Awoo.

Sonic Forces Trailer- GHZ, Classic Gameplay, New Character Tease

Nepenthe

First off, the level looks boring as hell, unpolished, and not in a complete state.

Second off, This fucking confirms it. Forces is likely just going to end up backing up the fucking nostalgia factor and you know what's even worse? IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S GENERATIONS' LEVELS AGAIN, CONSIDERING THE DESTROYED CITY LOOKS LIKE FUCKING ROOFTOP RUN.

COME ON SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still say the "new" character is just an OC creator like in Xenoverse. Just from the outline it looks like it's devoid of any stand out qualities so you can add to him later.

That Green Hill reminds me more of Lost World than Generations or S1.

• Thumbs Up 2

HOOO BOY I was NOT expecting that from the direct. 

Getting concerned about the dash pads all over the place.

ALSO THAT CAT CHARACTER: he looks like Wild Cat from Boom, but with pointy ears.

Come E3...

Green Hill Zone?!?!?!

HOLY SHIT!!! We haven't seen that stage in a new game since 2016, what a throwback!

Looks OK for now. Hype kinda died a bit for me. GHZ doesn't even look as good as Generations' version. But hey, at least classic looks a little better physics wise? Maybe?

Really does look like a create-a-character thing, or Bubsy. I hope it's Bubsy. That would be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep so recap of everything so far 

-New character with bland design pulled out of nowhere instead of using a previous character who had any potential 

-Not!Green Hill Zone that looks worse

-Dash Pad in front of loop, so we already know classic is fucked from the start basically 

good 

How did I miss that the director of this was the same guy that gave us Sonic Lost World? Guess this means I'll care for Classic Sonic gameplay even less compared to his modern counterpart.

I gotta say I love this complaining over what seems to be a decent game, shows the sonic fanbase finally has some standards lol. (compared to Lost World, I was able to see it wasn't going to be as good as Gens pretty quickly.)

As for the Character reveal, I'll feel pretty mixed if its a create your own character, I hope its not!

Also this pic seems pretty relevant to that:

C9P4kt8WsAUmjhV.thumb.jpg.a4026734a912a904d46f7a50d7dd39bd.jpg

I think the game will be fine...it just sucks that it doesn't seem to be anything more than a Gens 2...

If the "new character" is player-created, I'll actually enjoy it far better than just a generic character tbh. New character looks kinda lame, like Bubsy, but if its a create-a-character in Sonic I think that'd actually be pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly speaking, this new character pisses me off. Sonic already has a large cast of characters, so why the hell are they making this new person playable instead of others such as Knuckles, Tails, Shadow or even Silver? They literally have no excuse. I think it's a slap in the face to characters we've loved for over the years.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

TFW the sand is just water effects not enabled

Omg its sonic 06 all over again...

-_-

I have NO reaction. Neither excitement, curiosity, or disappointment. This is just... Eh? That's the first time this ever happened with me, regarding a new Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Alienrun said:

Omg its sonic 06 all over again...

-_-

You mean Sonic Boom?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Autosaver said:

You mean Sonic Boom?

No I'm pretty sure I mean Sonic 06...

Ignoring the fact that "the whole city is on fire"...sand in that game is LITERATELY just water but recolored! :o

Just saw that Sonic Forces' footage and...

Spoiler

I'm not really impressed to say the least.

Well, we do get Green Hill Zone! (yet again) Only this time it looks really, really bland and redundant since we already have Green Hill Zone in Sonic Mania. LOL on that boost pad before the loop in Classic Sonic's portion. Seriously Sonic Team? Also this supposed new character that shows up in this game having a big role and being playable, as opposed to the already existing characters that Sonic Team seems so disinterest to putting any effort to them that isn't Sonic, Tails and Dr. Eggman. I heard about this whole OC creation thing might actually happen because we don't see any real defining features on the character, seeing as he/she's being somewhat heavily silhouetted. I guess that's fine, Phantasy Star Online and Dragon Ball Xenoverse did that so why not.

I know that I had no expectations or excitement towards this game. because Sonic Team, but jeez man, the more I see of this, the more it further solidifies my disinterest towards Sonic Forces, unless they really do something interesting that might catch my full attention, I'm just gonna continue focusing all my attention on Sonic Mania right now. I jut can't feel ANYTHING with this game, it's just so "eh..."

I still don't really understand what are SEGA's plans with the Sonic franchise. It's like they purposely keep avoiding what they were good at.

1 minute ago, Tomazo said:

I still don't really understand what are SEGA's plans with the Sonic franchise. It's like they purposely keep avoiding what they were good at.

What is it that they're good at again?

They've been mismanaging the franchise for years. First it was not allowing enough time to finish games, and now its relying too fucking much on nostalgia, without actually bothering to try and understand what made the past games successful. Its ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Scar said:

What is it that they're good at again?

They've been mismanaging the franchise for years. First it was not allowing enough time to finish games, and now its relying too fucking much on nostalgia, without actually bothering to try and understand what made the past games successful. Its ridiculous.

You're actually saying the same thing as me, without realising.