Awoo.

Sonic Forces Trailer- GHZ, Classic Gameplay, New Character Tease

Nepenthe

Oh boy a new trailer.

Bummed that we're getting Green Hill again. Can we please have Classic Sonic start off somewhere else? We've played through Green Hill about 1 million times in 20 different games now .-.

The new character looks boring. I agree with the people who are saying that this is hinting at some sort of character creator. If this really is the new character than that's pathetic tbh. Should've just used Shadow or Knuckles or something or maybe even Adventure Sonic or Metal Sonic...

Guess we'll have to wait for E3 to see who this new character is...

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never really been a big fan of Green Hill Zone even before it started re-appearing everywhere. But if they brought back, I dunno, Star Light Zone instead, at least it would be something a bit different than GHZ-Again.

The new character has the same kind of long-body-noodle-arms as the generic villiage people in the Sonic Boom cartoon. Couldn't make out anything particularly stand-out-ish from the sneek peek (not even anything like a tail that could identify a species) so with nothing solid to go on, I can't exactly deny it looks like a character create system or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

The normal Forces topic closed just a few mins ago so I guess I'll take my question here.

If everybody bemoans the presence of Green Hill Zone appearing outside of games such as Mania or Generations, why do Sonic Team insist on forcing carbon copies of it in every game? If Sonic Team really "listened to the fans" like some people claim they do, you'd think this would be one of the things they'd listen about. But no, it's back but this time looking worse (what with the sand) and looking WORSE (Are the extra switch nickels really worth the downgrade?)

On 4/13/2017 at 1:43 AM, Alienrun said:

No I'm pretty sure I mean Sonic 06...

Ignoring the fact that "the whole city is on fire"...sand in that game is LITERATELY just water but recolored! :o

Weeellllll I mean, the guy who directed '06 is directing Forces soooo, lol.

Nah but hey, where's all the positive feedback at? I can't be the only one excited for this game can I? I think it looks pretty good from what we've seen so far.

Could you blame them for making a Generations 2? I mean, it's the closest SEGA has ever come to having a Sonic game that satisfies all the fans and non fans.

It's exciting to feel like maybe with the boost formula returning that SEGA has an established formula for Sonic they can stick with. Heck, I wouldn't mind Sonic games from here on out for the next while playing like Generations. Almost everyone loved that game.

It's also a curve ball for SEGA to throw out in a plot that Eggman has actually "won" in a matter of sense. Where did that come from? I sure couldn't tell you. I'm very eager to find out what Sonic has been up to in the time it took Eggman to take over "99%" of the world.

As far as the new character goes, I don't really know how I feel about it being a "create your own character" type of deal. Just something in the back of my mind says that's not going to happen, and I actually hope it doesn't either.

But hey, if it does, I'll still get it and play the heck out of it. I don't really care, I'm just all about that new Sonic.

Heck the last time I played a new Sonic game I was still living with my parents, in that time I've moved out, gotten married, and had a family. SEGA sure does like to keep us waiting...

All jokes aside, I plan on keeping myself hyped and enjoying the next Sonic game no matter what happens like I always have.