Festival (1993), dir. Naoyuki Niiya -- tamerlane
. An Ephemeral Mission/Une Mission Éphémère (1993), dir. Piotr Kamler -- tamerlane
. Draught (1993), dir. Nina Shorina -- tamerlane
. Sonata (1993), dir. Vladimir Samsonov -- tamerlane
. The Mighty River (1994), dir. Frédéric Back -- tamerlane
. The Axe (1994), dir. Robert Saakyants -- tamerlane
. The Chinese Tambourine (1994), dir. Anna Dudek -- tamerlane
. Living-Room (1994), dir. Rao Heidmets -- tamerlane
. Divertimento No. 4: Life Study (1994), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. Divertimento No. 5: Slap Stick (1994), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. Divertimento No. 6: Dark Matter (1994), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. Stressed (1994), dir. Karen Kelly -- tamerlane
. Triangle (1994), dir. Erica Russell -- tamerlane
. The Cockpit (1994), dir. Yoshiaki Kawajiri -- tamerlane
. Ashes (1994), dir. Ferenc Cakó -- tamerlane
. The Moon (1994), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Save Me (1994), dir. Stuart Hilton -- tamerlane
. Felix in Exile (1994), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Jumping Joan (1994), dir. Petra Freeman -- tamerlane
. The Red Book (1994), dir. Janie Geiser -- tamerlane
. Joy Street (1995), dir. Suzan Pitt -- tamerlane
. Carmen Habanera (1995), dir. Aleksandra Korejwo -- tamerlane
. 1895 (1995), dir. Priit Pärn & Janno Põldma -- tamerlane
. Flying Circus: An Imagined Memoir (1995), dir. Maureen Selwood -- tamerlane
. Abductees (1995), dir. Paul Vester -- tamerlane
. End of the World in Four Seasons (1995), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Scheherazade (1995), dir. Florence Miailhe -- tamerlane
. Ainudizm (1995), dir. Sergei Ainutdinov -- tamerlane

. DC Nation: Wonder Woman (2013), dir. Robert Valley -- ILDC
. JAY-Z: The Story of O.J. (2017), dir. Mark Romanek & JAY-Z -- ILDC
. Mickey Mouse '13: Touchdown and Out (2017), dir. Unknown, Paul Rudish -- JM

I've not made much progress on the social media front just yet, but I'm gathering ideas for what I could do. One of these involves doing a YouTube channel focused entirely around animation-related topics (reviews of animated films/shows, discussions about certain topics, countdowns listing favourite shows/films/whatever, animator reels). I will start getting to work on them when I come back from my break.

And that will likely be about 2-3 weeks, since I'm going off to somewhere on holiday for the first time in 3 years, and I plan to not do any kind of work during that time. In the meantime, please keep suggesting animated films, providing feedback, and giving me advice on how to promote this topic on social media if you can. Thank you all, and have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, THE BOOK 'ANIMATION ART', AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 14:49 - 4/AUGUST/2017.

Hey, I'm back from holiday, and with an update of 245 films! That takes us past 1400 and 1500 films, with the total count at this point being just under 1600 FILMS! A small number of these films come from reading the animation history book Animation Art: From Pencil to Pixel, the History of Cartoon, Anime & CGI, a very interesting read for anyone even the slightest bit interested in the global history of animation over the last 100+ years. Sadly, there's nothing on Google Books, but I can at least give y'all a link to buy it on Amazon if you're interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Animation-Art-Pencil-Pixel-Cartoon/dp/0060737131

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the suggestions so far, or given feedback to help me improve and guide what I'd like to try do with this project. It's allowed me to see much how there is the world of animation beyond the few scraps that I knew when starting off, and it's given me enough confidence to start trying to get somewhere in the realm of animation appreciation. Writing articles about animation for certain websites, planning ideas for that YouTube channel to promote this project, etc. Like I said before, and will continue to say, you are all amazing and I love y'all. Thank you.

Here's the list of films added to the list. Please keep contributing to the project with suggestions and feedback if you can, and have a great day.

Spoiler

. Humorous Phases of Funny Faces (1906), dir. J. Stuart Blackman -- Jerry Beck
. The Artist's Dream/The Dachshund and the Sausage (1913), dir. John R. Bray -- Jerry Beck
. Taro the Guard: The Submarine (1918), dir. Seitarō Kitayama -- Jerry Beck
. The Debut of Thomas Cat (1920), dir. John R. Bray (presumed) -- JM
. The Spotlight is on Shinpei Gotō (1924), dir. Jun'ichi Kōuchi -- Jerry Beck
. Uproar in the Studio (1926), dir. Wan Laiming & Wan Guchan -- Jerry Beck
. The Story of the Flag (1927), dir. Ernest Anson-Dyer -- Jerry Beck

. The New Gulliver/Новый Гулливер (1935), dir. Aleksandr Ptushko -- Jerry Beck
. Popeye the Sailor: Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp (1939), dir. David Tendlar -- Jerry Beck

. Princess with the Iron Fan (1941), dir. Wan Laiming & Wan Guchan -- Jerry Beck
. The Spider and the Tulip/Kumo to Tulip (1942/3), dir. Kenzō Masaoka -- Jerry Beck
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Tin Pan Alley Cats (1943), dir. Bob Clampett -- Jerry Beck
. The Rose of Baghdad/La Rosa di Bagdad (1949), dir. Anton Gino Domenighini -- Jerry Beck
. The King's Tail/Ōsama no Shippo (1949), dir. Mitsuyo Seo -- Jerry Beck

. Cinderella (1950), dir. Clyde Geronimi, Hamilton Luske, Wilfred Jackson -- LM
. Aladdin and a Magic Lamp (1953), dir. Tadahito Mochinaga -- Jerry Beck
. Little Black Sambo (1956), dir. Tadahito Mochinaga -- Jerry Beck
. The Twelve Months/Двенадцать месяцев (1956), dir. Ivan Ivanov-Vano & Mikhail Botov -- Jerry Beck
. A Chairy Tale (1957), dir. Norman McLaren & Claude Jutra -- Jerry Beck
. Kitten's Scribbling/Koneko no Rakugaki (1957), dir. Taiji Yabushita/Yasuji Mori -- Jerry Beck
. Dinky Duck: It's A Living (1958), dir. Gene Deitch -- Jerry Beck

. The Fabulous Baron Munchausen (1961), dir. Karel Zeman -- Jerry Beck
. Havoc in Heaven (1961,1964), dir. Wan Laiming (chief), Wan Guchan, Chen Min, Chen Zhong, Sun Song

. Marco Polo Junior Versus the Red Dragon (1972), dir. Eric Porter -- Jerry Beck
. Second Class Passenger (1974), dir. Borivoj Dovniković-Bordo -- Jerry Beck
. W.O.W. [Women of the World] (1975), dir. Faith Hubley -- Jerry Beck
. Great (1975), dir. Bob Godfrey -- Jerry Beck
. Dōjōji (1976), dir. Kihachirō Kawamoto -- Jerry Beck
. Learning to Walk (1978), dir. Borivoj Dovniković-Bordo -- Jerry Beck
. Dream Doll (1979), dir. Zlatko Grgić & Bob Godfrey -- Jerry Beck
(7)

