Awoo.

Kirby's 25th Anniversary (Star Allies: Wave 3 DLC Update)

Sonictrainer

Kirby-25th-Anniversary-534x300.png

In the April 12th Nintendo Direct, 3 Kirby games were announced to celebrate his 25th Anniversary.

33159741294_d7629f449f_c.jpg

The first game is "Team Kirby Clash Deluxe", an upgraded and downloadable version of the game mode "Team Kirby Clash" from the game "Kirby Planet Robobot".

33159744254_6b6e9054fa.jpg

In "Team Kirby Clash Deluxe", you start out as a single Kirby Hero that fights monsters to protect the Realm of Dreams.

The game is currently available now

Other Notes and Information about Team Kirby Clash Deluxe:

• Unlike the other "Deluxe" games, this one is free to play, using a system of vigor, energy to take on missions, and gem apples, currency to unlock levels and items, to play
  • You can choose between 4 different Roles/Abilities: Sword Hero (Sword Kirby), Hammer Lord (Hammer Kirby), Doctor Healmore (Doctor Kirby), and Beam Mage (Beam Kirby)
  • Each area now has a number of different Monsters and Enemies to fight. This includes Mid-Bosses, Bosses, and Colossal Versions of Enemies (Bigger Versions)
  • Kirby can now buy new weapons and armor for each Role/Ability, that add different effects when equipped in a certain set, from Magalor's Shop. He can also buy Support Items
  • If you've played Kirby Planet Robobot, it will add the Susie Sword Hero Weapon and Armor to the Shoppe :D
  • If you're playing Solo, you can now add other players' Kirbys by using Streetpass or using WIFI with the recent update

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe Screenshots

33159745194_efba83e539_o.jpg33159745164_a300f23487_o.jpg33159745104_5335d5a3cc_o.jpg33159745074_566042d5e2_o.jpg33159744994_057077406b_o.jpg33159744984_58fe2960e3_o.jpg33159744934_61781a5456_o.jpg33159744874_3fd08b9bca_o.jpg33159744824_1838ebd180_o.jpg33159744744_2a5b09e361_o.jpg

34003213835_1fc212de4e_z.jpg

The second game is "Kirby's Blowout Blast", an upgraded and downloadable version of the game mode "Kirby 3D Rumble" from the game "Kirby Planet Robobot."

33845569932_22d24afa87.jpg

In Kirby's Blowout Blast, you control Kirby in a fully 3D adventure. However, this time he doesn't have any Copy Abilities and instead has to rely on Inhaling and Spitting to fight.

As of now, its current release date is scheduled for sometime in the Summer.

Other Notes and Information about Kirby's Blowout Blast:

• there are actual Levels to explore and platform instead of the small areas in Kirby 3D Deluxe
  • Kirby can still get points and combos for taking out many enemies

Kirby's Blowout Blast Screenshots

33845569882_88f16e5120_o.jpg34003214095_ffe7ed107e_o.jpg34003213965_222ab7f8cf_o.jpg33845569852_2537c85bfd_o.jpg33845569792_496fa7fc89_o.jpg34003213905_f61f2a234d_o.jpg

original.jpg

The third game was later revealed as Kirby Battle Royale.

Kirby-25th-Ann-Twitter-Launch.jpg

CzrfpnXVIAAlkv9.jpg:large

head.png

Kirby-25thAnniversary-Characters.png

There's also a Japanese Twitter Account that shows some amazing official artwork and stories of Kirby being followed by a Waddle Dee Camera Crew and news for other plans for his celebration.

• Thumbs Up 5

they should have put the multiplayer 3rd game on switch but LOOK NINTENDO CARES ABOUT KIRBY

OH MY GOD

I'm a big Kirby fan, so I know that whatever that multiplayer action game will be, it surely won't disappoint. Well, as long as it stays as far away as possible from Team Kirby Clash Deluxe's system. That game has the honor of being the most disappointing game I've ever played, and I've barely started playing. I'll post my thoughts next weekend, because they are really long.

I wish the new 3DS game was a Switch game instead but I understand getting a game out for the new system within the anniversary would be tough so w/e.

I can always go for more Kirby. Planet Robobot was phenomenal, and I also just recently beat Return to Dreamland via the eshop and I ain't all tired of the great pink one. Will totes be grabbing Blowout Blast, and look forward to seeing what the new game is all about.

Wish I could go to Japan to see the Kirby orchestra. Kirby music is up there with Sonic and DK for best game series soundtracks on my list. I hope if nothing else a CD comes out.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have not touched my 3ds since moon.  And I did not like it nearly as much as x y. I love Kirby but I'll wait for a switch game. Sigh

Being a single-player gamer, I'm kinda sad the next Kirby game apparently focuses on multiplayer. Hope there's a single-player story mode as well. If not, oh well. I've been spoiled with 3 amazing Kirby games since 2010, so I guess I can wait a bit longer for the next one if need be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Planet Robobot was the best Kirby game in years. If it weren't for my obsessive nostalgia for KDL3 and Crystal Shards, I'd go so far as to proclaim it the best Kirby game yet. It's because of that that I'm patient for the next big Kirby game and I'm interested in seeing what the upcoming multiplayer title is all about (maybe a Triforce Heroes/Federation Force-styled game that plays on the Return to Dream Land engine?) and especially Blowout Blast, which is edging us closer to that ever-coveted 3D Kirby platformer we've been wanting since Air Ride.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Being a single-player gamer, I'm kinda sad the next Kirby game apparently focuses on multiplayer. Hope there's a single-player story mode as well. If not, oh well. I've been spoiled with 3 amazing Kirby games since 2010, so I guess I can wait a bit longer for the next one if need be.