. The Thirteenth Chamber of Prince Medence/Třináctá komnata prince Medence (1980), dir. Jiří Brdečka -- tamerlane
. Fisheye (1980), dir. Joško Marušić -- tamerlane
. Exercises In Preparation For Independent Life (1980), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. Private Nightmare (1980), dir. István Orosz -- tamerlane
. The Fly (1980), dir. Ferenc Rofusz -- tamerlane
. Feherlofia (1980), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- tamerlane
. Odalisque (1980), dir. Maureen Selwood -- tamerlane
. Sunbeam (1980), dir. Paul Vester -- tamerlane
. Swiss Army Knife with Rats and Pigeons (1980), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Ubu (1980), dir. Geoff Dunbar -- tamerlane
. The King and the Mockingbird/Le Roi et l’oiseau (1980), dir. Paul Grimault -- tamerlane
. The Awakening/Le Réveil (1980), dir. Jean-Christophe Villard -- tamerlane
. Three Monks (1980), dir. A Da -- tamerlane
. Heavenly Bodies (1980), dir. Karen Aqua -- tamerlane
. Moon Breath Beat (1980), dir. Lisze Bechtold -- tamerlane
. Separated/Разлученные (1980), dir. Nikolai Serebryakov -- tamerlane
. And I’m with you again… (1980), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. Tyll the Giant/Suur Tõll (1980), dir. Rein Raamat -- tamerlane
. Tango (1980), dir. Zbigniew Rybczyński -- tamerlane
. Crac (1981), dir. Frédéric Back -- tamerlane
. …Three blue-blue lakes of crimson color… (1981), dir. Robert Sahakyants -- tamerlane
. The Caliph Stork (1981), dir. Valery Ugarov -- tamerlane
. The Skyscraper (1981), dir. Josko Marusic -- tamerlane
. Lykantropia (1981), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Spacy (1981), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Flying Fur (1981), dir. George Griffin -- tamerlane
. Morfocipris (1981), dir. Jean-Christophe Villard -- tamerlane
. Balagan (1981), dir. Ideya Garanina -- tamerlane
. The Triangle (1982), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. Trial Balloons (1982), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Riportre (1982), dir. György Kovásznai -- tamerlane
. Oh What a Knight (1982), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. The Rapture of Frank N. Stein/Le Ravissement de Frank N. Stein (1982), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. Box (1982), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Thunder (1982), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Chronopolis (1982), dir. Piotr Kamler -- tamerlane
. Calligraphiti (1982), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. Malice in Wonderland (1982), dir. Vince Collins -- tamerlane
. The Metamorphosis (1982), dir. Nikolai Serebryakov -- tamerlane
. The Song about Bison (1982), dir. Oleg Belousov -- tamerlane
. Once Upon a Time There Lived a Dog (1982), dir. Eduard Nazarov -- tamerlane
. Autumn (1982), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. Wow! A Talking Fish! (1983), dir. Robert Sahakyants -- tamerlane
. Album (1983), dir. Krešimir Zimonić -- tamerlane
. Black Riding Hood/Czarny Kapturek (1983), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Spotting A Cow/Het scheppen van een koe (1983), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Drill (1983), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Under Yesteryear’s Snowfall (1983), dir. Alexander Tatarsky -- tamerlane
. Neanderthal (1983), dir. Jean-Christophe Villard -- tamerlane
. Film-Wipe-Film (1983), dir. Paul Glabicki -- tamerlane
. Portrait (1983), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. Swans (1983), dir. Marianna Novogrudskaya -- tamerlane
. Magnifying Glass (1983), dir. Alexander Gorlenko -- tamerlane
. The Voyage of the Ant (1983), dir. Eduard Nazarov -- tamerlane
. Wings (1983), dir. David Cherkassky -- tamerlane
. Porgu (1983), dir. Rein Raamat -- tamerlane
. Songs and Dances of the Inanimate World - the Subway (1984), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. Time Out (1984), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. Paradise (1984), dir. Ishu Patel -- tamerlane
. Bottom’s Dream (1984), dir. John Canemaker -- tamerlane
. In the blue sea, white foam… (1984), dir. Robert Sahakyants -- tamerlane
. House no. 42 (1984), dir. Pavao Štalter -- tamerlane
. Flying Hair (1984), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Ace of Light (1984), dir. Dennis Pies -- tamerlane
. Heroic Times (1984), dir. József Gémes -- tamerlane
. Jumping (1984), dir. Osamu Tezuka -- tamerlane
. Ghost (1984), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Back Side of the Moon (1984), dir. Alexander Tatarsky -- tamerlane
. Birth (1984), dir. Shinya Sadamitsu -- tamerlane
. Object Conversation (1984), dir. Paul Glabicki -- tamerlane
. Étienne et Sara (1984), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. Yours for the Taking (1984), dir. Karen Aqua -- tamerlane
. Life is Flashing Before Your Eyes (1984), dir. Vince Collins -- tamerlane
. Your Beloved Friend (1984), dir. Elena Barinova -- tamerlane
. About the Bumblebees and the Kings (1984), dir. Alexander Gorlenko -- tamerlane
. Vorobishko (1984), dir. Alexei Karayev -- tamerlane
. Jac Mac & Rad Boy, Go! (1985), dir. Wes Archer -- tamerlane
. Get a Job (1985), dir. Brad Caslor -- tamerlane
. O, Shrovetide! (1985), dir. Robert Sahakyants -- tamerlane
. The Gentle One (1985), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Glass Bulb/Klaasikillumang (1985), dir. Kalju Kivi -- tamerlane
. Traveling Light (1985), dir. Jane Aaron -- tamerlane
. The Rug (1985), dir. Maureen Selwood -- tamerlane
. Sunny Side Up (1985), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. 78 Tours (1985), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. Lullaby to the Big Sleep (1985), dir. Hiroshi Harada -- tamerlane
. Grim (1985), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Gwen, le livre de sable (1985), dir. Jean-François Laguionie -- tamerlane
. River Lethe (1985), dir. Amy Kravitz -- tamerlane
. Broken Down Film (1985), dir. Osamu Tezuka -- tamerlane
. Voices (1985), dir. Joanna Priestley -- tamerlane
. The Old Stairs (1985), dir. Alexander Gorlenko -- tamerlane
. Tired/Kerjus (1985), dir. Rein Raamat -- tamerlane
. Table of Content (1986), dir. Wendy Tilby -- tamerlane
. Heracles Visits Admetus (1986), dir. Anatoly Petrov -- tamerlane
. A Boy is a Boy (1986), dir. Natalia Golovanov -- tamerlane
. When the Sand Rises (1986), dir. Galina Barinova -- tamerlane
. Nerwowe Zycie Kosmosu (1986), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Bang! (1986), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Wings, legs and tails (1986), dir. Alexander Tatarsky -- tamerlane
. Welcome! (1986), dir. Alexei Karayev -- tamerlane
. Door (1986), dir. Nina Shorina -- tamerlane
. The Legend of Salieri (1986), dir. Vadim Kurchevsky -- tamerlane
. Sophie’s Place (1986), dir. Larry Jordan -- tamerlane
. The Man Who Planted Trees (1987), dir. Frédéric Back -- tamerlane
. Breakfast on the Grass (1987), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. Face Like a Frog (1987), dir. Sally Cruikshank -- tamerlane
. Walls (1987), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Girl’s Night Out (1987), dir. Joanna Quinn -- tamerlane
. Set in Motion (1987), dir. Jane Aaron -- tamerlane
. Picnic (1987), dir. Paul Vester -- tamerlane
. Wicked City (1987), dir. Yoshiaki Kawajiri -- tamerlane
. Ab ovo (1987), dir. Ferenc Cakó -- tamerlane
. Wall (1987), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. The Tale of Genji (1987), dir. Gisaburō Sugii -- tamerlane
. Twilight Q: FILE538 (1987), dir. Mamoru Oshii -- tamerlane
. Farewell To Biped/Adieu bipède (1987), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. Direct Animation (1987), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. Play Jazz (1987), dir. Taku Furukawa -- tamerlane
. The Woodspirit/Shurale (1987), dir. Galina Barinova -- tamerlane
. Rook Despair (1987), dir. Oleg Belousov -- tamerlane
. Residents of the Old House (1987), dir. Alexei Karayev -- tamerlane
. Mumu (1987), dir. Valentin Karayev -- tamerlane
. School of Fine Arts: Landscape with a Juniper (1987), dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky -- tamerlane
. The Mountain Pass (1988), dir. Vladimir Tarasov -- tamerlane
. The Cat and the Clown (1988), dir. Natalia Golovanov -- tamerlane
. Wind (1988), dir. Robert Sahakyants -- tamerlane
. Butterflies (1988), dir. Krešimir Zimonić -- tamerlane
. Freedom of the Leg (1988), dir. Dumała -- tamerlane
. Alice (1988), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. Virile Games (1988), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. Papa Carlos Theater (1988), dir. Rao Heidmets -- tamerlane
. Abel’s Island (1988), dir. Michael Sporn -- tamerlane
. Sky Heart (1988), dir. Dennis Pies -- tamerlane
. The Writer/De Schrijver en de Dood (1988), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Devil’s Circuit (1988), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Feeling from Mountain and Water (1988), dir. Te Wei -- tamerlane
. The Trap (1988), dir. Amy Kravitz -- tamerlane
. The Dream (1988), dir. Nina Shorina -- tamerlane
. The Love Letter/La lettre d’amour (1988), dir. Pierre Hébert -- tamerlane
. The Wanderer (1988), dir. George Ungar -- tamerlane
. Pause (1988), dir. Sergei Alibekov -- tamerlane
. Lost Bird in the Sky (1988), dir. Alexander Gorlenko -- tamerlane
. Cube (1988), dir. Oleg Belousov -- tamerlane
. Yes, We Can (1988), dir. Faith Hubley -- Jerry Beck
. Hen, His Wife (1989), dir. Igor Kovalyov -- tamerlane
. Pictures From Memory (1989), dir. Nedeljko Dragić -- tamerlane
. The Cow (1989), dir. Aleksandr Petrov -- tamerlane
. Darkness/Light/Darkness (1989), dir. Jan Švankmajer -- tamerlane
. Next: The Infinite Variety Show (1989), dir. Barry Purves -- tamerlane
. Labyrinth (1989), dir. Mati Kütt -- tamerlane
. Mind the Steps! (1989), dir. István Orosz -- tamerlane
. The Hunting of the Snark (1989), dir. Michael Sporn -- tamerlane
. Ad Rem (1989), dir. Ferenc Cakó -- tamerlane
. Johannesburg, 2nd Greatest City After Paris (1989), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. The Brooch Pin and the Sinful Clasp (1989), dir. Joanna Woodward (JoWonder) -- tamerlane
. Lip Synch: War Story (1989), dir. Peter Lord -- tamerlane
. Girlfriend (1989), dir. Elena Gavrilko -- tamerlane
. Alter Ego (1989), dir. Nina Shorina -- tamerlane
. The Thread (1989), dir. Sergei Alibekov & Svetlana Muratkhojaeva -- tamerlane
. Kakania (1989), dir. Karen Aqua -- tamerlane
. From Left to Right (1989), dir. Ivan Maximov -- tamerlane

. Catnapped! (1995), dir. Takashi Nakamura -- tamerlane
. Bird in the Window (1996), dir. Igor Kovalyov -- tamerlane
. Nurka’s Bath (1996), dir. Oksana Cherkasova -- tamerlane
. The Mermaid (1996), dir. Aleksandr Petrov -- tamerlane
. Carmen Torero (1996), dir. Aleksandra Korejwo -- tamerlane
. Barber (1996), dir. Robert Sowa -- tamerlane
. History of the Main Complaint (1996), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Bavel’s Book (1996), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- tamerlane
. The Secret Story (1996), dir. Janie Geiser -- tamerlane
. The Garden of Ecos (1997), dir. Co Hoedeman -- tamerlane
. Death and the Mother (1997), dir. Ruth Lingford -- tamerlane
. Light of Uncertainty (1997), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. Underground (1997), dir. Mati Kütt -- tamerlane
. Yours (1997), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. Time Flies (1997), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. The Nest/Feszek (1997), dir. Ferenc Cakó -- tamerlane
. The Major’s Nose (1997), dir. Mikhail Lisovoi -- tamerlane
. Linear Dreams (1997), dir. Richard Reeves -- tamerlane
. Immer Zu (1997), dir. Janie Geiser -- tamerlane
. The Pink Doll/Розовая кукла (1997), dir. Valentin Olshvang -- tamerlane
. Night of the Carrots (1998), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane
. Pleasures of War (1998), dir. Ruth Lingford -- tamerlane
. The Wife of Bath (1998), dir. Joanna Quinn -- tamerlane
. The Queen’s Monastery (1998), dir. Emma Calder -- tamerlane
. 1001 Nights (1998), dir. Mike Smith -- tamerlane
. Fugue (1998), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. 3 Misses (1998), dir. Paul Driessen -- tamerlane
. Weighing…and Wanting (1998), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Invisible Cities/Le città invisibili (1998), dir. Manfredo Manfredi -- tamerlane
. Roost (1998), dir. Amy Kravitz -- tamerlane
. Neulich 1 (1998), dir. Jochen Kuhn -- tamerlane
. Floodlight/Paevavalgus (1998), dir. Mait Laas -- tamerlane
. When the Day Breaks (1999), dir. Wendy Tilby & Amanda Forbis -- tamerlane
. The Hat (1999), dir. Michèle Cournoyer -- tamerlane
. Vash Pushkin (1999), dir. Oksana Cherkasova -- tamerlane
. Interior Portrait (1999), dir. Robert Sowa -- tamerlane
. Snack and Drink (1999), dir. Bob Sabiston -- tamerlane
. Gestalt (1999), dir. Takashi Ishida -- tamerlane
. Labyrinth (1999), dir. Ferenc Cakó -- tamerlane
. Six Weeks in June (1999), dir. Stuart Hilton -- tamerlane
. Stereoscope (1999), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Pinocchio (1999), dir. Gianluigi Toccafondo -- tamerlane
. Lost Motion (1999), dir. Janie Geiser -- tamerlane
. Flying Nansen (1999), dir. Igor Kovalyov -- tamerlane
. William Wilson (1999), dir. Jorge Dayas -- tamerlane

. Winter Days (2003), dir. Kihachirō Kawamoto -- JM
. Howl's Moving Castle (2004), dir. Hayao Miyazaki -- LM
. The Genie in a Yin of Ravioli (2005/6), dir. Claude Barras -- ILDC
. Disturbed: Land of Confusion (2006), dir. Todd McFarlane -- ILDC

. DyE: Fantasy (2011), dir. Jérémie Périn -- PC
. TMNT Summer Shorts: We Strike Hard & Fade Into the Night (2016), dir. Kevin R. Adams & Joe Ksander -- ILDC
. My Life as a Courgette (2016), dir. Claude Barras -- ILDC
. Moana (2016), dir. Ron Clements & John Musker -- LM

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, THE BOOK 'ANIMATION ART', AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 15:13 - 13/AUGUST/2017.

Hey there! I'm back with another update, and it's another big one! With 210 films being added to the list, that means we have a total so far of 1809 FILMS - JUST A COUPLE FILMS UNDER TWO THOUSAND FILMS! For this update, I'd like to thank icbf, an animation enthusiast on Twitter who directed me to the massive list of animated films that I've been using to add to this suggestions list over the last month. I'd also like to give my thanks to tamerlane420, another animation enthusiast (though he seems to have left the internet some time last year) and the guy who compiled that massive list in the first place. I didn't think I'd get to anywhere near as many films as it turned out to be, so I'd like to thank the both of you for that!

As of this update, I've finally listed every film/short/etc. in that list (which you can find here), so unless I'm directed to a similarly massive list of completely different films, there's a decent chance these updates won't be as voluminous from here on out. But considering we're not too far off from reaching 2000 films, that's fairly understandable. Nevertheless, I'll make sure to keep updating this as often as I can. Here's the update list for today:

Spoiler

. Studie nr 8 (1931), dir. Oskar Fischinger -- tamerlane

. Tamer of Wild Horses (1967), dir. Nedeljko Dragić -- tamerlane
. Diogenes Perhaps (1967), dir. Nedeljko Dragić -- tamerlane
. Intellectual/Intelektualista (1969), dir. Witold Giersz -- tamerlane

. Dream of the Sphinx (1971), dir. James Gore -- tamerlane
. Evolution of the Red Star (1973), dir. Adam Beckett -- tamerlane
. Lautrec (1975), dir. Geoff Dunbar -- tamerlane
. Dedalo (1976), dir. Manfredo Manfredi -- tamerlane
. Desire Pie (1976), dir. Lisa Crafts -- tamerlane
. Furies (1977), dir. Sara Petty -- tamerlane
. LMNO (1978), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. One Night in an Art Gallery (1978), dir. A Da (Xu Jingda) & Lin Wenxiao -- Jerry Beck
. Prince Nezha's Triumph Against Dragon King (1979), dir. Yan Dingxian, Wang Shuchen, A Da (Xu Jingda) -- Jerry Beck

. The Little Fox/Vuk (1981), dir. Attila Dargay -- Jerry Beck
. Seepage (1981/2), dir. Henry Selick -- tamerlane
. The Day that I Quit Smoking (1982), dir. Nedeljko Dragić -- tamerlane
. Butterfly Spring (1983), dir. A Da (Xu Jingda) -- Jerry Beck
. Street of Crocodiles (1986), dir. Stephen Quay & Timothy Quay -- Jerry Beck
. This is Just to Say (1986/7), dir. Maureen Selwood -- tamerlane
. Noblesse Oblige (1989), dir. Rao Heidmets -- tamerlane 
. Egoli (1989), dir. Karen Kelly -- tamerlane
. And Then I’ll Stop (1989), dir. Paul Fierlinger -- tamerlane
. Quartet (1989/90?), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane

. And Now You (1990), dir. Clive Walley -- tamerlane
. Pulp (1990), dir. Flip Johnson -- tamerlane
. I Love You Too (1991), dir. Joško Marušić -- tamerlane 
. Close to You (1994), dir. Maciek Albrecht -- tamerlane
. Blue Seagull (1994), dir. Jung-il Oh -- Jerry Beck
. Gumby: The Movie (1995), dir. Art Clokey -- ILDC
. Drawn from Memory (1995), dir. Paul Fierlinger -- tamerlane
. Famous Fred (1996), dir. Joanna Quinn -- Jerry Beck
. Inferno's XXVI Canto/Il canto XXVI dell'Inferno di Dante (1997), dir. Manfredo Manfredi -- tamerlane
. Bridgehampton (1998), dir. John Canemaker -- tamerlane
. Upon the Planet (1998), dir. Sunao Katabuchi -- tamerlane
. Invader Zim: Pilot (1999), dir. Jordan Reichek -- ILDC

. Black Soul (2000), dir. Martine Chartrand -- tamerlane
. Crime and Punishment (2000), dir. Piotr Dumała -- tamerlane
. Tuning Instruments (2000), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Dark Memories/Shadows of Dream (2000), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. A Summer-Night Rendezvous/Au premier dimanche d'août (2000), dir. Florence Miailhe -- tamerlane
. Neulich 2 (2000), dir. Jochen Kuhn -- tamerlane
. The Way to Nirvana/Teekond nirvaanasse (2000), dir. Mait Laas -- tamerlane
. The Beautiful Golden Wood/La belle au bois d’or (2001), dir. Bernard Palacios -- tamerlane
. Princess Arete (2001), dir. Sunao Katabuchi -- tamerlane
. Breath of Window (2001), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Momo (2001), dir. Enzo D'Alò -- Jerry Beck
. Christmas Carol: The Movie (2001), dir. Jimmy T. Murakami -- Jerry Beck
. Sam & Max: Our Bewildering Universe (2001), dir. Steve Purcell, Frank Cirocco, Gary Winnick -- ILDC
. My Beautiful Girl, Mari (2002), dir. Lee Sung-gang -- Jerry Beck
. Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space (2002), dir. t.o.L -- Jerry Beck, tamerlane
. The Man from the Moon (2002), dir. Oksana Cherkasova -- tamerlane
. Grasshoppa!: Sweat Punch 2 - End of the World (2002), dir. Osamu Kobayashi -- tamerlane
. Ghiblies Episode 2 (2002), dir. Yoshiyuki Momose -- tamerlane
. Atama Yama (2002), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- tamerlane
. Scrap Diary (2002), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Gaze in the Summer - 1942 (2002), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Memories (Scene of the Childhood) (2002), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Neulich 3 (2002), dir. Jochen Kuhn -- tamerlane
. Big Bug Attack (2002), dir. Martha Colburn -- tamerlane
. Raining Cats and Frogs (2003), dir. Jacques-Rémy Girerd -- Jerry Beck
. El Cid: The Legend (2003), dir. José Pazo -- Jerry Beck
. Puzzle of Autumn (2003), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Fetish Doll (2003), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. A Room Nearby (2003), dir. Paul Fierlinger & Sandra Fierlinger -- tamerlane
. Blue as a shot/Bleu comme un coup de feu (2003), dir. Masoud Raouf -- tamerlane
. Echogram (2003), dir. Sergei Alibekov -- tamerlane
. Sweet, Sweet Virgin (2003), dir. Kojiro Shishido -- tamerlane
. What Goes Up (2003), dir. Robert Breer -- tamerlane
. Tide Table (2003), dir. William Kentridge -- tamerlane
. Accordion (2004), dir. Michèle Cournoyer -- tamerlane
. It’s the Cat (2004), dir. Mark Kausler -- tamerlane
. The Thaw (2004), dir. Kei Oyama -- tamerlane
. Portable Airport (2004), dir. Yoshiyuki Momose -- tamerlane
. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (2004), dir. Mamoru Oshii -- tamerlane
. The Diary of Tortov Roddle (2004), dir. Kunio Katō -- tamerlane
. Ten Nights’ Dreams (2004), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Kagami no Genon (2004), dir. Kojiro Shishido -- tamerlane
. A Joy (2005), dir. Jodie Mack -- tamerlane
. The Examination Room (2005), dir. Kei Oyama -- tamerlane
. Soratobu Toshi Keikaku (2005), dir. Yoshiyuki Momose -- tamerlane
. Space Station No. 9 (2005), dir. Yoshiyuki Momose -- tamerlane
. The Consultation Room (2005), dir. Kei Oyama -- tamerlane
. Errata (2005), dir. Alexander Stewart -- tamerlane
. The Old Crocodile (2005), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- tamerlane
. Waves at Birth (2005), dir. Masoud Raouf -- tamerlane
. Milch (2005), dir. Igor Kovalyov -- tamerlane
. The Moon and the Son: An Imagined Conversation (2005), dir. John Canemaker -- tamerlane
. Generatio (2005), dir. Mait Laas -- tamerlane
. All Stars (2006), dir. Jodie Mack -- tamerlane
. The Aroma of Tea (2006), dir. Michaël Dudok de Wit -- tamerlane
. Dreams and Desires: Family Ties (2006), dir. Joanna Quinn -- tamerlane
. Black Ink on Sky Blue (2006), dir. Félix Dufour-Laperrière -- tamerlane
. Kung-Fu Love (2006), dir. Yasuhiro Aoki -- tamerlane
. One, Two, Three, Dusk (2006), dir. Félix Dufour-Laperrière -- tamerlane
. Jeu (2006), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. Unbalance (2006), dir. Takashi Ito -- tamerlane
. Tale of Neighbourhood/Conte de quartier (2006), dir. Florence Miailhe -- tamerlane
. Nakedyouth (2006), dir. Kojiro Shishido -- tamerlane
. We Are The Strange (2007), dir. M dot Strange -- tamerlane
. Lilly (2007), dir. Jodie Mack -- tamerlane
. Sequence (2007), dir. Robert Sowa -- tamerlane
. White Out (2007), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. Water Life/L’eau Life (2007), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. A Country Doctor (2007), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- tamerlane
. AANAATT (2008), dir. Max Hattler -- tamerlane
. Robes of War (2008), dir. Michèle Cournoyer -- tamerlane
. Yard Work is Hard Work (2008), dir. Jodie Mack -- tamerlane
. Tulips (2008), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. All the Wrong Reasons (2008), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. Retouches (2008), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. Hand Soap (2008), dir. Kei Oyama -- tamerlane
. De Chirico (2008), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Life Without Gabriella Ferri (2008), dir. Priit Pärn -- tamerlane 
. Rosa Rosa (2008), dir. Félix Dufour-Laperrière -- tamerlane 
. Note (2008), dir. Marko Meštrović -- tamerlane
. Divers in the Rain (2009), dir. Priit Pärn & Olga Pärn -- tamerlane
. Overnight Stay/Übernachtung (2009), dir. Daniela Sherer -- tamerlane
. Vive la rose (2009), dir. Bruce Alcock -- tamerlane
. My Dog Tulip (2009), dir. Paul Fierlinger & Sandra Fierlinger -- tamerlane
. M (2009), dir. Félix Dufour-Laperrière -- tamerlane
. Monster (2009), dir. Sonomi Takada -- tamerlane
. Mai Mai Miracle (2009), dir. Sunao Katabuchi -- tamerlane
. Shunga (2009), dir. Keiichi Tanaami & Nobuhiro Aihara -- tamerlane
. Ghost Algebra (2009), dir. Janie Geiser -- tamerlane
. Groeien (2009), dir. Johan Rijpma -- tamerlane
. Wachtmelodie (2009), dir. Johan Rijpma -- tamerlane
. Tegels (2009), dir. Johan Rijpma -- tamerlane
. Electric Literature (2009), dir. Martha Colburn -- tamerlane
. The Forgotten Mechanism/Mecanismo Olvidador (2009), dir. Juan Camilo González -- tamerlane