I assume it's going to be a standard Kirby game that happens to have multiplayer ala Return to Dreamland. I'll be surprised if it's not a game that works just fine as a single-player experience...but then again, it is kind of odd they'd specify it's multiplayer while not giving any other details on the game. Hmm.

• Thumbs Up 3

Finally, a thread I can enjoy posting in for once yay

I admit, I didn't expect to get into Kirby Clash Deluxe the way I did. Yeah the monetization system is bane to many, but personally I went pretty deep into it without having to spend Gem Apples before that paywall crept up. Plus this is just so much deeper than the subgame from Robobot it's not even funny. And oh my god the fanservice and the lore...HAL knows how to do without making it a negative. But let this be the only time the free-to-play model ever has its use in a Kirby game

Blowout Blast looks to be good; as a fully fledged gams now I'm getting Dream Land 1 flashbacks. Just let me play the full game upfront.

As for this multiplayer action game...who knows. It could be ala Amazing Mirror esque (please no), or RtDL-esque. Either way, HAL haven't disappoint and after Planet Robobot (one of the best games I've EVER played) it'll be interesting if they still go the 2.5D route of shift into a more 3D perspective, given what we saw in 3D Rumble/soon to be released Blowout Blast (least I hope so; 3D Rumble seem to be an interesting proof of concept being Kirby gameplay being used on a 3D plane). Also to note, the fact it's being released on 3DS isn't that surprising to me, since traditionally mainline Kirby games do tend to be released near the end of the console's lifespan somewhat. So this is definitely the Kirby 3DS swansong for the greener pastures of the Switch.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, TCB said:

As for this multiplayer action game...who knows. It could be ala Amazing Mirror esque (please no), or RtDL-esque.

The only difference between the multi-player aspect of these 2 games is the ability to ride other players...if they're stressing actual multi-player for the new game, it's not likely that there'll be A.I. controlled partners and a style that requires them. If that's what you're saying "please no" towards.

I guess so. I'm personally not a fan of how multiplayer was handled overall in such a Metroidvania like Kirby game, if that makes any sense...

I'm really happy about Blowout Blast.  Maybe this can be the Kirby's Dream Land of 3D Kirby games and they'll revisit the 3D concept with copy abilities next, a lá Dream Land -> Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I'm really happy about Blowout Blast.  Maybe this can be the Kirby's Dream Land of 3D Kirby games and they'll revisit the 3D concept with copy abilities next, a lá Dream Land -> Adventure.

Yup, that's exactly what I'm getting at with Blowout Blast; basically the 3D Dream Land 1 at the most fundamental of levels. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, speaking of 3D Kirby platformers, I'd been thinking: how do you think Copy abilities would work? Would they simply be single action powers like the earlier games, or do you think it's possible to give them each a list of moves like later ones? Personally, I think the latter could be done, depending on the control scheme.

The list of moves-like style adds more versatility (RtDL onwards), especially in a 3D environment I think.

It's funny, its gameplay has reached the point where, offensively, it opens up a whole new world of options with certain kinds of Copy Abilities, like Sword, Fighter, ESP, UFO...

...UFO

How do people define an Action Fighting game? Isn't that just a fighting game?

Regardless, would this be an upgraded Kirby Fighters? I loved Kirby Fighters, so having more of that plus more Copy Abilities, stages, items, and maybe playable King Dedede and Meta Knight would be fine by me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically wouldn't the Kirby games already be action fighters in a sense? Semantics aside, this actually has me vaguely interested now, can't wait for the gameplay reveal.

• 1 month later...

A Kirby Switch Game was announced today on the E3 Nintendo Direct :D

The pink puff is back—in HD—and he’s not alone.

Kirby™ is back—and he’s finally on the Nintendo Switch console in HD! But this time, he’s not alone. Recruit enemies by hitting them with hearts and gather helpers for a party of up to four characters. On top of that, you can join with up to three friends for a different kind of team-up action!

Features:

• The newest Kirby title comes to the Nintendo Switch console in HD
  • Recruit up to three enemies as helpers by hitting them with hearts
  • Returning copy abilities include, Sword, Fire, Water, Bomb, Broom and many more! 
  • Imbue copy abilities with different elements, such as wind, water, fire and electricity, by borrowing or giving them to helpers to add more attack power, unleash powerful attacks, or solve puzzles
  • Up to 4 players can join in with the horizontal Joy-Con™ controller configuration, or 8 Joy-Con with 4 Joy-Con Grips

• Thumbs Up 2

You don't create partners the same way as in Super Star, so no need for ability sacrificing.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

Pretty strange. Did the 3DS game switch platforms?

Good point; I'd forgotten the "multiplayer action game" was meant to be on the 3DS.  Speaking as a 3DS owner who doesn't own a Switch yet... honestly, they probably made the right call.  They're pitching to the core and this looks quintessentially Kirbyish, and its gimmick makes sense for a console that's heavy on multiplayer potential.