. Redline (2010), dir. Takeshi Koike -- tamerlane
. No Sleep Won’t Kill You (2010), dir. Marko Meštrović -- tamerlane
. Pretty, Dead (2010), dir. Jeff Scher -- tamerlane
. The Formation of Clouds/La formation des nuages (2010), dir. Marie-Hélène Turcotte -- tamerlane
. Inner Odyssey (2010), dir. Tatsuhiro Ariyoshi -- tamerlane
. Tower (2010), dir. Sonomi Takada -- tamerlane
. Gathering (2010), dir. Akiko Omi -- tamerlane
. Tchaikovsky: An Elegy (2011), dir. Barry Purves -- tamerlane
. Plume (2011), dir. Barry Purves -- tamerlane
. Wild Life (2011), dir. Wendy Tilby & Amanda Forbis -- tamerlane
. Shiranpuri (2011), dir. Shinpei Miyashita -- tamerlane
. Island of Man (2011), dir. ALIMO -- tamerlane
. The Life of the Weed (2011), dir. Sonomi Takada -- tamerlane
. Wandering Son (2011), dir. Ei Aoki -- tamerlane
. Stay Home (2011), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. Muybridge’s Strings (2011), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- tamerlane
. AND AND (2011), dir. Mirai Mizue -- tamerlane
. MODERN (2011), dir. Mirai Mizue -- tamerlane
. MODERN NO 2 (2011), dir. Mirai Mizue -- tamerlane
. Tatamp (2011), dir. Mirai Mizue -- tamerlane
. The Floor of the World (2011), dir. Janie Geiser -- tamerlane
. Taxonomy (2011), dir. Karen Aqua -- tamerlane
. Her Ghost Friend: Her Ghost Friend (2011), dir. Saigo no Shudan -- tamerlane
. Fukeika (2011), dir. Ayumu Arisaka -- tamerlane
. In Abyssus HumanÆ ConscientiÆ (2011), dir. Juan Camilo González -- tamerlane
. SiSiSiSiSiSiSiSiSiSiSi (2011), dir. Juan Camilo González -- tamerlane
. Uncapturable Ideas (2011), dir. Masaki Okuda -- tamerlane
. Crusts (2011), dir. Alexander Stewart -- tamerlane
. The Wind Egg (2012), dir. Ryo Okawara -- tamerlane
. MacPherson (2012), dir. Martine Chartrand -- tamerlane
. Shift (2012), dir. Max Hattler -- tamerlane
. Juice (2012), dir. Daniela Sherer -- tamerlane
. Mobile (2012), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. Open Play, Forgetting Eye (2012), dir. ALIMO -- tamerlane
. I am alone, walking on the straight road (2012), dir. Masanori Okamoto -- tamerlane
. Flower and Steam (2012), dir. Eri Kawaguchi -- tamerlane
. OPENIT. (2012), dir. Moe Koyano -- tamerlane
. The Surface of the Earth (2012), dir. Sonomi Takada -- tamerlane
. Over Her Curtain (2012), dir. Yumi Kawai -- tamerlane
. Waiting Room (2012), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. Consuming Spirits (2012), dir. Chris Sullivan -- tamerlane
. Division (2012), dir. Johan Rijpma -- tamerlane
. Primary Expansion (2012), dir. Johan Rijpma -- tamerlane
. Dumb Day (2012), dir. Kevin Eskew -- tamerlane
. Goodbye Rabbit, Hop Hop (2013), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. Rat Trap (2013), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. Worm (2013), dir. Caleb Wood -- tamerlane
. He Was a Sweet Man (2013), dir. Daniela Sherer -- tamerlane
. From a Stone (2013), dir. Tatsuhiro Ariyoshi -- tamerlane
. USALULLABY (2013), dir. Asami Ike -- tamerlane
. Wild Wild Ham (2013), dir. Eri Kawaguchi -- tamerlane
. My Dear Flesh (2013), dir. Moe Koyano -- tamerlane
. cubic centimeter (2013), dir. Tsumugi Harunari -- tamerlane
. Crazy for it (2013), dir. Yutaro Kubo -- tamerlane
. Kicking Rocks (2013), dir. Yutaro Kubo -- tamerlane
. 2 PM at the Glass House (2013), dir. Yumi Kawai -- tamerlane
. Shashinkan (2013), dir. Takashi Nakamura -- tamerlane
. Crux Film (2013), dir. Alexander Stewart & Lilli Carré -- tamerlane
. Down Into Nothing (2013), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. Raw Data (2013), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. The Deep End (2013), dir. Jake Fried -- tamerlane
. Ex Animo (2013), dir. Wojciech Wojtkowski -- tamerlane
. The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat (2013), dir. Ross Hogg -- tamerlane
. Spectators (2013), dir. Ross Hogg -- tamerlane
. RUN! (2013), dir. Shen Jie -- tamerlane
. HORSE (2013), dir. Shen Jie -- tamerlane
. Ongaku wa Tomatta (2013), dir. Saigo no Shudan -- tamerlane
. The Shirley Temple (2013), dir. Daniela Sherer -- tamerlane
. There Must Be Some Other Cat (2013), dir. Mark Kausler -- tamerlane
. The Day is Listening (2013), dir. Félix Dufour-Laperrière -- tamerlane
. Pilots on the Way Home (2014), dir. Priit Pärn & Olga Pärn -- tamerlane 
. Levitation (2014), dir. Marko Meštrović -- tamerlane
. Fugue for Cello, Trumpet and Landscape (2014), dir. Jerzy Kucia -- tamerlane
. Fort Morgan (2014), dir. Alexander Stewart -- tamerlane
. Last Days of Coney Island (2015), dir. Ralph Bakshi -- tamerlane
. Erlkönig (2015), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- tamerlane
. Anatomy of a Spider (2015), dir. Vojtěch Kiss -- tamerlane
. Sugar Lump (2015), dir. Ryo Okawara -- tamerlane
. Such a Good Place to Die (2015), dir. Onohana -- tamerlane
. Screwball (2015), dir. William Newsome -- JM
. The Claypool Lennon Delirium: Satori (2017), dir. Koichiro Tsujikawa -- ILDC

Now, I've not made much progress with making social media profiles for this project, largely due to a rut I'm been in the last week or so where I've not the energy to do much of anything creative, but I hope to pick myself back up and move forward. If anyway wants to offer ideas or advice in this area, please let me know and I'll get into contact with you about ideas.

In the meantime, please keep contributing with suggestions, feedback and advice, thank you so much if you have already contributed, and until we meet again, have a great day y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

AN EXPLANATION FOR MY ABSENCE:

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update on this project, and that will continue to be the case for another couple of weeks. The reason for that is because I've gotten a case of shingles (chicken pox for adults, as far as I understand it) over the last few days, and I've been advised to rest a lot while the medication I've been given tries to sort things out. I don't like working when I'm sick, mainly because I'll be too tired most of the time, so you won't be seeing anything from this project until I get better.

I hope you're all doing well, and I hope you'll still be doing well when I update this project again. Have a good day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 18:08 - 4/SEPTEMBER/2017.

Hey there, everyone! I hope y'all are doing well; I'm doing pretty okay now that my shingles have (mostly) cleared up, and that means I was able to do a bit of work updating this list! Admittedly, there aren't too many entries compared to the last few updates, since that list by tamerlane was finally cleared up, but I've done what I could during the last few weeks in finding more interesting animated films, shorts, music videos and loads of other things! Massive thanks to YTWes and ibcf for recommending me shorts to watch while I was sick; I really appreciate that! Here's the latest updates to the list:

Spoiler

. Conversation Pieces: Early Bird (1983), dir. David Sproxton & Peter Lord -- JM
. Nina Simone: My Baby Just Cares For Me (1987), dir. Peter Lord -- JM
. Prophet and Lo$$ (1988), dir. Jonathan Bairstow -- ibcf

. Body Beautiful (1991), dir. Joanna Quinn -- ibcf
. The Kings of Siam (1992), dir. Ged Haney -- ibcf
. Little Wolf (1992), dir. An Vrombaut -- ibcf
. Diner (1992), dir. Gahan Wilson -- ibcf
. Pib and Pog (1995), dir. Peter Peake -- JM
. Humdrum (1999), dir. Peter Peake -- JM
. The Scooby-Doo Project (1999), dir. Casper Kelly, Larry Morris, Steve Patrick, Ashley Kohler -- JM

. A Child's Metaphysics (2007), dir. Kōji Yamamura -- ibcf
. A Mouse's Tale (2007), dir. Benjamin Renner -- ibcf

. anti-chaos (2010), dir. Shiho Nagasako -- JM
. Woman who stole fingers (2010), dir. Saori Shiroki -- JM
. In a pig's eye (2010), dir. Atsushi Wada -- ibcf
. Climber (2010), dir. Akifumi Nonaka -- ibcf
. Gulp (2011), dir. Sumo Science -- JM
. The Tender March (2011), dir. Wataru Uekusa -- ibcf
. Cuushe: Airy Me (2013), dir. Yoko Kuno -- ibcf
. Playground (2013), dir. Ryosuke Oshiro -- ibcf
. From Here To Immortality (2013), dir. Luise Husler -- ibcf
. Ray's Big Idea (2014), dir. Steve-Harding Hill -- JM
. Zazel (2014), dir. Lu Hongxi, Zhang Ming, Lee En, Zhang Bo-Shen, Guo Yuanyi -- ibcf
. A crow is white: HIMITSU (2014), dir. Kō Uekusa -- ibcf
. Scape Escape (2014), dir. Yukie Nakauchi -- ibcf
. Scutes on my mind (2015), dir. Megumi Ishitani -- YTWes
. The Yellow Ball (2015), dir. Xinxin Liu -- JM
. Fair Winds (2015), dir. Eri Kinoshita -- JM
. Will Hatching Day Come? (2015), dir. Chayanit Kiatchokechaikul -- JM
. Misfit Lil' Sparrow (2015), dir. Yuriko Noda -- JM
. Cirque le coeur (2015), dir. Mitsuru Sasaki -- ibcf
. Tales of the Universe (2016), dir. Ikeda Pirou -- ibcf
. Mickey Mouse '13: Bee Inspired (2017), dir. Eddie Trigueros, Paul Rudish -- JM

Before I go, I should point out that I'm currently looking into doing a music course in a local college. It starts in October, so if I do manage to get in, I won't be able to update this list as regularly as I've been able to do for the last few months. As well as that, I've not yet set up social media accounts to promote the project, but I happily admit that's pretty much due to my own laziness more than anything else. I'll get onto it eventually, but I don't want to make excuses as to why I've not gone anywhere with it at the moment.

With that, I'll leave you to try and figure out a plan for this project based on the above paragraph. In the meantime, thank you so much if you've contributed to the list in some way, please keep contributing with suggestions, feedback and other general ideas, and until we meet again, have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM THE WEBSITE 'CARTOON RESEARCH', AS OF 22:29 - 25/SEPTEMBER/2017.

My apologies for the delay on this update. A few things came up that left me unable to work on this project and a couple of others for a while, but I was able to check out a few shorts and some articles from Cartoon Research (particularly the Cartoons Considered For Academy Awards articles; very interesting stuff! - here's the most recent one at the time of this update!). However, I will be starting a new college course next week, so there's a good chance that I won't be able to work on this as often as I could the last few months, so I apologize in advance if these updates become less frequent.

Today's update contains 54 films, a fair chunk of which come from the 1960's (which doesn't have nearly as many films suggested as most of the other decades) and a good few come from the last couple of years alone. I'm not lying when I say that some of these are genuinely fantastic, to the point where I'm actually going to give a few personal recommendations. They'll be the films in bold in this update list (and given a YT/Vimeo link if they can be found), so please check them out if you can:

Spoiler

. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Hare Force (1944), dir. Friz Freleng -- JM
. Noveltoons: Hep Cat Symphony (1949), dir. Seymour Kneitel -- JM

. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Ballot Box Bunny (1951), dir. Friz Freleng -- Jerry Beck
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Gift Wrapped (1952), dir. Friz Freleng -- Jerry Beck
. Herman & Katnip: Mice-Capades (1952), dir. Seymour Kneitel -- Jerry Beck
. The Little House (1952), dir. Wilfred Jackson -- Jerry Beck
. Donald Duck: Trick or Treat (1952), dir. Jack Hannah -- Jerry Beck
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: A Mouse Divided (1953), dir. Friz Freleng -- Jerry Beck
. Donald Duck: The Grand Canyonscope (1954), dir. Charles A. Nichols -- Jerry Beck
. Humphrey the Bear: In the Bag (1956), dir. Jack Hannah -- Jerry Beck
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Three Little Bops (1957), dir. Friz Freleng -- Jerry Beck
. Flebus (1957), dir. Ernest Pintoff -- Jerry Beck
. The Juggler of Our Lady (1958), dir. Al Kouzel & Gene Deitch -- Jerry Beck
(11)

. Tom & Jerry: The Tom and Jerry Cartoon Kit (1962), dir. Gene Deitch -- Jerry Beck
. How to Live with a Neurotic Dog (1963), dir. Gene Deitch -- Jerry Beck
. Inspector: The Great De Gaulle Stone Operation (1965), dir. Friz Freleng -- Jerry Beck
. The Itch (1965), dir. Howard Post -- Jerry Beck
. Enter Hamlet (1965), dir. Fred Mogubgub -- Jerry Beck
. The Blue Apron/Modrá Zástěrka (1965), dir. Hermína Týrlová -- Jerry Beck
. Breath (1967), dir. Jimmy T. Murakami -- Jerry Beck
. My Daddy The Astronaut (1967), dir. Shamus Culhane -- Jerry Beck
. The Plumber (1967), dir. Shamus Culhane -- Jerry Beck
. Escalation (1968), dir. Ward Kimball -- Jerry Beck
. K-9000: A Space Oddity (1968), dir. Robert Mitchell & Robert Swarthe -- Jerry Beck
. An American Time Capsule (1968), dir. Chuck Braverman -- Jerry Beck
. Hurts and Flowers (1968), dir. Hawley Pratt -- Jerry Beck
. Kidnapping of the Sun and the Moon (1968), dir. Sándor Reisenbüchler -- Jerry Beck
. Permutations (1968), dir. John Whitney Sr. -- Jerry Beck
. The Giants/Obři (1969), dir. Gene Deitch -- Jerry Beck

. Tony de Peltrie (1985), dir. Pierre Lachapelle, Philippe Bergeron, Pierre Robidoux, Daniel Langlois -- JM
. Knick Knack (1989), dir. John Lasseter -- JM

. Geri's Game (1997), dir. Jan Pinkava -- JM

. Boundin' (2003), dir. Bud Luckey -- JM
. Periwinkle Around The World (2004), dir. Aaron Springer -- JM
. Jack-Jack Attack (2005), dir. Brad Bird -- JM
. Lifted (2006), dir. Gary Rydstrom -- JM
. The Hidden Life of the Burrowing Owl (2008), dir. Mike Roush -- ILDC
. Animated American (2008), dir. James Baker & Joe Haidar -- JM
. Team Fortress 2: Meet The Spy (2009), dir. Robin Walker (presumed) -- JM
. Maruined (2009), dir. Genndy Tartakovsky -- JM

. Fur (2011), dir. François Barreau, Marion Delannoy, Claire Fauvel, Rachid Guendouze, Vincent Nghiem, Benoit Tranchet -- JM
. Oh Dear (2014), dir. Megumi Ishitani -- JM
. TIE Fighter (2015), dir. Paul Johnson -- JM
. Shudō (2015), dir. To-Anh Bach, Charles Badiller, Hugo Weiss -- JM
. Whoosh (2015), dir. Julien Grande -- JM
. A Prank Time (2016), dir. [JamieR] -- JM
. Game Grumps Animated: Wimbledon (2017), dir. ieJoMaFlo -- JM
. Coke Habit (2017), dir. Dress Code -- JM
. Mehua (2017), dir. Camille Aigloz, Lucy Vallin, Michiru Baudet, Simon Anding Malandin, Diane Tran Duc, Margo Roquelaure -- JM
. Night Witches (2017), dir. Arina Korczynski -- JM
. Jumpy (2017), dir. Anthony Falleroni -- JM
. Out of Season/Hors Saison (2017), dir. Nicolas Capitaine, Léni Marotte, Lucas Durkheim, Céline Desoutter -- JM
. Memo (2017), dir. Ines Scheiber, Jules Durand, Julien Becquer, Elena Dupressoir, Viviane Guimaraes -- JM
. When I Replaced Camille/Quand J'ai Remplacé Camille (2017), dir. Nathan Otaño, Rémy Clarke, Leïla Courtillon -- JM

That's it for today. I'll keep working to update the list, as well as figure out how to handle the social media aspect. Please keep contributing with suggestions and feedback, check out some of the films mentioned today, and thank you very much for reading and contributing! Until we meet again, have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, TWITTER AND OTHER WEBSITES I WAS RECOMMENDED TO CHECK OUT, AS OF 13:23 - 9/OCTOBER/2017.

Well, today's update is a pretty special one. For one thing, it marks the sixth month anniversary of me setting up this forum thread and generally making a start on gathering suggestions for a possible project. It's amazing to think how quickly those months have flown by, and how much I've learned about all sorts of aspects of animation (both as a medium and an industry) in that time. I want to thank everyone who ever contributed to this project once more. I can't thank you enough for giving me the drive to keep going with this; you are all the best.

Secondly, I finally decided to go and do something about this social media business, after months of hesitation and nervousness. I don't have much of a plan as to what to do with things, but it's better to start and figure things out as I go along than to never get anything done if it's not perfect. With that, I give you...

(plays mouth kazoo)

The 1001 Animated Films You Should Watch FaceBook Page!

Here, I'll be updating the list, answering questions and feedback from comments, and posting articles/videos/interviews on animation that I find quite fascinating. I'll occasionally post something of my own, but not very often due to how busy things are on my end. In the meantime, check out the page and if there's anything you'd like to suggest or contribute to, please do so! I'd really appreciate it!

Now, for the update, we've got 65 new entries for the list (most of which were from browsing through Cartoon Research's backlog of articles and listing any definitive recommendations from their writers). This takes us past 1900 films, meaning we don't have very far to go in order to get to 2000 films, which is insane considering how I originally thought that would have been the highest possible number of films to reach without scraping the bottom of the barrel. But now, there's still so much out there, or there's new stuff being created every day. It's honestly amazing, and it brings a smile to my face every time I think about.

That's it for today. I'll likely see y'all again in a couple of weeks, but please keep contributing in the meantime. Give suggestions and feedback, like and share the Facebook page if you can, and until we meet again, have a great day!

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, TWITTER, OTHER WEBSITES AND BOOKS I'VE BEEN READING, AS OF 20:50 - 21/OCTOBER/2017.

We've done it.

After six and a half months of working on this project, we've managed to reach a goal I never thought would have been reached so quickly:

2000 films.

Two thousand animated films, shorts, music videos, episodes, re-animations, internet videos and countless other experiments have been gathered under a list of suggestions.

That is indescribably insane, and indescribably amazing at the same time. I legitimately cannot believe we've come that far, and yet it still feels like there's still so much left out there to find. I know I said I'd wrap up the suggestions gathering period of the list when it reached 2000 films, but I feel like it's somehow still too low when trying to catalogue as many as possible.

So, I'm going to extend the final goal to somewhere between 3000/4000 films. When it gets to the point when it's clearly a struggle to find anything new, that's when I'll wrap up this phase of the project (and try to move this project somewhere forward).

To everyone who has contributed to this list, either directly, or through me reading about your recommendations elsewhere, I want to thank you once more. It's encouraged me to check out a world of animation I never knew of before, and it's been one of the main things keeping me going as of late. You are all amazing, and I want to give you the biggest hugs if we ever meet in real life.

Spoiler

Paul Cronin
Richard Cross
Laura McGrath
Dave McGrath
tamerlane
Daniel Thomas MacInnes
Jerry Beck
Fred Patten
Steve Stanchfield
Chris Patmore
Sun-Wukong (DK Vine)
SurrealBrain (DK Vine)
NathanVS. (DK Vine)
MFWolfe (DK Vine)
King Smithy (DK Vine)
koopaul (DK Vine)
Karate Joe (DK Vine)
AwesomeCauliflower68 (DK Vine)
Prika (DK Vine)
Kara Kong (DK Vine)
Sabertooth1000000000 (DK Vine)
Twilight Vestige (DK Vine)
ILDC (DK Vine)
Zedxclon (DK Vine)
DarkBluePhoenix (Evageeks)
Reichu (Evageeks)
Joseki (Evageeks)
Kazuki_Fuse (Evageeks)
Cosmo11 (Evageeks)
Mr Tines (Evageeks)
pwhodges (Evageeks)
Director Black (Evageeks)
cyharding (Evageeks)
Maxtiis (Sonic Stadium)
Nightly (Sonic Stadium)
Indigo Rush (Sonic Stadium)
CleverSonicUsername (Sonic Stadium)
AxelPrime (Sonic Stadium)
Bowbowis (Sonic Stadium)
Monkey Destruction Switch (Sonic Stadium)
Soldier: 76 (Sonic Stadium)
Joy (Sonic Stadium)
Ernest-Panda (Sonic Stadium)
CottonCandy (Sonic Stadium)
YTWes (Twitter)
ibcf (Twitter)
Josh Dunham (Twitter)
AnimeGolem (Twitter)

I've still got that Facebook page available, if you want to like it and maybe share around for others to come around and give their own ideas/suggestions for the project:

https://www.facebook.com/1001-Animated-Films-You-Should-Watch-292571264560817/

And of course, here's the latest updates to the list:

Spoiler

. The Honduras Hurricane (1938), dir. Friz Freleng -- ibcf

. The Shooting of Dan McGoo (1945), dir. Tex Avery -- ibcf

. Peter Pan (1953), dir. Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, Hamilton Luske -- JM

. The Pocket Knife/Scyzoryk (1961), dir. Leszek Lorek -- AnimeGolem
. The Sword in the Stone (1963), dir. Wolfgang Reitherman -- JM
. The Jungle Book (1967), dir. Wolfgang Reitherman -- JM

. Minna no Uta: I'm Sorry (1970), dir. Sadao Tsukioka -- AnimeGolem
. Matrix (1971), dir. John Whitney Sr. -- Jerry Beck

. Minna no Uta: Come to the Ocean (1984), dir. Kōji Nanke -- AnimeGolem
. The Black Cauldron (1985), dir. Ted Berman & Richard Rich -- JM
. Minna no Uta: In The Projects (1985), dir. Kōji Nanke -- AnimeGolem
. Minna no Uta: A Tail's Feelings (1986), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. Minna no Uta: Always A Traveller (1988), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. A Warm Reception in L.A. (1988), dir. Candy Kugel & Vincent Cafarelli -- Chris Patmore
. Beastie Boys: Shadrach (1989), dir. Adam Youch -- ILDC
. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down A Dream (1989), dir. Jim Lenahan -- ILDC

. Minna no Uta: The Day Mom Was A Swan (1990), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. To Want to Fly/Volere Volare (1991), dir. Guido Manuli & Maurizio Nichetti -- Chris Patmore
. Fast Food Matador (1991), dir. Candy Kugel & Vincent Cafarelli -- Chris Patmore
. Pocahontas (1995), dir. Mike Gabriel & Eric Goldberg -- JM
. Minna no Uta: Who Owns The Reivers? (1995), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. Ken Ishii: Extra (1996), dir. Kōji Morimoto -- ILDC
. Mulan (1998), dir. Barry Cook & Tony Bancroft -- JM
. The Bluetones: 4-Day Weekend (1998), dir. Kōji Morimoto -- ILDC
. Minna no Uta: I Am Your Tears (1998), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. Ponkikki: Sunday Meal (1998?), dir. Kōji Nanke -- AnimeGolem
. Tarzan (1999), dir. Kevin Lima & Chris Buck -- JM

. The Eyes of Karras (2000), dir. Hedley Griffin -- Chris Patmore
. Hardly Workin' (2000), dir. The Ill Clan (presumed) -- Chris Patmore
. Röyksopp: Remind Me (2001), dir. Ludovic Houplan & Hervé de Crécy -- ILDC
. Animated Tales of the World: The Green Man of Knowledge (2001), dir. Rachel Bevan Baker -- Chris Patmore
. No Guts, No Galaxy (2001), dir. Alexander Rea -- Chris Patmore
. The Snowman (2001), dir. Lane Nakamura -- Chris Patmore
. Klea: Tic Toc (2002), dir. Gunter Grossholz (presumed) -- ILDC
. SpongeBob SquarePants: Krusty Krab Training Video (2002), dir. Aaron Springer & C.H. Greenblatt -- ILDC
. Animated Tales of the World: The Magic Paintbrush (2002), dir. Valeriy Ugarov -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: Cap O'Rushes (2002), dir. Unknown -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: King March (2002), dir. Jirí Latal -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: Bad Baby Army (2002), dir. Anthony Lucas -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: How The Tortoise Won Respect (2002), dir. Vladimir Petkevich -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: The Enchanted Lion (2002), dir. Jirí Latal -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: King Solomon and the Bee (2002), dir. Noam Meshulam -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: The Chief and the Carpenter (2002), dir. Walter Tournier -- Chris Patmore
. The Lighthouse (2002), dir. Mårten Jönmark -- Chris Patmore
. Junior Senior: Move your Feet (2003), dir. Shynola (collective) -- ILDC
. The Town of the One-Handed (2003), dir. Heli Ellis -- Chris Patmore
. Atomic Swindlers: Float [my electric stargirl] (2004), dir. Joel Trussel -- ILDC
. Seeed: Ding (2005), dir. Philip Hillers -- ILDC
. Jason Forrest: War Photographer (2005), dir. Joel Trussel -- ILDC
. Architecture in Helsinki: Do the Whirlwind (2005), dir. Paul Robertson -- ILDC
. Jamiroquai: (Don't) Give Hate A Chance (2005), dir. Alexandre Courtes & Martin Fougerole -- ILDC
. Flobots: Handlebars (2005), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. of Montreal: Wraith Pinned to the Mist (2006), dir. Lauren Gregg & Craig Sheldon -- ILDC
. MIKA: Lollipop (2007), dir. Bonzom (collective) -- ILDC
. m-flo loves Chara: Love to Live By (2007), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Avenged Sevenfold: A Little Piece of Heaven (2007), dir. Rafa Alcantara -- ILDC
. Danko Jones: King of Magazines (2008), dir. Nick Cross (presumed) -- ILDC
. Britney Spears: Break The Ice (2008), dir. Robert Hales -- ILDC
. Birdy Nam Nam: The Parachute Ending (2008), dir. Steve Scott -- ILDC
. Blockhead: The Music Scene (2009), dir. Anthony F. Schepperd -- ILDC
. N.A.S.A.: Gifted (2009), dir. Casey Hunt, Greg Gunn, Reza Rasoli -- ILDC
. Flairs: Trucker's Delight (2009), dir. Jérémie Périn -- ILDC
. Tahuna Breaks: Giddy Up (2009), dir. Leah Morgan -- ILDC
. Parov Stelar: The Mojo Radio Gang (2009), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. Ramona Falls: I Say Fever (2009), dir. Stefan Nadelman -- ILDC
. Dead Pirates: Wood [Dirty Melody] (2009), dir. Simon Landrein & Mcbess (Matthieu Bessudo) -- ILDC
. Ape School: Wail to God (2009), dir. Anthony F. Schepperd -- ILDC

. The Audreys: Sometimes the Stars (2010), dir. Ari Gibson & Jason Pamment -- ILDC
. Streetlight Manifesto: Just [Do It To Yourself] (2010), dir. Henrik Sonniksen (presumed) -- ILDC
. Studio Killers: Ode to the Bouncer (2011), dir. Unknown -- ILDC
. 2NE1: Hate You (2011), dir. Mari Kim -- ILDC
. Danger Mouse & Daniel Luppi: Two Against One (2011), dir. Chris Milk & Anthony F. Schepperd -- ILDC
. Handsome Kenya: Korekuraide Utau (2011), dir. Kousuke Sugimoto -- ILDC
. Goldfish: We Come Together (2011), dir. Mike Scott -- ILDC
. Gotya: Bronte (2011), dir. Ari Gibson -- ILDC
. Fleet Foxes: The Shrine/An Argument (2011), dir. Sean Pecknold -- ILDC
. Chad VanGaalen: Peace on the Rise (2011), dir. Chad VanGaalen -- ILDC
. Seasick Steve: You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks (2011), dir. Reuben Sutherland -- ILDC
. Kill It Kid: Wild and Wasted Waters (2011), dir. Matthew Robinson -- ILDC
. Mustard Pimp & Jimmy Urine: Money Shot (2011), dir. Unknown (Various) -- ILDC
. Katzenjammer: Soviet Trumpeter (2011), dir. Natalie Heinlein -- ILDC
. Caravan Palace: Rock it for Me (2012), dir. Guillaume Cassuto, Ugo Gattoni, Jeremy Pires -- ILDC
. The Shins: The Rifle's Spiral (2012), dir. Jamie Caliri -- ILDC
. Deadmau5: The Veldt (2012), dir. Manroop Takhar -- ILDC
. Breakbot: Baby I'm Yours (2012), dir. Irena Dakeva -- ILDC
. Meshuggah: I Am Colossus (2012), dir. Magnus Jonsson -- ILDC
. Flying Lotus: Putty Boy Strut (2012), dir. Cyriak -- ILDC
. Eiffel: Place de Mon Coeur (2012), dir. Videodrome -- ILDC
. Alice Francis: Shoot Him Down! (2012), dir. Caravan Productions (unknown otherwise) -- ILDC
. Goodnight, Mr. Foot (2012), dir. Genndy Tartakovsky -- ILDC
. Mat Zo & Porter Robinson: Easy (2013), dir. Louis & McCourt -- ILDC
. Slightly Left of Centre: Love the Way You Move (2013), dir. Ben Ommundson & Aaron McDonald -- ILDC
. Kvelertak: Evig Vandrar (2013), dir. Torjus Førre Erfjord -- ILDC
. Jackson and his Computerband: G.I. Jane [Fill Me Up] (2013), dir. Petra Mrzyk & Jean-François Moriceau -- ILDC
. Arctic Monkeys: Do I Wanna Know (2013), dir. David Wilson -- ILDC
. Beelzebub ft. Les Claypool: Beats Antique (2013), dir. Ivan Landau -- ILDC
. Toh Kay: With Any Kind of Certainty (2013), dir. Scott Benson -- ILDC
. Tiny Anthem: The M Machine (2013), dir. Chet Knebel & Hal Lee -- ILDC
. Frozen (2013), dir. Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee -- JM
. Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused To Sing (2013), dir. Jess Cope -- DM
. Pharrell Williams: It Girl (2014), dir. Mr. and Fantasista Utamaro -- ILDC
. Lonely The Brave: Victory Line (2014), dir. Jeff Le Bars -- DM
. Ponkikki: My birthday has come! Wai! Wai! (2017?), dir. Kōji Nanke -- AnimeGolem

With that, I'll leave you with a couple of links. The first couple are for a book that helped add a good few names to the list, while the rest are for a couple of online animation events that you might want to check out if you can - you might find something you love, after all.

The Complete Animation Course: The Principles, Practice and Techniques of Successful Animation by Chris Patmore (Obligatory Amazon and Goodreads links)

Season 2 of CBFest (online shorts uploaded every Sunday, courtesy of the Cartoon Brew website)

On that note, here's Season 1 of CBFest from during this summmer!

As usual, please keep contributing with suggestions and feedback, like and share the Facebook page if you can, and until we meet again, have a great day! You all deserve it.

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, TWITTER, OTHER WEBSITES AND BOOKS I'VE BEEN READING, AS OF 19:42 - 1/NOVEMBER/2017.

Today's the biggest update in quite some time, with nearly 300 films being added to the list. This is largely in part thanks to a couple of lists some lovely folks over on reddit suggested or compiled when I decided to make a reddit thread over there (which you can check at here, if you're so interested).

Spoiler

. The Insect's Christmas (1913), dir. Ladislas Starewicz -- turtlestack
. Alice Comedies: Alice's Egg Plant (1925), dir. Walt Disney -- turtlestack
. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: Trolley Troubles (1927), dir. Walt Disney -- Adam Cook
. Mickey Mouse: Mickey's Follies (1929), dir. Ub Iwerks & Wilfred Jackson -- ILDC
. Mickey Mouse: The Karnival Kid (1929), dir. Walt Disney & Ub Iwerks -- ILDC

. Silly Symphonies: Flowers and Trees (1932), dir. Burt Gillett -- Jmcfarlane49
. The Devil's Ball (1933), dir.  Ladislas Starewicz -- turtlestack
. Mickey Mouse: Two-Gun Mickey (1934), dir. Ben Sharpsteen -- Jmcfarlane49
. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies: Buddy The Detective (1934), dir. Jack King -- turtlestack
. The Sunshine Makers (1935), dir. Ted Eshbaugh -- Jmcfarlane49
. ComiColor Cartoons (1935), dir. Ub Iwerks -- turtlestack

. Reason and Emotion (1943), dir. Bill Roberts -- Jmcfarlane49

. Man On The Land (1951), dir. Bill Hurtz -- turtlestack
. A Is For Atom (1953), dir. Carl Urbano -- turtlestack
. Donald Duck: Working for Peanuts (1953), dir. Jack Hannah -- ILDC
. The Staunch Tin Soldier/Den Standhaftige Tinnsoldat (1955), dir. Ivo Caprino -- Adam Cook
. Rodney (1956), dir. Lu Guarnier -- turtlestack
. The Proud General (1956), dir. Te Wei -- turtlestack
. Rhapsody of Steel (1959), dir. Carl Urbano -- turtlestack

. Noveltoons: Munro (1960), dir. Gene Deitch -- turtlestack
. Bolek and Lolek: The Crossbow/Kusza (1962), dir. Władysław Nehrebecki -- AnimeGolem
. The Snails/Les Escargots (1965), dir. René Laloux -- turtlestack
. Passion of Spies/Шпионские страсти (1967), dir. Yefim Gamburg -- Adam Cook
. Mad Monster Party (1967), dir. Jules Bass -- ILDC
. Kitty (1968), dir. Nikolai Konstantinov -- turtlestack
. Duo/Pas de deux (1968), dir. Norman McLaren -- turtlestack
. Seasons (1969), dir. Ivan Ivanov-Vano & Yuri Norstein -- turtlestack

. The Phantom Tollbooth (1970), dir. Chuck Jones & Abe Levitow, Dave Monahan (live action) -- DJAHa
. Dougal and the Blue Cat (1970), dir. Serge Danot -- Adam Cook
. Yasashii Lion (1970), dir. Takashi Yanase -- AnimeGolem
. Benny's Bathtub/Bennys badekar (1971), dir. Jannik Hastrup & Flemming Quist Møller -- Adam Cook
. The Battle of Kerzhenets/Се́ча при Ке́рженце (1971), dir. Ivan Ivanov-Vano & Yuri Norstein -- turtlestack
. The Demon/Oni (1972), dir. Kihachirō Kawamoto -- turtlestack
. The Giving Tree (1973), dir. Charlie O. Haywood -- Jerry Beck
. A Poet's Life/Shijin no Shōgai (1974), dir. Kihachirō Kawamoto -- Adam Cook
. Halloween Is Grinch Night (1977), dir. Gerard Baldwin -- ILDC
. Ringing Bell (1978), dir. Masami Hata -- Adam Cook
. The Small One (1978), dir. Don Bluth -- Adam Cook
. House of Flame/Kataku (1979), dir. Kihachirō Kawamoto -- Adam Cook
. Every Child (1979), dir. Eugene Fedorenko -- turtlestack
. Sloth/Laziness (1979), dir. Evgeniy Sivokon -- turtlestack

. Toward the Terra (1980), dir. Hideo Onchi -- Adam Cook
. Tom Tom Club: Genius of Love (1981), dir. Rocky Morton & Annabel Jankel (presumed) -- DJAHa
. American Pop (1981), dir. Ralph Bakshi -- Adam Cook
. Chie the Brat (1981), dir. Isao Takahata -- Adam Cook
. Commuter (1981), dir. Mike Patterson -- turtlestack
. Time Masters/Les Maîtres du temps (1982), dir. René Laloux -- Adam Cook
. The Flight of Dragons (1982), dir. Arthur Rankin Jr. & Jules Bass -- Adam Cook
. Fishing The Moon From The Pool/Monkeys Fish The Moon (1982), dir. Zhou Ke Qiu & A Da (Xu Jingda) -- turtlestack
. Fire and Ice (1983), dir. Ralph Bakshi -- Adam Cook
. Golgo 13: The Professional (1983), dir. Osamu Dezaki -- Adam Cook
. The Fight Between the Snipe and the Clam (1983), dir. Jinqing Hu -- turtlestack
. The Tree and the Cat (1983), dir. Evgeniy Sivokon -- turtlestack
. The Cabinet of Jan Svankmajer (1984), dir. Stephen Quay & Timothy Quay -- Adam Cook
. There Will Come Soft Rains (1984), dir. Nazim Tulyakhodzayev -- turtlestack
. Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1985), dir. Steven Hahn -- Adam Cook
. A Journey Through Fairyland (1985), dir. Masami Hata -- AnimeGolem
. Garfield's Halloween Adventure (1985), dir. Phil Roman -- ILDC
. The Pied Piper/Krysař (1986), dir. Jiří Barta -- Adam Cook
. Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night (1987), dir. Hal Sutherland -- Adam Cook
. Take the X Train (1987), dir. Rintaro -- Adam Cook
. Dreaming of Paradise/Strit og Stumme (1987), dir. Jannik Hastrup -- Adam Cook
. Lupin III: The Fuma Conspiracy (1987), dir. Masayuki Ōzeki -- Adam Cook
. Amazing Stories: Family Dog (1987), dir. Brad Bird -- ILDC
. Felix the Cat: The Movie (1988), dir. Tibor Hernádi -- Adam Cook
. Goodnight Norma ... Goodnight Milton ... (1988), dir. John Schnall -- turtlestack
. Balance (1989), dir. Christoph Lauenstein & Wolfgang Lauenstein -- Adam Cook
. The Button/Knopka (1989), dir. Robert Sahakyants -- turtlestack

. The Nutcracker Prince (1990), dir. Paul Schibli -- Adam Cook
. War of the Birds (1990), dir. Jannik Hastrup -- Adam Cook
. A Wind Named Amnesia (1990), dir. Kazuo Yamazaki -- Adam Cook
. Pulsar (1990), dir. Katsushi Boda -- turtlestack
. The Sensualist (1991), dir. Yukio Abe -- Adam Cook
. Rock-a-Doodle (1991), dir. Don Bluth -- Adam Cook
. Midori (1992), dir. Hiroshi Harada -- Adam Cook
. Franz Kafka (1992), dir. Piotr Dumała -- Adam Cook
. The Weathering Continent (1992), dir. Kōichi Mashimo -- Adam Cook
. Run, Melos! (1992), dir. Masaaki Osumi -- Adam Cook
. Bebe's Kids (1992), dir. Bruce W. Smith -- Adam Cook
. The Streetsweeper (1992), dir. Serge Elissalde -- turtlestack
. Ready or Not, Here I Come (1992), dir. Vlad Fesenko -- turtlestack
. Green Beret (1992), dir. Stephen Hillenburg -- turtlestack
. DIM (1992), dir. Marek Skrobecki -- turtlestack
. The Halloween Tree (1993), dir. Mario Piluso -- Adam Cook
. We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993), dir. Dick Zondag, Ralph Zondag, Phil Nibbelink, Simon Wells -- Adam Cook
. The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb (1993), dir. Dave Borthwick -- Adam Cook
. The Other Side (1993), dir. Mikhail Aldashin -- turtlestack
. Okaasan to Issho: The Little Boat (1995), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. Balto (1995), dir. Simon Wells -- Adam Cook
. Aladdin and the King of Thieves (1996), dir. Tad Stones -- Adam Cook
. Rocko's Modern Life: Wacky Deli/Delly (1996), dir. Alan Smart & Howy Parkins -- ILDC
. Quest (1996), dir. Tyron Montgomery -- turtlestack
. I Married a Strange Person! (1997), dir. Bill Plympton -- Adam Cook
. Noiseman Sound Insect (1997), dir. Koji Morimoto -- Jmcfarlane49
. Johnny Bravo: The Sensitive Male! (1997), dir. Butch Hartman -- ILDC
. Johnny Bravo: Bravo Dooby-Doo (1997), dir. John McIntyre -- ILDC
. Detective Conan: The Fourteenth Target (1998), dir. Kanetsugu Kodama -- Adam Cook
. Glassy Ocean/Kujira no Chōyaku (1998), dir. Shigeru Tamura -- Adam Cook
. Minna no Uta: Don't Cry (1999), dir. Kōji Nanke -- AnimeGolem
. The Old Man and the Sea (1999), dir. Aleksandr Petrov -- Adam Cook
. Bartok the Magnificent (1999), dir. Don Bluth & Gary Goldman -- Adam Cook

. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication (2000), dir. Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris -- DJAHa
. The Young Girl and the Clouds/Les Jeune Fille Et Les Nuages (2000), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- turtlestack
. Minna no Uta: Spring and Summer (2000), dir. Kōji Nanke -- JM
. Geraldine (2000), dir. Arthur de Pins -- turtlestack
. The Cat With Hands (2001), dir. Robert Morgan -- Adam Cook
. Cat Soup (2001), dir. Tatsuo Satō -- Adam Cook
. Crayon Shin-chan: The Storm Called: The Adult Empire Strikes Back (2001), dir. Keiichi Hara -- Adam Cook
. My Life as McDull (2001), dir. Toe Yuen -- Adam Cook
. SpongeBob Squarepants: Shanghaied (2001), dir. Aaron Springer -- ILDC
. Minna no Uta: The Strength of Tears (2002), dir. Kōji Nanke -- AnimeGolem
. Animated Tales of the World: Aunt Tiger (2002), dir. Michael Mort -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: The Three Sisters Who Fell Into The Mountain (2002), dir. Ekaterina Mikhaylova -- Chris Patmore
. Animated Tales of the World: John Henry (2002), dir. Andrey Zolotukhin -- Chris Patmore
. Mount Head (2002), dir. Koji Yamamura -- Adam Cook
. Comedy (2002), dir. Kazuto Nakamura -- Adam Cook
. Mercano the Martian (2002), dir. Juan Antín -- Adam Cook
. The Cathedral (2002), dir. Tomasz Bagiński -- turtlestack
. Shadowplay (2002), dir. Dan Blank -- turtlestack
. The Brainwashers (2002), dir. Patrick Bouchard -- turtlestack
. How To Cope With Death (2002), dir. Ignacio Ferreras -- turtlestack
. Wait, Be So Kind (2002), dir. Elizaveta Skvortsova -- turtlestack
. Wonderful Days (2003), dir. Kim Moon-saeng -- Adam Cook
. Jo Jo in the Stars (2003), dir. Marc Craste -- Adam Cook
. Nasu: Summer in Andalusia (2003), dir. Kitarō Kōsaka -- Adam Cook
. Rockfish (2003), dir. Tim Miller -- turtlestack
. Here Comes Dr. Tran! (2003), dir. Breehn Burns & Jason Johnson -- turtlestack
. Cane Toad (2003), dir. David Clayton and Andrew Silke -- turtlestack
. The Separation (2003), dir. Robert Morgan -- turtlestack
. Rocks/Das Rad (2003), dir. Chris Stenner, Arvid Uibel, Heidi Wittlinger -- turtlestack
. Gopher Broke (2004), dir. Jeff Fowler -- turtlestack
. The Pier (2004), dir. Jason Bennett -- turtlestack
. Brothers (2004), dir. Julio del Rio Hernandez -- turtlestack
. Ryan (2004), dir. Chris Landreth -- turtlestack
. Bath Time (2004), dir. Carlos Fernandez Puertolas -- turtlestack
. The Crab Revolution/La Révolution des crabes (2004), dir. Arthur de Pins -- turtlestack
. The Stormy Petrel (2004), dir. Alexei Turkus -- turtlestack
. Fallen Art/Sztuka Spadania (2004), dir. Tomasz Bagiński -- turtlestack
. Rogue Farm (2004/5?), dir. Mark Bender -- turtlestack
. The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello (2005), dir. Anthony Lucas -- Adam Cook
. Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek (2005), dir. Shuhei Morita -- Adam Cook
. Valiant (2005), dir. Gary Chapman -- Adam Cook
. 9 (2005), dir. Shane Acker -- Adam Cook
. The Book of the Dead (2005), dir. Kihachirō Kawamoto -- Adam Cook
. Corpse Bride (2005), dir. Mike Johnson & Tim Burton -- Adam Cook
. Wolf Daddy (2005), dir. Chang Hyung-yun -- Jmcfarlane49
. Badgered (2005), dir. Sharon Colman -- turtlestack
. IMAGO (2005), dir. Cédric Babouche -- turtlestack
. Marvelous, Keen Loony Bin (2005), dir. Lizzi Akana -- turtlestack
. Cubic Tragedy (2005), dir. Ming-Yuan Chuan -- turtlestack
. What's Love For? (2005), dir. Louis Clichy -- turtlestack
. Doll Face (2005), dir. Andy Huang -- turtlestack
. The Last Knit (2005), dir. Laura Neuvonen -- turtlestack
. Who I Am and What I Want (2005), dir. Chris Shepherd & David Shrigley -- turtlestack
. Maestro (2005), dir. Géza M. Tóth -- turtlestack
. Rabbit (2005), dir. Run Wrake -- turtlestack
. End of Summer/Fin d'été (2005), dir. Patrick Harboun, Ronan Le Fur, Joaquim Montserra -- turtlestack
. Charlie The Unicorn (2005), dir. Jason Steele -- turtlestack
. Hellboy: Sword of Storms (2006), dir. Phil Weinstein & Tad Stones -- Adam Cook
. Paris 2054: Renaissance (2006), dir. Christian Volckman -- Adam Cook
. The Little Matchgirl (2006), dir. Roger Allers -- Adam Cook
. The Danish Poet (2006), dir. Torill Kove -- turtlestack
. Pyrats (2006), dir. Yves Bigerel, Bruno Dequier, Ben Fiquet, Nicolas Gueroux, Julien Le Rolland -- turtlestack
. 458nm (2006), dir. Jan Bitzer, Ilija Brunck, Tom Weber -- turtlestack
. Snow-bo (2006), dir. Vera Brosgol & Jenn Kluska -- turtlestack
. The Waif of Persephone (2006), dir. Nick Cross -- turtlestack
. Lost Cargo (2006), dir. Pieter Engels & Efim Perlis -- turtlestack
. In Your Arms/En Tus Brazos (2006), dir. François-Xavier Goby, Edouard Jouret, Matthieu Landour -- turtlestack
. Codehunters (2006), dir. Ben Hibon -- turtlestack
. The Passenger (2006), dir. Chris Jones -- turtlestack
. Do Penguins Fly? (2006), dir. Alban Lelièvre -- turtlestack
. Sonata (2006), dir. Ryan McDougal -- turtlestack
. Kiwi! (2006), dir. Dony Permedi -- turtlestack
. Moonlight Sonata (2006), dir. Psyop -- turtlestack
. Puppet (2006), dir. Patrick Smith -- turtlestack
. Peter And The Wolf (2006), dir. Suzie Templeton -- turtlestack
. Crow Moon (2006), dir. Selina Wagner -- turtlestack
. One Rat Short (2006), dir. Alex Weil -- turtlestack
. The Legend of Shangri-La (2006), dir. Chen Ming -- turtlestack
. From The Sea/De Profundis (2007), dir. Miguelanxo Prado -- Adam Cook
. Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox (2007), dir. Lee Sung-gang -- Adam Cook
. Hellboy: Blood & Iron (2007), dir. Victor Cook & Tad Stones -- Adam Cook
. Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme (2007), dir. Frank Paur (supervising), Patrick Archibald, Richard Sebast, Jay Oliva -- Adam Cook
. Nocturna (2007), dir. Adrià García & Víctor Maldonado -- Adam Cook
. Nasu: A Migratory Bird with Suitcase (2007), dir. Kitarō Kōsaka -- Adam Cook
. Jungle Jail (2007), dir. Mathieu Arnoux, Hugo Cierzniak, Bruce Nguyen Van Lan, Aymeric Palermo -- turtlestack
. Peas and Carrots (2007), dir. Cedric Berthier, Jean-Sébastien Leroux, Maximilien Royo -- turtlestack
. Papiroflexia (2007), dir. Joaquin Baldwin -- turtlestack
. Oktapodi (2007), dir. Julien Bocabeille, François-Xavier Chanioux, Olivier Delabarre, Thierry Marchand, Quentin Marmier, Emud Mokhberi -- turtlestack
. Masques (2007), dir. Jérôme Boulbès -- turtlestack
. IM IN UR MANGER KILLING UR SAVIOR (2007), dir. Matt Burnett & Ben Levin -- turtlestack
. Starless Night (2007), dir. Carl Luc Campbell -- turtlestack
. A Leg Up (2007), dir. Bevin Carnes -- turtlestack
. Sleeping Betty (2007), dir. Claude Cloutier -- turtlestack
. L'engrenage (2007), dir. Cyril Cohen, Audrey Henneton, Virginie Kernel, Hélène Ourabah, Martin Reneleau, Jérôme Rouvelet, Sylvain Sarradin, Jérémy Soudjoukdjian, Marine Vaudour -- turtlestack
. The Pearce Sisters (2007), dir. Luis Cook -- turtlestack
. Prime Time (2007), dir. Tom Dor -- turtlestack
. Life Line (2007), dir. Tomek Ducki -- turtlestack
. Audio Mainline: Red Ocean (2007), dir. Kenny Frankland -- turtlestack
. Procrastination (2007), dir. Johnny Kelly -- turtlestack
. Madame Tutli-Putli (2007), dir. Chris Lavis and Maciek Szczerbowski -- turtlestack
. The Chestnut Tree (2007), dir. Hyun-min Lee -- turtlestack
. Egghead (2007), dir. Jerry Seong Jun Lee -- turtlestack
. Cold Rush (2007), dir. Mikael Lynen, Simon Corbaux, Tristan Urbin, Rémi Certhoux -- turtlestack
. The Dog Door (2007), dir. Natasha Malgina -- turtlestack
. Bayeux Tapestry (2007), dir. David Newton -- turtlestack
. Crone (2007), dir. Mikey Please -- turtlestack
. Circle Squared (2007), dir. Todd St. John -- turtlestack
. Space Alone (2007), dir. Ilias Sounas -- turtlestack
. Tir Nan Og (2007), dir. Fursy Teyssier -- turtlestack
. Even Pigeons Go To Heaven/Même les pigeons vont au paradis (2007), dir. Samuel Tourneux -- turtlestack
. Sweet and Sour (2007), dir. Eddie White -- turtlestack
. I Came From The Sky (2007), dir. Ezra Wube -- turtlestack
. Final Journey (2007), dir. Lars Zimmermann -- turtlestack
. Ark (2007), dir. Grzegorz Jonkajtys -- turtlestack
. The Psychiatrist (2007/8), dir. Emily Howells -- turtlestack
. Dragon Hunters (2008), dir. Arthur Qwak & Guillaume Ivernel -- Adam Cook
. Skhizein (2008), dir. Jérémy Clapin -- Adam Cook
. Film Noir (2008), dir. Srđa Penezić & Risto Topaloski -- Adam Cook
. Varmints (2008), dir. Marc Craste -- Adam Cook
. The Employment (2008), dir. Santiago Grasso -- Jmcfarlane49
. Santa: The Fascist Years (2008), dir. Bill Plympton -- turtlestack
. Presto (2008), dir. Doug Sweetland -- turtlestack
. The Place of Death/La Place du Mort (2008), dir. Yann Aldabe, Julien Boudou, Cédric de la Forest Divonne, Muzhou Huang, Freddy Kone, Pierrick Mahieu, Noémie Rein, Antoine Trouillet, Jocelyn Violant  -- turtlestack
. Garuda (2008), dir. Nicolas Athane, Meryl Franck, Alexis Liddell, Andres Salaff, Maïlys Vallade -- turtlestack
. Paranoland (2008), dir. Patrick Boivin -- turtlestack
. Hungu (2008), dir. Nicolas Brault -- turtlestack
. In The Head/Dans La Tête (2008), dir. Grégory Damour, Maxime Entringer, Anthony Gilles, Allan Sellier -- turtlestack
. Bave Circus (2008), dir. Philippe Desfretier, Nicolas Dufresne, Sylvain Kauffmann, Martin Laugero -- turtlestack
. The Cave: An Adaptation of Plato's Allegory in Clay (2008), dir. John Grigsby -- turtlestack
. Mr. Lux: At Your Service (2008), dir. Michael Jantze -- turtlestack
. Buildings (2008), dir. Tomoyoshi Joko -- turtlestack
. Oceansize (2008), dir. Romain Jouandeau, Adrien Chartie, Gilles Mazières, Fabien Thareau -- turtlestack
. Sweet Dreams (2008), dir. Kirsten Lepore -- turtlestack
. Story from North America (2008), dir. Kirsten Lepore and Garrett Davis -- turtlestack
. Triumphant Campaigns of Captain Cudney (2008), dir. Kyle Marshall -- turtlestack
. To The Moon (2008), dir. Jacob Ospa -- turtlestack
. Stand Up (2008), dir. Joseph Pierce -- turtlestack
. Gary (2008), dir. Clément Soulmagnon, Yann Benedi, Sébastien Eballard, Quentin Chaillet -- turtlestack
. Simon's Cat : Let Me In! (2008), dir. Simon Tofield -- turtlestack
. Bang Bang You Are Bread (2008), dir. Mitchell Wade -- turtlestack
. ALGOL (2008/9), dir. Okamoto Noriaki -- turtlestack
. Alma (2009), dir. Rodrigo Blaas -- Adam Cook
. The Cat Piano (2009), dir. Eddie White & Ari Gibson -- Adam Cook
. Wonder Woman (2009), dir. Lauren Montgomery -- Adam Cook
. Technotise: Edit & I (2009), dir. Aleksa Gajić -- Adam Cook
. Coffee Samurai: My Vending Machine Boyfriend (2009), dir. Hyung-yun Chang -- Jmcfarlane49
. Monsters vs. Aliens (2009), dir. Conrad Vernon & Rob Letterman -- ILDC
. Please Say Something (2009), dir. David O'Reilly -- turtlestack
. Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No (2009), dir. James Blagden -- turtlestack

. Welcome to the Space Show (2010), dir. Koji Masunari -- Adam Cook
. Higglety Pigglety Pop! or There Must Be More to Life (2010), dir. Chris Lavis & Maciek Szczerbowski -- Adam Cook
. Firebreather (2010), dir. Peter Chung -- Adam Cook
. Kung Fu Cooking Girls (2011), dir. Jin Roh -- Adam Cook
. Alois Nebel (2011), dir. Tomáš Luňák -- Adam Cook
. Crulic: The Path to Beyond (2011), dir. Anca Damian -- Adam Cook
. Wrinkles (2011), dir. Ignacio Ferreras -- Adam Cook
. Midori-Ko (2011), dir. Keita Kurosaka -- Adam Cook
. A Monster in Paris (2011), dir. Bibo Bergeron -- Adam Cook
. The Painting (2011), dir. Jean-François Laguionie -- Adam Cook
. La Luna (2011), dir. Enrico Casarosa -- Jmcfarlane49
. Romance (2011), dir. Georges Schwizgebel -- Jmcfarlane49
. Hotarubi no Mori e (2011), dir. Takahiro Omori -- Jmcfarlane49
. The Tragedy of Man (2011), dir. Marcell Jankovics -- Jmcfarlane49
. Batman: The Brave and the Bold: "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" (2011), dir. Ben Jones -- ILDC
. Three Weeks in December (2012), dir. Laura Gonçalves -- JM
. Lucky Day Forever (2012), dir. Alek Wasilewski -- Adam Cook
. Thumb Snatchers From The Moon Cocoon (2012), dir. Brad Schaffer -- Adam Cook
. Kara (2012), dir. David Cage -- Jmcfarlane49
. Man (2012), dir. Steve Cutts -- Jmcfarlane49
. Here and the Great Elsewhere (2012), dir. Michèle Lemieux -- Jmcfarlane49
. Shugo Tokumaru: Katachi (2013), dir. Kijek/Adamski -- AnimeGolem
. Mickey Mouse '13: Ghoul Friend (2013), dir. Aaron Springer -- ILDC
. Nuggets (2014), dir. Andreas Hykade -- Jmcfarlane49
. Afternoon Class (2014/5), dir. Seoro Oh -- Jmcfarlane49
. Steven Universe: Say Uncle (2015), dir. Joe Johnston & Jeff Liu -- ILDC
. An Object at Rest (2015), dir. Seth Boyden -- Jmcfarlane49
. Inner Workings (2016), dir. Leo Matsuda -- Jmcfarlane49
. Spongebob SquarePants: The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom (2017), dir. Mark Caballero & Seamus Walsh, Brian Morante & Sally Cruikshank -- ILDC
. The Scariest Story Ever: A Mickey Mouse Halloween Spooktacular! (2017), dir. Alonso Ramirez Ramos & Eddie Trigueros -- ILDC
. Diamond Jack (2017), dir. Rachel Kim -- JM
. The Mama Luigi Project (2017), dir. John Grusd, Andrew Dickman -- ILDC

I haven't completely combed through those lists, so there's still quite a few films to include in the next update. As well as that, I've been reading a couple of books and forum threads that you may want to give a look:

Animation: Pocket Essential Handbook by Mark Whitehead (not the most comprehensive look into the history of animation, by the author's own admission, but there's a couple of interesting films I've never heard of before and it's pretty cheap on the Google Play Store)

Animation Now! by Aida Queiroz, Cesar Coelho, Léa Zagury, and Marcos Magalhães (I've not read too much of it, but there's a lot of creators and studios mentioned; and it comes with a DVD full of short films, animator reels and commercial work!)

Dragon Ball's True Genre: We Need To Talk About Wuxia by Kunzait_83 (a fascinating thread that gives a brief overview of the Wuxia genre and its modern history, featuring a few shorts, films and series that could go into the list. FYI, the thread originally had a lot of visual examples and gifs to demonstrate points, but have been blocked off by photobucket. So it won't be as effective, or CPU murdering, as it used to be. Sorry about that.)

With that, I'll leave you all to do your usual thing. Please contribute with suggestions and feedback, like and share the Facebook page, and thank you for reading. Until we meet again, have a great day y'all!